****Official Dundee Utd V Hearts matchday thread****

GinRummy

Toronto Jambo
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Seriously? What did Craig have to do that any keeper at that level wouldn't have been expected to do? Today was a walk in the park for him. 

Nothing in particular other than consistently. Keepers at this level are prone to errors, Gordon can absorb pressure more consistently than others. Without him, it's a risk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Up our game my arse. 

These tramps have only beaten the dregs of the division. 

Next up they are playing us and I reckon their farters will be requiring some medical attention one they have had the maroon bazooka up them.

And we're the boys to apply the lube,with a wee bit of shattered glass in it obviously.  Bring on the Tramps,it's Rogering Time!!!

Thought we were dominant for 75 minutes today and if Haring had taking his chances we would have been out of sight.

Cochrane was my MOTM. Unbelievably solid and always covering. I don’t think he’ll be a massive attacking threat but he will be a massive rock at the back.

2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Routine saves, not great.

But according to the BBC they were the best saves ever made in history and if it wasn't for them we would have lost 10-1.  

That's pretty much what they said.  Good to see a hibs supporter getting such an important job.

Watt-Zeefuik
9 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Only 'saw' the game through JKB. CG had to make 3 or 4 great saves to keep the lead. Y or N

Not great saves, but key ones. The most dangerous one was a header that came in high that he had to tip over the bar. The others were good strong strikes that he parried well. Nothing like his saves against Celtic but if you had a shakey keeper they're the kinds of saves they might muff or fail to clear. Glad to have him between the sticks of course but they were saves a good keeper makes.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Routine saves, not great.

Definitely routine for Craigie. Too much is made of him being the difference for us, as if somehow we'd be getting thumped if it wasn't for him. He simply makes saves when he has to which is why we signed him. Good for us for recognising the importance of a solid goalie.

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Dicks everywhere frank. 

Never mind, as I said earlier they'll be up to their baws in frustration for the next couple of weeks.

🤣

13 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Not really, no. 

Dearie me!! Maybe need to learn what Boyce brings to the team and how important he is instead of talking drivel

Edited by sadj

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm buzzing Jonno. We're gonnae fecking pump the manky mob.

:robboyas:

This feels like years gone by, cannot wait for those wee toalies

10 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Only 'saw' the game through JKB. CG had to make 3 or 4 great saves to keep the lead. Y or N

The saves were pretty routine tbh apart from maybe the Mulgrew free kick, Hearts apart from a brief spell.were totally in control and much better than Utd all over the park. 

The team looks young, enthusiastic and full of ideas. Great win and a good performance.

One of the best away performances in ages.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Boyce in Hearts SHOCKER twist...

Screenshot_20210828-172107_BBC Sport.jpg

Boyce is a great player for us, just thought his hold up and decision making was poor today. You seem desperate to ride to his rescue when it really isn't necessary. 

We were excellent in the first half and hopefully that is how we go into all away games.

However we scored just before half time and we noticeably sat back and let them come onto us for most of the 2nd half. I don't see why we didn't just play the same as we had done in the first half.

However as long as we get 3 points I don't care how we play. Hopefully we can get the team ready for the derby and there's not too many of them away for internationals.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣

Dearie me!! Maybe need to learn what Boyce brings to the team and how important he is instead of talking drivel

He's one of the first name on the team sheet and rightly so. Doesn't mean he is immune from a bad game. 

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Remind me what Gordon is there to do?

Make saves?

Just doing his job.

It's amazing the number of clowns who forget that what he gets paid for.

Goalkeepers making saves, it will never catch on!

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely routine for Craigie. Too much is made of him being the difference for us, as if somehow we'd be getting thumped if it wasn't for him. He simply makes saves when he has to which is why we signed him. Good for us for recognising the importance of a solid goalie.

Spot on. The team includes a goalie, they all have one in this league, just not as good as Craig. He did his job today like the rest of them.

Edited by Jack Torrance

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This feels like years gone by, cannot wait for those wee toalies

Come on!!! :flag1:

:fth:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

But according to the BBC they were the best saves ever made in history and if it wasn't for them we would have lost 10-1.  

That's pretty much what they said.  Good to see a hibs supporter getting such an important job.

I saw that. Typical Aberdeen fan in the media comment.

15 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

No really no 🤣🤣🤣🤣 was a very commanding performance , could have done better and def should have been at least 3-0 up early second half but other than ten mins when Utd threw everything at us they werent in the game at all. 

Ex member of the SaS
15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

happy with result and 3 points

not happy with some individual players dragging others down. Final third has to improve, that means Smith either learns to cross in these two weeks or he’s dropped. Haring played okay, was absolutely raging at his two misses, could have cost us. Boyce did what he needed to but was too slow.

beni was outstanding as usual. Made Fuchs look pukes. Nando’s and Ginnelly the difference.

amazing start to the season points wise, really need everything to gel for the derby as I feel we are a couple of sparks off fully clicking. Looking forward to it

No just Smith, Halliday has had four or five chances to get the ball into the box in the last two games and failed to get past the first defender.

No point busting a gut down the wing if the final ball doesn't go anywhere.

Franksluckypants
17 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Average for Craig. Excellent for any other SPFL keeper!

5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

He's one of the first name on the team sheet and rightly so. Doesn't mean he is immune from a bad game. 

A bad game for him is still better than most other players in this league in what he contributes

19 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

They were standard saves by CG standard. 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Spot on. The team includes a goalie, they all have one in this league, just not as good as Craig. He did his job today like the rest of them.

It's like saying we wouldn't have won if we hadn't scored goals. Well, duh....

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I find the need by some(and not actually including you) to want to find the slightest error in Boyce's all-around play. Yet, since day 1, he's done exactly what he's paid very well to do. Score. 

We've not got a world class striker, who's infallible. Because no such player on the planet exists. Boyce is more than aware I'd imagine of his limitations. Playing 40 yards from goal with his back to it, isn't his strength. Like most pro's who can be arsed, he'll work on his deficiencies away from the pitch. 

The above stats don't lie. But, like every striker since Robbo, or the Messiah-like Lafferty in some people's eyes(who never assisted once in his Hearts career I don't think...)

Boyce's seemingly open to more criticism. Rather than focusing on the positives of his recent performances. The mis-control, the rebounded ball...they get the spotlight. Not appreciation of what we've finally got ourselves upfront.

Strange, is all.

Well I am a big Boyce fan and would say he is pretty much undroppable. Our best CF since Bednar and Jank. Just thought today despite our possesion domination he made some bad choices and wasn't as strong with their CHs. I can't speak for people who pick holes but would happily defend the fact he had one of his poorer games today. I'd wager he himself would say as much as I suspect he holds himself to high standards. 

29 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Rhetorical question:-

Do we have the best 'keeper in the SPL, or do we have the best 'keeper? 😁

Nope, not the best in the spfl. the best in the UK !

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He can play as badly as that every week. He is so bad he will probably only score about 20 goals. 

Feckin murder eh?

Aye mate its awful having his quality , Woodburn and him first half were looking very very good linking up too and the work they did was leaving GMS , Halliday and Smith free we just didnt take advantage as we should have.

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's like saying we wouldn't have won if we hadn't scored goals. Well, duh....

Exactly. Who'd ah thunk it eh? Fancy a team having a strong goalie stopping the ball going in their net. Fecking Imposters.

Just now, whodanny said:

Na i wanted Joe Hart , thursday showed why I did too

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Rips my knitting this, "A save you would expect him to make," across all teams from EPL down.

A good save is a good save and devaluing it is kerapp!

A shot straight at him, we'll held, fair enough but when an outfield player hits home a 20 yarder, you say great goal.

Keepers carry the can if they make mistakes  quite rightly, when they are virtually flawless,  you can stick your "routine save" where it belongs, in the pathetic cliché bin.

Edited by colinmaroon

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Na i wanted Joe Hart , thursday showed why I did too

I can see your point. He's certainly entertaining. 😆

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

I find the need by some(and not actually including you) to want to find the slightest error in Boyce's all-around play. Yet, since day 1, he's done exactly what he's paid very well to do. Score. 

We've not got a world class striker, who's infallible. Because no such player on the planet exists. Boyce is more than aware I'd imagine of his limitations. Playing 40 yards from goal with his back to it, isn't his strength. Like most pro's who can be arsed, he'll work on his deficiencies away from the pitch. 

The above stats don't lie. But, like every striker since Robbo, or the Messiah-like Lafferty in some people's eyes(who never assisted once in his Hearts career I don't think...)Boyce's seemingly open to more criticism. Rather than focusing on the positives of his recent performances. The mis-control, the rebounded ball...they get the spotlight. Not appreciation of what we've finally got ourselves upfront.

