Club or country

Hairdryer

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

I don't get that one tbf.

Surely they'd be happy enough with ROI not being there ?

Haha😉

They’re absolutely tragic wankers so they are. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• martoon

• Last Laff

• Forever Hearts

jack D and coke
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

He played fantastically all over the park. 

He was never fit at Newcastle. 

Not out for an argument mate but to describe Robbo as merely a penalty box striker is an insult in my opinion. 

McCoist was. Robbo was a fantastic all round footballer. 

I’m not dissing Robbo in the slightest, I never would he was one of my heroes bud I love him. I’m not looking for an argument either😘
He could play alright but he was deadly in front of goal and lost some mobility as he got a bit older.  Anywhere else would’ve been an utter waste. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Sounds like I’m about the only one who still thinks Steve Clarke is gormless twat? A penalty save against Serbia won’t change my mind. Just can’t take to the guy. Fair play he’s a very good tactician but he’s got the best pool of players we’ve had in years to choose from. Full of Premier League talent, two Champs League winners and Man Utds player of the year. 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

I don’t think you are alone. Sounds daft but take that penalty save out and I don’t think Clarke has been that impressive. 

He’s too negative (not playing Armstrong for example). 

He has however done what no-one has done since 1998 so for that he deserves a knighthood 😄

Him not playing Armstrong is a real bugbear of mine. He’s no tactical genius and is a bit overly negative imo but he’s the one who’s finally got us there I guess. He can really cement his place if he gets us out a group too I suppose. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I know you’re not dissing him mate. 

Robbo’s the hero for loads of us who watched his entire career. 

Jock Stein was right. Robbo was better than Nicholas, McCoist etc. They just got picked more because of who they played for. 

Jock Stein said that did he? Oh well that’s some praise right there. Personally I thought they were all good at the time. Johnston, McCoist etc 
I rated Robbo very highly and defo playing for Hearts didn’t help getting caps. 
I guess we all know that. 

jamtartan74

I’m as passionate about Scotland as I am for Hearts, I love the international breaks, followed Scotland abroad many a time and had fantastic trips away most of which I hardly remember mind you 😁. Absolutely buzzing for this tournament and think we have a very good team that is capable of a couple of shocks in this group, call me mad but I think we have a good chance of getting a result at Wembley, England don’t impress me all that much, some real quality in their squad but they don’t look a great team 🤷🏻‍♂️

C’MON SCOTLAAAAAAAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Predator/striker wise I'd say:

1= McCoist 

= Robbo

3. Johnston

Outwith that I'd say:

1. Johnston

2. Robbo

3. McCoist.

Depending on the opposition, tactics, venue etc. all three could have played an equal part offering different things.

If John had signed for Rangers, Souness did make Newcastle an offer, that would have happened, imo.

Nevertheless, John Robertson is a Hearts legend and is loved by all. Even my nephew, born in 2003, adores the wee man.

My old mum loves him to bits.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Robbo was around at a time of good Scotland strikers. He was unfortunate. 
I love the wee man to death but he wasn’t better than Mo Johnston imo and was a pure penalty box player at a time when that kind of player was dying out in the game. Especially at international level and even more especially for us as a nation. 
Hearts win plums generally and had won plums for donkeys years around that time. The strikers who went played at higher level is the cold hard facts tbh as good a season as he had that WC year. 
He should’ve got more caps but definitely in the years previous. As the 90’s wore on he was never good enough imo. 

I think he was a better all round player than McCoist but maybe didn’t quite have the same hunger to score as many goals as possible, if he had 4 he wanted 5. He was better than Mcinally for instance. If he had to went to the uglies he would’ve had 50 caps. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he was a better all round player than McCoist but maybe didn’t quite have the same hunger to score as many goals as possible, if he had 4 he wanted 5. He was better than Mcinally for instance. If he had to went to the uglies he would’ve had 50 caps. 

I loved Robbo man. McInally went to italia 90 as a different option I think. Mo Johnston was Scotland’s main man then and he was very good. 
Nobody would argue with your last point sadly. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Aye. Big Jock was asked who the best striker was. Robbo was his answer.  

I’ve never heard that before. 
We won’t ever see another Robbo I don’t think. 

Class of 75

Club for me. When I was younger followed Scotland and loved wearing the strip. Now I feel disconnected and not that fussed. 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

With euro 2020 just beginning i find it difficult to get so excited about my country participating in the tournament compared to watching hearts, the plus point is i can watch a scotland match more relaxed is anyone else of the same opinion 

I'll watch most, if not all of the games throughout the tournament and will be hoping Scotland can do as well as possible. However, if they don't play well or lose games I won't get upset about it. Whereas with Hearts it can take the best part of a week to get over a bad result, and the highs are very special.

Das Viertel Hearts

Scotland forever!!! 😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I love the Scotland thing, I love that all your mates are pulling in the same direction for once, everyone in the pub's on the same side.

I love both

Not in all Glasgow pubs where for ridiculous religious and political shit some Rangers fans support England and Celtic fans support Eire! 😏

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Here we go again. Thought trolling was against the rules???? 

It is, and it has never stopped the OP.

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Club.

For years I though that was what Hans Goering was saying in Allo, Allo in reply to "Heil Hitler".

The show had long since ended before I realised it was 'tler, all along.

Now that's what you call going off topic. 😊

Just now, martoon said:

For years I though that was what Hans Goering was saying in Allo, Allo in reply to "Heil Hitler".

The show had long since ended before I realised it was 'tler, all along.

Now that's what you call going off topic. 😊

😆

’Off topic’ is a bit of a speciality of yours, Mart.

Just now, Morgan said:

😆

’Off topic’ is a bit of a speciality of yours, Mart.

Guilty, M'lord.

Just now, martoon said:

Guilty, M'lord.

You’re pardoned, sir.

On the very grounds that you’re extremely good at it.

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not in all Glasgow pubs where for ridiculous religious and political shit some Rangers fans support England and Celtic fans support Eire! 😏

It’s the thing where I used to always think Rangers fans were better than Celtic’s.  
Sadly it’s not the case anymore. They’re bigger “victims” than Celtic now ffs. 
Or that’s their excuse anyway. 

Edited by jack D and coke

My half sister
26 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Club for me. When I was younger followed Scotland and loved wearing the strip. Now I feel disconnected and not that fussed. 

this 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You can wholeheartedly support both🍻

This, these threads drag all the bitter wee men out 

Edited by Hesh

Guest ToqueJambo

Both. Scotland has been a painful watch for many years though. More so than us the last couple of years. If I had to choose Hearts winning the league or Scotland winning a tournament ut would be tough but I'd probably go for the latter. Hearts have won the league before even though I never saw it and I've experienced the extreme highs of winning something in 98 and 2012. Plus we have a realistic chance of winning something every season. 

Scotland winning a tournament would be a genuine once in a hundred lifetimes thing. If Greece and Denmark can we can with a bit of luck. We'll probably never have a better chance than this tournament.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Both. Scotland has been a painful watch for many years though. More so than us the last couple of years. If I had to choose Hearts winning the league or Scotland winning a tournament ut would be tough but I'd probably go for the latter. Hearts have won the league before even though I never saw it and I've experienced the extreme highs of winning something in 98 and 2012. Plus we have a realistic chance of winning something every season. 

Scotland winning a tournament would be a genuine once in a hundred lifetimes thing. If Greece and Denmark can we can with a bit of luck. We'll probably never have a better chance than this tournament.

Good post. 
The thing that just isn’t clear to convey is there doesn’t have to be any real decision to make:lol: I desperately want both to do well. 

You can properly support both. 

Broxburn Jambo

Love my club without any doubts

Enjoy a Scotland win but never react the same to a defeat the same

Enjoy watching as a neutral International tournaments for the difference in each country's style

Will watch the Copa America as well

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Love my club without any doubts

Enjoy a Scotland win but never react the same to a defeat the same

Enjoy watching as a neutral International tournaments for the difference in each country's style

Will watch the Copa America as well

Same. Scotland defeats never bother me as much despite me desperately wanting them to win. No idea why, I suppose Hearts have got under my skin more. Or I just expect a Scotland defeat and expect a Hearts win.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same. Scotland defeats never bother me as much despite me desperately wanting them to win. No idea why, I suppose Hearts have got under my skin more. Or I just expect a Scotland defeat and expect a Hearts win.

