*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hanley’s the player that surprised me the most (in a good way) - that didn’t help us and Scott McKenna isn’t an international defender and should t be anywhere near the team. We had better on the bench. 

Yeah putting that donkey on in between a midfielder and a left back was crazy. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, The Apprentice said:

I honestly don't think he did run out of steam, he's always more interested in trying to draw a foul from an opposition player than focussing on what he should be doing with the ball. He did it in the Czech game, tracked back and won the ball aggressively in his own box, drove forward and then fell down like a sack of spuds and like last night the ref was wise to it.

It looked to me when he turned and was away that he wasn’t running or sprinting properly - he just looked slow. At that point there was no one to draw a foul from as he left the boy for toast. Accept your opinion but I think he was gasping for air in all honesty 

I do get the feeling that the England game dominated all the thinking of Clarke and the team.

It was an unwanted distraction.

We should have been concentrating on the Czech and Croatia games and letting fate take its course in the England one.

Translating it to SPL standards, what's the point in planning ahead for a derby that you draw 0-0 if you get beat off Dundee United and Ross County either side of it?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

This.  Maroon tinted glasses on perhaps, but I just don't get the McGinn hype.  Never have.

I'll caveat that by saying that I think he is a decent club player, but international class?  Nope.

Definitely. Remember that great pass to set up a goal, no me neither. He did well with Naismith and can get in the box but he’s not a natural finisher, in fact he doesn’t excel at any part of the game. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah putting that donkey on in between a midfielder and a left back was crazy. 

I was completely deflated when I saw his face. Just had visions of Uche Ikpeazu running rings around him and the other Aberdeen clown. The whole team lost the confidence to get forward after that, you could sense the vulnerability. A dreadful substitution

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I was completely deflated when I saw his face. Just had visions of Uche Ikpeazu running rings around him and the other Aberdeen clown. The whole team lost the confidence to get forward after that, you could sense the vulnerability. A dreadful substitution

I was exactly the same, 17th in the Championship against Cooper who was captain of the team in 9th in the Premiership. Hendry and Gallagher are better players also. 

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

You can support the team but also demand more than what you got. This whole “happy to be there” mantra isn’t good for anyone. It’s the players/managers fault but I don’t think the TA help with the accepting failure outlook. Just my Opinion of course. 

I don’t think they do. 
I can only speak about the guys I know who follow Scotland home and away and they are as passionate about their national side as they are their club sides.

That’s why I used the club comparison. It’s relevant in the fact that, if you’re a non old firm supporter, you can empathise with failings at any level.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I was exactly the same, 17th in the Championship against Cooper who was captain of the team in 9th in the Premiership. Hendry and Gallagher are better players also. 

Not to mention the best of the bunch. An absolute Rolls Royce of a defender. John Souttar. Should’ve been on the plane 

Pasquale for King

They couldn’t have asked for anymore than two home games in a tournament, that is unlikely to ever happen again. It’s never been easier to qualify either. If England had got a goal Clarke would be sacked in the next few days. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not to mention the best of the bunch. An absolute Rolls Royce of a defender. John Souttar. Should’ve been on the plane 

What plane?

Possibly a bit early but he’s not any worse than some of the 7 who play CH in that squad. 

29 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Clarke never even watched the England Croatia game so he probably didn’t see the fact that England marked him out the game and that’s why Croatia were bang average 

Imagine not watching your 2 main opponents in the group. Clarke got his tactics spot on in the England game but for all the deserved credit he should get for this, he has to take the flak as he got it horribly wrong against the other 2 sides 

Hard to argue. There was controlled aggression and a game-plan against England which we executed well. 

Against the Czechs, the annoying thing is we knew how to play them from the previous match - and also knew how not to play them as they made life tough for us after changing tactics in that match - we went from almost total dominance to struggling for the ball.

Croatia - not man-marking an aging but brilliant midfielder out the match was our downfall.

We did, however, engineer very good chances in all of these matches so perhaps, despite tactics or being a bit behind the times in terms of playing style - we are still hindered by the same old problem, not having an international class striker.  

Clarke can do better, but the team does seem to be slowly growing under him - its whether he can continue with a mostly upward trajectory by making more of these small, incremental improvements. Gilmour genuinely excites me, he's an actual footballer.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What plane?

Possibly a bit early but he’s not any worse than some of the 7 who play CH in that squad. 

The plane to the euros! To the exotic shores of Middlesbrough, Wembley, Hampden

It was tongue in cheek obv soapy was never getting picked. But he’s better than Hendry and McKenna easily 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The plane to the euros! To the exotic shores of Middlesbrough, Wembley, Hampden

It was tongue in cheek obv soapy was never getting picked. But he’s better than Hendry and McKenna easily 

They’re still at their base in Darlington, go home ffs. 
Souttar is a better CH than Mctominay is anyway. 

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Bottom line is Scotland were capable of getting through the group before the tournament started - Clarke fecked up.

Too busy trying to be nice to certain players and to protect them from critics.

It was him that should've got the stick. Don't see him staying around when he fails to take Scotland to Qatar.

:spoton:

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Yes but they are the catalyst and without them would  Wales really be huff and puff and just full of effort like us.Thise two add the touch of class needed.

When you think of the likes of Giggs, Rush, Hughes and others all playing and overlapping for Wales but them as a country getting nowhere near tournaments you wonder what they're doing correct now. Bale and Ramsey are just two players in eleven after all.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Hard to argue. There was controlled aggression and a game-plan against England which we executed well. 

Against the Czechs, the annoying thing is we knew how to play them from the previous match - and also knew how not to play them as they made life tough for us after changing tactics in that match - we went from almost total dominance to struggling for the ball.

Croatia - not man-marking an aging but brilliant midfielder out the match was our downfall.

We did, however, engineer very good chances in all of these matches so perhaps, despite tactics or being a bit behind the times in terms of playing style - we are still hindered by the same old problem, not having an international class striker.  

Clarke can do better, but the team does seem to be slowly growing under him - its whether he can continue with a mostly upward trajectory by making more of these small, incremental improvements. Gilmour genuinely excites me, he's an actual footballer.

Growing? Only win in around a year was against Luxembourg, only decent performances were two draws away to England and the Netherlands, away next to Denmark where a defeat puts us out of qualifying probably for the WC. Beaten easily twice at home by two goals by average teams. Gone by Xmas. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Good post and summary 

when all is said and done and you look at chances created (we average well against the opposition) and then possession (we are almost a third of the game with having the ball vs two thirds of the opposition having the ball) 

We seem to be resigned to this acceptance and before games that we won’t have the same amount of possession as the opposition 

This is mentioned time and time again, even before a ball is kicked - we get it in our heads that we won’t and we focus on a game plan with this in mind 

that said we don’t create chances after 3-4 minutes of having the ball - we create the chances but it’s very quickly after having the ball or breaking - like the chances won’t happen unless we make them happen immediately 

I mean these are Professional footballers - do we do enough possession training or do we train for these games to execute a game plan without the ball ? 

it’s the main difference and possibly playing for the opening would create a different type of chance and one we would score with - we have players playing with top top sides 

I know it’s a crazy and stupid point but do we have some Scottish genetic malfunction that when we are born we can only keep possession of a football for a short period as opposed to if we were born in another country where the genetics help us keep the ball 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I read a few pages back a poster (Seymour) asking how Wales area able to compete despite being a small nation with not a huge pool of talent?

Gary Speed.

Gary Speed took the Wales job when they were 117th in the FIFA rankings and were in a very similar position to Scotland, a constant joke team in world/european tournaments.

He revolutionised and professionalised the Welsh set up. Brought in sports scientists firstly, focussing on performance and fitness, then brought in youth. Aaron Ramsay was his captain aged 20. He had the plan to build a team around these young players that would evolve and grow together and reach tournaments in future and not immediately. They got absolutely scudded their first few games but the regime he installed took them to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 long after his death.

