Daniel Stendel

Arthur Morgan

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The players are a talented lot, the board is ok, the stadium is great, the training facilities are great, the ticket office staff are great, the shop staff are great, the hospitality is superb and the staff are great, the scouting has been exceptional. Now the most important job in the club is the first team manager, if that person isn’t up to the job it affects the players, the club finances like hospitality, crowds, shop, future signings, etc.  All we need now is a manager that is good enough to take Hearts to where it belongs and that is competing for the Cups & League playing Attacking football no matter who we play against or where in Scotland. 
So yes I have a positive word to say about many things connected with Hearts and my main wish is Hearts supporters leaving games happy that their team has won and scored a few goals and excited about our next game. 
100% JAMBO

That was his opinion on you mate, funny i wonder who was managing Hearts at the time 🤔🙄

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

• ToqueJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Drumjambo said:

Hes no won a game  yet 0-9 - I'm guessing its defending or possibly he's signed the hologram????

Had a full pre season as well I thought that was all he needed to transform a squad into Liverpool ! 

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Everydays a school day.

So he's moaning people are disrespecting him but calling folk alcoholics and inferring they beat women?

Id like to think Bingo has had better days in his life than today but I fear Id be disappointed.

:lol:

No 🤔looks like it went over you tbh. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No 🤔looks like it went over you tbh. 

So explain...

Infact dont.

Im not sure anyone could take anymore of you making such a fool of yourself.

Edited by been here before

His style reminded me of being 12 and making a formation on FIFA with one defender and everyone else in attack.

I thought Peter Pan was someone that hasn’t grown up but now he’s an alcoholic wife beater as well. 

#prayforpeterswife

been here before
Just now, Des Lynam said:

I thought Peter Pan was someone that hasn’t grown up but now he’s an alcoholic wife beater as well. 

#prayforpeterswife

He gets like that tooting the bingo.

ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I find it incredibly really that the likes of Smith's right boot and others like been here before, who backed Levein to the death even though we had 3 years of him underperforming, and essentially crediting our downfall as a club, want to pin the blame on a German who was with our club for 3 months, they also have jumped in with two feet about his time at As Nancy not really knowing what the situation is, should they be bottom, Nope, but did they know they had lost players, nope again posters opening there mouths and let there arse talk, 

The players they lost is like us losing Beni, Souttar, Woodburn. 

Or Naismith, Haring and Souttar, like Levein did. Or Neilson losing Sow on the eve of an important derby cup tie. It certainly is hard for any manager to win games without your best players.

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

So explain...

**** thisll be good.

a youthful, boyish, or immature man. Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers. Word origin. C20: after the main character in Peter Pan (1904), a play by J. M. Barrie

🤔 Did i really just have to explain that 🙄

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or Naismith, Haring and Souttar, like Levein did. Or Neilson losing Sow on the eve of an important derby cup tie. It certainly is hard for any manager to win games without your best players.

For 2 years yeah? 

ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, Beni said:

Levein played Pereira in every game after he signed him, except for one when he was injured. The rotating you mention didn't happen. 

It was you who brought Levein into the discussion, and you're using Pereira as a stick to beat Stendel with, when he didn't sign him or play him as often as Levein.

Darn tootin'. The worst and most damaging individual mistake I've ever seen any Hearts manager make was Stendel sticking with that goalie too long.

ToqueJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

For 2 years yeah? 

Pretty much 1 and a half seasons yeah, that was only about a third of the key players out for extended periods as well - many out at the same time. But you obviously know this because we all watched the games.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

a youthful, boyish, or immature man. Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers. Word origin. C20: after the main character in Peter Pan (1904), a play by J. M. Barrie

No, no you didnt because in all your excitement you didnt read my edit.

Edited by been here before
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

#prayforpeterswife

Kids these days stealing our innocent words and phrases eh! 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Na sorry dude thats not the only definition of “Peter Pan” you cant claim “Bingo” is insulting as a slang phrase then use “Peter Pan” but say its only meant in the Collins English Dictionary definition. 

moving the goalposts is not right

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

He gets like that tooting the bingo.

