Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nelly Terraces

Ceptic already defeated after spunking away a 2 goal lead.

Sevco getting a dry length from Lyon.

What a marvellous evening for the beautiful game this is turning out to be.:wub:

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

Anyone listening to radio Scotland?

I'm just wondering whether Dick Gordon, no doubt surrounded by a plethora of Old Squirm fawning sycophants, is crying over tonights results for his beloved Glasgow clubs. I'd imagine the tone of voice is particulary sombre over the Sevco defeat as him & the rest are like lovesick, spurned teenagers who've been dumped by their other half the night of the school prom with that ban in place from Ipox, it's excrutiating to listen to at the best of times, I'd imagine tonight is particulary painful.

Malinga the Swinga

Good results with both Celtic and Rangers humbled. No surprise to see Rangers lose to Lyon while Celtic got a great result by playing only 1 defensive midfielder, apparently showing up Hearts and Robbie Nielson, according to one poster on here. Unfortunately, the game lasts longer than 30 minutes and they got pumped.

32 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Love how their oh so loyal fans walk away early in these games

Surely that's not right.

I heard that they didn't do walking away.😆😆

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Surely that's not right.

I heard that they didn't do walking away.😆😆

Running like **** is different from walking away.  

Both arse cheeks well booted tonight.

Any statement yet about our league not providing enough competition?

If anything this just confirms what we have known from start of the season, that the Tim's defence is all over the place as soon as you look to press starfish and the other clowns at the back, please can we have a go at them next time we go to Glasgow, as for the bears they are a bit disjointed up front, had a few opportunities to score and didn't, bit like us in the derby tbh, I'm still not sure what to make of them, I feel like they can also be got at although their defence is better than Celtic's tbf, suppose we will find out after we go to ibrox in a few weeks time.

4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Running like **** is different from walking away.  

Both arse cheeks well booted tonight.

Any statement yet about our league not providing enough competition?

Yes, it's all our fault.  Stevie has hinted at it already but I'm sure the media will be more direct.

4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If anything this just confirms what we have known from start of the season, that the Tim's defence is all over the place as soon as you look to press starfish and the other clowns at the back, please can we have a go at them next time we go to Glasgow, as for the bears they are a bit disjointed up front, had a few opportunities to score and didn't, bit like us in the derby tbh, I'm still not sure what to make of them, I feel like they can also be got at although their defence is better than Celtic's tbf, suppose we will find out after we go to ibrox in a few weeks time.

I agree with the above sentiments of they are there to be got at. As fans we would appreciate trying to go toe to toe with them. 

At Tynecastle, we can go at the two of them. However. In Glasgow, it's the same old mantra that it's always been. It's a Scottish mentality, that sadly will be here for years to come. Play to keep it 0-0 as long as possible. Even if you go 1-0 or 2-0 down. Keep the same tactics. (Although like in the league Cup game at CP, the game was over before the change was made at half time.)

Seen it all too often before. I'd love to see us going for the throat in Glasgow, but I just can't see it. 

Bazzas right boot

Folk are mental. 

Lyon and Betis are good sides. 

Do Lyon not but players for £10m plus? 

How they play v the OF isn't a blue print for the rest on how to play them. 

In regards to celtic, Betis result was as good as ours and I wouldn't be suprised of Celtic beat them at parkhead. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, fila said:

There for the taking and that's the  both of them 

Agree totally, the reason they get so much within Scottish football isn't down to their ability, in my opinion, it is often down to what is in the heads of the other clubs in the league, a sense of fear for no other reason than they are Rangers and Celtic. When they come up against sides in Europe who stand up to them they are made to look nothing more than very, very ordinary, whereas in Scotland other clubs seem to look at games against them as "it is Celtic/Rangers, we are fecked" before the game even starts.

14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Agree totally, the reason they get so much within Scottish football isn't down to their ability, in my opinion, it is often down to what is in the heads of the other clubs in the league, a sense of fear for no other reason than they are Rangers and Celtic. When they come up against sides in Europe who stand up to them they are made to look nothing more than very, very ordinary, whereas in Scotland other clubs seem to look at games against them as "it is Celtic/Rangers, we are fecked" before the game even starts.

These European clubs also have far better players than those in Scotland, that tends to make a difference and that's before the inferiority complex.

56 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

I agree with the above sentiments of they are there to be got at. As fans we would appreciate trying to go toe to toe with them. 

At Tynecastle, we can go at the two of them. However. In Glasgow, it's the same old mantra that it's always been. It's a Scottish mentality, that sadly will be here for years to come. Play to keep it 0-0 as long as possible. Even if you go 1-0 or 2-0 down. Keep the same tactics. (Although like in the league Cup game at CP, the game was over before the change was made at half time.)

Seen it all too often before. I'd love to see us going for the throat in Glasgow, but I just can't see it. 

It’s a failure to learn from experience though. If you go to Glasgow and sit in, 90% of the time you lose. You’re not risking a lot by having a go at them.

In other news, I am genuinely disgusted at the near-total lack of Scottish players in the Sevco squad. They started with just one - McGregor, who has retired from Scotland duty. Their first team squad contains just four outfield players who are Scots, only two of which (Jack and Patterson) are likely to see any game time.

39 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s a failure to learn from experience though. If you go to Glasgow and sit in, 90% of the time you lose. You’re not risking a lot by having a go at them.

In other news, I am genuinely disgusted at the near-total lack of Scottish players in the Sevco squad. They started with just one - McGregor, who has retired from Scotland duty. Their first team squad contains just four outfield players who are Scots, only two of which (Jack and Patterson) are likely to see any game time.

That will please the majority of their supporters tbh most of them support England anyway.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk are mental. 

Lyon and Betis are good sides. 

Do Lyon not but players for £10m plus? 

How they play v the OF isn't a blue print for the rest on how to play them. 

In regards to celtic, Betis result was as good as ours and I wouldn't be suprised of Celtic beat them at parkhead. 

Same as it’s ever been in my lifetime. We’ll get the odd result against them and we’ll often give them a game at home especially. But we’re losing most times because most times they are better than us. They are not ‘there for the taking’ They are currently both better than us and it’s not even close. There is no tactical formation or attitude change that will do much about that.

For now we should be concentrating on getting ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen regularly instead of this impossible dream nonsense that rears it’s head every time we start a season half decent. Christ I’m not wholly convinced we will beat Ross County this weekend, far less give Rangers a decent game at Ibrox 

Edited by JimmyCant

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Well that's pretty entitled. To be fair to Rangers I see many more downsides than upsides in granting that request, you can imagine someone blowing Lenny a kiss and going down like he's been shot by a sniper...

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Correct... plus they have 'actual' referees in European games... not the west coast cheerleaders that officiate our game.

I'm currently satisfied there is enough quality around Europe to make these European nights provide a pretty consistent warm glow. Away from the utter sham that is Scottish football with its tainted officials. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Same as it’s ever been in my lifetime. We’ll get the odd result against them and we’ll often give them a game at home especially. But we’re losing most times because most times they are better than us. They are not ‘there for the taking’ They are currently both better than us and it’s not even close. There is no tactical formation or attitude change that will do much about that.

For now we should be concentrating on getting ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen regularly instead of this impossible dream nonsense that rears it’s head every time we start a season half decent. Christ I’m not wholly convinced we will beat Ross County this weekend, far less give Rangers a decent game at Ibrox 

Much as I agree with the second paragraph, this isn’t the Rangers side of the 80s with Woods, Souness, Steven, Stevens and Wilkins. It isn’t the Rangers side of the 90s with the likes of Goram, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Albertz and Gattuso. It isn’t the Rangers side of the mid-aughts with Klos, Ricksen, de Boer and Arteta. They don’t have a glittering array of international stars to call on. They’ve got a squad of decent players who are a bit better than the other teams can afford. The only similarity they have with the teams of old is the aura that means most teams are beaten in their heads before they take the field. If you can get past that then they are 100% there for the taking. That doesn’t mean it will be easy, but it’s a long way from impossible.

I used to want the OF, as well as all Scottish clubs, to do well in Europe (well, except for Hibs of course). After the events of last year, no more. Very pleased by the results. :thumb:

13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good results with both Celtic and Rangers humbled. No surprise to see Rangers lose to Lyon while Celtic got a great result by playing only 1 defensive midfielder, apparently showing up Hearts and Robbie Nielson, according to one poster on here. Unfortunately, the game lasts longer than 30 minutes and they got pumped.

Hartson said in the BT commentary that Celtic had been fantastic for 30 mins, and I thought to myself, pity the games lasts 90 mins you *****. To be fair, he did point out the same later in the game.

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Much as I agree with the second paragraph, this isn’t the Rangers side of the 80s with Woods, Souness, Steven, Stevens and Wilkins. It isn’t the Rangers side of the 90s with the likes of Goram, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Albertz and Gattuso. It isn’t the Rangers side of the mid-aughts with Klos, Ricksen, de Boer and Arteta. They don’t have a glittering array of international stars to call on. They’ve got a squad of decent players who are a bit better than the other teams can afford. The only similarity they have with the teams of old is the aura that means most teams are beaten in their heads before they take the field. If you can get past that then they are 100% there for the taking. That doesn’t mean it will be easy, but it’s a long way from impossible.

I think you underestimate the impact our officials have. This generally  makes up for any deficiencies they have on the field. Bookings, suspensions, the reality that they are officiated different!y from the rest.

CD of Saints says Europe has side tracked them and Don's, just as well they are both out then otherwise relegation!

Every team wants Europe but if it knackering teams should we bother😉 

Edited by Turkishcap

50 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think you underestimate the impact our officials have. This generally  makes up for any deficiencies they have on the field. Bookings, suspensions, the reality that they are officiated different!y from the rest.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I am well aware of that. The point I’m making is that the team they can put on the park now is nowhere close to the level of the teams they used to put out. Except between the ears of their domestic opponents!