• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

33 minutes ago, King prawn said:

:rofl: 

No Baningame, Haring or Halliday over those clowns ? Kevin Hibsedit in the side aswell :facepalm: 

Even Doig over Kingsley OR Cochrane.

No Beni is simply lazy. Probably a decent argument to say he's been the best player in Scotland so far this season.

The good thing here is the likes of Beni,Gino, Woodburn and maybe even Devlin and McKay. All surprise packages. We know Gino could just well rip Doig - who can't defend - a new one. But do they?? Boyle is a good player for them, as is Magennis. Are they better footballers than Ben Woodburn???!?!

Post a combined team in 6 months, is all I'd say to any journo.

Porteous!!! Ha ha ha!!!

Edited by TheBigO

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

What would you think about McEneff at RWB, not in a back 4 obviously. 

Had no clue he could play there, but might be a good in between option. Gets about well, supposed to be known for his engine, and can attack. Could be a good shout. We definitely have more options than Cammy Logan though, who might not even be an option yet.

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Posted by PLZ...

Can we really cope with these media darlings? They're worth millions I tell ye...

:vrwow:

FB_IMG_1631204625291.jpg

Who the F put that team together! Porteous and that midfield, plus zero width. ahahahaha. Doig, Boyle and Nisbet are realistically the only Hibs players who would make the current Hearts team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, maroon said:

Robbie barely played any youngsters in the championship in empty stadiums last season. There is no way he will give a youngster his debut(?) in an Edinburgh derby. 

He gave Jack Hamilton his debut in a derby in 2014/15. (Back when Jack Hamilton was actually a decent keeper). We won and as I remember it Hamilton played a big part in that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

38 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I wouldn't have Haliday or Haring based on form either.  It would be an all Hearts defence.  Bani in the middle and I would have GMS in the side too. 

Ahead of Ginnely?

GMS is arguably the weakest part of our current front 3 and that's before we have clapped eyes on Woodburn or McKay.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Had no clue he could play there, but might be a good in between option. Gets about well, supposed to be known for his engine, and can attack. Could be a good shout. We definitely have more options than Cammy Logan though, who might not even be an option yet.

Yeah, you’re no doubt right. Be interesting to see who RN goes for. 

kingantti1874
41 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I wouldn't have Haliday or Haring based on form either.  It would be an all Hearts defence.  Bani in the middle and I would have GMS in the side too. 

Haring was outstanding in our last game, shit finishing aside 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I fele like there is a Beni long range top corner rasper and a Haring thumped header goal in our near future this season. Hopefully the very near future

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Ahead of Ginnely?

GMS is arguably the weakest part of our current front 3 and that's before we have clapped eyes on Woodburn or McKay.

Yes ahead of Gino.  He draws in defenders and wins free kicks and penalties. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I only seen the highlights so you are better to judge. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Posted by PLZ...

Can we really cope with these media darlings? They're worth millions I tell ye...

FB_IMG_1631204625291.jpg

Gordon

Smith Souttar Porteous Doig

Boyle Beni Newell GMS

Nisbet Boyce 

That's as sensible as anyone should have it. 

Kingsley for Doig perhaps. 

Porteous could be argued for Halkett but we haven't seen enough of any other players signed for us imo that would warrant a shout... yet.

Magennis/DHayes are laughable options imo. 

Posted by PLZ...

FB_IMG_1631204625291.jpg

Aye OK, bring it on ya bunch of cockwombling sisterfistin spoonburning tubes. I love it when the media bigs them up and gets them all uber confident.  Makes the reality incertion all the more enjoyable. Honestly, where does this deluded push come from?

Edited by TypoonJambo

Posted by PLZ...

FB_IMG_1631204625291.jpg

Bugger, I was really looking forward to Sunday, this has got me really thinking I’m wrong to be confident ,

was this 1 journalist, if so who ?

porteous wtf …. anyway let them have their fun 

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Gordon

Smith Souttar Porteous Doig

Boyle Beni Newell GMS

Nisbet Boyce 

That's as sensible as anyone should have it. 

Kingsley for Doig perhaps. 

Porteous could be argued for Halkett but we haven't seen enough of any other players signed for us imo that would warrant a shout... yet.

Magennis/DHayes are laughable options imo. 

I would go your team too.  

Posted by PLZ...

FB_IMG_1631204625291.jpg

This select is an insult to Hearts and should be deleted and never mentioned again.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hickey covered at right back for a few games and he was a teenager.

I agree with whoever it was - I don’t see the massive down side in Halliday playing RWB ahead of somebody that has never played that role in their career.

Or if you wanted someone with a bit more technical ability as a player there you could play Kingsley at RWB, Cochrane at LCB and Halliday at LWB.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hickey covered at right back for a few games and he was a teenager.

I agree with whoever it was - I don’t see the massive down side in Halliday playing RWB ahead of somebody that has never played that role in their career.

Or if you wanted someone with a bit more technical ability as a player there you could play Kingsley at RWB, Cochrane at LCB and Halliday at LWB.

Hickey was two footed. 

Is Smith definitely confirmed as being out ? Hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere yet?

Assuming he is I would stick with the Same shape/formation, I don't like us changing system just because Smith is out, so hopefully robbie sticks with the 3-4-3

My team for Sunday would be,

Gordon

Souttar Halks Cochrane 

Woodburn Beni Devlin Kingsley

Gino Boyce GMS

The reason I have put Woodburn at Rwb as I think it was mentioned before in an interview that Klopp had played him there 2 or 3 times before and he did ok, he seems a hard worker and looked comfortable on the right against dundee united, I would give it a shot before playing Moore there who has never played there before, I think Devlin starts as this is a game that we need to go and attack and Devlin is more attack minded than haring, plus robbie can bring Haring on at 60 minutes to slow down play and control the game which I think might be key. Get at them with that team from the off and I am confident of a win by two goals, prediction is Hearts 4 - 2 H1b5. HHGH!!

17 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

i honestly haven't a clue who Doyle Hayes is 

Another player who will end up getting found out. They were all raving about Gogic at the same stage last season. 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Aye OK, bring it on ya bunch of cockwombling sisterfistin spoonburning tubes. I love it when the media bigs them up and gets them all uber confident.  Makes the reality incertion all the more enjoyable. Honestly, where does this deluded push come from?

The author is a bit Celticky so has shoehorned as many as possible of their B team in to this. 

31 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Neither had I ... Thought it was 2 players

🤣🤣 … I’m glad someone else said it! Me too!

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, maroon said:

Robbie barely played any youngsters in the championship in empty stadiums last season. There is no way he will give a youngster his debut(?) in an Edinburgh derby. 

Last season was a freak. The youngsters weren’t training or getting games at their own level because of bubbles and lockdowns.

That aside, unless the youngster is better than a senior squad member why should they play? Why would a manager deliberately play a weaker team than the best one he feels will win the match?

Have never understood that criticism. 

kingantti1874

Doyle Hayes before Banigimie May be one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

Beni Banimgimie will absolutely dominate the game this weekend 

If their Olympian diving flying wig plays then we will need to be sharp , so if Smith is out we will need some experience. 
No chance Neilson will play a youngster.  

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some amount of new posters telling us that  the above selection is a good representation 😂

it’s not. 

I hope you don't mean me.  I was referring to the posters team which looks fair and balanced. 

It really is time for this mob to be put back in their box. I never made it in football but take me back to when I was late teens, early 20s playing Under 21s and I’d love to play against nicey players like Newell who thinks he’s a “player”.   

A bit close attention and he’s out the game.  Get the energy levels up, hound this shite in midfield and at the back, and half the job is done.  If we don’t turn up(which is unlikely) it’ll be criminal.

We should be licking our lips. 

Edited by Debut 4

14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wingers swap sides all the time.

Whats the difference?

Areas.  You are put under pressure as a defender. You need to be thorough, make less mistakes and deal with the ball quickly.  At the other end a winger can take a chance and the nature of the passage of play is different. 

I hope we don’t play a left footer on the right in defence.  Left peggers rarely use their right. Far less than a right footer will use his left.  

