HartleyLegend3
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The runner up of Germany, France or Portugal I think.

Lol.. just looked it up..  

Are the Croatian's deliberately taking it easy? 

If England win Group 😧

June 29: England vs Group F runners-up (Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary), 5pm at Wembley. 

If England finish Group D runners-up:

June 28: England vs Group E runners-up (Spain, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia), 6pm in Copenhagen.  

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• milky_26

• Cade

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Scarlett
6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Scotland fans used to boo our own anthem hence why we had to change it in the 70s. I'm sure Scotland fans will be booing when we play England. However, I agree not a good sight. 

I feel like booing that flower of Scotland tripe I s bloody awful

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

One thing that is notable about the England team is the number of players who play for less fashionable teams. Compare that to Scotland where half a season of first team football for one of the Old Firm is likely to see a player into the starting 11 and little chance we would start a game with players from Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell and St Johnstone say in our starting line up.

not so sure about that tbh - https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=909

We will see where we are at tomorrow. Lacking upfront but the rest is as good as we've had for a while.

SwindonJambo
Just now, HartleyLegend3 said:

Lol.. just looked it up..  

Are the Croatian's deliberately taking it easy? 

If England win Group 😧

June 29: England vs Group F runners-up (Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary), 5pm at Wembley. 

If England finish Group D runners-up:

June 28: England vs Group E runners-up (Spain, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia), 6pm in Copenhagen.  

Bizarre isn't it. This is a good group to finish 2nd in! England and Belgium had the same in Russia - 2nd place led to an easier path. They met in the final group game with both already through and Belgium won 1-0.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

A Kane goal would net me a decent win off a free bet but equally I'd probably prefer an equaliser.

Yeah 1-0 is about the worst result. Either England get another couple or Croatia sneak a draw.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Idiots watching a football game through their phones - should’ve stayed at home 

Crazy. Even if it was a replay (which I doubt) how can you enjoy a game poised at seconds notice to get a rerun on your phone?

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

I would always sing it just because it is the anthem but I'd personally prefer us to have a different song. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

One thing that is notable about the England team is the number of players who play for less fashionable teams. Compare that to Scotland where half a season of first team football for one of the Old Firm is likely to see a player into the starting 11 and little chance we would start a game with players from Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell and St Johnstone say in our starting line up.

Most of the England team are from the bigger clubs, hefty amount of it from Man City and Chelsea. Mings, Pickford, and Phillips are the only ones I’d put in that category and the one foreign based player plays for the Spanish champions. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Prefer Scotland the Brave.

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Most of the England team are from the bigger clubs, hefty amount of it from Man City and Chelsea. Mings, Pickford, and Phillips are the only ones I’d put in that category and the one foreign based player plays for the Spanish champions. 

Rice?

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Rashford* comes on. Never mind man of the moment. Man of the year....

Meanwhile Jenas is away looking for a box of Kleenex.

*fully behind Rashford in his non football role but we don't need it rammed down our throats by these sycophantic  fuds.

Jenus just said. "England are winning. It's a beautiful thing."

Jesus H Christ. 

careful dude, Karl Cade Marx will be on your case. 

Class of 75
10 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Totally agree. 

Maroon Sailor

The grass has grown half a millimetre by the looks of it since that England goal

😴

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I fear for Stephen O'Donnell and Hanley or Cooper at Wembley :laugh:

Me too. O'Donnell will get torn up. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Prefer Scotland the Brave.

Or Scots Wha Hae A bit of history to it. 

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree. 

Do you, aye. You can sing 'Your Anthem' every time England play. Leave Scotland to Scots. 🖕

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

An underwhelming 1-0 for England is just about the worst way this could have gone 😐

Maroon Sailor

They should make a video of this. It'll be like a prescribed drug for insomniacs

This guy Bellingham looks the biscuits.  17 years old.

Bet he's not on £1,000 a week.

HartleyLegend3

It's not been a great game, maybe the heat has had something to do with that. But I thought Croatia never got out of 1st gear. 

But I'll guess the "British" media will whip up the English fans and have them believing they have already won the tournament.. 

Francis Albert

Forward's effort to get to.that a bit half hearted.At least make the keeper worry.

Edited by Francis Albert

Savage Vince
23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The runner up of Germany, France or Portugal I think.

That'll explain why Croatia seem to happy to let them win then 😁

Just now, HartleyLegend3 said:

It's not been a great game, maybe the heat has had something to do with that. But I thought Croatia never got out of 1st gear. 

But I'll guess the "British" media will whip up the English fans and have them believing they have already won the tournament.. 

And we all know how that ends 🤣🤣

To describe the Croatia build-up play as "patient" would be understatement of the year. They played the last half hour of that game as if they weren't that bothered with a 1-0 defeat. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Ach, glass half full; win by scoring 2 tomorrow and we're top of the group. Be surprised if a team has ever not qualified with this 24 team format after being top after the first game. That's the positivity I'm bringing 😄

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s a first game. In 30 degree heat. They did a job. If we do that I’ll be delighted.

I'll be delighted too, but I won't be claiming we were excellent.

England are worse than Hibs when it comes to confidence especially amongst their fans. “Footballs coming Home”:facepalm:

Big game of the day coming up for me. The wife got North Macedonia in her work sweep 😄 Still, it adds a wee bit of interest outside of the Scotland games. I'll be pleased just to see them score once 😄.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Feeling quite optimistic after watching that.

Feeling like I've slipped into a coma. Bloody boring.

I've only seen the last 20 minutes.  I'll watch the whole game later in the morning.  My particular focus will be on Modric.  For me, he is massively over-rated but happy if he proves me wrong.

For what it’s worth I thought both teams were ordinary today and I also thought that Sterling was absolutely gash, I hope he starts on Friday. Let their little hype train runaway 👍🏻