Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

He did take us forward the last time. In fact he was more attacking the last time we were in Championship. It was when we got promoted the last time that he became defensive.

This time he was more "careful" in the Championship. 

Hearts are moving forward and the off field support he has within the club is better developed. I will be DELIGHTED if he can be part of that improvement.

Some managers can grow into a job and can realise potential - learning from past mistakes. I don't see that with Neilson.

He has a chance - up to him to take it - or fail.

"drivel"?? - how unkind.

So we are moving forward, but you don't think Bob can take us forward, despite us moving forward with Bob as manager. 

You basically don't believe what happened before and what is happening now will continue. 

Fair enough. 

The constant negative stream of shite including this thread is drivel tho and I hate myself for adding to it. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So we are moving forward, but you don't think Bob can take us forward, despite us moving forward with Bob as manager. 

You basically don't believe what happened before and what is happening now will continue. 

Fair enough. 

The constant negative stream of shite including this thread is drivel tho and I hate myself for adding to it. 

Don’t add to it then. You seem to take criticism of the club or more specifically Bob as you call him very personal. With what’s went on over the  previous years I think it’s a good thing that supporters are asking questions,  and need to be won over rather than everything is rosy in the garden and five year plans which ultimately led us to where we are. Bob will be judged on  this season in which he’s being backed   Massively by the club. We all want what’s best for Hearts 👍

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough. 

😂

Bob 😂😂

Bobmeister😂😂😂

I hate myself 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Aberdeens performance tonight further shows Neilsons shortcomings.

We had a grip on the game on Sunday and he lost that.

The Old Tolbooth
7 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

You've met one myth with another. We were in second. Rangers were in third having played the same number of games as us. Aberdeen were in fourth with games in hand that would take them above us. So once those games were caught up we would have been 3rd. The fact Rangers also ended up above us was because of results after Neilson left, not because they had games in hand on us when we were in second.

I hadn't been on this thread in a while. I see it has descended from documenting his percieved failures to documenting the future failures that posters think he will have. What a car crash.

Thanks for confirming 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Who were you before? 

lost in space
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough. 

If you want to start hating yourself - you will have to join the loooong queue!!

😇

It's a joke, OK? Nobody hates you or Boab.

7 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Win every game obviously.

In your opinion what would the outcome be per game and over a season?

At the moment win mostly, draw some, lose a handful.

over a season finish around 4th -5th

17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course he did, but he had a style that RN can only dream of. Ironically enough it was the RB that he desperately wanted to replace 😆

so you could also say Burley had a budget that RN can only dream of?

John Findlay
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Tommy Walker. 

The correct answer, but Tommy didn't have agents, freedom of contract due to the Bosman ruling etc etc.

What he did have was the maximum wage(incidentally abolished in the year we last one the top league), players who did play for the Jersey. 

Fitbaw is supposed to be better nowadays.

A_A wehatethehibs
13 hours ago, Ked said:

The flip side of it is, their fans were all pretty surprised that their strongest 11 played at Tynecastle. Most fans thought more players would be rested. And to be honest with you, they should have done so. If it was roles reversed, Hearts away at Pittodrie with a great chance to get to a group stage, I'd have played the ****ing kids.

But Glass and Brown didn't want to take the L at Tynecastle so they cut off their nose to spite their face. Now they're out of Europe. Hibsed it 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The correct answer, but Tommy didn't have agents, freedom of contract due to the Bosman ruling etc etc.

What he did have was the maximum wage(incidentally abolished in the year we last one the top league), players who did play for the Jersey. 

Fitbaw is supposed to be better nowadays.

Yes, star players were basically serfs in the 50s and could only move if it suited the club. Tommy started to struggle just as the maximum wage was abolished down south. Could just have been a co-incidence as every manager eventually starts to fade anyway. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

so you could also say Burley had a budget that RN can only dream of?

We could keep starting obvious facts all day if you want?
Here’s another one, Neilson could have all the money in the world and still wouldn’t play swashbuckling attacking football, as last season showed when we had more than double the next challengers budget. 
You could ask for a loan of his excuse book before you respond.  

