Scottish Cup Final - St Johnstone v The wee team

Morgan

Just watched the highlights. Boyle diving AGAIN - what a cheating little tosser he is!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just watched the highlights. Boyle diving AGAIN - what a cheating little tosser he is!!

yep. And don’t forget their imaginary penalty claims first half when it came of the Saints players leg . They have no shame. It’s how how they ended up 3rd. Blatant cheating. 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Referees probably looking for it now. An obvious dive but one he could have got away with it if he hadn’t been exposed as a diver previously.

Hibs got away with a couple of other things as well. The McGinn stamp and the penalty could have also ended up a red card. 

Stubbs tweet before the game 😆  great day with friends having a few drinks. Living in leith area was tough pre match..after, well..sorrow sorrow... 

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, Boof said:

And in the highlights, once the ball is in the net the Hobo keeper isn't half giving pelters to the full back who let Rooney dominate him...Doig?

5 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Ah but he's worth 4 mill lol

As good as Hickey, don't you know!!!

Showing my age but this reminds me of Seasame street @ the end of each episode.Brought to you today by the letters R & S & the numbers 1 & 9 

20210523_061740.jpg

Gordon Ramsay
8 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Despite not being too bothered if they won today, I ended up getting hammered with my Hibs supporting cousin watching the game. Good banter with each other and we both can take a slagging. His Hibs top

was quickly removed at full time and I even done a wee dance in his toilet and sent it to my dad 😂 

Had to text him to remind him to take his flag down off his window as I was leaving 😂

To top all that off, took my dog a walk later in the day and found a wee guy sitting alone slouched over in the field. Naturally I went over and asked if he was okay and his response was no, I support Hibs. He’d clearly had more than me and wasn't long in getting up and left :rofl:

Best response, ever.

All in, not too bad a day really!

"No, I support Hibs" 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Referees probably looking for it now. An obvious dive but one he could have got away with it if he hadn’t been exposed as a diver previously.

Hibs got away with a couple of other things as well. The McGinn stamp and the penalty could have also ended up a red card. 

Porteous' yellow could easily have been a red too.

He could have thrown a leg out to stop the break, but it was a full on, no attempt at the ball, kick out.

Edited by DETTY29

Brick Tamland

Porteus is overrated shite

Doig is overrated shite

Boyle is a cheating diving shite

Bringing on Lewis Stevenson in a cup final to change the game was a hilariously shite decision, I mean come on Lewis Stevenson 😂

Jack Ross would eat his own shite

Gogic leaping like Rudolf Nureyev on acid to stop Wetherspoons cross was hilariously shite. 

Hibs - you are just the epitome of shite. 

01983C09-CD13-4B20-A8FA-373E8F9BC18D.jpeg

jambos are go!

Their so called big players simply did not perform on the day. The writing was on the wall when Boyle bottled it early on when presented with a perfect opportunity to use his trademark pace to go past their defence out wide.

Impressed by the Saints back three system and disciplined wing backs.

Riccarton3

Wonder who Liam McLeod wanted to win?

According to him the penalty appeal was  'heat of the moment'

58 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Their so called big players simply did not perform on the day. The writing was on the wall when Boyle bottled it early on when presented with a perfect opportunity to use his trademark pace to go past their defence out wide.

Impressed by the Saints back three system and disciplined wing backs.

Impressed how St J passed the ball from the back forward. Close tight passing without panicking taking out players and turning defence into attack time after time. Using whatever part of the park to do it so basically not allowing hibs to settle into any formation. Watch and learn Robbie. 

10 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Impressed how St J passed the ball from the back forward. Close tight passing without panicking taking out players and turning defence into attack time after time. Using whatever part of the park to do it so basically not allowing hibs to settle into any formation. Watch and learn Robbie. 

They did that well.

They also booted the ball long a lot. Watch and learn Robbie? Get in players to suit booting the ball long? 

Edited by Mikey1874

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They did that well.

They also booted the ball long a lot. Watch and learn Robbie? Get in players to suit booting the ball long? 

It was a feature of their game last time we humped them at their piggery. Dross’s style isn’t going down well as it’s a departure from their usual Brazil quality 🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This Hibs team finished 3rd.

Ffs, even with Neilson at the helm we will be around 3rd next season.

I said it earlier in the thread. I just don’t see it with Hibs?

But I wonder if it’s an indication of how much the standard has fell when a punchless team like Hibs are 3rd?  

St Johnstone maybe didn’t have the consistency in a league campaign but on the day they’ve looked much better than Hibs, more cutting play and hard in the tackle.  They always seemed to be in Hibs faces at every passage of play. 

Players like Doidge and Newell being part of the 3rd best team in Scotland?  Lightweight, overrated pish.  You watch their games and wish you were out there crashing into these c**** 😁

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But I wonder if it’s an indication of how much the standard has fell when a punchless team like Hibs are 3rd?  

Definitely 

6 games vs St J and Ross has one goal (a late soft pen) and five losses. Third place due to a poor Aberdeen side that was only secured with two games left.  3 gilt edged chances to win a cup and he blew all of them. Hope he stays for many more years. 

jimbojambo

St Johnstone were similar to most teams we played last season in the Premier League. We'll organised with everyone behind the ball and breaking fast. We will need to be a lot quicker and inventive next season to cope. In truth not that entertaining to watch which is what we want apparently but very effective. Do we want Hearts to play like them? 

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

6 games vs St J and Ross has one goal (a late soft pen) and five losses. Third place due to a poor Aberdeen side that was only secured with two games left.  3 gilt edged chances to win a cup and he blew all of them. Hope he stays for many more years. 

Ron the con won’t be happy. I think Ross will be away before next season. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Ron the con won’t be happy. I think Ross will be away before next season. 

I bet he is raging. Ross should be punted, he's a serial loser. 

Hectormasson
40 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I bet he is raging. Ross should be punted, he's a serial loser. 

Sunderland fans would agree with you on that......

Vlad Magic
On 21/05/2021 at 17:49, Mars plastic said:

You again? Away and bile yer heid you utter string vest. 

At least I’m not running round the living room with my sisters panties in my gob 👍

Arthur Morgan
15 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Do we want Hearts to play like them?

If it means we stand a better chance of winning cups, then certainly!

Edited by Arthur Morgan

32 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

If it means we stand a better chance of winning cups, then certainly!

Good point, but I heard a statistic that St Johnstone scored the least amount of goals at home in the SPFL last season 

Our fans would be screaming for the head of the manager with those statistics 

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Good point, but I heard a statistic that St Johnstone scored the least amount of goals at home in the SPFL last season 

Our fans would be screaming for the head of the manager with those statistics 

Probably not if we won 2 cups in the same season, but certainly if we didn't.

St Johnstone set up to be hard to beat. They were doing that under Tommy Wright. Usually results in not being spectacular, but safe enough, in the league but a threat in the cups. They play to their strengths and within a very limited budget.

Joe Jordan played a defensive game, probably influenced by his time in Italy. He had us challenging Rangers during one season in particular, but if you don't get enough goals you draw too many games. Hearts fans got fed up watching it when the success in cup didn't happen.

Jim Jefferies showed what can be done with an attacking game, with good players, and a limited budget. 

35 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Probably not if we won 2 cups in the same season, but certainly if we didn't.

St Johnstone set up to be hard to beat. They were doing that under Tommy Wright. Usually results in not being spectacular, but safe enough, in the league but a threat in the cups. They play to their strengths and within a very limited budget.

Joe Jordan played a defensive game, probably influenced by his time in Italy. He had us challenging Rangers during one season in particular, but if you don't get enough goals you draw too many games. Hearts fans got fed up watching it when the success in cup didn't happen.

Jim Jefferies showed what can be done with an attacking game, with good players, and a limited budget. 

Don’t know how anyone can compare Hearts and St Johnstone in respect of sacking managers on goals scored? 

Like you say, they do very well in playing to what they do best with the staff available to them.  

Finishing 5th and winning 2 cups is beyond dreamland for a club like them taking everything into consideration.  Budget, finances etc...

Edited by Debut 4

The Old Tolbooth

Just been through the match thread on here and on Losers.net, absolutely glorious reading on a Monday morning and beats working :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

At least I’m not running round the living room with my sisters panties in my gob 👍

😂😂😂

been here before
15 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Why ever not?

17 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it.  👍

Callum  Davidson interview just now on Sportsound.

I'll need to listen back on the podcast to get detail but due to Covid and not training, several players were xxxxxx for breath and energy.

Oh dear, Hibs.

Edited by DETTY29

On 22/05/2021 at 21:28, XB52 said:

Stick your unionist politics up your arse. Point out one anti-English statement from him. Keep this thread for laughing at the hobos. There's plenty of threads in the shed for you

:welcome: Bit rich from you considering the political points you make on here lol