***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

23 minutes ago, livi said:

Welcome back Peter Haring. Great game today. 

Agreed we really need to give him a good run of starts. Good result today, when everyone is fit we have a decent team and looking like we believed we were better today. 👍

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

How on earth is there an argument about whether it's a red? 

Bongers!!!

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm allowed my opinion, or am I Hitler? 

Aye cos that's what I said right enough 🤦

Sick to death of you turning every thread into a scrap.

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Specsavers would help a lot.

Watch it a few times and try and work out he "stepped in front" of the player.

So, it's either myopia or lack of understanding of the English language.

3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Biased, do you mean? Well, I am a Hearts' supporter and proud of it and so would never claim to be "neutral" when it comes to such matters, but I certainly do think that it would've been an extremely soft award if the ref had sent-off Haring at the end.

Of course I'd be shouting for an ersecheek player to be sent-off in the same situation and I'd hope that every Hearts' fan would be doing the same! :icon14:

Anyway, well done to Robbie and all of the guys who played today.   :jambobanana: :HeartsManspotrun: :flag1:

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

You are allowed to step in front of players.  It's called blocking, you are not allowed to elbow players in the face. Why are doing this again, always drama with you.

I'm given my opinion, why the hate and abuse i think it's a soft sending off, you aren't going to change my opinion 😂😂 well done Hearts as I said in a previous post. 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes im aware of what happened I watched it. Did you? Wether he went to block him off or not the boy and ill dumb this down for you.

Raised his arm 

Directed it to Haring

Kashed it out at Haring

Got a red card

His manager then had zero complaints to the ref or 4th official and blatantly ignored the player whod been sent off

... and Goodwin was no stranger to a bit of rough and tumble in his playing days either.

That's probably as good a sign that you'll get that the ref called it correctly.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Fair summation by Goodwin on the radio and no dispute re sending off

What how dare he have no argument weve been getting told on here its no a red and its soft as shit

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Any cap will benefit his work permit, it's amazing giving it large on the Internet 😂😂 grow up mate 

Irony meter bongo…go find one, im not the fud starting arguments in an empty room with my own shadow. Also if i was face to face id happily tell ya the same thing so wind yer neck in yer like a greeting faced toddler. Saying shite like that just makes ya sound like the kind of fud who wants a pagger in the Wheatfield its pretty sad tbf 👍🏻

Any cap at Olympic level does not help and fortunately it doesnt because he played a small amount of minutes so it would actually decrease his number of minutes whilst available. Its really not difficult , if only ya werent obstinate eh 🥴

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Aye cos that's what I said right enough 🤦

Sick to death of you turning every thread into a scrap.

No I'm allowed to have an opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm allowed my opinion, or am I Hitler? 

Hitler was allowed an opinion??

I'm not a qualified historian, but I seem to remember he had quite a strong opinion across a range of subjects.

Guest ToqueJambo

Well that's the Hearts and St Mirren "rivalry" put to bed. Those weirdos will have to find another team to obsess over and have a pretendy, one-sided rivalry with.

Edited by ToqueJambo

colinmaroon
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm given my opinion, why the hate and abuse i think it's a soft sending off, you aren't going to change my opinion 😂😂 well done Hearts as I said in a previous post. 

Hate and abuse from me?  How very WOKE!

Add psychotherapist to the recommendations.

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He ran past and stuck his elbow in the air when he was approaching Haring. Unless he was protecting his head from a low flying ufo it’s a red all day. 

Agreed mate. He’s my brother and was just winding him up 👍

Edited by Valois No1
Spelling

Auld Reekin'

Don't hate you, didn't abuse you, just think you're wrong. 

image.jpeg.00a6f1e09fd23138297d7acf2df0d53b.jpeg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Last week the match thread got locked.

The shite above will make it 2 out of 2 as well.

Just now, Valois No1 said:

Agreed mate. He’s my brother and was just winding him up 👍

Yeah, I saw your other post. Excuse my intolerance. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sakes man, not again! :(

You injure your back posting on the tory lies thread?

Just thought you might've toddled along to the game with it being sort of local. I'm in quarantine in Amsterdam.

Hope you're on the mend soon, bud. 👍

I can only surmise he's incurred his injury supporting the totally inept and lamentable politicians in the party/cult he favours.i😉

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Don't hate you, didn't abuse you, just think you're wrong. 

image.jpeg.00a6f1e09fd23138297d7acf2df0d53b.jpeg

Clearly need to get off my jock. 

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes did i quote you or? 

Add a good dictionary to your therapy sessions.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Has to be a major question marks against anyone claiming to be a Hearts fan who is this unhappy and fighty after a Hearts win, let alone one that takes us top of the league and continues a long unbeaten run.

Most of the hardcore pre-season pantwetters and Neilson outers seem to have abandoned ship already, or are just biding their time until the first defeat, but a couple still seem determined to keep this shit going.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Watt-Zeefuik
18 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I thought Haring did step in front of the Midden player - but that did not warrant the elbow to the face. Defo RED.

Laurie and Rob mentioned that this is the bog standard opening kickoff procedure for Hearts. The center forward plays it back to the midfielder, who plays it back to the defender then goes to block the opposing team. It might flirt with obstruction but it's not like Haring was doing something unusual.

The Mirren player just went off his head Joey Barton style.

Mental. We win 2-1 away from home to go top of the league (for at least 24 hours) and still there's a punch up and name calling on the match day thread. It's why I love kickback 😂

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Happy at us being top of the league then?

Delighted very good start first 20 mins we were outstanding, bit shaky towards the end of first half toque, but with Gordon in goals he will always give us an edge, second half St Mirren came into game got second goal from Boyce, need to keep him fit as he will be massive for us this season, sort of hanging on at the end but can't complain. 

Three points top of the league happy days 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's what we're after, a bit of consistencey 😄

9 minutes ago, db211833 said:

What was the gist? 

Pretty magnanimous in defeat. When asked about the red card he followed the party line.I didn't see it. Speaks volumes. 

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Mental. We win 2-1 away from home to go top of the league (for at least 24 hours) and still there's a punch up and name calling on the match day thread. It's why I love kickback

Win the first five and it'll be utter carnage in here. 😄

Watt-Zeefuik

Also apropos of nothing a bit of a letup in the pandemic and the weans getting a bit older means I can watch Hearts TV again. Imagine my surprise when alongside Laurie's familiar voice, in come the dulcet tones of the good Robert Borthwick. I had to wait until halftime when he identified himself to be sure it was actually him as I had no idea he was doing color now.

Though I suppose we won't get to hear him say "thunderf---ed it over the bar" as he used to with Nicol back in the day.

Edited by Ugly American

Guest ToqueJambo

Delighted very good start first 20 mins we were outstanding, bit shaky towards the end of first half toque, but with Gordon in goals he will always give us and edge, second half St Mirren came into game got second goal from Boyce, need to keep him fit as he will he massive for us this season, sort of hanging on at the end but can't complain. 

Three points top of the league happy days 👍

Just checking

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How do you think the midfield shaped up today Bongo?

Going to come out with it now Halkett was my man of the match, midfield was good would like to see them being more forward thinking at times, and really think we could benefit playing a 433 with Beni and Haring, with Mceneff just playing in front, got away with the bookings but at least they are showing a willingness to fight for everything, not the best performance, and we certainly can player better, but thats a great result, considering we haven't won there in God knows how long. 

Jambo_jim2001

Thats the 2nd match ive missed and we win,yessss,gonna try and miss the rest of this season and tune in at the end for results,,'mon the jambos

Rick Sanchez

Going to come out with it now Halkett was my man of the match, midfield was good would like to see them being more forward thinking at times, and really think we could benefit playing a 433 with Beni and Haring, with Mceneff just playing in front, got away with the bookings but at least they are showing a willingness to fight for everything, not the best performance, and we certainly can player better, but thats a great result, considering we haven't won there in God knows how long. 

Halkett was class.

He suits the 3, he just likes clearing anything that comes his way. 

Agree, Halkett was very good. Boyce motm for me though. Do you think Haring and Beni are the central midfield pairing going forward, assuming we stick with a similar formation.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Win the first five and it'll be utter carnage in here. 😄

Win the first five and I'll stand@Smith's right boot to a fifty euro gam down the Ruysdaelskade.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m going to get pished tonight I think 🥳🕺

7518E6FA-160E-4805-A130-6EC2E8530071.png

Delta variant is surging, halt the season now and award trophies.

14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Add a good dictionary to your therapy sessions.

Okay coco 😂😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

Two excellent results and a whole lot to be positive about.

Thought we played some great stuff and our defence was mostly solid.

J.T.F.Robertson

Putting all this "aggro" aside I thought we were excellent the first 25 minutes or so. Not sure if it was something Goodwin did to change things but if it was I'd much prefer if we were able to do similar.

A win's a win. (that's copyrighted, btw)