Club or country

Hairdryer

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I love the Scotland thing, I love that all your mates are pulling in the same direction for once, everyone in the pub's on the same side.

I love both

👏🏼👏🏼This in spades
Ive got loads of hibby pals and a few tims and huns and all that and I loved the Scotland trips just for the carry on and like you say everyone supporting. We had some amazing trips with Scotland. 

Edited by jack D and coke

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• martoon

• Last Laff

• Forever Hearts

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I think he may have been gutted watching Hearts lads getting overlooked for years until they pulled on a Glasgow blouse, then came automatic caps🤮

Tosh McKinlay was the absolute worst. About two weeks at Celtic and a Scotland cap. 

Maroon Sailor

Club without a doubt but would like Scotland to achieve something - like get out the piggin group !

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearts first for me 

Exactly right.  I'll be pleased if Scotland do well but not demented if they don't.

Absolutely hate it when Hearts are poor.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I think he may have been gutted watching Hearts lads getting overlooked for years until they pulled on a Glasgow blouse, then came automatic caps🤮

Weren’t we all, especially Robbo, definitely part of it. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Weren’t we all, especially Robbo, definitely part of it. 

Robbo was around at a time of good Scotland strikers. He was unfortunate. 
I love the wee man to death but he wasn’t better than Mo Johnston imo and was a pure penalty box player at a time when that kind of player was dying out in the game. Especially at international level and even more especially for us as a nation. 
Hearts win plums generally and had won plums for donkeys years around that time. The strikers who went played at higher level is the cold hard facts tbh as good a season as he had that WC year. 
He should’ve got more caps but definitely in the years previous. As the 90’s wore on he was never good enough imo. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

You really should be at ibrox pal. 

Really? 😂Why? 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Aye but unlike you he's a Hearts fan. 

Stay classy.  👌

Can I say Scotland winning the World Cup over and club team ever winning the league? 

Edited by Last Laff

You can wholeheartedly support both🍻

This, if scotland score I'll jump about just as much as I would if Hearts score

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Club every single time, bar none. 

Hearts or Scotland?  Not even close for me.  :whistling:

heartsfc_fan

Club.

Actually went off Scotland for a while with the garbage we had served up before Clarke came in.

Certainly more enthusiastic about the team.

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I shall, again unlike you. 

In what way exactly?  Come on a thread asking for opinions and one you don’t like you act a dick? Nae worries. 

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Club.

Actually went off Scotland for a while with the garbage we had served up before Clarke came in.

Certainly more enthusiastic about the team.

That’s the key.  The better the country does the more people will get behind and get together.  My kids care about football away from fifa for the first time ever apart from when we watch hearts on tv with balloons etc that lasts five mins. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Hearts win the league or Scotland win the World cup? Not even a choice in my eyes. 

Hearts win a throw-in

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

Heart of midlothian fc is the team for me.

Love my country too but it's not quite the same levels of love.

Time for the country to make us feel in love with them National level again then.

I wonder how Serbians feel?  Djokovic in the semis pumping Nadal or Serbia at the finals.  

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Hearts win a throw-in

You’ll change your win if we win on Monday and take the lead over England ;) 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

You’ll change your win if we win on Monday and take the lead over England ;) 

Ha ha  yeah you know it:D

Club first and foremost. Was a time where it was both equally but various factors ebbed that away.

In saying that though, the big pull for the national team, as others have mentioned, is being able to enjoy it with your mates either at a game or in the pub. 

But, the overall feeling of belonging, excitement, hurt, passion, memories, traditions, etc. burn way stronger for Hearts. I mean come on ... that badge, that glorious colour, the surroundings, the walk up Dalry and Gorgie Rd, catching a wiff of the distillery, seeing the floodlights and stanchions piercing the skyline, the anticipation of waiting to get in, the noise of the turnstiles clicking, the steady rumble of chatter in the concourse giving way to the sound generated in those Munro esq inclined stands, the chills and anticipation when you hear the first few chords of that accordion, that song (our song and no others!), that wall of noise when it gets going, that name ...... Heart of Midlothian!!! 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I support both but get more pleasure and upset through supporting Hearts. 

I would go further and say that if Scotland lose then I don't really give a damn. Nice to see us win though.

Hearts is a different kettle of fish. A bad result can lead to a bad week, longer if it's a particularly bad result.

Forever Hearts
34 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Really? 😂Why? 

He won't be able to back his ridiculous statement up.😂

Tosh McKinlay was the absolute worst. About two weeks at Celtic and a Scotland cap. 