What have we got? Clarke - straight off the Largs conveyor belt implementing the doctrine of Roxburgh & Brown. John Carver - who has done....errr...**** all. 

We have a nucleus of young players who should be playing for Scotland for years to come but we have a coaching infrastructure who would rather give a 36 year old a last run out. That's what needs to change. It's what's needed to change after every tournament failure in my lifetime.

Who is our Gary Speed?

Just spotted your post Thor and that's a superb point. Gary Speed was doing a great job at the time and just how good it turn out is now on show. A terrible loss for football and of course his family. 

May one-six
19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Clarke's failure to spot that Modric was controlling everything, and to do something about that, shows that he's not really up to the job. He also had the chance at half time to change our set-up so that we were stronger in midfield and could exert some sort of control there. Instead, he persisted with the ludicrous tactic of having Marshall constantly launch high balls up to Dykes. As Souness said, it was football from the Dark Ages, and Clarke was in charge of it.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I read a few pages back a poster (Seymour) asking how Wales area able to compete despite being a small nation with not a huge pool of talent?

Gary Speed.

Gary Speed took the Wales job when they were 117th in the FIFA rankings and were in a very similar position to Scotland, a constant joke team in world/european tournaments.

He revolutionised and professionalised the Welsh set up. Brought in sports scientists firstly, focussing on performance and fitness, then brought in youth. Aaron Ramsay was his captain aged 20. He had the plan to build a team around these young players that would evolve and grow together and reach tournaments in future and not immediately. They got absolutely scudded their first few games but the regime he installed took them to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 long after his death.

What have we got? Clarke - straight off the Largs conveyor belt implementing the doctrine of Roxburgh & Brown. John Carver - who has done....errr...**** all. 

We have a nucleus of young players who should be playing for Scotland for years to come but we have a coaching infrastructure who would rather give a 36 year old a last run out. That's what needs to change. It's what's needed to change after every tournament failure in my lifetime.

Who is our Gary Speed?

Well said. 

Gordon Ramsay
4 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We can talk about playing style, formations till we are blue in the face. The fundamental flaw with the national team is the happy clapping, here for a party, doe a deer culture. Clapped off the park last night, three day party for a nil nil draw and the usual if my aunty had balls chat after the Czech game. If everyone is “proud” just to get there, what pressure to maintain standards are there? Robertson, Tierney, Hanley, McTominay, McGinn, Gilmour, Adam’s, Fleck, McBurnie.......all play/played in the EPL, one of the best leagues in the world. Come to Scotland and their levels drop massively. There is zero pressure to perform. Until that culture is changed we will achieve nothing. In the back door of the easiest Euro’s to qualify for. Finished bottom with one point and one goal in the easiest Euros group set up to qualify from. Other nations comparable in size through, playing better with poorer players. Every pundit I listened to last night just “so proud” of what Scotland achieved. Every paper. Every player. “Proud” of themselves for what should be a national embarrassment. Out without even laying a glove on anyone and the biggest disappointment of it all is we never even had a proper go in any the games. 

Agree with every word. As I've said before in this thread bar the England game I thought we were poor. Despite what the pundits say that is a poor England side as well. I'd be very surprised if they get further than the last 16.

Wrong tactics and wrong selection against Czech Republic. Standing about like statues last night while Croatia passed us off the park. 

I highly doubt we'll be in Qatar next year. 

Pasquale for King

Griffiths on SSN talking about the chances they missed. 
As much as I can’t stand him he should’ve been in the squad, nobody could see where goals were going to come from. 

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need a better manager that won’t be happy with the plucky loser mentality, I agree with everything else.  

We'd have complete consensus then if there was an obvious candidate who was willing and able to jump in. Last time the question was asked he was as good as was available.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

We'd have complete consensus then if there was an obvious candidate who was willing and able to jump in. Last time the question was asked he was as good as was available.

For the wages they pay, the boat needs to be pushed out. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As much as I can’t stand him he should’ve been in the squad, nobody could see where goals were going to come from. 