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Ked said:

Definitely. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Here’s another one, Neilson could have all the money in the world and still wouldn’t play swashbuckling attacking football, as last season showed when we had more than double the next challengers budget. 

That’s an opinion though. 😄

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s an opinion though. 😄

It’s a fact, it happened in front of our eyes. 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a fact, it happened in front of our eyes. 

He’s got all the money in world? 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

as someone posted on this subject the difference between a £1k a week player vs a £3k a week player isn't great. 

the difference when going up to £10k a week is more noticeable.

the only way we'd know if RN would play swashbuckling football with £10k a week players is if he was given such a budget. we'll never know.

lets see if we see a glimpse of it with Ginnelly & Woodburn in the team.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

as someone posted on this subject the difference between a £1k a week player vs a £3k a week player isn't great. 

the difference when going up to £10k a week is more noticeable.

the only way we'd know if RN would play swashbuckling football with £10k a week players is if he was given such a budget. we'll never know.

lets see if we see a glimpse of it with Ginnelly & Woodburn in the team.

So when we play a team like Brora for example with guys on £3-4K a week against guys that work for a living we can’t play swashbuckling football? 
You’re right we won’t ever see him manage £10k a week players because we are the biggest club he will ever manage. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So when we play a team like Brora for example with guys on £3-4K a week against guys that work for a living we can’t play swashbuckling football? 
You’re right we won’t ever see him manage £10k a week players because we are the biggest club he will ever manage. 

Absolutely right about Brora - No excuse. Hopefully Robbie's Nadir.

The only way RN will get £10k a week players is if James Anderson loses his marbles and keys to his safe. Or we embark on a 5 year period of stellar success and get into Europe. Mind, if we did that RN would be off to an Eng champ or league one team again :)

Lots of moaners are obviously clutching at straws after our excellent start to the season, rather than admit Neilson has done a good job so far.  Some of the comments are laughable.  Negative football?  Well, let's try getting results first, something we haven't done consistently for 5 years, and then worry about flair.  

Also seen posters say after last week, 'we should beat every team outwith the old firm at tynie, anything less is failure'.  This kind of thinking is actually worse than the worst old firm fans.  We have no right to win games, to dismiss any context - like, how the game actually went, who we were playing against - is insane.  

It's not about happy clapping or praising the team/management if we aren't doing well.  It's just about not being a pathetic and whining, and giving credit where it's due.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why don't you give it a rest for a few decades, you bore.

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It is a thread about Neilsons failings and folk are talking about Neilson, sorry if that’s too much for you to grasp. 
You could always just go to other threads where you would be more in tune with happy clappers 👍🏽👏🏾👋🏿

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The flip side of it is, their fans were all pretty surprised that their strongest 11 played at Tynecastle. Most fans thought more players would be rested. And to be honest with you, they should have done so. If it was roles reversed, Hearts away at Pittodrie with a great chance to get to a group stage, I'd have played the ****ing kids.

But Glass and Brown didn't want to take the L at Tynecastle so they cut off their nose to spite their face. Now they're out of Europe. Hibsed it 

Like your train of thought.

Good flip side to my view.

👌

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Maybe because like me hes bored watching what we have watched for too  long.

I get you want to focus on perhaps more positivity .

We should be doing better given the position the club is in.

And the football we watch is why 8000 plus pay in to it apart from our st sales.

Hes hardly being entitled.

BRAVEHEART1874

If we manage another away win tomorrow against what seems to be an improved united then robbies failing will be getting this stupid thread closed once and for all ;) We know it will never happen as the same 2 or 3 bores are just waiting, creaming theseves for a  I told you so moment :)

5 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

If we manage another away win tomorrow against what seems to be an improved united then robbies failing will be getting this stupid thread closed once and for all ;) We know it will never happen as the same 2 or 3 bores are just waiting, creaming theseves for a  I told you so moment :)

:spoton:

A_A wehatethehibs

Stevos thoughts on the late stages of the game vs Aberdeen:

" It would have been a great three points for Hearts to get but at the same time, Aberdeen are a tried and tested top three or four team in Scotland; Hearts were in the Championship last year.

