• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

What does Tosh want? 🤔

31 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

St Johnstone to lose.

:cornette_dog:

🤣 No rangers to win... Oh wait a minute.

manaliveits105
Nick Walsh Scotland 21 51

7    - 21 games - 51 yellows - 7 reds  (next most reds from a ref this season is 4)

will it be a nick walsh final with Boyle diving all over the place ? 

Hopefully he gets sent off for persistent diving rather than con Walsh into carding fermers

Turkishcap

No blue or green on the cup this season.....oh wait a minute.

Want Saints to do it but feel 55 to 45 it will be in hubz favour.

Will watch it though and as I have stated it wont affect me one bit as I live thousands of km away!

Edited by Turkishcap

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s like a wee poll, but I couldn’t get one to work.

Do we:

Want Hibs just to lose?

Want them to lose heavily?

Want them humiliated?

Or, St Johnstone?  😎

There is only one outcome, surely, that we all want?

2-0 saints.

jambopilms

If Hibs win can we close this thread immediately. Last thing we need is another thread where we hear from our own support why they are great and we are shit.

A Cup double for St J would be some achievement.  It will please and disappoint in equal measures.

maroonlegions

Of course if they do fluke it then they will have their "over exuberance"card to play when they pager with the polis and wreck Leith ...

FTH.

10 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Hate to say it, but I have a gut feeling that Hibs' luck will continue.

Me too. Had this awful gut feeling that these ****s will win it since about the quarter finals. Rangers getting knocked out was just the last straw for me. Been consumed by some awful feeling about the cup since.

I'll be keeping a low profile tomorrow just incase, but I hope St Johnstone ****ing smash them.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Of course if they do fluke it then they will have their "over exuberance"card to play when they pager with the polis and wreck Leith ...

FTH.

Wreck Leith 😆, crime hub of the Capital. Any damage can only make it better 😂

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Me too. Had this awful gut feeling that these ****s will win it since about the quarter finals. Rangers getting knocked out was just the last straw for me. Been consumed by some awful feeling about the cup since.

I'll be keeping a low profile tomorrow just incase, but I hope St Johnstone ****ing smash them.

Like a jack in a box, jump out and shout **** you Hibs ***** it was never in doubt 🤞🙏

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like a jack in a box, jump out and shout **** you Hibs ***** it was never in doubt 🤞🙏

:fth: 

I think that Saints have the measure of Hibs this season so it should be a cup double for them. A real doing would be great but I'll be happy as long as St J win it.

In December for the last cup final I was telling myself that it's fine if we lost. Wasn't there so didn't matter. 

Turns out I was kidding myself on. I needed scraped from the ceiling for our 2nd and 3rd goals and still gutted about the eventual outcome. 

I'm trying to console myself by thinking if Hibs win it won't matter... 

...but of course it does. 

COME ON YEE SAINTS!

Tynecastlesmychurch

Honestly

I made my peace with hibs winning as soon as the hun got knocked out.

Obviously would love St Johnstone to win. Tbf they’ve beaten hibs a few times recently. So maybe they’ll do it again. But I can’t see anything other than a hibs win. 

Ahhh it’s only football!

😢

12 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Honestly

I made my peace with hibs winning as soon as the hun got knocked out.

Obviously would love St Johnstone to win. Tbf they’ve beaten hibs a few times recently. So maybe they’ll do it again. But I can’t see anything other than a hibs win. 

Ahhh it’s only football!

😢

Dream scenario,  Bobby comes on as Sub goalie, goes up for injury time corner and heads last gasp equaliser. Final goes to extra time, all square after extra time and Bobby saves deciding penalty, Saints cup.

Whoever wins it deserves it. 

Obviously like everyone else I am hoping for a St Johnstone victory but I think Hibs have a bit more quality that should see them win it.

Hibs will have to earn it though. St Johnstone are well organised, pretty solid and are a big threat at set pieces. I think their weakest area though is in the forward areas where they lack a targetman who can get them them up the park.

Either way, it will be a close game. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Whoever wins it deserves it. 

Obviously like everyone else I am hoping for a St Johnstone victory but I think Hibs have a bit more quality that should see them win it.

Hibs will have to earn it though. St Johnstone are well organised, pretty solid and are a big threat at set pieces. I think their weakest area though is in the forward areas where they lack a targetman who can get them them up the park.

Either way, it will be a close game. 

I agree here, I think hibs will win it, but St Johnstone have seemed to have their number recently looking back at results, can only hope that continues. 

First goal could be crucial, can't see the other team coming back to win it. Maybe that Porteous will get sent off for one of his assaults that he seems to be good for and saints will stroll it. 

However wins it will also  make the decision to award Gerrard manager of the year a bit daft. 

Hibs 3rd and sc winners. 

Saints Cup double winners 

Will avoid watching it but will no doubt will be kept up to date on social media. 

Whatever happens Tommorrow, missing out by 2pk's in December and getting knocked out by Broro this season just means it's been a shitty season in the cups  all round for us. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No matter who wins it as in 2016 it’s a good opportunity spurned. 

Not as good a opportunity being 3-2 up in a penalty shot out with 2 penalties to go. 

😭

The Apprentice
5 hours ago, karipidis said:

I think the Covid issues at St Johnstone will have a huge bearing on the game and the words from Davidson seem to suggest it’s a tall order. Hibs win unfortunately. 

He’s just being clever IMO. St Johnstone will be ready and there is a huge motivation for them to win it. There’s always talk of players putting themselves in the history books but it will be something else if that team manage to win a domestic cup double.

been here before

Im not all that interested in the game. Might watch it, might not.

Id like to see St Johnstone win it preferably after some outstanding hibsing it situation but wont lose any sleep if they dont.

A Hubz win wouldnt affect me in any way, shape or form. Doesnt affect Hearts either so couldnt care less. It would just be like Killie or Motherwell winning.

Obviously a hubz win though would start the frothers frothing again how it was Neilsons fault that Hubz won it after St Johnstone beat Rangers, so that might be worth watching out for.

Edited by been here before

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

2-0 saints.

Really hope so ,    try to not let it ruin my weekend or even summer if that lot do win it🤮🤮🤮🤮🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🤞🤞🤞

Ron Burgundy
34 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not all that interested in the game. Might watch it, might not.

Id like to see St Johnstone win it preferably after some outstanding hibsing it situation but wont lose any sleep if they dont.

A Hubz win wouldnt affect me in any way, shape or form. Doesnt affect Hearts either so couldnt care less. It would just be like Killie or Motherwell winning.

Obviously a hubz win though would start the frothers frothing again how it was Neilsons fault that Hubz won it after St Johnstone beat Rangers, so that might be worth watching out for.

Aye ok.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

FTH.

And all who sail in her...... FThobos......

been here before
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Aye ok.

Hearts arent playing in it. Its a nothing, meaningless game for me.

St Johnstone win would be good but Killie, Motherwell, the Lochend Flairmeisters...

Who cares. 

Edited by been here before

If we had scored those two penalties in December I wouldn’t give two shiny shites about tomorrow. I’m not going to lie I’d be gutted if they won it. They’ve carried luck all season with all the penalties and offside goals they’ve been given. They’ve not even played a top 6 team and they’re in the final. 

I don’t know who the ref is but I hope to god he doesn’t fall for Boyle’s theatrics. If he doesn’t then that’s Hibs game plan out the window.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

I think that Saints have the measure of Hibs this season so it should be a cup double for them. A real doing would be great but I'll be happy as long as St J win it.

🎶🎵oh when the saints 🎵f...k the vermin🎶🎶🎶🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤞🤞🤞🤞

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I know! But I don’t see it I can’t see Hibs loosing 3 times at Hampden in 1 season I can’t see St Johnstone beating them 4 times in a row and I don’t see St Johnstone winning a cup double . 

I really hope St Johnstone win but it will be tough one . 

Do they still have Bobby on loan ?

Yep law of averages points to a hibs win. We can live in hope though!

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

If Hibs win can we close this thread immediately. Last thing we need is another thread where we hear from our own support why they are great and we are shit.

No matter how shit we are I will never praise these muppets. FTH ! This gives me a huge dilemma, watching hoping to see Hibs fail miserably or watch it and feel dirty if they do win. No lover of StJ but by far they will be getting my support for this one game.

Best case? Hibs one up until 80 minutes, then a penalty at 85 min. with a red card, and an own goal in the 91st

I want the Hibsing of all Hibsings to happen in this one.

Hibs to score from kick off, and go 2-0 up within the first 5 minutes.  Cruising until half time, sisterfister.net on the verge of ejaculating themselves into a coma.   Saint Johnstone not in the game at all.

Second half, Hibs to win a penalty for Boyle doing a swan dive in the box, 5 metres away from any Saints defender.  He steps up, smashes it against the crossbar.  Saints pick the ball up, run the length of the pitch and score to make it 2-1.

Hibs threaten a third, until the 90+1st minute.  A dreadful backpass from one of their diddy players goes straight to a Saints attacker, who rounds the keeper and blasts home the equaliser from 3mm away, celebrating before the ball has even crossed the line.

3 minutes of added time to play, and Hibs are rattled, desperately trying to keep possession of the ball.  They get dragged further and further into their own half, before conceding a 90+4th minute corner.  The ball comes in, Hibs defender rises to head it clear but it hits his hand.  Penalty Saint Johnstone!

Zander Clark* steps up to smash the ball home, and the full time whistle blows before Hibs can even kick off. 

:glorious: 

* Admittedly, this is the most unlikely part of the whole thing :lol: 

If Hibs win this at the weekend David Gray is still captain Is that not a new record same captain lifting the cup twice outside the old firm ? or has that been done before.   

39 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

If Hibs win this at the weekend David Gray is still captain Is that not a new record same captain lifting the cup twice outside the old firm ? or has that been done before.   

Who cares.

been here before
48 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Surely Willie Miller must have when Aberdeen captain.

Queens Park and Vale of Leven win it loads of times away when the cup first started, sometimes in consecutive or even three years in a row. There must be an old captain lurking about there got his hands on it a couple of times.

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Who gives a flying ****!!!

36 minutes ago, been here before said:

Surely Willie Miller must have when Aberdeen captain.

Queens Park and Vale of Leven win it loads of times away when the cup first started, sometimes in consecutive or even three years in a row. There must be an old captain lurking about there got his hands on it a couple of times.

👍

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Quite a good trivia question imo.  

St Johnstone seem to have the beating of them this season, but Hibs have far the better players which I think on the big occasion will make a difference. Saints beat them 3-0 in the league cup semi, but a semi final in the league cup is nowhere near the Scottish cup final. Hibs players will be fired up and they’ll win 2-0 comfortably. 

Edited by lsimp77

AC Mallin_51

Tbh I think it will be a very close, dull game. If hibs win I think it will be much more like our cup win over Gretna. It will seem pretty mundane compared to their cup win in 16 which you can draw comparisons to our 98 and for 2012... well they will never have a day like 2012 😂😂😂

On another not I did see somewhere that in the 9 finals since the 2012 final there’s only been 4 that haven’t included us or the vermin 

7 hours ago, suds66 said:

Fingers crossed for a St Johnstone win. Their preparations have been severely disrupted by a number of players having to self isolate and unable to train with what was left of the squad this week.

Everything seems to be going the vermins way, again. Hopefully their luck will run out on Saturday.

Have they got a full squad to choose from though? 

Any players not playing cause of Covid? 

professorfate

All the pressure is on hibs usually when that happens they don’t turn up Ross county and Livingston cup finals as examples.