Thats my take on it 👍

34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re pardoned, sir.

On the very grounds that you’re extremely good at it.

🤣😊

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Club, but since Ann and Co have made me hate Hearts, I'll go for country. 

For real??? No person/people could do this to me😕

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Stay classy.  👌

Can I say Scotland winning the World Cup over and club team ever winning the league? 

I know you’re a good Jambo pal👍🏼

alwaysthereinspirit

I support most any individual or team wearing the Lion Rampant or Thistle on their shirt.

The Scottish football team not so much.

Hearts to win the league or Scotland the World Cup?

Hearts every time and twice on Sunday.

SFA can go do one.

Savage Vince

Always Hearts first but I wouldn't mind getting more into Scotland. I attended a match recently and enjoyed it. Not really any hate figures in the squad now and the manager is likeable, for a dour sod. 

Plus, its hard supporting Hearts just now. The negativity and poison  amongst the support is chronic, I could do with a wee flirt elsewhere. 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Robbo was around at a time of good Scotland strikers. He was unfortunate. 
I love the wee man to death but he wasn’t better than Mo Johnston imo and was a pure penalty box player at a time when that kind of player was dying out in the game. Especially at international level and even more especially for us as a nation. 
Hearts win plums generally and had won plums for donkeys years around that time. The strikers who went played at higher level is the cold hard facts tbh as good a season as he had that WC year. 
He should’ve got more caps but definitely in the years previous. As the 90’s wore on he was never good enough imo. 

Put the same Robbo, with the same goal rate but wearing a Newco or Celtic top and yer arse is oot the windae with that reasoning. No way an OF player with his prowess doesn’t get 50 caps.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Put the same Robbo, with the same goal rate but wearing a Newco or Celtic top and yer arse is oot the windae with that reasoning. No way an OF player with his prowess doesn’t get 50 caps.

Im not gonna diss Robbo bud. I do agree with you really.
At the time we had some pretty decent strikers though. 

There's literally no need to choose. 

Hearts mean the world to me, they affect my mood for days, sometimes weeks win or lose and I'm far more involved on a day to day basis.

Scotland it feels more intense in terms of nothing happens for months then huge highs and lows, mainly lows. But it means, just like Hearts, that the highs feel even better.

I follow both home and away, and am absolutely buzzing for Monday.

Unknown user

I'd take Scotland winning the World Cup over anything.

I was in Denmark the night they won the euros, I would LOVE to see that here, everyone, everywhere going absolutely radge!

I'm going to enjoy my dreams tonight

For 40 years it was Scotland above Hearts, albeit I still worshipped both. Member of the travel club for thirty years and watched Scotland home and away. After last year still adamant I won't line the SFA's pockets with my cash again. Still love the national team but pub from now on for me. Hearts first for me now.

iwasthere1954
5 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

I love hearts and I love Scotland. I suspect the op only loves hearts, which is quite sad. 

Why is that sad. I've been going Scotland games for over 50 years and to be honest the buzz I get from Hearts winning far outweighs a Scotland win. Then again maybe that's just me. 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd take Scotland winning the World Cup over anything.

I was in Denmark the night they won the euros, I would LOVE to see that here, everyone, everywhere going absolutely radge!

I'm going to enjoy my dreams tonight

Imagine the huns having to deal with that..Scottish people utterly raging that Scotland have done well cos of kaffliks. 

You know they’re just waiting on Scotland failing. Deary me…

Edited by jack D and coke

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not dissing Robbo in the slightest, I never would he was one of my heroes bud I love him. I’m not looking for an argument either😘
He could play alright but he was deadly in front of goal and lost some mobility as he got a bit older.  Anywhere else would’ve been an utter waste. 

Can you tell me a player who didn't lose some mobility as he got older. Unless your talking about superman . Now he was fast.