Club or country

Hairdryer

Def Club, Scotland team over the years has lacked the passion it used to have, tied in with the favouritism and cronyism when it comes to player / manager selection from the Blazers.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• martoon

• Last Laff

• Forever Hearts

I'd say Scotland are where Hearts were in the late seventies early eighties. Hence the apathy. Fluking a place in a 24 team Euro competition isn't going to change that.

Been at Tynecastle with less than 4K regularly, same feeling with this Scotland team. 

No Idle Talk

Scotland did themselves proud tonight and put in a very courageous and admirable performance at Wembley against a very good England side.

What am I doing right now?

Wearing maroon, listening to levels, and watching old Hearts goals.

So yeah. Club over country.

Forever Hearts
12 hours ago, westbow said:

I'd say Scotland are where Hearts were in the late seventies early eighties. Hence the apathy. Fluking a place in a 24 team Euro competition isn't going to change that.

Been at Tynecastle with less than 4K regularly, same feeling with this Scotland team. 

Fluking? 

Watched the game and just can't get on the bandwagon of being so proud of the boys and all that. Thought it was a terrible game between 2 rather shite teams. Looked like everyone that travelled had a good time but I just can't get into the spirit of International football.

Edited by Section N Rules

Independence

I still dont understand why we are being asked to choose. Hearts will always be my favourite club and I am Scottish so I support Scotland. I want them both to win every game in equal measures. Simples! 

Independence
1 hour ago, Section N Rules said:

Watched the game and just can't get on the bandwagon of being so proud of the boys and all that. Thought it was a terrible game between 2 rather shite teams. Looked like everyone that travelled had a good time but I just can't get into the spirit of International football.

...and thats your choice! I do feel sorry for you though as you are missing out on a lot! It's called passion for your club and country. Strange that you watched the game? You dont have to! Scotlands tactics, against a far superior , man for man, team were spot on and each player gave 100%, thats all I ask for. A win is always the icing on the cake. I have been to many Hearts European and Scotland away games. They were all fantastic, win or loose . I guess I am getting the best of both worlds. 

1 minute ago, Independence said:

...and thats your choice! I do feel sorry for you though as you are missing out on a lot! It's called passion for your club and country. Strange that you watched the game? You dont have to! Scotlands tactics, against a far superior , man for man, team were spot on and each player gave 100%, thats all I ask for. A win is always the icing on the cake. I have been to many Hearts European and Scotland away games. They were all fantastic, win or loose . I guess I am getting the best of both worlds. 

Why is it strange I watched the game? I've watched many football games on tv over the years that mean nothing to me. Can honestly say I've never felt I've missed out on anything by not following the national team.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are part of the game. They are nothing to do with luck. 

And we major unluckily lost a last minute goal away to Serbia. 

1 minute ago, Section N Rules said:

Why is it strange I watched the game? I've watched many football games on tv over the years that mean nothing to me. Can honestly say I've never felt I've missed out on anything by not following the national team.

You didn't move at all when we nearly scored twice last night?  I find that baffling to believe. 

Abiola Dauda

When I was a kid it was definitely Scotland over Hearts. I wasn't brought up as a Hearts fan and chose to support us because my family moved to Edinburgh. I would always be passionate about Scotland at any sport but especially football. 

It was the first Craig Levein era where I really started to fall in love with Hearts. The club brought me loads of great days out and loads of fantastic results to enjoy. 

Scotland meanwhile were continually pish and I think lots of people have become apathetic having had nothing to celebrate for decades.  Im trying very hard to "reconnect" with them now though. 

11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You didn't move at all when we nearly scored twice last night?  I find that baffling to believe. 

Moved my arm to pick up my drink probably.

1 hour ago, Section N Rules said:

We made them look boring and ordinary.  It would be the equivalent of us getting a draw against Arsenal and how good it was when we drew against Liverpool or Spurs reserves, the difference being the draw means something last night. 

2 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Moved my arm to pick up my drink probably.

I can't personally understand that but fair enough. 

17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I can't personally understand that but fair enough. 

As I've said International just don't do anything for me. It was just a game of football to me, I had no emotional attachment to it. 

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

As I've said International just don't do anything for me. It was just a game of football to me, I had no emotional attachment to it. 

So if Scotland had scored a last minute winner you wouldn't have moved? You'd just have sat there, emotionless? 

20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So if Scotland had scored a last minute winner you wouldn't have moved? You'd just have sat there, emotionless? 

Yes. I would have been happy for them but i wouldn't be jumping about mad or screaming at the TV.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Abiola Dauda said:

When I was a kid it was definitely Scotland over Hearts. I wasn't brought up as a Hearts fan and chose to support us because my family moved to Edinburgh. I would always be passionate about Scotland at any sport but especially football. 

It was the first Craig Levein era where I really started to fall in love with Hearts. The club brought me loads of great days out and loads of fantastic results to enjoy. 

Scotland meanwhile were continually pish and I think lots of people have become apathetic having had nothing to celebrate for decades.  Im trying very hard to "reconnect" with them now though. 

Same about trying to reconnect. The mergence of Gilmour, Robertson, Tierney, McTominay and I would say Hickey will come into contention for RB, CB or LB, plus maybe Turnbull is a really good core that could be together for a long time. For far too long we've had a team of 30 year olds.

Hearts should look at the way the Scottish support could be galvanised by an injection of youth.

davemclaren

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same about trying to reconnect. The mergence of Gilmour, Robertson, Tierney, McTominay and I would say Hickey will come into contention for RB, CB or LB, plus maybe Turnbull is a really good core that could be together for a long time. For far too long we've had a team of 30 year olds.

Hearts should look at the way the Scottish support could be galvanised by an injection of youth.

And a positive result

On 12/06/2021 at 00:22, jack D and coke said:

Imagine the huns having to deal with that..Scottish people utterly raging that Scotland have done well cos of kaffliks. 

You know they’re just waiting on Scotland failing. Deary me…

Just like we were raging at  Aribo , Kamara Balagon and many more who won the League Title .

Away and behave yourself 🙄

What a daft argument and it comes up so often on here. There is no conflict between supporting Hearts and supporting Scotland. They don’t play each other, they don’t impact on each other in any way. Hearts winning doesn’t hurt Scotland. Scotland winning doesn’t hurt Hearts. Therefore I can quite properly passionately support Hearts and Scotland in equal measure. I scorn those who want Hearts to fail as much as I scorn those who want Scotland to fail. Scottish people who want Scotland to fail ? Nut just Dinnae even talk to me 

Edited by JimmyCant

19 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

What a daft argument and it comes up so often on here. There is no conflict between supporting Hearts and supporting Scotland. They don’t play each other, they don’t impact on each other in any way. Hearts winning doesn’t hurt Scotland. Scotland winning doesn’t hurt Hearts. Therefore I can quite properly passionately support Hearts and Scotland in equal measure. I scorn those who want Hearts to fail as much as I scorn those who want Scotland to fail. Scottish people who want Scotland to fail ? Nut just Dinnae even talk to me 

What about Hearts players getting injured whilst on international duty?

🤪

Club for me, however I am definitely more connected with the national team than I have been for a long time, to be honest if it was the choice between League cup for Hearts and a world cup for Scotland, I am plumping for the world cup, the league title would be a completely different scenario though

19 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Good post. As for the phenomenon to which you refer near the end - we certainly do live in a very strange country.

Forever Hearts
38 minutes ago, westbow said:

Nah. Might as well draw lots or toss a coin. 

Nah, it's a skill and part of the game. Drawing lots and tossing a coin isn't (apart from the ref at the start of the game). 

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nah, it's a skill and part of the game. Drawing lots and tossing a coin isn't (apart from the ref at the start of the game). 

Quit it, I’m running out of synonyms for spawnyness 😂 😉 

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, westbow said:

Quit it, I’m running out of synonyms for spawnyness 😂 😉 

😂👍

Hearts win a major trophy, or Scotland?  Hearts every time.  It isn’t even a dilemma for me. 

Edited by Paolo

coatbridgejambo

Club

But the euro's and world cup are the 2 best footballing competitions on the planet.imo ofcourse. 

Love these international tournaments 

Maroon Sailor

You can measure club or country like this

What match would you prefer to go to ?

Sunderland v Hearts friendly or

Scotland v Denmark friendly

I think you will have your answer whether you prefer club or country

jack D and coke
On 20/06/2021 at 13:54, Largo said:

Just like we were raging at  Aribo , Kamara Balagon and many more who won the League Title .

Away and behave yourself 🙄

Lol how have I just noticed this. Don’t come on here lecturing me ya hun prick. The mental gymnastics you must have to jump through now you have more tims than celtic to win your league titles :lol:  The world would be a better place without you lot and that other arse cheek🖕🏼🖕🏼

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Lol how have I just noticed this. Don’t come on here lecturing me ya hun prick. The mental gymnastics you must have to jump through now you have more tims than celtic to win your league titles :lol:  The world would be a better place without you lot and that other arse cheek🖕🏼🖕🏼

Cringing for you with that kind of talk.😚 So tough and edgy.😂

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Cringing for you with that kind of talk.😚 So tough and edgy.😂

😘

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve posted on here for a while now as I enjoy to see what other fans take on Scottish football, I have never abused of tried to lecture anyone. I commented on your post as I find it sad that you think players are judged by their faith.

p.s. I hope you enjoy the summer holidays when your school breaks up  👍

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Largo said:

I’ve posted on here for a while now as I enjoy to see what other fans take on Scottish football, I have never abused of tried to lecture anyone. I commented on your post as I find it sad that you think players are judged by their faith.

Ignore him. He's utterly obsessed with Rangers and has to tell us all 20 times a day how much he hates them. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Largo said:

Ok apologies. Got a bee in my bunnet with Rangers fans and Scotland these days. 
Have a good day👍🏼

William H. Bonney
5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can measure club or country like this

What match would you prefer to go to ?

Sunderland v Hearts friendly or

Scotland v Denmark friendly

I think you will have your answer whether you prefer club or country

Not really. Hearts friendlies are awful. I’d much rather attend a Scotland friendly. 

On 11/06/2021 at 18:38, Hairdryer said:

With euro 2020 just beginning i find it difficult to get so excited about my country participating in the tournament compared to watching hearts, the plus point is i can watch a scotland match more relaxed is anyone else of the same opinion 

Been off the K/Back scene for a few weeks so here's my tuppence worth, I have to admit after turning my back on the National Team I had to accept the buzz got to me and due to my lads getting keen for the competition that added to the whole factor.

Where I stay, just like other areas in the Country the Scottish Saltire and the Royal Lion Rampant flew from windows, fences, sheds and trampolines in support of the team but despite the lousy results and the comedown from being dismissed I dare say the same feel good factor will return for Scotlands next big game.

Will Country come before club ?

No, definitely not, Heart of Midlothian Football Club for ever. 

I support Hearts. For Scotland I take nothing more than a keen interest in their results. 

At the current time I'm hugely pessimistic about both teams ability to get results. The big difference is that it hurts when Hearts are shit but I can quite easily brush off Scotland results.