Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

1617 ? Didn’t know the league was that old 😂 ( comemtstor just now regarding a hobbo player scoring 4 goals in their first 4 matches ) 😂

I didn’t think we were brilliant today but deserved to win against a United side who really only turned up after 60mins.

The pedestrian 2 or 3 touch play frustrates me. When we played a couple of first time passes (Souttar Woodburn and Smith tried it a few times) we look so much more threatening.

Gordon, Cochrane and Souttar the stand outs for me.

JudyJudyJudy

Looks like Tony watt is the man that got away . He’s havin a purple patch at Motherwell 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

we didn’t make hard work of it at all. That was as convincing an away win as you’ll see all season.

Disagree we let them come at is 2nd half when we should have went for it 

All about opinions 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Looks like Tony watt is the man that got away . He’s havin a purple patch at Motherwell 

His biggest problems are in his own head. A very talented player but just doesn’t show it nearly often enough. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

We came out in the second half and ripped into them again, then they made two subs and changed their formation, we had to adjust. I don't think we sat back on purpose, once we adjusted we were into them again. They had maybe a 10-15 minute spell when they looked dangerous. We dealt with it.

All about opinions,  we sat back and they were up for it , just think we need to be on the front foot and finish off teams 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

His biggest problems are in his own head. A very talented player but just doesn’t show it nearly often enough. 

Might be sorting those issues out now ? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Marczero said:

All about opinions,  we sat back and they were up for it , just think we need to be on the front foot and finish off teams 

We were and we did.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Might be sorting those issues out now ? 

Maybe. Wasn’t really meaning mental health issues as such. Just lacks confidence and application.

Good win today 

no team will ever dominate a match for 90 minutes, Dundee United were always going to have a period in the game where they were dominant 

For as bad as we were at Parkhead 2 weeks ago, we still scored twice

Some people really need to get some perspective.

I couldn’t see a single thing to complain about today. A very comfortable away win against a team who have started the season in fairly good shape. Okay they had a wee spell but a few fairly routine saves for CG was the height of their threat. Mild concerns about chance taking (2 sitters missed again today)Mild concerns about depth of squad. Mild concerns about shape when defending . Otherwise a very good days work by all concerned. Best 90 minute performance of the season so far by a distance.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

On another note, D Utd look very shite which is pleasing. St Mirren gave us a much tougher game.

I thought they were okay second half. Plenty teams will go there and not win this season

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Oh - but fitness.

We looked knackered for the last quarter of the game - have we not been working on the fitness side of things enough?

Three at the back just suits us really well. Allows Souttar to bring the ball out with cover behind and suits Halkett so much better.

Much, much better from Haring and Smith.

Great win and thoroughly deserved.

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I thought they were okay second half. Plenty teams will go there and not win this season

Yep. They've already beaten Rangers and St J (away) so it puts today's result in even better context.

They'll do ok this season. Have to fancy their chances for top 6 at the minute.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The smell from the distillery is wafting in the window, what a beautiful day. 

In lochend 😉

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

On another note, D Utd look very shite which is pleasing. St Mirren gave us a much tougher game.

Ffs can you not just give Robbie and the team some credit without rubbishing the opposition 😱😜

Betting question from today. Boycie’s penalty - does that go down as a penalty scored or missed (seen as it was a save then goal?). 

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Only negatives today was Robbies Barnet !!! Needs shorn . The long hair look is outdated especially when going bald 👩‍🦲 😂

Watch it or I'll get big Pete Haring on you.

In Robbies defense he wouldn't look nearly as balding if he didn't use so much ****ing pomade slicking it back.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Spot on, I was surprised at how skilful and quick he is. 
Many managers have tried to get it out of him, well done Alexander if he’s done so. 

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Betting question from today. Boycie’s penalty - does that go down as a penalty scored or missed (seen as it was a save then goal?). 

It’s a penalty miss. 

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just ask Der Hun..!!

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Watch it or I'll get big Pete Haring on you.

In Robbies defense he wouldn't look nearly as balding if he didn't use so much ****ing pomade slicking it back.

Harimg is younger . He can get away it ! Yes too much gel too lol 

Malinga the Swinga

Got away! He was dreadful when at Hearts, totally uninterested and unwilling to do any work.

He's now at yet another club, where he will frustrate and please in equal measure, but he's never good enough for us.

portobellojambo1

While it ended up being a very good three points I was a wee bit frustrated at times. I do think we overplay the cross field passing in the defensive area at times as we aren't actually movin forward or creating an end out ball as a result.

