• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Cruyff

• Victorian

• Samuel Camazzola

51 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

I think it's Brooks that keeps the beef going. Bryson just goes about his stuff and Brooks always has to chuck in smart arse comments, from what I've seen anyway.

Mate I thought it was the other way about until I heard the comments Brooks made about the Ryder cup and saying it’s pretty obvious we won’t be paired together and Bryson got same question and said he wouldn’t be bothered if they were . 

I also felt Brooks comments about the course were pretty disrespectful too earlier in the week - I’ve played front 9 not bothered about the back I’ll play them tomorrow I don’t like this course but it’s what it is I’ll play back tomorrow . 

Maroon Sailor

Going to be a birdie fest over the weekend looking at the weather forecast, especially Sunday.

They are going to have to tuck the pins away as the course won't have much defence

Samuel Camazzola

Justin Thomas' hoodie probably wasn't best suited for today's weather but he wins the prize for best piece of apparel so far! 🔥 🔥 

£225 sheets is quite a bit but still looks the business. 👌🏼

Maroon Sailor

Oosthuizen edging away on -12 after the Eagle at 14

3 clear - long way to go but he'll take some catching

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Zalatoris retired after 69 in round one, this was an awesome feat around Royal St Georges with the yips...

Just now, OBE said:

Zalatoris retired after 69 in round one, this was an awesome feat around Royal St Georges with the yips...

Remarkable to be able to finish out the last 3 holes of a round with an injury so severe that he couldn't swing a putter... but could play his teeing ground and fairway shots no problem.

Even more remarkable that the player has made no mention of his injury affecting his putting and has said that it actually affected his leg and back.  

You're talking pish.

FYI,  the yips can often manifest itself as the inability to properly make a stroke on specific length putts.  Might be 12",  might be 2'.  Often players turn to stone over a tiddler but have no problems with a 3 or 4 footer.

Why on earth you think he's hunched over the thing like Quasimodo with a left arm lock and right hand claw grip?  Putting issues.

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Used to love watching the Open live. **** Sky. 

Other than adverts, their production is far better than the BBC. I don't think they are the host broadcaster though, it's the same sort of set up as the other European Tour events so cameras/footage is just a feed.

Need pro tracer on every shot and yardage on every shot. I watch a lot of the PGA Tour on Sky and the coverage is far superior.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Other than adverts, their production is far better than the BBC. I don't think they are the host broadcaster though, it's the same sort of set up as the other European Tour events so cameras/footage is just a feed.

Need pro tracer on every shot and yardage on every shot. I watch a lot of the PGA Tour on Sky and the coverage is far superior.

To watch it live, play by play, you have to pay for Sky Sports. That's my point. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

To watch it live, play by play, you have to pay for Sky Sports. That's my point. 

Ah ok, yes agreed all the majors should be on council telly. It's a shame not even just the Sunday alone couldn't be a deal they can do.

Seymour M Hersh
34 minutes ago, kila said:

Ah ok, yes agreed all the majors should be on council telly. It's a shame not even just the Sunday alone couldn't be a deal they can do.

:thumb:

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Mate I thought it was the other way about until I heard the comments Brooks made about the Ryder cup and saying it’s pretty obvious we won’t be paired together and Bryson got same question and said he wouldn’t be bothered if they were . 

I also felt Brooks comments about the course were pretty disrespectful too earlier in the week - I’ve played front 9 not bothered about the back I’ll play them tomorrow I don’t like this course but it’s what it is I’ll play back tomorrow . 

I like Bryson, he does things his way and it's good to see. However he doesn't help himself when he makes comments like Augusta is a Par 67 for him. That kind of shit will always come back to bite you. Brooks is an arse, can't take to him at all, no question of his talent tho.

Interesting wee device that Oosthuizen employs with the putter.  Kind of massages his grip up and down the putter a bit before completing his address.  Probably ensuring a nice even grip pressure and keeping tension out of his forearms.  Do what works for you,  eh?

For all McIroy's failings he's posted two 70s.  Typical McIlroy really.  Looks poor but still scores a hell of a lot better than most when not at the races.

Maroon Sailor

64 65 for Oosthuizen

That's ridiculous for the The Open

They'll need to put the flags in the bunkers at this rate

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

64 65 for Oosthuizen

That's ridiculous for the The Open

They'll need to put the flags in the bunkers at this rate

Have a look at the winner's 4 rounds in previous Opens at St.George's.  That's a much better 36 hole total than anyone.   

Sandy Lyle won 1985 at St.George's with +1.  

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Koepka's interview

'I drove it well today. I love my driver'

:clyay:

The guy has some weird obsession with Bryson, can't help himself.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Have a look at the winner's 4 rounds in previous Opens at St.George's.  That's a much better 36 hole total than anyone.   

Sandy Lyle won 1985 at St.George's with +1.  

Hopefully the R&A have something up their sleeve to combat the benign conditions

Don't want to see a procession

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hopefully the R&A have something up their sleeve to combat the benign conditions

Don't want to see a procession

All there is is the demon pin placements.  Nothing else they can do.  Norman's winning total was about -13.  If the weather stays ideal then that's toast.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Scottie Scheffler I had a fancy for, very much in the hunt.

Texans love Links golf, well attuned to windy dry conditions. 

Fritelli like Louis is another South African who seems to be drawn to the big occasion. 

1555 a late start for the last 2 expect the board to tighten up tomorrow,  cracking tournament 

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

All there is is the demon pin placements.  Nothing else they can do.  Norman's winning total was about -13.  If the weather stays ideal then that's toast.

A couple of 63s that year as well. Nick Faldo in round 2 and Payne Stewart on the Sunday.

Can see somebody shooting a 63 or lower this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

A couple of 63s that year as well. Nick Faldo in round 2 and Payne Stewart on the Sunday.

Can see somebody shooting a 63 or lower this weekend.

Maybe.  Absolutely loving the place Oosthuizen is in though.  Sweet swinging,  playing within himself cloud that he's in.  

I'm getting a rare run on a golf bet with DJ.  He's got unfinished business there as he spaffed the Open that Clarke won.  

Edited by Victorian

Pasquale for King

Really good to hear American players talk about how they love links golf, in particular the different shots they have to play compared to the courses they usually compete on. 
As most do they also recognise that the fans know the game, clap for good shots etc. Maybe just a nice break from their drunk morons who spoil it. 

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Really good to hear American players talk about how they love links golf, in particular the different shots they have to play compared to the courses they usually compete on. 
As most do they also recognise that the fans know the game, clap for good shots etc. Maybe just a nice break from their drunk morons who spoil it. 

About time they kicked out the mashed potato, light the candle, in the hole and Baba Booey dickheads

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Leaderboard after Round 2

20210716_202019.thumb.jpg.9b2ad9d0161782a0a89115a1a5f7a8ac.jpg

As always, the cream will come to the top, LO, CM, JS, DJ, BK all past major winners, plus John Rahm who is also on -5.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Koepka's interview

'I drove it well today. I love my driver'

:clyay:

:yas:

GIRFUY Bryson. 

9 hours ago, OBE said:

Zalatoris has had enough, he's withdrawn. Saw him jar his wrist in he rough yesterday, maybe that's what was wrong with his putting...

:mw_rolleyes: maybe's aye, maybe's naw.

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

Yep.  He's got the yips,  pure and simple.  **** all to do with an injury he was able to carry on with.  Making that an excuse for the guy is a total cringe.  

I've hurt my wrist badly on the course before.  It just doesn't have any affect on a putting stroke.  

Who made an excuse for the guy, Vic?

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Remarkable to be able to finish out the last 3 holes of a round with an injury so severe that he couldn't swing a putter... but could play his teeing ground and fairway shots no problem.

Even more remarkable that the player has made no mention of his injury affecting his putting and has said that it actually affected his leg and back.  

You're talking pish.

A 69 round Royal St Georges with the yips, I thought it was good effort, but you deem this to be talking pish...charming!

That first hole there is not many hitting the fairway with their drives.

Watched all 3 in the rough a lot of times as well.

Maroon Sailor

That was some par at the 10th for Rory

Wayward drive in to deep rough, hacked out in to a fairway bunker, gets to within 6 feet of the pin and holes out

Keeps his round going

alwaysthereinspirit

Who is this negative Nelly (Sophie) that is commentating on my feed? Jeez give it a rest.

Spoiler

McIntyre

leads in the clubhouse after a round of 

Spoiler

today.

Spoilers in case anyone wants to avoid the news :lol: 

Maroon Sailor

7 years and counting since Rory's last major.

At one time the talk was of him challenging Nicklaus record after 4 majors in 3 years by the age of 25

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Have Sky got something against Scottie Scheffler? Playing with DJ and I've seen pretty much all of Dustin's shots and 1 putt from SS. £5.00 e/w the guy at 50's so wouldn't mind seeing a couple of his shots.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, JWL said:

Have Sky got something against Scottie Scheffler? Playing with DJ and I've seen pretty much all of Dustin's shots and 1 putt from SS. £5.00 e/w the guy at 50's so wouldn't mind seeing a couple of his shots.

I'm pretty sure that the Open have their own broadcaster and the on course content is exclusive to Sky (ie Radar, Barter etc...) Sky take the feed from The Open. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'm pretty sure that the Open have their own broadcaster and the on course content is exclusive to Sky (ie Radar, Barter etc...) Sky take the feed from The Open. 

Yeah, believe you're right but whoever it is it's getting on my tits.

Maroon Sailor

Louis reminds me of Greg Norman in the majors.

Norman won The Open in 86 before winning at Sandwich in 93. He was 2nd in all the other majors

Louis won The Open in 2010 and has been 2nd in all the other majors and now leads at Sandwich.

15 minutes ago, OBE said:

Going on for 20 minutes and not seen one ball struck on the course, Sky coverage is feckin rank....

If anyone has iview IPTV, TSN4 is showing players actually playing golf...😁