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It really is time for this mob to be put back in their box. I never made it in football but take me back to when I was late teens, early 20s playing Under 21s and I’d love to play against nicey players like Newell who thinks he’s a “player”.   

A bit close attention and he’s out the game.  Get the energy levels up, hound this shite in midfield and at the back, and half the job is done.  If we don’t turn up(which is unlikely) it’ll be criminal.

We should be licking our lips. 

To be fair we put them back in their box last season as well, but that result seems to have been forgotten by everyone previewing this game, especially Hibs fans.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Areas.  You are put under pressure as a defender. You need to be thorough, make less mistakes and deal with the ball quickly.  At the other end a winger can take a chance and the nature of the passage of play is different. 

I hope we don’t play a left footer on the right in defence.  Left peggers rarely use their right. Far less than a right footer will use his left.  

Aren’t you better having a player used to the position, playing that position rather than just a player, any player, who hasn’t played that position but has a right foot?

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought it was an anagram.  If it is, I can't work it out.

‘Hy Yo sad eel’ that’s the best I can come up with DoyleHayes

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

‘Hey Yo sad eel’ that’s the best I can come up with DoyleHayes

If you have quite bad dyslexia another anagram is vermin shitebag

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Aren’t you better having a player used to the position, playing that position rather than just a player, any player, who hasn’t played that position but has a right foot?

I’d agree, yes.  I didn’t say play anyone there with a right foot but I’d try and avoid a left pegger if we had options.  

I suppose it comes down to Neilson’s judgement to who’ll be more adaptable. I’ve noticed Kingsley come inside a lot during his time at LB and is happy enough doing the basics with his weaker foot.  He may be the stand out option. 

Or, does Souttar move out there?  Can’t see it but we know he’s comfy on the ball and likes to come forward in possession. We’ve saw Hearts centre backs play RB before over the years , whether as a stop gap or long term position change.  

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d agree, yes.  I didn’t say play anyone there with a right foot but I’d try and avoid a left pegger if we had options.  

I suppose it comes down to Neilson’s judgement to who’ll be more adaptable. I’ve noticed Kingsley come inside a lot during his time at LB and is happy enough doing the basics with his weaker foot.  He may be the stand out option. 

Or, does Souttar move out there?  Can’t see it but we know he’s comfy on the ball and likes to come forward in possession. We’ve saw Hearts centre backs play RB before over the years , whether as a stop gap or long term position change.  

Don't think I would want Souttar moving away from his central position protecting Halkett as well as doing his own defending and attacking.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Is he?

Coaching staff rate him and I'm happy to give youth with potential a chance over random journeymen. 

If Smith is out, Moore is definitely the ideal player to fill in.   53 games at right back, 116 at center back.    No idea if he played well 😉.    I'd consider dropping Haring out as a backup for the defence if so.    

Gordon, Moore, Souttar, Halkett,  Kingsley,  Cochrane, Devlin, Beni, Woodburn,  Boyce, GMS. 

Subs:  Stewart, Haring, Haliday, McEneff, Ginnelly, Gnando,  McKay. 

Hearts win.   Most likely will be a battle of a Derby with the referee keeping the game slowed down and disciplined.    Possibly 1-0.

I'm hoping we have a great day of it and win 3-0, easier on the nerves.   

Edited by HMFC01

SuperstarSteve

No fear at all. Never do against the scum. They will fold like a deckchair from the atmosphere, even more so with an early start. 

Regarding the one sided debate earlier, that combined team was scandalous 😂 boyle and nisbet are the only two who get in our squad. Neither is guaranteed to start either. 

Not one single doubt in my mind about the result. I’d love to quote David Haye but don’t think it would be appropriate 😂

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, maroon said:

Wasn't that to do with the reserve team and first team not mixing during Covid and the suspension of the reserve leagues? 

Logan made his debut starting against Kilmarnock away in the last league game of the season May 2018. Apart from that he has played in a few friendlies.

6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Wasn't that to do with the reserve team and first team not mixing during Covid and the suspension of the reserve leagues? 

Logan made his debut starting against Kilmarnock away in the last league game of the season May 2018. Apart from that he has played in a few friendlies.

Where in Queensferry you about bud?