Was fitness an issue.He is the best striker Scotland have available to us still imo and a huge danger to have at freekicks.We play two up top now so gone are the he can't play up top on his own comments.Our striking options really are dreadful though.

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did anyone ask him what he plans to do about it or is he just going to carry on pishing his career up the wall?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did anyone ask him what he plans to do about it or is he just going to carry on pishing his career up the wall?

Looks like signing a new deal at Celtic on reduced wages

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep, very poor choice to bring Nesbitt, Griffiths should’ve been there.

I have been largely supportive of Clarke and still am, in terms of, he’s got the best possible result from some pretty average players, and he’s got that monkey off the back, got us to a finals so he gets the backing for these next 7 qualifiers, we’re sitting 2nd as

things stand. But there’s been half a dozen blunder calls that have cost us a potential place in the knockouts. Can only hope he learns a few lessons from them and makes some adjustments 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Was fitness an issue.He is the best striker Scotland have available to us still imo and a huge danger to have at freekicks.We play two up top now so gone are the he can't play up top on his own comments.Our striking options really are dreadful though.

Not sure why he wasn’t picked to be honest, as a maverick off the bench even he would give more than the rest. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hoping for a new contract at Celtic, end up at Hibs. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep, very poor choice to bring Nesbitt, Griffiths should’ve been there.

I have been largely supportive of Clarke and still am, in terms of, he’s got the best possible result from some pretty average players, and he’s got that monkey off the back, got us to a finals so he gets the backing for these next 7 qualifiers, we’re sitting 2nd as

things stand. But there’s been half a dozen blunder calls that have cost us a potential place in the knockouts. Can only hope he learns a few lessons from them and makes some adjustments 

I think they will struggle in the next few games and he will be gone. 

SectionDJambo

The main problem that the Scotland football team has, and has had for years, is the SFA. Totally devoid of any positive ideas for change after so many years of failure, despite qualification for tournaments never having been easier.

They hide behind the manager offering nothing, but being happy to run Scottish football for the financial benefit of a few clubs, mainly situated in the west of Scotland. Our league set up should have been binned years ago to allow young players to find their way to international level without their clubs being afraid to play them because of the cutthroat nature of our leagues.

The fans who roll up every week have intimated a desire for change but they are ignored. The same things being done every season, with the same results for the national team, but as long as those few clubs are benefiting from the current set up, it doesn't matter. Except for a couple of weeks after the latest failure.

Comatose Clarke has no chance vs Denmark or Austria. These sides don't just lump it up to a huddy like Dykes and expect things to happen.  

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The main problem that the Scotland football team has, and has had for years, is the SFA. Totally devoid of any positive ideas for change after so many years of failure, despite qualification for tournaments never having been easier.

They hide behind the manager offering nothing, but being happy to run Scottish football for the financial benefit of a few clubs, mainly situated in the west of Scotland. Our league set up should have been binned years ago to allow young players to find their way to international level without their clubs being afraid to play them because of the cutthroat nature of our leagues.

The fans who roll up every week have intimated a desire for change but they are ignored. The same things being done every season, with the same results for the national team, but as long as those few clubs are benefiting from the current set up, it doesn't matter. Except for a couple of weeks after the latest failure.

Spot on 

May one-six
16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Comatose Clarke has no chance vs Denmark or Austria. These sides don't just lump it up to a huddy like Dykes and expect things to happen.  

It's amazing to think that in Scotland we created the modern game of football by introducing the concept of passing. Somehow, Steve Clarke has managed to take us back before then by delivering tactics that were all the rage in the 1860s.

bajthejambo

I think the opportunities missed in the previous two matches were more costly than anything last night. Croatia played very well, both tactically and individually. They constantly played through the press and exploited the space afforded to them as a result. They have a side of decorated footballers that were probably underestimated for some bizarre reason?

Clarke could have at least attempted to change the approach, but sometimes you just bump into a side that's better on the night.

The points really could have been on the board already. I find that more frustrating.

5 minutes ago, May one-six said:

It's amazing to think that in Scotland we created the modern game of football by introducing the concept of passing. Somehow, Steve Clarke has managed to take us back before then by delivering tactics that were all the rage in the 1860s.

Dykes looks like he is wearing boots from the 1860’s !

Just now, bajthejambo said:

I think the opportunities missed in the previous two matches were more costly than anything last night. Croatia played very well, both tactically and individually. They constantly played through the press and exploited the space afforded to them as a result. They have a side of decorated footballers that were probably underestimated for some bizarre reason?

Clarke could have at least attempted to change the approach, but sometimes you just bump into a side that's better on the night.

The points really could have been on the board already. I find that more frustrating.

To my eyes we were playing with a low block, so the press only engaged when Croatia entered our defensive third. Their defence and midfield had loads of time on the ball for the whole game.

Central Belt 1874

Theres a difference between the Tartan Army and Scotland fans more generally in my opinion. 

Tartan army are the hardcore who go along to all the games, no matter how crap we are. Make no mistake the majority of them will not be happy with Clarke or the performances at Hampden.

Then you have the casual Scotland supporter, made up of football fans of various clubs, the media and the people who just get excited about national sporting events. 

The media in particular, have been very good over the last couple of decades of leading the narrative of the 'proud' chat and glorious failure guff.

Supporters of the national team who follow them closely are not surprised at the outcome. The rest of the nation unfortunately....

The manager/head coach is fundamental to all successful sporting teams the world over. We need the decision makers to entice, quite probably, a non scot to take us forward from here. 

bajthejambo
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

To my eyes we were playing with a low block, so the press only engaged when Croatia entered our defensive third. Their defence and midfield had loads of time on the ball for the whole game.

I can recall the forwards and midfield attempting to press their back line in the first half and Croatia simply passing through it. I'm sure it was even highlighted on commentary at one point?

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Theres a difference between the Tartan Army and Scotland fans more generally in my opinion. 

Tartan army are the hardcore who go along to all the games, no matter how crap we are. Make no mistake the majority of them will not be happy with Clarke or the performances at Hampden.

Then you have the casual Scotland supporter, made up of football fans of various clubs, the media and the people who just get excited about national sporting events. 

The media in particular, have been very good over the last couple of decades of leading the narrative of the 'proud' chat and glorious failure guff.

Supporters of the national team who follow them closely are not surprised at the outcome. The rest of the nation unfortunately....

The manager/head coach is fundamental to all successful sporting teams the world over. We need the decision makers to entice, quite probably, a non scot to take us forward from here. 

The other segment we’ve got are, those who hate Scotland and also hate Scottish football as well as hating their own clubs, who are only in football to be boo / shout abuse and talk shite, usually alcoholics suffering from severe depression. They actively hate the game of football, look to make fellow fans depressed and want their own clubs + country to fail so they can whip up a frenzied rage mob to get someone sacked from their job. They live life waiting for the day they can call for a manager to get sacked. I don’t know if this self-loathing subset of fans is unique to Scotland / Hearts or if it exists in other football cultures as well or if maybe players take more of the blame in other cultures or there’s more understanding. We seem obsessed that the manager is somehow controlling the players with a PlayStation controller or something and if a player misplaces a pass, its the managers fault 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Agreed, we haven’t pressed any team in any game. 

Next game, technicians in midfield, pace upfront. Pass and move, keep the ball. Instead of strong runners and punt and press. 

Gordon

Patterson Hanley Tierney Robertson 

Turnbull  Gilmour McGregor

Forrest    Adams     Fraser 

27 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Brutal fitba and use of the squad. Was lucky to go in 1-1 at half time and SHOULD have made use of his luck and changed it then I (per Souness). Did nowt and failed to give us any chance and when the inevitable happened all he did was pull off the shockingly bad Armstrong. Croatia are not all that imo, we'll see that in the next round even if they get Slovakia or Poland. 

Nelly Terraces
5 hours ago, henryheart said:

All in all, it has been a shocker of a Euro 2020 Finals for Scotland; worst stadium in the competition, no civic attempt to promote the event in Glasgow and a pathetic turnout of well under 10.000 for the Czech Republic v Croatia match. The so called great football loving Scots, yeh right. This will not have gone unnoticed and it is unlikely that we will see another major footballing event in Scotland. 

As for the Scotland team, let's be frank; it was very poor but that can come as no surprise to anyone as the players we have are not great, and certainly not in the class of those who have failed in previous tournaments. Why was it going to be any different this time? The pre tournament hype followed by the wild enthusiasm over a 0-0 draw against an England team that didn't look in the slightest bit like it was trying was an embarrassment. Meanwhile the tartan brigade get upset because people in England and Wales laugh at Scotland!  

Quite agree. It's been a disaster on and off the park. The entire negativity & over stringent measures from the Scottish Govt even saw Croatia & the Czech Rep not wanting to stay here & having to travel in/out from their own countries. And Hampden is, as we all know an utter dump.

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s just a complete lack of quality across the whole squad, a complete inability to deal with the ball under pressure, the lack of a defined style, the lack of individualism, the lack of pace and power. 

we are just shite, the standard coaching at grass roots level all across Scotland is absolutely pathetic.

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

From kids football upwards we have a lot of guys who are shit hot at putting out the cones and bibs.

I live less than 5 minutes from Meggetland & 10 from Harrison Park. Regularly watch kids/youth games there & it's honestly totally depressing. There doesn't seem to be any change in coaching or the way the game is played since I was a kid in the 70s/80s. It's all hoof it up the park 'getting stuck in' and coaches/parents shouting at the kids from the sidelines - why do they need to shout at youngsters ffs, it's not helping them in any way & there's no emphasis on technical ability whatsoever.  

Growing? Only win in around a year was against Luxembourg, only decent performances were two draws away to England and the Netherlands, away next to Denmark where a defeat puts us out of qualifying probably for the WC. Beaten easily twice at home by two goals by average teams. Gone by Xmas. 

Absolutely agree 100% with this. Just look at the results - they're pretty poor, and his style of play last night was an utter embarrassment & the worst in the competition by a mile. Once they get beaten in Denmark, which they will, there will be a growing clamour for him to go which he'll not be able to come back from. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Clarke

Clarke's managerial record, the impressive spell at Killie aside, he had a losing record at West Brom and Reading and has only won 9 of 24 games as Scotland manager.

I'm probably in a small minority, but I don't rate him, I think he sets out to draw each game and plays dull and pragmatic football.

Edited by Martin_T

6 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Your opinion is worthless going by past posts 😆

You’d know all about worthless opinions, going by this one.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Quite agree. It's been a disaster on and off the park. The entire negativity & over stringent measures from the Scottish Govt even saw Croatia & the Czech Rep not wanting to stay here & having to travel in/out from their own countries. And Hampden is, as we all know an utter dump.

I live less than 5 minutes from Meggetland & 10 from Harrison Park. Regularly watch kids/youth games there & it's honestly totally depressing. There doesn't seem to be any change in coaching or the way the game is played since I was a kid in the 70s/80s. It's all hoof it up the park 'getting stuck in' and coaches/parents shouting at the kids from the sidelines - why do they need to shout at youngsters ffs, it's not helping them in any way & there's no emphasis on technical ability whatsoever.  

Absolutely agree 100% with this. Just look at the results - they're pretty poor, and his style of play last night was an utter embarrassment & the worst in the competition by a mile. Once they get beaten in Denmark, which they will, there will be a growing clamour for him to go which he'll not be able to come back from. 

It’s the same rules as in England, hence Mount and Chilwell isolating. Just to save cash I think. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Clarke

Clarke's managerial record, the impressive spell at Killie aside, he had a losing record at West Brom and Reading and has only won 9 of 24 games as Scotland manager.

I'm probably in a small minority, but I don't rate him, I think he sets out to draw each game and plays dull and pragmatic football.

Definitely. 

He would have taken one of those chances against england for sure imo, we need more players like griffiths up front, not enough quality in the final 3rd for me.