Ffs 🤣🤣🤣 this thread is Mental As Anything , i love jkb sometimes

been here before
Just now, sadj said:

Ffs 🤣🤣🤣 this thread is Mental As Anything , i love jkb sometimes

Live it up.

Stendelnator
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Kids these days stealing our innocent words and phrases eh! 

You’ve been snorting too much bingo 

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na sorry dude thats not the only definition of “Peter Pan” you cant claim “Bingo” is insulting as a slang phrase then use “Peter Pan” but say its only meant in the Collins English Dictionary definition. 

moving the goalposts is not right

Okay boss 👍

ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

His style reminded me of being 12 and making a formation on FIFA with one defender and everyone else in attack.

It was all very Jimmy Calderwood at Killie, especially playing with 5 forwards when chasing a game in the last 15 mins

Edited by ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Yeah , it kinda does , set everyone to stay forward and hope the goalie keeps them out. I liked his thought process and I enjoyed watching us going forward but it was not the right thing to do. I could even understand keeping JP in goals as his system more needed a sweeper keeper. But points were needed , get them on the board then start to implement your style and push forward. Sadly he didnt do that. All the whataboutery of Levein or Cathro etc is irrelevant , Cathro and Stendel had similar approaches for the most part and neglected basics that cost us games

Bongo 1874
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

#prayforpeterswife

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Live it up.

Love that song , ever googled the band members? The two guitarists on the left of stage in that vid are brothers. They aged aswell as my gran did when started the bingo. 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You’ve been snorting too much bingo 

The closest I get is sniffing the markers at the bingo….

Jim Panzee
6 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

oops i apologise i have just read my original post back and you are right, i meant to quote the guy saying about relagation and make the point that we were demoted, my bad 😆

No worries mate - as I said - no biggie 😃

• Moderators

Can we stick to discussing Daniel please? There’s probably a Peter Pan thread in the Shed already. 

Thanks

Alex Kintner
42 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Right man, wrong time. 

Maybe. His record for us and his current team suggests otherwise though.

Bongo 1874
29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty much 1 and a half seasons yeah, that was only about a third of the key players out for extended periods as well - many out at the same time. But you obviously know this because we all watched the games.

I do i also know players careers were risked, playing while not being fully fit and playing through injuries. 

Robbies Tackle
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I do i also know players careers were risked, playing while not being fully fit and playing through injuries. 

The signed shite on the way down to replace injured players.

Levein was a complete disaster for HMFC yet still have a few apologists for the [email protected] 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Levein was a complete disaster for HMFC yet still have a few apologists for the [email protected] 

I think the appropriate way of saying it, is Levein had 2 and a half years, compared to Stendels 3 months, the fact I've got too explain that to some really worries me tbh, but each to their own opinion. 

Robbies Tackle
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I think the appropriate way of saying it, is Levein had 2 and a half years, compared to Stendels 3 months, the fact I've got too explain that to some really worries me tbh, but each to their own opinion. 

Aye, it's ludicrous to say Stendel even had a fraction of the support Levein got.  He was even kicking about in the background being paid when DS was trying and told to wait to get his own background team in.  Talk about Comedy central. 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye, it's ludicrous to say Stendel even had a fraction of the support Levein got.  He was even kicking about in the background being paid when DS was trying and told to wait to get his own background team in.  Talk about Comedy central. 

Budget was gone mate, Stendels fault for that though, Stendels fault that Robbie has been left with Boyce 🙂

Auldbenches
12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I despise what he done in his second spell.   

Never knew what he was doing and Budge admitted that when she called him haphazard. 

He also admitted it after a game.  Actually said. 'I don't know what to do!'   

Should've been sacked on the spot there and then for saying that.  

Stendel got us bottom and that lead to us being demoted, but the main culprit was levein. 

Amazed at his apologists on here  

Robbies Tackle
Just now, Auldbenches said:

I despise what he done in his second spell.   

Never knew what he was doing and Budge admitted that when she called him haphazard. 

He also admitted it after a game.  Actually said. 'I don't know what to do!'   

Should've been sacked on the spot there and then for saying that.  

Stendel got us bottom and that lead to us being demoted, but the main culprit was levein. 