Iirc, he hadn't actually played for Celtic when he was selected.

Signing for them was enough.

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Club, but since Ann and Co have made me hate Hearts, I'll go for country. 

You hate Hearts so you are no longer a Hearts fan 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, The Treasurer said:

You hate Hearts so you are no longer a Hearts fan 

Is that the rules?

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Italy!

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye ok :lol: He knows and you know. The stuff he came out with sounds like yir run of the mill Scotland hating Hun pish
I just didn’t care enough to respond further. 

All about Hearts for me.

Hope Scotland do well but it won't impact on me at all if they don't.

Roxburgh/Broon and their disregard for Robbo sickened me. 3 starts, 2 goals; John proved he could do it at that level but it still wasn't enough.

Honestly wish I felt the Scotland thing a bit more.

Times change though and I like Stevie Clarke. Would be nice to progress from the group. That, alongside some good performances, would be a boost for the country. Qualification certainly had an impact.

The Hogfather

The fact I've never been to an international football match and made no effort to change that kinda tells the full story. Hearts first and last for me.

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The fact I've never been to an international football match and made no effort to change that kinda tells the full story. Hearts first and last for me.

The 1989 World Youth Cup semi at Tynecastle apart, I'm the same.

I lived in Dalry Road at the time so there was little effort involved. Not even a bus ride. 

😊

Edited by martoon

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Which would you prefer? League for me. 

Oh aye league. To be honest I’d rather Hearts won the league cup than Scotland win the World Cup. 

The Hogfather
Just now, martoon said:

The 1989 World Youth Cup semi at Tynecastle apart, I'm the same.

I honestly just find international football to be a bit of an annoying distraction from the football I actively enjoy.

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

All about Hearts for me.

Hope Scotland do well but it won't impact on me at all if they don't.

Roxburgh/Broon and their disregard for Robbo sickened me. 3 starts, 2 goals; John proved he could do it at that level but it still wasn't enough.

Honestly wish I felt the Scotland thing a bit more.

Times change though and I like Stevie Clarke. Would be nice to progress from the group. That, alongside some good performances, would be a boost for the country. Qualification certainly had an impact.

Have to agree, the way Robbo was treated turned me away from the national team. Still want my country to win but it doesn't mean as much as Hearts winning 

Howdy Doody Jambo
28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Exactly he will be on the irn bru and shortbread the night 

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I honestly just find international football to be a bit of an annoying distraction from the football I actively enjoy.

Aye.

An apathy for international football in general contributes to my lack of interest.

I'll watch the Euro's but only because it's free to air and there's no Hearts for another month.

glynnlondon
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

56DB653C-3E2C-41FC-8149-222A234F91BC.jpeg

I don't get that one tbf.

Surely they'd be happy enough with ROI not being there ?

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hearts winning the champions league or Scotland winning the Euros. Definitely the first for me

I want Scotland to do well but Hearts winning the League Cup would probably mean more to me. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Exactly he will be on the irn bru and shortbread the night 

Prosecco and ching actually. Scoattish Prosecco and scoattish ching. 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Have to agree, the way Robbo was treated turned me away from the national team. Still want my country to win but it doesn't mean as much as Hearts winning 

I want Scotland to win too but it will be pretty much stress free viewing for me.

Pleased if we win; shoulder shrug if we don't.

Italy look very good, btw.

glynnlondon

The public in England haven't been that bothered really since 02 Korea/Japan.

Apart from the kids the levels of excitement of Italia 90 or Euro 96 are long gone.

As much as I can say only Hearts and I don’t like international football who I’m I kidding off course I support Scotland  and want to win games and support a team full of Celtic players with Aberdeen and Hibs players also in it . The National team have pissed me off for years but since Clarke has came in and looking at the current group of players it’s probably the best squad of players we have had in a long time . 

come on Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

jack D and coke
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Robbo a pure penalty box striker? 

Sorry but you’re way off there. 

Ok but that’s my opinion. Where else could he have played? Newcastle tried him in midfield. In a sort of inside forward position IIRC. You wouldn’t waste him anywhere else imo. 

Sounds like I’m about the only one who still thinks Steve Clarke is gormless twat? A penalty save against Serbia won’t change my mind. Just can’t take to the guy. Fair play he’s a very good tactician but he’s got the best pool of players we’ve had in years to choose from. Full of Premier League talent, two Champs League winners and Man Utds player of the year.