Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What is 'new' about the confirmation of close contact position?

Hopes had been high that track and trace rules regarding the contacts of a positive case would be removed, allowing teams to switch to a scheme of training with players who return negative lateral flows. 

So the clubs thought track and trace rules would be removed - for them.  Did no-one watch the news? 

Unless it's just badly worded and the club's feel football should just take same public risks.  Fine, if a game is postponed due to an outbreak in your club, then 1% of annual turnover monetary fine.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Not got a season ticket, pretty much due to the fact I've so many other things on this year over weekends that means I'd miss a stack of games so really not worth it (plus wasn't sure fans would be allowed back anyway). Would like to go the game next weekend though so hopefully there might be a small public sale. 👍

I've contacted Jamie Borthwick and he believes it is full capacity minus red zone restrictions.  So no additional Hearts, CeC or social distancing restrictions

So if Hearts can get their asses in gear, you should get in.  (As long as they don't give the sheep far too many)

PS - Jamie's on holiday, so can folk leave him alone.  This is what he responded

Screenshot_20210811-124511_Twitter.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

26 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Not got a season ticket, pretty much due to the fact I've so many other things on this year over weekends that means I'd miss a stack of games so really not worth it (plus wasn't sure fans would be allowed back anyway). Would like to go the game next weekend though so hopefully there might be a small public sale. 👍

Think there will be a decent public sale, Nelly.

Majority of regular ST guys have already signed up. Maybe another 1.5, 2K on a general sale ?

Still leaves a few thousand for walk up. That’s if they don’t give the sheep too many, or any !

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Sorry, the only ST holders having to move are those in the red zones. Everyone else with a ST has their seat.

All other seating out with that will be for general sale. They know how many that is, why no general sale yet ?

At a guess they will be hoping that wverowho took up the £25 option now choose to go for the season ticket they have reserved, then they will see if anyone who isn't a current season ticket holder wants the opportunity (I for one want to get my 6 year old his first ticket) before they offer a walk up type sale. 

millerjames398
28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Majority of regular ST guys have already signed up. Maybe another 1.5, 2K on a general sale ?

Still leaves a few thousand for walk up. That’s if they don’t give the sheep too many, or any !

I'd prefer it if the sheep got 0 tickets for this one😆, make sure as many of us, can get a ticket for the 1st game back as possible😉

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Not impossible to organise this surely.

The £25 folks have already got an allocated seat so if they renew at this point, fine.

A general sale of season tickets can happen at the same time as a sale of match tickets for the Aberdeen game.

If someone happens to want a season ticket in a seat that has been sold for the Aberdeen game, they can still buy it and will simply get a ticket somewhere else for that game.

The Saturday/Sunday thing is probably the main issue but it can easily be explained it could be either and those who can do either can get on with buying their ticket or season ticket now.

Seems quite simple to me general sale of season tickets and sale of home match tickets only in Roseburn section H & J at same time. That should buy some time see what demand is for both. Trying to attract as many season tickets by leaving 'good' seats availble as long as posiblle would be my main priority over match day tickets but still maintain avalible of both. 

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I've contacted Jamie Borthwick and he believes it is full capacity minus red zone restrictions.  So no additional Hearts, CeC or social distancing restrictions

So if Hearts can get their asses in gear, you should get in.  (As long as they don't give the sheep far too many)

PS - Jamie's on holiday, so can folk leave him alone.  This is what he responded

Screenshot_20210811-124511_Twitter.jpg

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Cheers fellas👍👍👍! Sounds more than a decent chance I'll be there- give the sheep a couple of hundred & tell them take it or leave it heh heh! Hope we absolutely destroy that lot - can't bloody stand 'em!

From Hearts Facebook

Season Tickets are now on general sale, starting with our next home game against Aberdeen on August 21st when Tynecastle finally returns to capacity!
Match tickets for the fixture vs Aberdeen on August 21st will go on sale towards the middle of next week.

Not sure why people are still struggling with the logic of footballers physical distancing and using the 'red zone'. If a player goes out to a restaurant, doesn't physically distance and catches covid that is only one player self-isolating. However, if they'd sat on the subs bench with no physical distancing then everyone else on the subs bench is likely to be identified as a close contact and have to self-isolate which by the time players have come on/off could be as many as 10 players. Given the age of footballers some of them are unlikely to have had both jabs at least two weeks ago so won't be able to use the new take a PCR test to end self-isolation. Plus because they are close contacts they may well actually have infected other players so those players will test positive and have to self-isolate as well. This is likely to lead to games being postponed. The SFA (not Government) have decided to keep in place the 'red zone' protocols to minimise the risk of needing to postpone games. The most likely reason to drop this requirement is if the levels of infection in the population drop significantly and/or we reach the point that all players have had both doses of the vaccine at least two weeks ago.