Amazed at his apologists on here  

I'm in 100% in agreement. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm always surprised at how much Neilson is despised by some based on the complete lack of consistency or efficiency of anything else in the last 15 years. Bob is far from perfect but still miles in front of his fellow Hearts managers

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm always surprised at how much Neilson is despised by some based on the complete lack of consistency or efficiency of anything else in the last 15 years. Bob is far from perfect but still miles in front of his fellow Hearts managers

The stats speak for themselves 👍🏻

Are we just gonna have Daniel Stendel threads for the next 10 years debating how shite or no shite he was? He's gone. And it's for the best imo please let's move on.

Saint Jambo

You can believe that in 2019-20 season both Levein and Stendel were utter failures. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. People should try it, it makes life pretty simple. Once you take that position it is then possible to be on a thread about Stendel and just post about Stendel.

Personally, I don't wish him any ill will. But to use an appropriately German term, I find it hard not to experience a bit of schadenfreude that those posters who slated people like me who pointed out that his managerial record was actually pretty thin before we appointed him and then abused people like me when we suggested he should be sacked at the point it had become clear that his management of Hearts was an utter car crash and was putting us at very real risk of relegation, now find their football judgement so clealy shown up as Stendel has his 5th car crash season in 6 seasons of management.

jock _turd

I cannot believe that this man is still being discussed given that he took us to a position that made it easy to have us disposed of to the championship. It would appear this guy, and yes he may be a very nice guy, has had one season where he got some good results and things went well. Since then it has been an absolute shit show from him and the teams he has fielded . There cannot be any dispute about this at all he is not a manager !

Robbies Tackle
7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I cannot believe that this man is still being discussed given that he took us to a position that made it easy to have us disposed of to the championship. It would appear this guy, and yes he may be a very nice guy, has had one season where he got some good results and things went well. Since then it has been an absolute shit show from him and the teams he has fielded . There cannot be any dispute about this at all he is not a manager !

Aye because he knew covid was coming right enough.

The club failed to be reactive to Levein or nothing situation.  When he was punted they wanted MacPhee to get the role, he failed, then took ages to appoint someone, fannied about with his background team and failed to back him relatively in Jan. 

The whole process took us down as well as a pandemic.  

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Are we just gonna have Daniel Stendel threads for the next 10 years debating how shite or no shite he was? He's gone. And it's for the best imo please let's move on.

image.gif.2ca84d67b2adb1131337cb804080f6fa.gif

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

You can believe that in 2019-20 season both Levein and Stendel were utter failures. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. People should try it, it makes life pretty simple. Once you take that position it is then possible to be on a thread about Stendel and just post about Stendel.

Personally, I don't wish him any ill will. But to use an appropriately German term, I find it hard not to experience a bit of schadenfreude that those posters who slated people like me who pointed out that his managerial record was actually pretty thin before we appointed him and then abused people like me when we suggested he should be sacked at the point it had become clear that his management of Hearts was an utter car crash and was putting us at very real risk of relegation, now find their football judgement so clealy shown up as Stendel has his 5th car crash season in 6 seasons of management.

Shame you didn't use that knowledge, when Barnsley appointed him 🤔

What was you're thoughts on Neilson when we got beat by Brora? 

Edited by Bongo 1874
Bongo 1874
55 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

But Robbie is haha 😂

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Really i don't know how tbh 🤔

You're basing these stats on him in the past, let's see how those stats do this season and then be the judge 👍

No doubt if he doesn't finish above Aberdeen or Hibs some will say it's fine. 

Bongo 1874
59 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I find this utterly ironic, considering some had the same opinion of Neilson, when we got put out of Europe. 

Does that mean that you're football judgement was shown up. 

I mean despite having the biggest budget in the league it took Neilson two attempts to get Dundee Utd promoted. 

Alex Kintner

One decent season out of six really is a shocking record. Especially when the other five have been so terrible. 

Bongo 1874
10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

One decent season out of six really is a shocking record. Especially when the other five have been so terrible. 

Getting put out the Scottish by Brora is shocking getting put out the league cup by alloa is equally shocking, getting put out the cup by Hibs when leading by 2 goals -0 only for them to go on and win it resulting in them being the last Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup 🤔 getting put out of Europe by minnows is shocking, but are board accepts shocking. 

Well if you are Robbie that is 😁

Edited by Bongo 1874