Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen are not very good. Strong, physical and fit but not very good. No way we should be finishing below them

Eh ? We’ve just played them and were lucky to take a point at home. Finishing above them will need us to improve quite a bit with the new signings on board. Their knack of winning run of the mill games and our lack of ambition away from home will probably see them finish above us.

IveSeenTheLight
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen are not very good. Strong, physical and fit but not very good. No way we should be finishing below them

Now we have finished in Europe and with the couple of players coming in that we are hearing about, I'm confident we will have a good season and certainly be pushing to regain 3rd

13 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

The wage bill doesn’t impact on turnover but the attendance will. It’s actually been a frequent debate on some of the financial threads on here. The general consensus was that their commercial and sponsorship was stronger than ours and that made the difference. The one club city seemed to be a factor where spend like that in Edinburgh is split across both clubs (or not at all to avoid the hassle), also rugby and the massive arts and culture sector that just doesn’t exist in Aberdeen.

Of course this was all pre-Covid. I think we can be sure that all club accounts are going to make grim reading this year...impossible to predict how we will all compare. Thank goodness for our benefactors.

Think pre-covid we had caught up income wise with the Dons. On a side note enjoyed a meal  in the skyline restaurant with 5 other jambos last night, looked a near capacity crowd,  so while minor the facilities in the new stand will help deliver more income over time. Had forgotten the entire second floor is still unused /ripe for development so we have other options to further increase our funds. Getting into Europe by finishing 3rd this season would be a real shot in the arm though.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Eh ? We’ve just played them and were lucky to take a point at home. Finishing above them will need us to improve quite a bit with the new signings on board. Their knack of winning run of the mill games and our lack of ambition away from home will probably see them finish above us.

we weren’t lucky at all.  Problem was we didn’t have enough squad depth to change the game from the bench - prior to that both teams were average and we just about had the best of it. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Now we have finished in Europe and with the couple of players coming in that we are hearing about, I'm confident we will have a good season and certainly be pushing to regain 3rd

Yeah sure but I don’t think Aberdeen are anything to “worry” about i maintain if we don’t finish above you I’ll be disappointed.  I think In Gordon, Souttar, Beni and Boyce our spine is better, and in other positions there isn’t much in it.  I think woodburn will be a huge signing for us also. I think Gallagher has looked pretty poor and I don’t see much in the way of creativity without hedges. 

I will say I really like the kid Ramsay. Good player 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah sure but I don’t think Aberdeen are anything to “worry” about i maintain if we don’t finish above you I’ll be disappointed.  I think In Gordon, Souttar, Beni and Boyce our spine is better, and in other positions there isn’t much in it.  I think woodburn will be a huge signing for us also. I think Gallagher has looked pretty poor and I don’t see much in the way of creativity without hedges. 

I will say I really like the kid Ramsay. Good player 

Many on here won't like it, but the reality is that the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs should all be consistently battling with each other.

The key thing is about consistency though.

Last year, we went on such a long run of poor results, hence why McInnes was binned.

Aberdeen are not streets ahead of the rest of the league by any means, but I'm confident we will maintain a more positive consistency this season.

Ramsay is class, only just turned 18 and assisted with 5 goals already this season. He's contracted till 2024, but the way he has impressed, I'd hope they open up discussions for a longer deal (not that I expect him to see it out)

Please, please, please don't let Betis v. Celtic be at the start of November.

Booked Malaga flights for a del Sol holiday the other day.

Being surrounded by 90k hoop-tapped, Buckie swilling savages doesn't bare thinking about.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Many on here won't like it, but the reality is that the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs should all be consistently battling with each other.

The key thing is about consistency though.

Last year, we went on such a long run of poor results, hence why McInnes was binned.

Aberdeen are not streets ahead of the rest of the league by any means, but I'm confident we will maintain a more positive consistency this season.

Ramsay is class, only just turned 18 and assisted with 5 goals already this season. He's contracted till 2024, but the way he has impressed, I'd hope they open up discussions for a longer deal (not that I expect him to see it out)

not much to disagree on with the above.  Though financially we should be able to spend materially more than hibs so if we are getting bang for buck finishing behind them should be much rarer than it has been of late 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Please, please, please don't let Betis v. Celtic be at the start of November.

Booked Malaga flights for a del Sol holiday the other day.

Being surrounded by 90k hoop-tapped, Buckie swilling savages doesn't bare thinking about.

dont you mean 900k of them

Seems like a million years ago I, like most scottish football fans, was cheering on Aberdeen as they defeated Real Madrid to lift the Cup winners Cup.  Last night I was cheering on Qarabag and wallowing in the delight of seeing the sheep squirt out of Europe.  

4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Seems like a million years ago I, like most scottish football fans, was cheering on Aberdeen as they defeated Real Madrid to lift the Cup winners Cup.  Last night I was cheering on Qarabag and wallowing in the delight of seeing the sheep squirt out of Europe.  

Same.

Simply cannot bring myself to cheer on Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic and Rangers in Europe.

Did hope St. Johnstone would make it, though.

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agree. I was the same. I also wanted Celtic to win the UEFA cup final in 2003 - solely for the good of Scottish football before anyone pounces on me. 

Now, I celebrate every single club failing miserably in Europe, even the fairmers last night. 

As did I. I feel dirty just thinking about it.

Easier draw for Sevco, could see them edging Sparta Prague and Brondy. Real Betis are going to be too strong for Celtic imo.

Edited by JackLadd

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Qarabag was by far a better team. We deserved to lose. They were much sharper than us and showed some very intelligent movement in play.

Still, progressed to the PO round which gets another 0.5 points to our co-efficient, although fear that many considered this the best opportunity to get to the groups (kind draws) meaning it is an extremely tough challenge to get into the groups at this time.

The aim has to be to keep qualifying and keep edging the co-efficient higher until we get an opportunity to be seeded and get an easier draw.

Said last night to my mates at the game, the only positive was that if we had qualified, we would have had some real doings.

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Qarabag was by far a better team. We deserved to lose. They were much sharper than us and showed some very intelligent movement in play.

Still, progressed to the PO round which gets another 0.5 points to our co-efficient, although fear that many considered this the best opportunity to get to the groups (kind draws) meaning it is an extremely tough challenge to get into the groups at this time.

The aim has to be to keep qualifying and keep edging the co-efficient higher until we get an opportunity to be seeded and get an easier draw.

Said last night to my mates at the game, the only positive was that if we had qualified, we would have had some real doings.

I couldn’t give a **** Dolly. 

alwaysthereinspirit
31 minutes ago, Zico said:

I couldn’t give a **** Dolly. 

That’s definitely not how most Aberdeen fans write that sentence.

• 3 weeks later...

Celtic in Spain 5.45pm kick off against Real Betis......could be a pretty tough tie for them on BT Sport 3

Rangers v Lyon 8pm kick off and again it could be a tough tie for them and again on BT Sport 3

(Of course there are other ties for the English clubs..Leicester City, Spurs and West Ham United)

Malinga the Swinga

**** the coefficient, I want the gruesome twosome beaten and humiliated tonight, next week and on every game they play (except against Hibs or if we benefit by them winning in league quest).

Come on Lyon and Betis.

47 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Unbelievable, or is it :wink:

I reckon celtic could lose tonight 2-0.   Or a sneaky 1-1, hope not. 

Rangers game will be interesting. 

Portable Badger
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Don’t get me wrong - I detest both of these two shitey clubs but I don’t agree  with Sutton’s point.  If they were not so inclusive, as he’s trying to imply, then they wouldn’t be letting Lennon & Sutton in to Ibrox in the first place.  Secondly, although a really crap counter-argument, does he honestly think Celtic would be happy if McCoist & Souness sat in Celtic Park broadcasting on a Rangers match?

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Interesting to note they have only one defensive midfielder away from home and looking decent. As much as it pains for me to say.:qqb001:

Nice one. Celtic goal leads to thinly veiled dig at the Hearts manager. 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Nice one. Celtic goal leads to thinly veiled dig at the Hearts manager. 

Not thinly veiled it was a direct dig and now the RA RA bhoys can go 2 nil up

7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Interesting to note they have only one defensive midfielder away from home and looking decent. As much as it pains for me to say.:qqb001:

Soro has been booked though. He'll need some help there if Betis get their act together. Turnbull generally goes deeper to help out. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣

McLeod and Bonner almost choking on their tears

The former screeching as ever when they score.

Can't stand the wee $#1te$#oo5e

Had a feeling, stuck spare 59p on Celtic to win was good odds (like to keep my bet account to a round pound (figure) almost cashed out at 2-0 for £2.45, just left it.

Now 2-2

Raging.

Not 😆

Seymour M Hersh

Crikey that changed quickly! Was watching another programme flicked over to see them winning 1-0. Went back to my programme and at the next ad break it's 2-2.