Gorgie_Rules

Assuming Aberdeen get tickets, allowing for segregation and the red zone we should have about 19,000 capacity.

Think we have sold 10,500 STs so far with hopefully a few more thousand to sell before the Aberdeen general sale next week.

If Aberdeen get their usual 2 or 2 and a half sections of the Roseburn i think we could get close to selling this one out.

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

I'd prefer it if the sheep got 0 tickets for this one😆, make sure as many of us, can get a ticket for the 1st game back as possible😉

Aw come on, it’ll be a better atmosphere if you let us in.

I just hope Hearts get Ticketmaster to sort out their site because it will put people of trying to buy tickets as it’s a nightmare. 

5 hours ago, Boab said:

Sorry, the only ST holders having to move are those in the red zones. Everyone else with a ST has their seat.

All other seating out with that will be for general sale. They know how many that is, why no general sale yet ?

Because they want to prioritise ST sales, plenty time next week for walk up sales.

6 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

So is this a Government rule or JRG guideline or a Hearts policy?

As far as I understand it, if someone tests positive, then close contacts only self isolate until they get a PCR test which presumably the club could organise very quickly.

Not really getting why players and staff are being treated differently from everyone else in the stadium. Surely if it's safe for fans, it's safe for players. 

Not sure anyone has said it's safe for fans. Possibly as good as it'll get right enough.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

A common misconception   😄

Nah we like boo's not baa's. 👍

Jamstomorrow

Whilst I have no dislike for Aberdeen, (well none pre-broonaldo) I have to say that the atmosphere against Smelltic without away fans was excellent.

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No thanks

58 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

Defo want Aberdeen and any away fans in… that is that makes football… folk that say others talk pish

As long as they don't look to come on the pitch.....the grass is looking lovely at present !!

millerjames398
3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You reserve the right, to tell us to do one as well,,,just for a round of fixtures of course😂

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You lot can't be trusted to stay in your seats.

God forbid you scored a last minute consolation or something.

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Are the dot counters ready or has the pandemic blunted their skills? 

Dot Counters, assemble!

6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

it would be , however , I really would like to give you a rank view like you give us at Pittodrie. Unfortunately we don’t have areas with shit viewing points 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

it would be , however , I really would like to give you a rank view like you give us at Pittodrie. Unfortunately we don’t have areas with shit viewing points 

There’s a good view of Pittodrie 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will Any away fans be allowed to our games?

i would think so , depending on accommodating home support first.  Suppose it depends on how many ST we sell

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nothing on their website. 

Maybe we won’t be allowing any away fans for a while 

9 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Game now Sunday. Aberdeen through in Europe this evening.

Any idea when this’ll be confirmed?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I would imagine tomorrow..

Magic. I’ve got childcare issues on the Saturday. Might’ve been able to squeeze in the game if I’d taken the car, but would have had to go straight home after the final whistle. Sunday tho? Aw day sesh 🤪

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Magic. I’ve got childcare issues on the Saturday. Might’ve been able to squeeze in the game if I’d taken the car, but would have had to go straight home after the final whistle. Sunday tho? Aw day sesh 🤪

:lol:

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Maybe we won’t be allowing any away fans for a while 

I don’t think we can afford to lose the money but its not been announced yet. 

IIRC it’s in the rules there has to be an away allocation for league games under normal circumstances because David Murray wanted to do away with it at one point and the SFA said no. 

I don’t know if you could make an exception for current circumstances but unless it’s certain we could sell those two sections it doesn’t make sense not to give them to the away team. 

5 hours ago, JCR said:

IIRC it’s in the rules there has to be an away allocation for league games under normal circumstances because David Murray wanted to do away with it at one point and the SFA said no. 

I don’t know if you could make an exception for current circumstances but unless it’s certain we could sell those two sections it doesn’t make sense not to give them to the away team. 

I’m not sure there is that rule, and if there is, I’d like to see it. I say that on the back of a dispute between the old firm years back when they both refused tickets to be given for away fans.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I’m sure that happened, and not in the distant past either.

Was hoping Aberdeen would hibs it last night so we can have a Saturday fixture but hey ho the advantage of Working from Home on a Monday is that you can get tanned on a Sunday 🙂

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not sure there is that rule, and if there is, I’d like to see it. I say that on the back of a dispute between the old firm years back when they both refused tickets to be given for away fans.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I’m sure that happened, and not in the distant past either.

Rangers reduced Celtic's allocation to 700 and Celtic reciprocated. So if there is a rule it must be under 2% of the crowd.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Rangers reduced Celtic's allocation to 700 and Celtic reciprocated. So if there is a rule it must be under 2% of the crowd.

I checked and Murray did ban them from Ibrox for one game but the League stepped in to scupper that. They can, as you say, give them the bare minimum.