• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

FUNNIEST comment from United TV - if it wasnt for Gordon, Hearts would have had a drubbing!

YES, he did say that.

Well played Hearts. Was screaming at Gnando to up his pace - and then he scored. HA.

The team put in the effort and deserved to win. Thought United were poor - but maybe we made them look poor.

United tactics were rubbish.

I was the same, moaning at Gnando for doing nothing and just like the thing he scores, shame it wasn't 15 minutes earlier to take the pressure off. Feel we allow teams to get the better of us and we are too predictable. Halkett to Henderson to Halliday back to Henderson to Halkett to Soapy. need the mid field to step up and make space for the forward pass.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's all take a moment to laugh at Scotland thinking there are better centre halves than John Souttar who are Scottish!

:rofl:

Can't join in Geoff or I'll waken the wife but I'm giggling.

On 27/08/2021 at 12:18, i8hibsh said:

Dundee United 1 Hearts 0

I'm upbeat, feeling good about all things HMFC so that is usually when it comes crashing down.

We are also stinking away from Edinburgh.

Hahaha ... 😉

What a difference having a real keeper makes. We don’t win that game with any of the clowns we’ve had in goal the last few seasons. 

Happy with the 3 points, some excellent saves by Gordon kept them at bay.

Good performance 1st half, usual nail biting 2nd half, but onwards and upwards. At least we have the break to bring in more recruits, and work on improving things. 

Soutar and Gordon make a huge difference from last season. Played decent football but some of the decision making and/or final ball is awful at times.

Nielson doing what Nielson does.

Kidd’s Boots

Confidence is building game by game, patient when needed,  because this was a well disciplined Dun Utd team. Woodburn looked real quality but will take a few games to adjust to the pace, Moore is a player without a doubt. Impact off the bench with Gino and Armand… a very happy Saturday!

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The back three were outstanding today. 

Yep. Untroubled.

Just now, Kidd’s Boots said:

Confidence is building game by game, patient when needed,  because this was a well disciplined Dun Utd team. Woodburn looked real quality but will take a few games to adjust to the pace, Moore is a player without a doubt. Impact off the bench with Gino and Armand… a very happy Saturday!

Good subs today by RN.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, GinRummy said:

The back three were outstanding today. 

And in the limited action Moore kept good positioning and looked poised on the ball. One-timed a clearance straight up the sideline, kept in-bounds and forced United to track to re-collect when they were trying to pile forward. Small thing but noticeable.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dunno about you. But I like my Hearts strikers running about like headless chickens every week, & not scoring goals.👍🏻

Not really, no. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

A lot of good play in that game from us. United were always going to have a period of pressure.

can see some nice patterns of play now coming from the 3-4-3, and back 3 starting to play with confidence a bit higher up (when in possession- we got hit over the top a few times though so need to be careful).

2 away wins out of 2. Can’t complain with that.

Huge derby coming up. Hope Woodburn is ok.

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Dominated first half without creating loads of chances. Overall good performance.

Gordon, Souttar and Baningime stood out.

Feel that Haring is edging back to his pre injury performance levels. Should have scored his header in the first half.

Should have scored a brace tbf

Edited by TypoonJambo
Ah cannae spell

11 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Boyce had a shocker. 

Smith and Haring best games of the season. 

Beni looked knackered by the 70 minutes. 

Not sure if call it a shocker from Boyce but bang on with rest of your comment. I slated haring last week but credit where it's due. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A lot of good play in that game from us. United were always going to have a period of pressure.

can see some nice patterns of play now coming from the 3-4-3, and back 3 starting to play with confidence a bit higher up (when in possession- we got hit over the top a few times though so need to be careful).

2 away wins out of 2. Can’t complain with that.

Huge derby coming up. Hope Woodburn is ok.

Robbie just said Woodburn's fine.  Just not had a lot of game time recently.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

An absolutely massive, massive 3 points for the club. Great win and superb support. 

Agreed. I eschewed travelling through, but hats off to our support. They came across brilliantly on the telly ... and maybe made all the difference.

maroonedinbriz
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Yep. Untroubled.

Only 'saw' the game through JKB. CG had to make 3 or 4 great saves to keep the lead. Y or N

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can't join in Geoff or I'll waken the wife but I'm giggling.

Scunnered about it. That O'Donnell must have photos.

Sitting on the supporters bus heading back down the road with a big smile on my face. Away performances like that have been rare over the years. We played some great stuff and dominated the game. Smith, Haring, Souttar…. In fact everyone of them played confidently and well. Good having a strong looking bench too. New guys looked decent and the travelling support was magnificent. Bring on the hobos! 

Absolute Scenes

happy with result and 3 points

not happy with some individual players dragging others down. Final third has to improve, that means Smith either learns to cross in these two weeks or he’s dropped. Haring played okay, was absolutely raging at his two misses, could have cost us. Boyce did what he needed to but was too slow.

beni was outstanding as usual. Made Fuchs look pukes. Nando’s and Ginnelly the difference.

amazing start to the season points wise, really need everything to gel for the derby as I feel we are a couple of sparks off fully clicking. Looking forward to it

Toronto Jambo

Good performance. We need to learn to see through games as without Gordon, they could have equalized. Would have liked to see us to continue attacking rather than go deep. Trying to play it safe is, ironically, not safe for us!

Ginnelly had a great chance at the end where he decided to slow things down rather than go for the extra goal.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, maroonedinbriz said:

Only 'saw' the game through JKB. CG had to make 3 or 4 great saves to keep the lead. Y or N

Not great but good. Had to make them, most importantly. Poppadom hands would have conceded all of them.

Jack Torrance

Looked a very composed performance. We didn't look like losing that. It's an easy game if you can keep the ball and at times, the Arabs couldn't get near it.

Hope Woody's OK. Another decent attacker will do nicely. 

You can see existing players' games improving with the lift they've had from decent players coming in. Confidence is so important to build. A very pleasing start to the season.

:robboyas:

Watt-Zeefuik

Small things in the last few minutes -- Souttar whiffed on a tackle and Gnanduillet covered the run, tracking back almost all the way to our penalty box. Smith came in and lifted the ball off of him, beat two defenders with a couple of nice touches, and carried the ball forward to get it to Gino who won a throw-in.

That throw-in lead to the second goal. Gino drew the defenders and then found Gnando stepping up to the top of the box just in time.

Lovely run of football by Hearts.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, maroonedinbriz said:

Not really.  Nothing world class,definitely nout that would have troubled the average keeper. Therefore,for Craig,a bit like picking up balls at training. 

Under the floodlight
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They were funny. 

They did do more and had a good 10 minutes. But Hearts still in control. 

I think they were watching another game, all the referee d.n.a sh*** did my head in.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Agreed. I eschewed travelling through, but hats off to our support. They came across brilliantly on the telly ... and maybe made all the difference.

It was quality next away game, 18th September maroon & white  invasion of Dingwall after we cut the tramps wings and stick them back in their box 👍

Guest ToqueJambo

Cracking win. Played some excellent football. Unfortunately a lot of our best chances inside and outside the box fell to the likes of Haring and Souttar. We should look at replacing Haring with Devlin or McEneff in some games to add a bit more scoring threat. Haring did boss the midfield with Beni for most of the 90 mins though.

Fantastic start to the season though, considering the teams we've played. Hibs on the other hand have played no-one yet.

So much on top the first half but ended up pushed back in the 2nd. Gordon had a few saves but none that difficult although I love how he always makes sure he pushes the ball wide. Woodburn looked good and hopefully it was just cramp when he went off. Agree with others about Cochrane, a really solid player

4 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Routine saves, not great.

BackOfTheNet

Was a very assured performance first half, Dundee United to be fair started well in the second and never really let up. Was starting to think the inevitable was going to happen, which after the first half would’ve been a kick in the teeth.

Game could've been vastly different in two different ways. 1. If it weren’t for Gordon in goals, we almost certainly would’ve have dropped points and maybe not even got one. And 2. If we could cross a damn ball. Thought when Ginnelly came on he would be better but also just as wasteful (until the short lay off for the 2nd). If we had players with the ability to cross more effectively that game could’ve been a hell of a lot more comfortable. (Special mention to Souttar who had a brilliant cross that Haring should’ve scored a header with, but we should’ve be relying on our centre back)

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Neilson’s first priority when he selects a team and formation and tactics for an away game (and some home games)is ‘avoid defeat’ That is never going to change the whole time he is here. We’ve got loads of more attacking options we could employ today to take the game to them, but he won’t consider them. 8 defensively minded positions, 3 attackers. It’s what he does

To be fair it's worked. 1st half possession 70%.

Good day for Robbie, and I hate him. Well done though 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Toronto Jambo said:

Good performance. We need to learn to see through games as without Gordon, they could have equalized. Would have liked to see us to continue attacking rather than go deep. Trying to play it safe is, ironically, not safe for us!

Ginnelly had a great chance at the end where he decided to slow things down rather than go for the extra goal.

Seriously? What did Craig have to do that any keeper at that level wouldn't have been expected to do? Today was a walk in the park for him. 

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's all take a moment to laugh at Scotland thinking there are better centre halves than John Souttar who are Scottish!

:rofl:

Certainly outstanding today especially in the first half. Not convinced about GMS and Nanduillete and think McEneff would add energy to the mid field.

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Marczero said:

Pleased for gnado ,poor in 2nd half 

Need to up our game for the wee team.

Why? They've played no-one and couldn't even beat Dundee. Three shots on target today against a very poor Livingston.

best in the land
23 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He's not been playing or training because a family issue so for me I'm giving him a break and hoping he'll come good 

That's an excuse for today but can't be used for previous games where he has generally been poor 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Small things in the last few minutes -- Souttar whiffed on a tackle and Gnanduillet covered the run, tracking back almost all the way to our penalty box. Smith came in and lifted the ball off of him, beat two defenders with a couple of nice touches, and carried the ball forward to get it to Gino who won a throw-in.

That throw-in lead to the second goal. Gino drew the defenders and then found Gnando stepping up to the top of the box just in time.

Lovely run of football by Hearts.

Noticed that too, great all round play by Gnanduillet

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I suspect this thread will be fairly quiet tonight, as we had an excellent away win today. Well done the Jambos !!

:symf: