Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the Anus speaks 🤣🤣🤣  - again.  Has come up from his sofa after his previous shite he spouted.  Is there a bigger ring piece out there ? Doubtful

Your modern day 'pundit'. Not there to offer tactical analysis or any insight the your average layman wouldn't notice. 

But to be a bit of a troll, wind up merchant to get clicks and likes...

Total nonentity and a bellend 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nelly Terraces
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Marvellous to see St J, Aberdeen and the vermin miss out on group stages in Europe and lose out on millions of £.

Brown, Gordon and Milne will be crying tonight as the money slipped out of their grasping fingers 

Hear! Hear! It's most pleasing.:D

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So they create a new competition to let the shit teams have a chance on Europe and still none of our team's make it.

Didn't want any of the teams to get the money but it's pretty embarrassing for Scottish football.

One day someone will do something to make the game up here better.

Don't hold your breath mate, it's the total pits and actually getting worse year on year. As you say, they invent a competition for the dross & our lot still can't captalise - Scottish football is the dross of the dross. 

10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I don’t give a **** about the league. Hearts is Hearts and we’ll only ever play in the Scottish league. 

**** the rest. 

I didn't say you did. 

My point was the Scottish game is shit, national team included, still playing football from the 80s while every other country has moved on.

3fingersreid

Don’t suppose we’ll hear from the sheep fan that pops in and out of here tonight but just in case he is on tonight 

Get it right ****ing up you 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Don’t suppose we’ll hear from the sheep fan that pops in and out of here tonight but just in case he is on tonight 

Ahem !  That's four fingers, mister 3fingers. 😉😄.

Well said by the way.

Reading the Aberdeen forums before our game v them on Sunday and all these roasters were going on about was how irrelevant we were as the big game and money was tonight.  What a lovely feeling to know that they will all be pig sick. Their manager hasn’t won in 4 now. Blamed pitches, injuries - you name it.  Particularly delighted that Scott Brown had a shocker. Once again billy big baws in Scotland (because he is allowed to get away with it) but not so in Europe’s diddy euro conference group qualifier 🤣🤣

Dodged a bullet with all 3 failing...but with this new format a Scottish team(s) will qualify at some point. With Hearts, Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Hibs operating in a generally comparable level of turnover a minimum 25% (more likely 33%) increase would make a huge difference in the clubs ability to recruit.

We must make sure we are one of the teams lining up in the qualifiers next season.

Old firm aside, the Europa Conference is just another competition that will remain out of reach for Scottish Clubs for the foreseeable future.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Dodged a bullet with all 3 failing...but with this new format a Scottish team(s) will qualify at some point. With Hearts, Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Hibs operating in a generally comparable level of turnover a minimum 25% (more likely 33%) increase would make a huge difference in the clubs ability to recruit.

We must make sure we are one of the teams lining up in the qualifiers next season.

More than likely - a part time team from Gibraltar and a team from Estonia have qualified tonight!  With a decent draw it’s very possible, although I’m still not sure it’s possible that a team from Gibraltar can play one worse than them in the final qualifying round and also the Talin mob played Shamrock Rovers - is it like the Nations League and guarantees some of the dross qualifies?

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Old firm aside, the Europa Conference is just another competition that will remain out of reach for Scottish Clubs for the foreseeable future.

I’m not so sure - have you not seen some of the shite that has got through?  Lincoln Red Imps for one!

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not so sure - have you not seen some of the shite that has got through?  Lincoln Red Imps for one!

Your right, if they had an off night then there's a chance 😆

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs still in Europe?

Aye what a step up that would be in their careers.

Edited by Rudy T

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

More than likely - a part time team from Gibraltar and a team from Estonia have qualified tonight!  With a decent draw it’s very possible, although I’m still not sure it’s possible that a team from Gibraltar can play one worse than them in the final qualifying round and also the Talin mob played Shamrock Rovers - is it like the Nations League and guarantees some of the dross qualifies?