Strange, is all.

Although why change a formation that's working, I'd love to see Gnando and Boyce played up top together for longer again. Felt they showed signs of being a promising partnership tail end of last season and he scored more after Gnando arrived. Boyce is class though - always trying to make something happen. Mention for Gnando - he's done very well every time he's come on.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

But, but what aboot thon shampoo salesman. 

PhoenixHearts
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cracking win. Played some excellent football. Unfortunately a lot of our best chances inside and outside the box fell to the likes of Haring and Souttar. We should look at replacing Haring with Devlin or McEneff in some games to add a bit more scoring threat. Haring did boss the midfield with Beni for most of the 90 mins though.

Fantastic start to the season though, considering the teams we've played. Hibs on the other hand have played no-one yet.

I'd maybe keep this same team for the derby(except Gino for Woodburn and Kingsley in for Halliday moving Cochrane to LWB)

Would like to see McEneff get some more run in the team and excited to see what Devlin can bring but I'm not sure a derby is the best place for a debutant.

That said I was skeptical about Beni making his debut against Celtic and we all know how that went...

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, colinmaroon said:

Rips my knitting this, "A save you would expect him to make," across all teams from EPL down.

A good save is a good save and devaluing it is kerapp!

A shot straight at him, we'll held, fair enough but when a player hits home a 20 yards, you say great goal.

Keepers carry the can if they make mistakes  quite rightly, when they are virtually flawless,  you can stick your "routine save" where it belongs, in the pathetic cliché bin.

It is routine for Craigie though, because he's class. We're used to him doing it because he does it so often.

Just now, Barack said:

I'd imagine he does. Not sure why folk are quick to denigrate him.

I'm sure people far more intelligent than I, could provide theories as to why.

He's a focul point and generally a 8/10. When he has a bad game it shows. Anyway, seems an emotional one for some so will leave it there

Pasquale for King

Absolutely bossed the game apart from 15 minutes in the second half, great performance. Missed a few chances also that could’ve been 3 or 4 easily. 

Just now, trotter said:

Indeed Jonno my pedigree chum. I'll settle for the three points, but ripping the arse out of their goal difference in the process would be oh so :sweeet:

22 minutes ago, best in the land said:

That's an excuse for today but can't be used for previous games where he has generally been poor 

You are a hard task master. 

He's lucky if his game time has stretched to 90 minutes this season. 

In that time he has been involved in two winning goals and the clincher today. 

He also gets back to help when we are under pressure. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It is routine for Craigie though, because he's class. We're used to him doing it because he does it so often.

Still a great save!  Commentators (certain numpties) come away with that crass devaluation.

Remember McLauhlin I think, making a superb save from Griffiths in Celtic game at T, and that was the idiot's comment, "Expect him to save," and it was not meant to praise Gordon.  He was brassed off Celtic hadn't scored. 

PhoenixHearts
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Woodburn will be playing. He is fine according to Robbie.

Woodburn for GMS then. I think Ginelly absolutely needs to start the derby. He'll give their left back fits. 

Unfortunately I think GMS is the kind of player they'll lock on to and try to batter off the field. He has bags of skill and could be a difference maker but I feel like he's far too lightweight at times. Going to be a very physical game.

7 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

But, but what aboot thon shampoo salesman. 

Meant to say. big Craigie is Head 'n' shoulders above him. 😉

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

In my opinion why would we work on something all summer, then the one game

It doesn’t work just Chuck it out? 

Hands up. Perfectly executed tactically. Both wing backs offered threat throughout. No real attempt to sit back and defend and shut it down. Great performance, our best of the season by a distance. Actually well done Robbie, and I don’t say that often trust me.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Although why change a formation that's working, I'd love to see Gnando and Boyce played up top together for longer again. Felt they showed signs of being a promising partnership tail end of last season and he scored more after Gnando arrived. Boyce is class though - always trying to make something happen. Mention for Gnando - he's done very well every time he's come on.

Dundee Utd changed formation and took a bit of control we adjusted formation and took it back. Just football mate sometimes you have to do that. If Woodburn hadnt got a knock then maybe we wouldnt have 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The pleasing thing for me is that we are building a squad of good players. 

We will only improve and hopefully we will get another couple in by Tuesday.

They are showing some belief and confidence is building with good results. 

3 including Devlin minimum pal