However, we did create a few good chances in the first half and if Haring had managed to redirect his header on target from the ball in from John Souttar it may have given us an earlieir goal and something to then settle down from and look for a second before half time. They came a bit more into the game 2nd half as we didn't really look to kill it off, but failed to score and we eventually wrapped it up late on. They did play similar to us when we stand off teams, and seem to show a bit of a lack of confidence in going at opposition teams. But in the end it was another three very welcome points, and hopefully we can build on this game in the next few, get similar results and build from the confidence which is created by winning football games.

wattie exploited

he done nothing when he was at hearts no great lose mate :rifle:

I often think some fans would be happy if we lost but played really well, get a grip, we won, and we're unbeaten! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

While it ended up being a very good three points I was a wee bit frustrated at times. I do think we overplay the cross field passing in the defensive area at times as we aren't actually movin forward or creating an end out ball as a result.

However, we did create a few good chances in the first half and if Haring had managed to redirect his header on target from the ball in from John Souttar it may have given us an earlieir goal and something to then settle down from and look for a second before half time. They came a bit more into the game 2nd half as we didn't really look to kill it off, but failed to score and we eventually wrapped it up late on. They did play similar to us when we stand off teams, and seem to show a bit of a lack of confidence in going at opposition teams. But in the end it was another three very welcome points, and hopefully we can build on this game in the next few, get similar results and build from the confidence which is created by winning football games.

I get you with your first para but I think we are getting much better at getting that back line higher up the pitch more quickly than we did last season. The passing between the 3 is generally slicker and we appear to be opening up more forward options for passes.

It’s still a work in progress but I think with better players in the team overall the cogs are all starting to line up better.

LarrysRightFoot

We have been awful on the road for so long. Such a difference to get 2 good away wins so far - games we should be winning but normally don’t. 

mickycameron98

I thought we dominated today against a hard working opposition.

They did have a good 15 minute period in the 2nd half but I found most of Gordon's saves to be expected of.

Great result all round and credit to the boys! 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I couldn’t see a single thing to complain about today. A very comfortable away win against a team who have started the season in fairly good shape. Okay they had a wee spell but a few fairly routine saves for CG was the height of their threat. Mild concerns about chance taking (2 sitters missed again today)Mild concerns about depth of squad. Mild concerns about shape when defending . Otherwise a very good days work by all concerned. Best 90 minute performance of the season so far by a distance.

We'll create more chances. Once everyone is settled in.

Then we'll score more goals. 

12 minutes ago, dustybin said:

I often think some fans would be happy if we lost but played really well, get a grip, we won, and we're unbeaten! 

The most sensible post this week. Enjoy your Saturday evening. A Hearts win always makes a Saturday night! 

Great win today andcthis team should get better We are never going to get it all our own way away from home but overall we deserved the 3 points

Haring Halliday Halkett Souttar Cochrane Smith and Gordon were great Beni didn't have his best game so that means he was only very good How did we manage to get him

Excellent 3 points. As others have said, we have been horrendous on the road for years so to turn up and dominate the game for 70 mins and pick up a semi comfortable 2-0 victory is very pleasing. If we are being realistic, we are never going to dominate an away fixture for 90 mins without the other team having a ‘spell’ let’s not forgot, Dundee United have did well recently with wins over rangers and st Johnstone so I think we have to give ourselves credit for making them look as poor as they did today. 

Still things to improve on like breaking teams down who sit deep and also being a bit sharper in the final third in terms of one and two touch. I also think Gino needs to play! We are a team of good football players with everyone comfortable on the ball and we look nice and we can keep it but we always seem to lack something in the final third. Gino just gives us something different… pace, movement in behind, forward runs, gets us up the park, can run with the ball, can go by a man, he can just make something happen. Hopefully Woodburn can also be some of these things and GMS can, but maybe just lacks a yard of pace. Gino is a must starter for me. 

What a start to the season though, would have bit your hand off at the start of the season to have the start we have had! Everything seems to be clicking and we have the feel good factor back! Bring on the hibees! 🇱🇻 

On 27/08/2021 at 09:36, GinRummy said:

Tough game 1-2 Boyce and Gnando

Nearly

1 hour ago, dustybin said:

No Hearts fan would be happy if we lost - none!!