Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

FarmerTweedy
16 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I sit lower Q. Getting shafted into upper Roseburn. 

Surely there has to be enough empty seats in Upper Q where they could just move us up and brush off the higher tier price (about £50 between silver and gold) due to the inconvenience? 

The lower sections are tiny, there's hardly any folk in them. 

It seems they're strictly adhering to ST pricing tiers, as lower Main stand and upper Roseburn are both Silver.

Upper Roseburn is gold and upper Q is platinum. 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is there likely to be any general sale for this or ST holders only?

I think the announcement mentioned details of general sale to follow in due course. Would hope for an update soon but assume there must be a lot going on in the background right now.

18 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

It was rammed, there may have been a few seats/rows either side of the tunnel but my response was not re  ‘red zones’ but to a question about why a ‘social distancing’ rule might still be applied inside Tynecastle but not outside in the wider community. Clearly there was no social distancing at Ibrox last night. That is not a crtitcism just a fact and this should be applied (and might well be) to our game against Aberdeen.

Ah, OK.

Thing is Hearts haven't really been clear in their communications as to what our 'capacity' will be and what has been agreed with the council.

Is it?

- Full capacity minus red zones* (and segregation, if need be)

- Full 'registered season tickets only'capacity

I know not your point but our red zones could restrict our capacity compared to other clubs due use of Main and Wheatfield stands dressing rooms, lack of potential run off area between pitch and front rows compared to other grounds.

While social distancing is no longer a legal requirement, close contact and self isolation guidelines still exist and as mentioned by someone above, what the JRG is worried about that could lead to games being cancelled.

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I sit on the right edge of section Q lower 2nd back row.

I wonder if some seats in that area may still be OK for fans. 

Q would be set aside for the 'away team'  Jonno.  Yeah?

Aberdeen then would need or be allowed an area for a certain number of staff (subs and match day player attendees not selected as an example) to be sat in a zone where everyone is 2 metres apart so as not to be at risk of being identified as a close contact if an outbreak occured and be at risk of having to self isolate for 10 days, or negative PCR test if double jagged for at least 14 days previous.

So logistically, probably not worth Hearts allowing a few home fans to be in close attendance of the Aberdeen squad, even if they could maintain a 2 metre gap for a variety of reasons.

Edited by DETTY29

45 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

It was rammed, there may have been a few seats/rows either side of the tunnel but my response was not re  ‘red zones’ but to a question about why a ‘social distancing’ rule might still be applied inside Tynecastle but not outside in the wider community. Clearly there was no social distancing at Ibrox last night. That is not a crtitcism just a fact and this should be applied (and might well be) to our game against Aberdeen.

It wasn't....saw a mate posting a video from Ibrox in the opposite stand.  The lower sections on either side of the tunnel were cordened off.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No Q is next to the Hearts dugout.

Of course.

We swapped dugouts years ago under Csaba.

Same applies although with it being the Hearts one perhaps there would be less of a 'security' factor so perhaps the back rows could be more readily available.

28 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think the announcement mentioned details of general sale to follow in due course. Would hope for an update soon but assume there must be a lot going on in the background right now.

General sale of season tickets think it mentioned.

Don't know about walk ups for the Aberdeen only 🤔

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

General sale of season tickets think it mentioned.

Don't know about walk ups for the Aberdeen only 🤔

We want to prioritise STs first as they are chipping in more cash. Also if you sell walk up tickets before STs it means that someone might be sitting in your ST seat and more admin to issue another ticket for Aberdeen game. I am sure that the club are well aware of priorities. Sit tight and wait on announcement in due course for walk ups.

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was in the rear section at the Celtic match and, unless I am mistake, I thought I saw some fans in lower Q. 

Maybe someone can confirm or correct me. 

Best I can do.

Edit - Sorry Q is right behind dugout.  Got my P&Q mixed up.  You are directly behind the Hearts dugout, not to the side.

Screenshot_20210811-104325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hearts subs in lower Q I think. 

Yep.

And again, only an assumption, with a more full capacity and a need for players to social distance, Section Q may be even more full with the Hearts first team bubble players as there is less space through the remainder of the stadium to sit them.

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Best I can do.

Edit - Sorry Q is right behind dugout.  Got my P&Q mixed up.  You are directly behind the Hearts dugout, not to the side.

Edit again.  Is that right?

The Main Stand lettering doesn't go N, O, Q, P, R, S, T does it?

Screenshot_20210811-104325_Samsung Internet.jpg

No O (story of my life)

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

We want to prioritise STs first as they are chipping in more cash. Also if you sell walk up tickets before STs it means that someone might be sitting in your ST seat and more admin to issue another ticket for Aberdeen game. I am sure that the club are well aware of priorities. Sit tight and wait on announcement in due course for walk ups.

Sorry, the only ST holders having to move are those in the red zones. Everyone else with a ST has their seat.

All other seating out with that will be for general sale. They know how many that is, why no general sale yet ?

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, the only ST holders having to move are those in the red zones. Everyone else with a ST has their seat.

All other seating out with that will be for general sale. They know how many that is, why no general sale yet ?

Guessing because they are giving new ST holders the chance to buy?

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Need to wait to find out whether it’s Sat or Sunday I’d think. Who would buy a ticket without knowing date and ko time? 

Fxxx the SPFL
19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Baws. 

That means I'll be in the same boat, Ray.

it's a bummer Jonno

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was in the rear section at the Celtic match and, unless I am mistake, I thought I saw some fans in lower Q. 

Maybe someone can confirm or correct me. 

Tried again.  

Screenshot_20210811-111035_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Need to wait to find out whether it’s Sat or Sunday I’d think. Who would buy a ticket without knowing date and ko time? 

Every ST holder !

🥴

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

There was hundreds of seats empty behind the dugouts, you could see them when the Malmo team were waiting on the final whistle. Unfortunately we will have to do this at Tynecastle for this game. As the next game is derby moving folk to the Roseburn will be more problematic. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Tried again.  

Screenshot_20210811-111035_Samsung Internet.jpg

Does seem a bit excessive to have the whole section empty if there’s a demand for tickets, which was fine against Celtic and probably Aberdeen but against Hibs we have to hope there’s been a change somehow. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The club’s priority will be to ensure as much as is possible that no players are exposed.

Even if you closed the gaps between squad members in sectionQ you couldn’t have, say, the other half of Q with fans in - especially against Hibs as the risk of fans bolting over to celebrate with the players when our 5th goes in will be too high.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Does seem a bit excessive to have the whole section empty if there’s a demand for tickets, which was fine against Celtic and probably Aberdeen but against Hibs we have to hope there’s been a change somehow. 

To do 'full social distancing' for the players, you would need roughly

Player, 2 spare seats, player; row in front and row behind empty.

When I say players I mean, player and, or designated person that forms part of the first team bubble.

It does seem feasible from that picture to tape off a designated 'bubble' area and then a few no socially distanced fans.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was hundreds of seats empty behind the dugouts, you could see them when the Malmo team were waiting on the final whistle. Unfortunately we will have to do this at Tynecastle for this game. As the next game is derby moving folk to the Roseburn will be more problematic. 

Again, my point related not to ‘red zones’ regardless of how big they were at Ibrox or are at Tynecastle! My point related to any suggestion that general ‘social distancing’ rules might apply when determining our capacity (outwith red zones) as it clearly was not when determining the capacity at Ibrox last night. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The club’s priority will be to ensure as much as is possible that no players are exposed.

Even if you closed the gaps between squad members in sectionQ you couldn’t have, say, the other half of Q with fans in - especially against Hibs as the risk of fans bolting over to celebrate with the players when our 5th goes in will be too high.

Thinking again, you might need to employ a load of stewards to sit at least 2 metres away from the players bubble and they in turn would be entitled to their own space.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Again, my point related not to ‘red zones’ regardless of how big they were at Ibrox or are at Tynecastle! My point related to any suggestion that general ‘social distancing’ rules might apply when determining our capacity (outwith red zones) as it clearly was not when determining the capacity at Ibrox last night. 

I’m not sure where you’re getting that there’s any social distancing rules determining our capacity, it’s not in any way a part of the decision as it’s no longer a legal requirement. As you say there was none last night in a nearly full stadium. 

Masks in communal areas are the only restriction still in place.,

Are we selling matchday tickets for this? My dad and I both have season tickets, however I was thinking about taking my son along to his first game.

I can't see anyway to buy a ticket on the website though?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

All seems a bit bizarre that footballers still have to socially distance when the rest of the stadium will be packed. 

Surely that has to be phased out shortly,they don’t live in a bubble away from their job. Are the rest of us supposed to be two metres apart at work?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Are we selling matchday tickets for this? My dad and I both have season tickets, however I was thinking about taking my son along to his first game.

All will be revealed in due course I think. Probably on Thursday night or Friday when we know the date of the game after they play in Europe on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

All seems a bit bizarre that footballers still have to socially distance when the rest of the stadium will be packed. 

I wonder what the players do once they leave the training ground each day and go back to their lives.

Are they still in their bubble? doubt it. They will be going out with their families and shopping etc just like the rest of us.

KyleLafferty

I think they keep the subs apart is purely if one comes down with covid, the whole bench would have to isolate. It’s to protect the team not anything else. 

19 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

The more I read the articles from Hearts, without saying as such, the stadium can open to it's capacity less red zones required for a football bubble (JRG) but restricted access to season ticket holders only (Hearts or CeC, or agreement by both).

So formal social distancing isn't the challenge.  It's someone somewhere determining who they believe should be allowed into the stadium.

Edit - or it could be a marketing ploy, initially   to encourage more folk to buy ST'S as they only way to get in.

Edited by DETTY29

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Boab said:

Have to give those that paid the £25 a chance to renew, then find out the date. No mention of away fans yet either. Friday most likely. 

4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Not at the moment they are saying that season tickets will be going on general sale first it seems.

They may well put a limited number on general sale later but there wont be a lot of time before the game.

Probably be print at home or pick up from ticket office.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

I think they keep the subs apart is purely if one comes down with covid, the whole bench would have to isolate. It’s to protect the team not anything else. 

Yes.

Social distancing may no longer be a legal requirement, but close contact requirements albeit, relaxed, still come in to play.

I'd imagine Hearts will be asking notably the football bubble staff to be extra careful in public too.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I wonder what the players do once they leave the training ground each day and go back to their lives.

Are they still in their bubble? doubt it. They will be going out with their families and shopping etc just like the rest of us.

They’ve only ever been in a bubble at work, they’ve been free to go for meals or to the shops etc. We can sit in a pub next to them, or on public transport but not in the stadium?Must end shortly.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All will be revealed in due course I think. Probably on Thursday night or Friday when we know the date of the game after they play in Europe on Thursday.

Yea, I è-mailed club and they said the same. In due course. As you say, end of the week it will be clearer.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve only ever been in a bubble at work, they’ve been free to go for meals or to the shops etc. We can sit in a pub next to them, or on public transport but not in the stadium?Must end shortly.

Which makes a mockery of their Stadium rules on Red Zones surely.

9 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So is this a Government rule or JRG guideline or a Hearts policy?

As far as I understand it, if someone tests positive, then close contacts only self isolate until they get a PCR test which presumably the club could organise very quickly.

Not really getting why players and staff are being treated differently from everyone else in the stadium. Surely if it's safe for fans, it's safe for players. 

Not impossible to organise this surely.

The £25 folks have already got an allocated seat so if they renew at this point, fine.

A general sale of season tickets can happen at the same time as a sale of match tickets for the Aberdeen game.

If someone happens to want a season ticket in a seat that has been sold for the Aberdeen game, they can still buy it and will simply get a ticket somewhere else for that game.

The Saturday/Sunday thing is probably the main issue but it can easily be explained it could be either and those who can do either can get on with buying their ticket or season ticket now.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure where you’re getting that there’s any social distancing rules determining our capacity, it’s not in any way a part of the decision as it’s no longer a legal requirement. As you say there was none last night in a nearly full stadium. 

Masks in communal areas are the only restriction still in place.,

Absolutely, so we agree that the stadium should be at full capacity minus any ‘red zones’? I hope we are correct because the statement/s from the club are ambiguous e.g.the mention of “going forward”. 

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

As far as I understand it, if someone tests positive, then close contacts only self isolate until they get a PCR test which presumably the club could organise very quickly.

Not really getting why players and staff are being treated differently from everyone else in the stadium. Surely if it's safe for fans, it's safe for players. 

If I recall for football, it's a double testing regime.

Private one's initially and if positive self isolate until an NHS one is done.  I can't remember if it's the same sample to be analysed or the player has to do a fresh NHS one.  I think it's the former.

Close contact players will need to self isolate until their own NHS tests are done, analysed and only stop if the test is negative and have been 2nd dosed, at least 14 days previously.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Which makes a mockery of their Stadium rules on Red Zones surely.

Definitely 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Absolutely, so we agree that the stadium should be at full capacity minus any ‘red zones’? I hope we are correct because the statement/s from the club are ambiguous e.g.the mention of “going forward”. 

Absolutely. 

28 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Nelly Terraces

Not got a season ticket, pretty much due to the fact I've so many other things on this year over weekends that means I'd miss a stack of games so really not worth it (plus wasn't sure fans would be allowed back anyway). Would like to go the game next weekend though so hopefully there might be a small public sale. 👍