My friends thought England were “incredible” and “managed the game from start to finish.” :lol:

Happily pointing out to them they will need to find another 3 or 4 gears to match Italy or Belgium if they come up against them. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• milky_26

• Cade

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've only seen the last 20 minutes.  I'll watch the whole game later in the morning.  My particular focus will be on Modric.  For me, he is massively over-rated but happy if he proves me wrong.

Nothing to see here

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s a first game. In 30 degree heat. They did a job. If we do that I’ll be delighted.

It’s 27 and they are both used to it. 
It’s going to be 18 and to rain on Friday which should suit us. 

England weren't great but are capable of better. Croatia made one mistake and were punished but they missed a few chances. I'm sure they'll improve too. 

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'll be delighted too, but I won't be claiming we were excellent.

Agree. They weren’t great. But never really looked in trouble and did enough. All you can ask for a first game.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've only seen the last 20 minutes.  I'll watch the whole game later in the morning.  My particular focus will be on Modric.  For me, he is massively over-rated but happy if he proves me wrong.

Watch it before bedtime, make sure you put any cups or tumblers down before it reaches the twenty minute mark.    

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

The only thing they managed was to give the BBC panel the vinegar strokes. 

You’re braver than me Jonno. I couldn’t put myself through listening to the BBC panel. 

TyphoonJambo

The only thing they managed was to give the BBC panel the vinegar strokes. 

Yep, I'd hate to be the cleaner wiping that studio floor. It'll be like shovelling tadpole spawn up. A proper slip hazard.

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s 27 and they are both used to it. 
It’s going to be 18 and to rain on Friday which should suit us. 

I hope we have a go at them. It’ll be massive if we can get 3 points.

England win their first game, surprise, surprise they think their gonna win the whole tournament, makes it all the sweeter when they h1b5 it

SwindonJambo
31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Prefer Scotland the Brave.

I do too. I find FoS a bit of a dirge.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

I hope we have a go at them. It’ll be massive if we can get 3 points.

Let’s hope so, England’s defence is the weakest part of their team. Get crosses in on the GK and the odd bump at corners. The Scotland fans should target him too the way the Geordies do. 

Harry Potter
17 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Meh, let them win the group. They’ll get pumped in the first knockout game. 
Smug pricks. 

love it

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope so, England’s defence is the weakest part of their team. Get crosses in on the GK and the odd bump at corners. The Scotland fans should target him too the way the Geordies do. 

For the first time at a tournament since 1990 I actually feel confident that we have goals in the team. Robertson, Tierney, Adams, McGinn are all dangerous going forward. Would really love to see us score a couple tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

My particular focus will be on Modric.  For me, he is massively over-rated.

Really? Absolutely brilliant player in my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Him and number 8 are a couple of lazy *******s. And very slow. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

For the first time at a tournament since 1990 I actually feel confident that we have goals in the team. Robertson, Tierney, Adams, McGinn are all dangerous going forward. Would really love to see us score a couple tomorrow.

Definitely, although any kind of win is acceptable. Nothing to fear in this group. 

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They call him dinosaur arms

Fud gets so psyched up playing Newcastle he ends up being an easy target and makes a complete dick of himself

20210613_162316.jpg.9ce66366fb6cfe0d4a3d20feff5bbbb7.jpg

Edited by Maroon Sailor

10 minutes ago, Alfie Conn said:

Really? Absolutely brilliant player in my opinion. 

Most people say that about Modric.  I'm just not one of them.  Maybe I only see him on bad days.

In contrast, Sterling's crown seems to have slipped yet I think he is brilliant.  I'll be delighted if England don't select him against us.  

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They call him dinosaur arms

Fud gets so psyched up playing Newcastle he ends up being an easy target and makes a complete dick of himself

20210613_162316.jpg.9ce66366fb6cfe0d4a3d20feff5bbbb7.jpg

Get someone to impersonate a geordie at the first opportunity 😆. Wind them up when the fans boo also, do whatever it takes to win in this match especially. 

SwindonJambo
38 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Meh, let them win the group. They’ll get pumped in the first knockout game. 
Smug pricks. 

This is where I am. To be fair England often start tournaments slowly and improve. This is a strange group, where the next round draw makes it better to come 2nd than win. The media hype and frenzy is ott, much worse than our own was in the run up to Argentina 1978.

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Most people say that about Modric.  I'm just not one of them.  Maybe I only see him on bad days.

In contrast, Sterling's crown seems to have slipped yet I think he is brilliant.  I'll be delighted if England don't select him against us.  

There seems to be a bit going on behind the scenes for him at club level. I agree, I think Sterling is a terrific player and despite his critics I also always thinks he comes across really well in interviews.

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There seems to be a bit going on behind the scenes for him at club level. I agree, I think Sterling is a terrific player and despite his critics I also always thinks he comes across really well in interviews.

His face when asked whether he has justified his selection😆😆 it was like he was dying to say " well I did score with more or less the only chance ya stupid bitch"

Maroon Sailor

Could do with Austria North Mac being a draw as one of these will finish 3rd in their group imo and don't fancy either to beat Holland or Ukraine

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

His face when asked whether he has justified his selection😆😆 it was like he was dying to say " well I did score with more or less the only chance ya stupid bitch"

Haha, yeh!! At least that's just a sport related question, some of the crap written about him is a joke. 

Obviously I don't know the guy but anytime I've heard him speak he comes across as quite a shy guy actually who's stuck his head above the parapet to speak for what he believes in. Good on him I say, and he's ruffled some folks feathers along the way then it says more about them than him.

Hope he plays terribly against us, mind.

Anyone heading to tynie for the scotland games? I can see they are sold out now and wondering if anyone knew the max numbers allowed? Got tickets to Czech and England game so looking forward to it!

England will get better. A win for us tomorrow sets up one of the best auld enemy games ever.

Played again, Cade, great stuff, mate.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

any thoughts on the Austrian strip?

Why is it green n black? 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

any thoughts on the Austrian strip?

It's an away strip.    Looks dull.   Not rediculous looking, not bad.   I'd wear it. 

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

John Harston ffs.    I'd rather listen to Jermaine Jenas.    Steven Craigan I could tolerate. 

Lol its like if Lawson was co-commentator 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

How many times will England be mentioned in Austria v N Macedonia? 

can we have a sweepie

More chance of Wales getting mentioned or celtic with gobshite hartson on the floor. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

More chance of Wales getting mentioned or celtic with gobshite hartson on the floor. 

I dont know the Denmark v Finland game there was comments about would a Lineker have scored that chance and the likes. This commentator so far though has only spoken about the game. Hartson is awful though

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Lol iv not seen any media yet , i assume theyve won the Euros already though 

You missed the BBC chugfest. 

that is why i switched over once the game ended

A truly magnificent, crushing, era-defining 1-0 win that will become part of Folklore for a thousand years.

Hands on the cup boys.

:olly:

Edited by Cade