Club or country

Hairdryer

jack D and coke
Just now, iwasthere1954 said:

Can you tell me a player who didn't lose some mobility as he got older. Unless your talking about superman . Now he was fast.

All I meant was Robbo was incredible in his younger days and after early 90’s he was never good enough to be considered again. 
In his early days he was superb and should’ve had loads more caps. 
I’m not downing Robbo man. Ever. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• martoon

• Last Laff

• Forever Hearts

manaliveits105

Scotland always first but growing up in Gorgie there’s not that much in it

if I supported a team however named after a foreign country I would just 

cringe 

Playing Country , supporting Club but when Scotland perform it draws you in we’ve just been shit for so long. 

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

For real??? No person/people could do this to me😕

I know you’re a good Jambo pal👍🏼

Aye, it has happened to me, unfortunately. 

The idiots on here that can't see no wrong hasn't helped. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, it has happened to me, unfortunately. 

The idiots on here that can't see no wrong hasn't helped. 

I love this stuff…see when I’m pished😭

Arthur Morgan
5 hours ago, DS98 said:

To be honest I’d rather Hearts won the league cup than Scotland win the World Cup. 

Same :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'll still support Scotland but really not that bothered if we lose, not like I would be when Hearts lose.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

I support both and I'll no doubt be drawn more into the Scotland team if we start well in the tournament, but my level of passion for Scotland compared to Hearts is about 10%.

Love both and I will be ge'in it laldy every second of every Scotland game but the extreme passion I have for Hearts will never be experienced outwith. I ****ing love the JTs!

3fingersreid

Hearts .

I would never want Scotland to lose but I lost interest in the national team around the roxburgh/brown era . As a nation we were blessed with some real quality players back then , but the team set up was go out not to lose rather than try to win , it got worse when brown took sole charge .

Its good to see both my daughters getting exited to see the national team in a tournament for the first time though .

Club without a doubt for me. I was born in England but I’ve been going to Hearts games since I was a child. International games have always been conflicting for me as I don’t care about England but I don’t feel Scottish enough to be incredibly passionate despite my Dad being Scottish and mum’s family being Scottish too. 

Edited by King prawn

Nelly Terraces

Love the World Cup & Euros but genuinely ambivalent as to the Scottish national side, really not fussed if they win or lose & in fact despite not being a guy who ever gambles I'm putting 10 quid (hey big spender!:lol:)  on them losing their 3 matches as I really do think they're not that great. It's all about Hearts for me, always has been & forever will be.

*Please note my limited record with betting is so poor that you can bet (pardon the pun! ) they'll probably get 3 wins! 

11 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Aye. Big Jock was asked who the best striker was. Robbo was his answer.  

Aye, big Jock knew...

a good striker when he seen one.

😜

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

For real??? No person/people could do this to me😕

I know you’re a good Jambo pal👍🏼

Cheers bud!  Hope all is well. 

WoolfordsHearts

Hearts everyday of the week. 

Very little interest in watching Scotland now but hope they do well.

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'd take Scotland winning the World Cup over anything.

I was in Denmark the night they won the euros, I would LOVE to see that here, everyone, everywhere going absolutely radge!

I'm going to enjoy my dreams tonight

Yeah that’s exactly what I mean.  

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Cheers bud!  Hope all is well. 

Bit rough this morning but aye all good man. Hope things have got better for you too lol👍🏼

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bit rough this morning but aye all good man. Hope things have got better for you too lol👍🏼

Never does mate with crackpots in your life but football and beer today 👌

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Never does mate with crackpots in your life but football and beer today 👌

🍻Have a good one son

Toxteth O'Grady

No interest in the Scotland Football team whatsoever.

I don't watch English Football so don't recognise most of the players.

I went to a couple of Scotland games at Hampden a few years ago but just couldn't get into it.

Scotland at Rugby or Scottish Athletes is another matter.

Maroon Sailor
15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not dissing Robbo in the slightest, I never would he was one of my heroes bud I love him. I’m not looking for an argument either😘
He could play alright but he was deadly in front of goal and lost some mobility as he got a bit older.  Anywhere else would’ve been an utter waste. 

Robbo was a penalty box striker - he'd admit that himself. That's where he did his best work.

It's a positive way to look at him - we've missed somebody like him.

He was a prolific goalscorer in a Hearts shirt.

Both. You can’t help choose your Nationality. Proud to support the Scotland team and proud to be a Jambo. 

That said f... the authorities who run our game at club level - will never ever forget 

Also extremely happy that the team with Steve Clarke have qualified for our first tournament in a long long time. 

19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Amen brother🤝
I feel deeply about both. 

Yep. I am the same. I love Hearts and love Scotland. Hard to cheer on some of the players such as Scott Brown over the years but once they pull on the dark blue top club rivalry is out to one side. 

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yep. I am the same. I love Hearts and love Scotland. Hard to cheer on some of the players such as Scott Brown over the years but once they pull on the dark blue top club rivalry is out to one side. 

Must admit I did cheer the thumb's free kicks v. England a while back. Not something I thought I would ever do.

I think at the moment, for me, it's probably the easiest time to back anybody in a Scotland shirt. I rate about a third of the squad, a third I have no strong feelings of negativity against and the final third I don't know from Adam.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Both. But that's all because Scotland are actually doing something again. It was grim for so long. 

Weirdly up for this tournament. I'm more excited for Scotland's first game than I was for any Hearts game last season bar the cup final. 

A_A wehatethehibs

For the first time in 23 years we can dream again… tournament football for Scotland. The buzz if we can get the win against the Czechs and go down to Wembley, the buzz for that game, on a Friday night 8pm, that goes far beyond anything you could see in Scottish club football. Club colours are left at home for 1 night in all our football lives.

As for club football, it’s limited through the fact that money dominates it. There’s a purity to the international game that has long since died in club football where titles are just bought and sold by oligarchs and the wealthiest rich clubs. You can’t buy an international team, that team is the best your country has produced, so the pride is genuine. If Scotland could pull off a miracle and somehow get out this group, into a knockout game, the attitude of the “I’m not that interested in Scotland” folks would be swept away in a wave of excitement. 

Smoked-Glass

Room for both. Clubs pay the wages and do the infrastructure and play nearly ever week. 

International is an optional extra but its good. 

TBH I'd probably take Scotland winning the WC over Hearts winning the CL, but since neither will ever happen I guess it is moot...

Both. Clearly. I was a Scotland fan long before I was a Hearts fan. Both teams have given me immense heartache and wonderful memories. This isn’t an either/or proposition.

CloustonHMFC

It shouldn't have to be a choice between the two.

The love I have for Hearts and the love I have for Scotland is different and both affect me in different ways but I wouldn't say one is stronger than the other.

Hearts are everything. Scotland is everything.

Push come to shove then I'd rather never attend another Scotland than never attend another Hearts game.

jack D and coke

On the topic of tragic Rangers pricks my mate was telling me yesterday all the kids went to school last week with their Scotland tops on and this Rangers prick sent his kid in an England top :rofl:

What a ****ing arsehole. 
I despise huns. 

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

On the topic of tragic Rangers pricks my mate was telling me yesterday all the kids went to school last week with their Scotland tops on and this Rangers prick sent his kid in an England top :rofl:

What a ****ing arsehole. 
I despise huns. 

A lot of them are morons but believe it or not, there's more Rangers supporters that are members of the tartan army than any other club. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Cruyff said:

A lot of them are morons but believe it or not, there's more Rangers supporters that are members of the tartan army than any other club. 

That’s really surprising. I was in the travel club for years and I can count on one hand the amount of rangers fans I met. I met fans of all clubs, a lot of Celtic actually too but hun tramps were thin on the ground. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That really doesn't sound right, is there a source? I can't find anything online.

That’s really surprising. I was in the travel club for years and I can count on one hand the amount of rangers fans I met. I met fans of all clubs, a lot of Celtic actually too but hun tramps were thin on the ground. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That really doesn't sound right, is there a source? I can't find anything online.

Surprised me too tbh. 

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-have-the-highest-number-of-supporters-in-the-tartan-army/

Captain Lithuania

Hearts every day of the week. But I am of an age where I do not remember Scotland at a tournament. 

Excited and want Scotland to do well but it won’t bother me if they don’t. Happy to get a chance to watch Scotland in a game that matters. 

Surprising. You wouldn’t know it speaking to any of them. 

We’re citing Rangers News as evidence now?

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of Sevco fans do follow Scotland, but claim to support their actual local team whilst they’re doing it.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Can you prove that ? 🤔 

Aside from my wife I love Scotland (not just football) more than anything. 

Hearts are part of my Scotland and most of my happiest memories from a young age involve Hearts. 

The day Hearts ever stop being a Scottish club I would drop them like a stone. 

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Surprising. You wouldn’t know it speaking to any of them. 

I know a few Rangers fans that are very pro Scotland but aye it is not the impression you get from their fan base. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We’re citing Rangers News as evidence now?

It actually wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of Sevco fans do follow Scotland, but claim to support their actual local team whilst they’re doing it.

The statistics, revealed by the digital manager of the SFA, Michael Bochel. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can you prove that ? 🤔 

Aside from my wife I love Scotland (not just football) more than anything. 

Hearts are part of my Scotland and most of my happiest memories from a young age involve Hearts. 

The day Hearts ever stop being a Scottish club I would drop them like a stone. 

OK, fair dos. Really not the impression they like to convey though. Sadly it’s always the biggest arseholes that make the most noise. Our support has the same issue.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

We're citing Rangers News as evidence now?

😆

Exactly.

Read a little further in and they have Rangers (28%) as the best supported club in Edinburgh.

Even more incredulously they have Hibs (27%), Hearts (25%) and Celtic (20%).

:rofl:

Lone Striker

This is quite a thought-provoking question.    The  rank question of "support"  made me think just which aspects of Scottish sport matter to me.    Also - are you "supporting" a sport or team, by just watching them on TV ?   Or do you have to commit money and travel to games  to be able to call yourself a supporter ?  

Anyway, marks out of 10 from me -

Hearts                                          =  10 out of 10.  Every aspect of them. Always. No question.  :flagwave:

Scotland (mens !) football team = 3    Wouldn't give the SFA a penny, so not  a supporter as such.  Want to see them do well, but not that bothered.     None of the players mean anything to me apart from CG.   

Scottish individual athletes = 3     Love to  see them do well on a UK /Euro/world stage. Brings a lump to the throat that our country seems to punch above its population weight - Eilidh Doyle, Andy Murray, Laura Muir, Michael Jamieson, Josh Taylor etc.   

All other Scotland sports teams = 0  (including Scotland womens football, Scotland rugby, basketball, volleyball, hockey ... the lot !).      :jjno: