Scottish Cup Final - St Johnstone v The wee team

Morgan

It’s like a wee poll, but I couldn’t get one to work.

Do we:

Want Hibs just to lose?

Want them to lose heavily?

Want them humiliated?

Or, St Johnstone?  😎

There is only one outcome, surely, that we all want?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

2 minutes ago, One five said:

Yep any win for st Johnstone or I’m having a pure p**h Saturday night 🤮

You’ll have a great Saturday night then.  👍

I suppose I wouldn't mind if St Johnstone left the goal tap on from the first ten minutes.   Finish 10-0 Or more.

Will I respect hibs if they win without cheating or favours from the officials?   No.    I want them to lose.   Definitely want St Johnstone to win. 

St J to win please. If the vermin do win I’ll console myself with not going on the internet for weeks and having no cooncil tv on for weeks but more the fact I’ll also console myself the fact none of the rats will of witnessed it.

FTH

Meant to say , easy money for a hibs penalty. That cheating wenk Boyle willl be diving like a ballerina guaranteed 

Its a guaranteed hibs win 2-0 really boring and predictable stuff. Without fans, cup finals really is pointless, got a few Hibbee mates and they feel crap about it, win and there's an expectation to feel euphoria that won't happen and lose and it will be crap.

A repeat of the St. J v. emaiers League Cup semi final will do for me.

No predictions or bet, though. I'm bloody awful at it.

There's a good reason why the staff grin when I walk into the bookies.

Edited by martoon

Special Agent Dale Cooper

A good old fashion hibsing it would be wonderful.

Get their hopes up and then the pain sets in.

Ron Burgundy

No late drama, my heart wouldn't take it. Early goal for St J followed by a swift 2nd and third before half time.

Couple early in the second half and my heart rate will drop to a reasonable level.

Fitzroy Pointon

Won't be watching it. Will check the score at 4.45. If St Johnstone win I'll watch the highlights at night. 

If Hibs win, meh. I don't live near any of them and I'm banned from FB so I won't have to witness any of their gloating. 

48 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Not Cup final related but Liam Fox has joined their coaching team.

Who Hibs or Saints ? 

I thought he was at Livingston and some poster on here a few months ago put all there recent success down to Liam Fox he done everything at Livi while Martindale done nothing 😂 

Won’t be watching the game tomorrow. I’d love St Johnstone to win but... I think if both teams can play to their best and have their strongest line ups out I can only see one winner and the cup won’t be going back to Perth. 

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Won’t be watching the game tomorrow. I’d love St Johnstone to win but... I think if both teams can play to their best and have their strongest line ups out I can only see one winner and the cup won’t be going back to Perth. 

I’m a Hearts fan so I’d be accused of prejudice but I just don’t see it with Hibs?  I don’t see a team who clearly showed a chasm of quality from the rest below them. 

Yes, they found more consistency. That’s the only difference IMO. But on the day with the opposition having a clear focus they are very beatable. 

They can be got at and some teams have a style in the SPL they toil against. I agree it’s an open final though and neither team can really be overly confident, while Hibs will naturally be made favourites.  

There’s bottle too. As we know is huge in these games.  

Jean Louis Valois
16 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Who Hibs or Saints ? 

I thought he was at Livingston and some poster on here a few months ago put all there recent success down to Liam Fox he done everything at Livi while Martindale done nothing 😂 

Hibs, he left Livi this week. 

Nucky Thompson

Obviously want Hibs to lose, but if they win, I won't even notice. 

The Final is a bit low key this year with no fans and I can't say I've noticed much coverage.

I'm away until Monday and won't be following the game anyway

I think the Covid issues at St Johnstone will have a huge bearing on the game and the words from Davidson seem to suggest it’s a tall order. Hibs win unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Final is a bit low key this year with no fans and I can't say I've noticed much coverage.

Agreed, I have seen barely any coverage on it, does seem very low key, probably to do with no Old Firm team and excitement around the Euros. The main frustration for me if they win it is the guarantee of European football until Christmas. Robbie and co really messed up this season with the Brora result and if Hibs win the cup then there’s no way back for Robbie. 

54 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

St Johnstone’s beat them the last 3 times they’ve played. 

Just now, DS98 said:

St Johnstone’s beat them the last 3 times they’ve played. 

I know! But I don’t see it I can’t see Hibs loosing 3 times at Hampden in 1 season I can’t see St Johnstone beating them 4 times in a row and I don’t see St Johnstone winning a cup double . 

I really hope St Johnstone win but it will be tough one . 

Do they still have Bobby on loan ?

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Do we:

Want Hibs just to lose?

Want them humiliated?

Or, St Johnstone?  😎

I'm having a bet on the shite hibsing it. 1-2 hibs to score first.

indianajones

It's very Hibs to win the Scottish without being able to have fans in the stadium. 

Mon the saints. 

Seymour M Hersh

Suffice it to say, I want the farmers to stuff the vermin. Let the rat chasing dogs out to destroy them. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Do we:

Want Hibs just to lose?

Want them humiliated?

Or, St Johnstone?  😎

I would prefer a dodgy penalty or an offside goal winner for St Johnstone to be honest. 
Let’s hope nobody hates the saintees and wants Hibs to win this time, then had to change his username all the time to try and hide. 

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It's very Hibs to win the Scottish without being able to have fans in the stadium. 

Mon the saints. 

Unfair advantage. That shower of shite are used to playing in front of empty seats.

Obviously want Hibs to die but not as bothered about Saturday as i would normally be.  Probably due to fact nobody will be there to see it and they won't have a Sunday cup parade which all in all kinda renders it all pointless.  

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

What does Tosh want? 🤔

St Johnstone to lose.

:cornette_dog:

8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

No real Hearts fan would want hibs to win the cup......ever. 

:verysmug:

Do the double. 

This

Any poster here wanting them to win for whatever reason is a .net infiltrator

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would prefer a dodgy penalty or an offside goal winner for St Johnstone to be honest. 
Let’s hope nobody hates the saintees and wants Hibs to win this time, then had to change his username all the time to try and hide. 

He can change his handle as often as he likes, you can still spot his slaverings a mile off, PfK. 

He's probably pegging up the green and white bunting outside his caravan as we speak.

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Don't kid yourself on.

Your a PHM that ****ing hates the Hibs, and you'll be seething if they win.

Francis Albert

Obviously a humiliating Hibs defeat or a disastrous collapse from one up with a minute to go and 2 -1 defeat. Either will do. Of course any defeat will do.

Don't buy the "it doesn't matter because of no crowd or parade" chat. I didn't feel that way about our cup final in December.

Won't be watching in any case.

Fingers crossed for a St Johnstone win. Their preparations have been severely disrupted by a number of players having to self isolate and unable to train with what was left of the squad this week.

Everything seems to be going the vermins way, again. Hopefully their luck will run out on Saturday.