Yes, it’s not really a fair comparison to say Aberdeen failed but Lincoln Red Imps were successful. They were actually playing in very different qualifying paths. In the open draw Lincoln Red Imps would never have made it. They were in a protected group of ‘champion’ clubs and were actually the higher seeded side in their tie so were actually expected to qualify.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Yes, it’s not really a fair comparison to say Aberdeen failed but Lincoln Red Imps were successful. They were actually playing in very different qualifying paths. In the open draw Lincoln Red Imps would never have made it. They were in a protected group of ‘champion’ clubs and were actually the higher seeded side in their tie so were actually expected to qualify.

Its a reality all the same. To be honest all 3 were soundly beaten in the end, no hard luck stories, just not good enough and this is a big step down in class from previous years 

No Idle Talk
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Had a stormer after the mistake 

Perhaps. Didn't watch it. Too many brain farts is his problem though. Would rather have Craigy any day.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a reality all the same. To be honest all 3 were soundly beaten in the end, no hard luck stories, just not good enough and this is a big step down in class from previous years 

They were but i think the extra Euro place each season makes it more likely that the bigger Scottish clubs (Us, Aberdeen, Hibs) will be reaching the conference play off round quite frequently. A decent draw and also a bit of luck with teams coming down/non-seeded sides winning, etc. opens up a more favourable path. We need to make sure we are in the mix when it happens.

30 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

FoH subs are donations and not included in turnover so there’s a ~£1.6m advantage already. 

We sold around 2,000 more season tickets than hubs and around 4,500 more than he sheep so at a very rough average of £300 per ST that’s £600k more that hibs and £1.35m more than the sheep. 

Significant figures which will widen when you add in our capacity for hospitality etc. 

That’s before we even think about the benefactors who give us millions every season that hibs and the sheep don’t have. 

The future is indeed maroon. 

I don’t disagree but Aberdeen were already (generally) ahead of us turnover wise each season. Getting a million or two ahead is good but isn’t a game changer...start to pull £4,5,6m ahead each season and that’s the difference between having just a strong 1-11 and having solid back up across the whole squad. It also ensures that we wouldn’t just be paying a bit more, would be capable of paying a lot more. For me there is no question the conference group stages are a game changer for any Scottish club outside of Celtic and Rangers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

They were but i think the extra Euro place each season makes it more likely that the bigger Scottish clubs (Us, Aberdeen, Hibs) will be reaching the conference play off round quite frequently. A decent draw and also a bit of luck with teams coming down/non-seeded sides winning, etc. opens up a more favourable path. We need to make sure we are in the mix when it happens.

Agreed 

33 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Aye what a step up that would be in their careers.

Yip. Talking about kicking a guy when he’s down. Just papped out of Europe and Hibs come calling ?

😂

Em, naw, thanks anyway !

16 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I don’t disagree but Aberdeen were already (generally) ahead of us turnover wise each season. Getting a million or two ahead is good but isn’t a game changer...start to pull £4,5,6m ahead each season and that’s the difference between having just a strong 1-11 and having solid back up across the whole squad. It also ensures that we wouldn’t just be paying a bit more, would be capable of paying a lot more. For me there is no question the conference group stages are a game changer for any Scottish club outside of Celtic and Rangers.

Quite puzzling how Aberdeen can have a higher turnover than us with a bigger wage bill and fewer attending games. 

12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve just quoted you £4/5/6m. 

Turnover isn’t profit. Especially when you live n a crumbling stadium which needs replaced in its entirety. 

So we are agreed that conference group stage is a game changer for Scottish sides?

If Aberdeen qualify they immediately claw back your £4/5/6m on us; we qualify and we move even further ahead of them financially.

Agree that turnover isn’t profit; turnover is more important.

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Quite puzzling how Aberdeen can have a higher turnover than us with a bigger wage bill and fewer attending games. 

Makes no sense to me either.

We have 4K more ST holders and FOH.

Puzzling is the word !

Just now, Boab said:

Puzzling is the word !

Im sure I read that they have investors who are generous 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The wage bill doesn’t impact on turnover but the attendance will. It’s actually been a frequent debate on some of the financial threads on here. The general consensus was that their commercial and sponsorship was stronger than ours and that made the difference. The one club city seemed to be a factor where spend like that in Edinburgh is split across both clubs (or not at all to avoid the hassle), also rugby and the massive arts and culture sector that just doesn’t exist in Aberdeen.

Of course this was all pre-Covid. I think we can be sure that all club accounts are going to make grim reading this year...impossible to predict how we will all compare. Thank goodness for our benefactors.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Believe 3rd is guaranteed group games next year, important to get it

Massive if that's the case. 

Didhe the the lc shite and straight into there. 

Would help recruitment as well. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Puzzling is the word !

Since admin we've had 2 X 12th and 2 X 13th place finishes, 1 X 3rd and the rest 5th or 6th.

They've been mostly 2nd and 3rds, so even with the poor prize money on offer they'll have earned a fair chunk of cash more than us.

Add in they've been in Europe every season which must bring in some TV money, gate receipts, sponsorship etc.

Success breeds success.

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Real shame that the sheep and the sheep farmers got papped out. Real shame. 

You feeling it too, mate?

:(

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Believe 3rd is guaranteed group games next year, important to get it

A huge year to get 3rd place...straight into the Europa League play off round with the guaranteed parachute of the Conference groups should we lose.

For a club like ours that’s a perfect win-win situation.

3fingersreid
9 hours ago, whodanny said:

Ahem !  That's four fingers, mister 3fingers. 😉😄.

Well said by the way.

They lost 4 goals on aggregate 🤷🏻‍♂️( poor excuse but it’s all I can think off 😂😂

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

They have only been ahead turnover wise becuase of prize money for doing better than us on the pitch.  I think the difference in 19/20 was about £1m yet they received well over £2m more in sporting revenue for finishing higher and playing in Europe. 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Boab said:

Puzzling is the word !

Playing in Europe and finishing higher up the league. For example if they finished 3rd and we finished 11th then they get 2.4m vs 1.1m.  If you flip those positions around that a 2.6m swing even without the consider the sums for playing in Europe 

FOH isn’t included in our turnover - it’s calculated separately 

Also last year t/o could be full measure was before the full commercial opportunities of the new stand are realised.  

Edited by kingantti1874

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Had a stormer after the mistake 

He's always been like that. Fantastic shot stopper but you are just waiting for his next brain fart

9 hours ago, Boab said:

Puzzling is the word !

Creative accounting perhaps.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

They lost 4 goals on aggregate 🤷🏻‍♂️( poor excuse but it’s all I can think off 😂😂

😄

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I was sure I read somewhere vaguely reliable that 3rd place is straight into the groups this season.

Anyway as mentioned above huge year to finish in one of the top 3 places 😜

13 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

It’s who you know rather than what you know. The guy is full of aidy white 

His wife is none other than Amy Mcdonald. Amy is pure mad for everything bbc. Not difficult for a former Dons and St Johnstone player to get a gig on the beeb. 

Currently still playing with Partick thistle 

IveSeenTheLight
12 hours ago, Zico said:

Real shame that the sheep and the sheep farmers got papped out. Real shame. 

Qarabag was by far a better team. We deserved to lose. They were much sharper than us and showed some very intelligent movement in play.

Still, progressed to the PO round which gets another 0.5 points to our co-efficient, although fear that many considered this the best opportunity to get to the groups (kind draws) meaning it is an extremely tough challenge to get into the groups at this time.

The aim has to be to keep qualifying and keep edging the co-efficient higher until we get an opportunity to be seeded and get an easier draw.

Said last night to my mates at the game, the only positive was that if we had qualified, we would have had some real doings.

IveSeenTheLight
14 hours ago, Beni said:

But, but he wasn't fussed about Sunday, because winning tonight was so much more important.

teehee-excited.gif

I wasn;t fussed about Sunday, as last night was a much more important opportunity.

We simply were not good enough though

IveSeenTheLight
14 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

👏 👏 👏 👏

IveSeenTheLight
13 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I didn’t know the imps of Gibraltar were seeded. That’s even more ludicrous. 

There is a lower ranked country champions path, meaning that pot 4 of the groups draw will be from lower ranked sides.