Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Nah, read it again. It’s a separate thing tagged on to the end of the statement.

Hope I’m wrong here but looks like 50% capacity for sheep.

It specifically mentions tickets for the Aberdeen game. 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

5 minutes ago, GYL said:

Happy to pay£36 for 12th September 😇

This will be the next rage on here once we announce walk up prices!

PhoenixHearts

Hmm I believe my season ticket is located in the "red zone" in the lower part of section Q.

I'll no doubt be moved elsewhere but in my opinion if there are any empty seats further up Q, I should be prioritised there rather than being moved into a different stand.

I can predict they'll probably stick me in another Silver location in Gorgie for example and say they can't bump me up further up Q because that's Gold tier, but by being one of the relatively few people in the expanded bench zone I'm technically being inconvenienced by not being allowed my own seat when most others will be. Shouldnt the tier system should be waived if we're being inconvenienced in such a way?

I'll make sure to let you know when they move me to row 1 behind the Roseburn goal...

In all honesty I'll just be happy to be back again. Just hope I get to keep a side on view of the pitch 🤞

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It specifically mentions tickets for the Aberdeen game. 

I read that for people having to move, Dave. 
Sorry, reads to me ST holders only.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Hmm I believe my season ticket is located in the "red zone" in the lower part of section Q.

I'll no doubt be moved elsewhere but in my opinion if there are any empty seats further up Q, I should be prioritised there rather than being moved into a different stand.

I can predict they'll probably stick me in another Silver location in Gorgie for example and say they can't bump me up further up Q because that's Gold tier, but by being one of the relatively few people in the expanded bench zone I'm technically being inconvenienced by not being allowed my own seat when most others will be. Shouldnt the tier system should be waived if we're being inconvenienced in such a way?

I'll make sure to let you know when they move me to row 1 behind the Roseburn goal...

In all honesty I'll just be happy to be back again. Just hope I get to keep a side on view of the pitch 🤞

I'm sure they will be pretty accommodating if you aren’t happy with your seat . Never known them not to be. I’m Q as well so may be affected

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

I read that for people having to move, Dave. 
Sorry, reads to me ST holders only.

Not to me but we’ll find out soon enough. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not to me but we’ll find out soon enough. 

Why would they open with that first paragraph about, ST holders, Dave ?

We will find out soon enough.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I'm sure they will be pretty accommodating if you aren’t happy with your seat . Never known them not to be. I’m Q as well so may be affected

Yeah I think the lower section of Q beneath the concourse is where the Subs have been sitting socially distanced? I may be wrong though. I'm just across the stairs from where all the non-matchday reserves would usually sit.

Might head down to the ticket office tomorrow and take the initiative of possibly moving seats myself so I'm not just put in some random spot in another stand.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Yeah I think the lower section of Q beneath the concourse is where the Subs have been sitting socially distanced? I may be wrong though. I'm just across the stairs from where all the non-matchday reserves would usually sit.

Might head down to the ticket office tomorrow and take the initiative of possibly moving seats myself so I'm not just put in some random spot in another stand.

thing is I’m not wanting to lose my seat so if you don’t want to either I’d maybe not move it ? Just speak to them when they relocate you , that’s what I will do.  When it’s back to real normal I don’t want to lose my seat as it’s a great one

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Because Season Ticket holders are the key customers and the most disadvantaged by restrictions. It’s important to confirm that they are guaranteed a seat. The rest can wait a few days. 😎

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Because Season Ticket holders are the key customers and the most disadvantaged by restrictions. It’s important to confirm that they are guaranteed a seat. The rest can wait a few days. 😎

Optimistic, Dave ! And they are sure of a seat anyway.

I’m calling it STs only.

Edited by Boab

upgotheheads

So what happens with tv coverage for S/T holders now that we're allowed back in?

I've got quite used to sitting at home in Ayr to watch games, especially as I'm getting on a bit. I'll still attend weekend fixtures  but midweek games are a hassle, with an 8 hour round trip when you factor in the game itself. 

Edited by upgotheheads

davemclaren
Just now, upgotheheads said:

So what happens with tv coverage for S/T holders now that we're allowed back in?

I've got quite used to sitting at home to watch games in Ayr, especially as I'm getting on a bit. I'll still attend weekend fixtures  but midweek games are a hassle with, an 8 hour round trip when you factor in the game itself. 

Given the clubs previous announcements that will go. 

Category A: Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian and Rangers

Platinum Gold Silver Bronze
Adult £38 £34 £33 £32
O65/Student £32 £25 £23 £22
U18 £25 £20 £20 £20
U16 £18 £15 £15

£15

U13 £17 £14 £14

£14

Category B: Ross County, Hamilton Academical, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone.

Adult £34 £29 £23 £21
O65/Student £25 £21 £18 £16
U18 £20 £15 £15 £15
U16 £15 £8 £8 £8
U13 £12 £5 £5 £5
34 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It certainly shouldn't be the same price as rangers, celtic and hibs and probably £28 max would be about right price wise. 

2018/19 prices and classed Aberdeen as category A

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I've got quite used to sitting at home in Ayr to watch games, especially as I'm getting on a bit. I'll still attend weekend fixtures  but midweek games are a hassle, with an 8 hour round trip when you factor in the game itself. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

"Supporters who have purchased a Hearts Pass are encouraged to contact the Hearts Ticket Office from tomorrow (Tuesday) onwards in order to purchase their seat for the season."

This bit confuses me, what's the connection between the Hearts Pass and season ticket TV coverage?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Category A: Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian and Rangers

Adult £38 £34 £33 £32
O65/Student £32 £25 £23 £22
U18 £25 £20 £20 £20
U16 £18 £15 £15

£15

U13 £17 £14 £14

£14

Category B: Ross County, Hamilton Academical, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone.

Adult £34 £29 £23 £21
O65/Student £25 £21 £18 £16
U18 £20 £15 £15 £15
U16 £15 £8 £8 £8
U13 £12 £5 £5 £5

2018/19 prices and classed Aberdeen as category A

Feels good to get back to a normal argument over season ticket prices. 

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think it is sort of open to interpretation and maybe could have been worded slightly better. I tink it means that all those who have already purchased a ST will definitely be allowed into the ground for the Aberdeen game, as will those who had taken the £25 option and now wish to proceed with finalising purchase of a ST. The part relating to tickets could mean one of two things, i.e. they will be allocating tickets to those who presently sit within what is being termed the "red zone" or they may intend to sell some ticketsto those who will be paying on a walk up basis. Things should become clearer in the near future.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

"Supporters who have purchased a Hearts Pass are encouraged to contact the Hearts Ticket Office from tomorrow (Tuesday) onwards in order to purchase their seat for the season."

This bit confuses me, what's the connection between the Hearts Pass and season ticket TV coverage?

The Hearts Pass was the £25 option to secure your seat. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Hubz only having 12k for their upcoming matches because they're still doing ... err ... "improvement works" to some of the stands.

I wonder what that could be? Any ideas 😄

It’s a strange one considering they’ve had 18 months to do this work 😆
Maybe a job centre or a needle exchange 🤔

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'm not so sure Dave. I think they may make allowances for those who aren't comfortable returning yet, for example those with underlying health conditions. 

Time will tell. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I'm not so sure Dave. I think they may make allowances for those who aren't comfortable returning yet, for example those with underlying health conditions. 

Time will tell. 

I think it will be up to the rights owners ( mainly Sky ) but that would make sense. 

26 minutes ago, Boab said:

They state that all ST holders are guaranteed entry, because that's all they can promise.  They can't guarantee that anyone without a ST will be allowed in, as the demand for walk ups could exceed capacity (unlikely scenario I admit).

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it will be up to the rights owners ( mainly Sky ) but that would make sense. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2021/04/spfl-and-sky-sports-announce-major-new-initiative-for-scottish-football-fans/%3famp

SPFL Premiership clubs will be able to broadcast all 228 matches to season ticket holders after a major new deal was struck between the league and broadcaster Sky Sports for next season.

As was the case this season, all SPFL clubs will be allowed to make available ‘season passes’ of their home matches, to season ticket holders, through online club channels. In addition, all clubs will be allowed to sell any home game not broadcast live by Sky, on a pay-per-view basis next season.

SPFL_800x450.jpg

With discussions still ongoing between football authorities and the Scottish Government to allow supporters to attend matches in person, the new deal for season 2021/22 season gives certainty to fans and clubs alike on the ability to watch games live on TV.

Edited by Newton51

Saint Jambo
28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Optimistic, Dave ! And they are sure of a seat anyway.

I’m calling it STs only.

The wording of the statement is a little odd, but they've simplified it on twitter.

"The club has been in positive discussions with Edinburgh Council and Tynecastle can be opened to its capacity."

That seems very clear.

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Hubz only having 12k for their upcoming matches because they're still doing ... err ... "improvement works" to some of the stands.

I wonder what that could be? Any ideas 😄

Large screens is one of them

upgotheheads
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I hope so. It's difficult to see why Sky would object in the current circumstances, especially as we could be back into lockdown if a new variant were to appear (god forbid).

As a model for the future, especially where older supporters are concerned who would like to attend games but aren't  physically up to it, maybe a TV package could be negotiated that didn't give you a seat but allowed you to watch the game, with Sky getting a cut no doubt, they need the money after all. 

Edited by upgotheheads

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The wording of the statement is a little odd, but they've simplified it on twitter.

"The club has been in positive discussions with Edinburgh Council and Tynecastle can be opened to its capacity."

That seems very clear.

Correct, and the only assurance they can give is that this means all ST holders will be able to attend.  Most likely anyone without a ST will also be able to obtain a ticket for the match, as Aberdeen will presumably get their usual two sections of the Roseburn, but Hearts can't give assurances that anyone without a ST will definitely get a ticket.  

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I hope so. It's difficult to see why Sky would object in the current circumstances, especially as we could be back into lockdown if a new variant were to appear (god forbid).

As a model for the future, especially where older supporters are concerned who would like to attend games but aren't  physically up to it, maybe a TV package could be negotiated that didn't give you a seat but allowed you to watch the game, with Sky getting a cut no doubt, they need the money after all. 

Already been agreed!

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

20 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That seems very clear.

Yup they way it reads (to me anyway) is all ST holders (including those with the Hearts Pass option) will get to go. Once "pass" people have secured their seats and those needing moved from the red zone are moved, it'll open to general sale.

Happy days, missed the Celtic game and the atmosphere on tv induced goosebumps. Will be so much better with a (near) full Tynie 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 expect tears of joy 😃😃

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Don't take my word for it but if you are 'moved' due to red zone, I think you will get a new card, or a game by game paper ticket, and your Smart Card de-activated until your seat is available again.

Cheers (but with a hint of oh gawd it'll be just my luck....) 

10 minutes ago, john thomas said:

So even if you have a ST you can still watch game on Hearts TV ?

Couldn't this be open to abuse ?

You could be away somewhere and watch the game on TV while your mate goes to the game with your ticket ?

Asking for a mate

Up to the club but they are allowed to do this and sell pay per view per game

from the q&a

We very much hope that a number of supporters will be able to return to stadiums for the start of the season. As we get more information from the Scottish Government and Football Authorities, we will share this through Club channels. The Club will continue to make all league home games available to Season Ticket Holders through the Season Ticket Streaming Platform.

Hungry hippo
11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

So even if you have a ST you can still watch game on Hearts TV ?

Couldn't this be open to abuse ?

You could be away somewhere and watch the game on TV while your mate goes to the game with your ticket ?

Asking for a mate

I agree with you. I can't see how the Hearts TV passes will remain valid for games without reduced capacity.

millerjames398

Happy, happy days, this is the news we needed to hear, I'll be right on the blower, the moment i hear public sale advertised for the sheep game, goin to be an emotional wreck, when i walk up those steps in whatever stand i can get in😆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Does anyone know what the deal

is with Hospitality? 
Is it back open and available? 

I want to take my auld man to the Aberdeen game but not much info on the website regarding hospitality. 

also .....can anyone recommend a certain package etc? 

41 minutes ago, RobNox said:

They state that all ST holders are guaranteed entry, because that's all they can promise.  They can't guarantee that anyone without a ST will be allowed in, as the demand for walk ups could exceed capacity (unlikely scenario I admit).

Our home games are all ticket. 
Sorry, your post doesn’t make sense. 
They can only sell tickets to the capacity of the stadium.

There is nothing in the statement about the capacity for the Aberdeen game.

Sorry, guys, I think you’re all being a bit generous here. The statement says the club will welcome back all season ticket holders…nothing else..just an ambiguous mention of “ going forward “ to capacity.

Am I the only sceptical one on this board ?

3 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Need to find my season ticket now 🤔

I heard new cards are being sent out this week, don't shoot me if that doesn't happen though.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, guys, I think you’re all being a bit generous here. The statement says the club will welcome back all season ticket holders…nothing else..just an ambiguous mention of “ going forward “ to capacity.

Further details regarding tickets for the Aberdeen game and a general sale for Season Tickets will be made in due course.”

guess it’s a case of waiting for confirmation of details of walk up sale info.  I think Hearts will need to know how many STs they will sell before they can sell any walk up tickets as they won’t know how many that will be at this time 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

is with Hospitality? 

I want to take my auld man to the Aberdeen game but not much info on the website regarding hospitality. 

Don’t now if it will be too early for this. They did it for a recent game but didn’t include match ticket. All depends what you are looking for. They are some options with cash bars (strongbow lounge) or inclusive drink with a meal if paying a bit more (skyline, Gorgie suite, European lounge)

Hungry hippo

The Hearts Instagram posts seems to confirm its full (with the caveat of the red zone) capacity for the Aberdeen game to me.

20210809_203715.jpg

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not at all 😜
Looks like people who paid £25 for the Hearts pass will be given the chance to buy their ST. New sales of ST in other seats will go on sale, then a public sale of tickets from next week sometime after we know for sure what day the game is. 

24 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

is with Hospitality? 

Go for the full monty in the Gorgie Suite - always a good day out.

19 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I heard new cards are being sent out this week, don't shoot me if that doesn't happen though.

Received new season card today, wasn't expecting one but it has over 65 on it.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not at all 😜
Looks like people who paid £25 for the Hearts pass will be given the chance to buy their ST. New sales of ST in other seats will go on sale, then a public sale of tickets from next week sometime after we know for sure what day the game is. 

Fancy a job writing statements for the club, mate ?

A lot clearer than the official statement on the main page. 
😂

29 minutes ago, Boab said:

The statement says we will be open to capacity.  The club can only welcome back ST holders, because the only fans who are guaranteed a seat are ST holders, that's always been the case.

By 'walk ups' I meant fans who don't have a ST and who purchase match tickets on a game by game basis.  Depending on the number of STs that we've sold, and the demand for a particular game, there's no guarantee that everyone who hasn't got a ST and wants to attend will be able to obtain a ticket.  I'd be surprised if that turned out to be the case against Aberdeen, but there's no guarantee.

5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The statement says we will be open to capacity.  The club can only welcome back ST holders, because the only fans who are guaranteed a seat are ST holders, that's always been the case.

By 'walk ups' I meant fans who don't have a ST and who purchase match tickets on a game by game basis.  Depending on the number of STs that we've sold, and the demand for a particular game, there's no guarantee that everyone who hasn't got a ST and wants to attend will be able to obtain a ticket.  I'd be surprised if that turned out to be the case against Aberdeen, but there's no guarantee.

I get that, mate, I’m maybe reading the official statement in another interpretation. No worries. As said, it will become clearer how many seats the Red Zones will take up and other general ST sales etc.

👍