Having taken the lead, they’ll have been disappointed to have lost the goal but I think Aberdeen dominated the last quarter of the match.

Given they’d played in Azerbaijan in midweek and done a lot of travelling, it might have surprised a few that they finished stronger than Hearts.

But I was thinking about this yesterday and remembered the sheer amount of nervous energy we used up before playing in a big game at Tynecastle. You were that hyped up about the game.

Some of these lads haven’t played in front of a full Tynecastle for over a year and some of the new boys haven’t done it all.

So all that rolled into one; the nerves, the pressure they’d put on themselves thinking ‘I want to go out here, play well and win,’ has an effect.
If you’d offered anybody seven out of nine points to start the season, especially with Celtic and Aberdeen in there, they’d bite your hand off."

Is Stevo a happy clapper then  @Pasquale for King ?

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Stevos thoughts on the late stages of the game vs Aberdeen:

" It would have been a great three points for Hearts to get but at the same time, Aberdeen are a tried and tested top three or four team in Scotland; Hearts were in the Championship last year.

Having taken the lead, they’ll have been disappointed to have lost the goal but I think Aberdeen dominated the last quarter of the match.

Given they’d played in Azerbaijan in midweek and done a lot of travelling, it might have surprised a few that they finished stronger than Hearts.

But I was thinking about this yesterday and remembered the sheer amount of nervous energy we used up before playing in a big game at Tynecastle. You were that hyped up about the game.

Some of these lads haven’t played in front of a full Tynecastle for over a year and some of the new boys haven’t done it all.

So all that rolled into one; the nerves, the pressure they’d put on themselves thinking ‘I want to go out here, play well and win,’ has an effect.
If you’d offered anybody seven out of nine points to start the season, especially with Celtic and Aberdeen in there, they’d bite your hand off."

Is Stevo a happy clapper then  @Pasquale for King ?

Why don't you create a 'Neilson's achievements 2021/2022' thread and see how well that goes?

It’s becoming increasingly clearer that it’s procurement rather than the manager to blame for our not so brilliant performances.

Robbies now got the players capable of dominating games and he is.

Long may that continue.

lost in space

Didnt like the wingback selection as they didnt create anything.  Apart from that, thought Ginnelly should start before GMS. Somebody did say that Ginnelly had taken a knock in training - in which case, probably right to start GMS.

Couldnt believe how bad United's tactics were in first half - just sat off us and did nothing down the wings.

I did like our fast/ crisp passing movements. This is a change. This was not "possession without progression". Our players were prepared to take risks (of losing the ball). Some mistakes by our guys but that was always going to happen.  We didnt create many chances again - and we NEED another striker with pace.

Substitutions were spot on (another change to the usual?) and were not too late.

Well done Hearts and well done Neilson (no, it doesnt hurt to say that).

Savage Vince

4 tough games in and Robbie has the same number of wins under his belt as the season we were rooted to the bottom and subsequently demoted. 

Just now, Savage Vince said:

4 tough games in and Robbie has the same number of wins under his belt as the season we were rooted to the bottom and subsequently demoted. 

1 more to go tbf. I think he’ll manage it. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Any team with the keepers that we had at our disposal would've gone down, tbf.

Savage Vince
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Good job Robbie signed an absolute cracker of a goalie then. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Good job Robbie signed an absolute cracker of a goalie then. 

He was always coming back.

A_A wehatethehibs
10 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Why don't you create a 'Neilson's achievements 2021/2022' thread and see how well that goes?

Why would I, this thread already is becoming one as KB arseholes get shut down and laughed at AGAIN 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Zlamal was more than capable, our manager chose to pick a boy that couldn't catch. 

Savage Vince
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He was always coming back.

That's likely I guess. 

What's factual correct is he was Robbie’s first signing. 

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic