Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• milky_26

• Cade

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, HMFC01 said:

First time I've yawned during a euro game so far.    Could be the heat. 

not as bad as the wales switzerland game, i fell asleep during that, but it is getting that way

England, pass pass pass, go backwards, opposition line push up, long baw in behind. Honestly, England could put an insomniac to sleep. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Sterling is not English by birth or blood. What bit of that don't you get? Your whatabouterry on the Scotland team failed. 

It doesn’t matter two hoots. Sterling has a British passport and chooses to play for a country he is a citizen of. 

AlphonseCapone

We'll need to be really careful that we withstand that 15 minute onslaught against them as well. Get through that and you've got a chance. 

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sterling is not English by birth or blood. What bit of that don't you get? Your whatabouterry on the Scotland team failed. 

He's British by British Government rules. He's English by FIFA rules. What bit of that don't you get? You can tell his country is England by turning on your TV and seeing him play for England.

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Fucus sake pal give it a rest .

Captain Scarlett
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Can they have a German passport too, Captain? 

No British forces babies 😀😀

Japan Jambo
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Commentators less assured. Fans less assured. Players less assured. Only 35 minutes into the tournament. 

Not sure why, thought they'd already won it?

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Accidental though, never a yellow 

Aye, fair play, I thought you were referring to the foul

Sterling's got 3 EPL titles, 1 FA Cup title, 4 League Cup titles, 61 England caps and an MBE given to him by The Queen.

What have you got?

This is boring. 👎

The most exciting thing is guessing how Pickford is going poorly distribute the ball from the next passback.

51 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There is a tolerance to the size of a pitch so it can differ by 50 yards in width and 30 yards in length (iirc)

105m x 68m is what UEFA want. 

Wembley’s pitch dimensions the same as every other host stadium. Lampard talking nonsense if he thinks it’s a bigger pitch!

Maroon Sailor

First 20 minutes England were all over them

The rest of the half file under paint drying

SwindonJambo
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Scottish parents make him a Scot. 

Mate, grow up! Do you believe that an ethnicity test should be needed to represent a country?

The rules:

If you are born abroad and hold UK nationality then you can play for any of the 4 home nations you please. Sterling has lived in England since 5yo so it's the obvious choice, though he could have just as easily picked one of the 3 others. Ethnicity is irrelevant.

Deal with it!

Just now, Cade said:

Sterling's got 3 EPL titles, 1 FA Cup title, 4 League Cup titles, 61 England caps and an MBE given to him by The Queen.

What have you got?

I've got an English great granny and was born in Britain, Mack. What you got?

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the commentators whipping themselves into a frenzy expecting trippier to score, then puts it into the wall

Then Jenas advises us that if it hadn't hit the wall then it would have gone in the top corner, despite the angle of the replay not giving him any ability to make that judgement. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Taffin said:

This is boring. 👎

The most exciting thing is guessing how Pickford is going poorly distribute the ball from the next passback.

Pickford would have been 3rd choice out of the three they have in the squad.

Henderson and Johnson are better keepers for me

1 minute ago, kila said:

105m x 68m is what UEFA want. 

Wembley’s pitch dimensions the same as every other host stadium. Lampard talking nonsense if he thinks it’s a bigger pitch!

Also the same size as nearly every EPL stadium so normal to the players. 

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

What have you got?

I agree with your stance (I think) but Sir Alex Ferguson has been knighted by the Queen and probably won more than two dozen trophies but he’s still Scottish :lol: 

Just now, King prawn said:

I agree with your stance (I think) but Sir Alex Ferguson has been knighted by the Queen and probably won more than two dozen trophies but he’s still Scottish :lol: 

I think Fergie's lack of England Caps is what means he may not be English.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Mate, grow up! Do you believe that an ethnicity test should be needed to represent a country?

The rules:

If you are born abroad and hold UK nationality then you can play for any of the 4 home nations you please. Sterling has lived in England since 5yo so it's the obvious choice, though he could have just as easily picked one of the 3 others. Ethnicity is irrelevant.

Deal with it!

I don't go with residency qualification alone myself (some blood or birth needed) but that's just me. Each to their own. 

Shearer and Lamps must be watching a different game. England started well but they've been utter pony after the first 15 mins.

Croatia poor too.

Just a poor game, shite atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Pickford would have been 3rd choice out of the three they have in the squad.

Henderson and Johnson are better keepers for me

Agreed. Pickford also comes across as a knob.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Shearer and Lamps must be watching a different game. England started well but they've been utter pony after the first 15 mins.

Croatia poor too.

Just a poor game, shite atmosphere.

The atmosphere is so flat. Turning up expecting to see the best team in the world and being served up this will do that to the fans though.

False expectations.

Nookie Bear
Just now, JackLadd said:

Alex bleedin Scott time again. 

What about her?

I never watch the pre game or half time chat - all a bit tedious and predictable. 

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The atmosphere is so flat. Turning up expecting to see the best team in the world and being served up this will do that to the fans though.

False expectations.

Yep. Feeling all the excitement of a behind closed doors games. Pretty tedious.