James Anderson

Colonel Kurtz

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

According to inbred.net Anderson isn't that wealthy and is now facing a large capital gains tax bill. A well never mind eh 😂

Large capital gains tax bills tend to indicate large capital gains. I’m quite sure he understands how to legally minimise any tax. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Large capital gains tax bills tend to indicate large capital gains. I’m quite sure he understands how to legally minimise any tax. 

Exactly, surprised the Hibeconomists didn't pick up on that. I think we'd all love to have a very large capital gains tax bill heading our way!

Arthur Morgan

Why are Hibs fans bothering about us when they have a cup final at the weekend? Absolutely obsessed, and it shows.

Greedy Jambo

Anderson has seen his money pished down the pan on a yearly basis, he's on the board to have more of a say and keep and eye on things IMO.

Probably too much of a sensible answer though, he's going to plough 30 million in, honest, guv. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Anderson has seen his money pished down the pan on a yearly basis, he's on the board to have more of a say and keep and eye on things IMO.

Probably too much of a sensible answer though, he's going to plough 30 million in, honest, guv. 

Maybe he's not a Greedy Jambo? 

🤷‍♂️

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe he's not a Greedy Jambo? 

🤷‍♂️

Maybe you're a slaver. 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We could buy 2 Teslas at 25k (or at a discount with Anderson's alleged connections) each every month with FoH Monet and raffle them off at a tenner a raffle ticket. Sell at least 10k raffle tickets each month for an extra monthly 50k.

Beats a bake sale 

Ally Alexander
1 hour ago, davieholt said:

There is no way he could be a hedge fund manager. It's a young mathematicians game which is heavily reliant on formulae and taking positions in the options market. He is a traditional investment manager who has taken a few private punts with his own cash which paid off - and how!

Yes, it's very doubtful that he would describe himself as a hedge fund manager as his investment strategy is long term.

Cardiff Hearts

Welcome Mr Anderson’s appointment as independent NED. Proven global investor who will bring a welcome addition of rigour and scrutiny to our historically - in my eyes anyway - “cosy club” Board. 

Levein off Board, JA on is a definite plus.

As others note, he has other commitments - chairing a Swedish investment firm for example so his time will not be devoted exclusively to us. Other thing of note is that he is a committed long term investor who prefers growth and disruptive strategy rather than short term gain and spend spend spend. Not sure if that will sit favourably with those in our support who expect immediate investment and results…

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe you're a slaver. 

Maybe I am, but **** me, if I'm a slaver you're a ****ing ocean of tears, slavers, tears and piss. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe I am, but **** me, if I'm a slaver you're a ****ing ocean of tears, slavers, tears and piss. 

Aye, well, at least i didn't get kept back a year in primary school.  

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t anything close to a hedge fund manager.  Seems you know very little but never mind. We all make mistakes. 

Apart from him admitting in that interview that he is, how can you argue with his own words 😆

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Don't count your chickens, still time.

Summer holidays aren't until July. 

👍

Honestly have no clue what he thinks he's getting in return from us but if he opens a restaurant then I will be there to support the guy

1 hour ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Welcome Mr Anderson’s appointment as independent NED. Proven global investor who will bring a welcome addition of rigour and scrutiny to our historically - in my eyes anyway - “cosy club” Board. 

Levein off Board, JA on is a definite plus.

As others note, he has other commitments - chairing a Swedish investment firm for example so his time will not be devoted exclusively to us. Other thing of note is that he is a committed long term investor who prefers growth and disruptive strategy rather than short term gain and spend spend spend. Not sure if that will sit favourably with those in our support who expect immediate investment and results…

Emmm what???

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Don't count your chickens, still time.

Summer holidays aren't until July. 

👍

Maybe you'll get a job by then. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe you'll get a job by then. 

Job.... 😳

I have a career, I'm an adult. 👍

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Job.... 😳

:rofl: Keep telling yourself that. 

ford donald
18 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Honestly have no clue what he thinks he's getting in return from us but if he opens a restaurant then I will be there to support the guy

The man is loaded and generous with his cash,he can only be a huge asset for Hearts.Very welcome JA.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

:rofl: Keep telling yourself that. 

You'll find out all about it when you grow up. 

It will be exciting for you, something to look forward to. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Job.... 😳

remember career is also a verb:jambobanana:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, brownkg said:

remember career is also a verb:jambobanana:

It is. Not in this context tho. 

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You'll find out all about it when you grow up. 

It will be exciting for you, something to look forward to. 

You're on here more than me and i'm on furlough ffs. 

Must be some career. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Must be a hedge fund he’s involved in that I didn’t know about👍

It’s cool it’s not that important. He’s good at whatever he does so hopefully he can help us progress. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Job.... 😳

Greedy Jambo missed taking a knock out come-back …..

”is that a typo? You surely mean ‘carer’ not ‘career’!”

😉😂

We will progressively learn more about Mr Anderson's financial financial position from our Lochend economist friends and I doubt if much of it will be good news.

I remember living in fear and trepidation a few years ago that due to our failure to pay GST on FoH subscriptions, the entire board was going to jail and the club was to be wound up.

Fortunately, we seemed to talk our way out of that one but who knows what financial perils are round the corner.  All will be revealed on .net.

Leveins Battalion

Can we not just give JA our FOH pledges to invest?:callme:

if his returns are 1700%  we'll make millions in that strategy rather than signing players.

Jeffros Furios
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe you're a slaver. 

:greatpost:

JamboAndrew

Can't be bothered reading every page here. But surely the papers have mentioned his off the radar wealth.

Edited by JamboAndrew

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're on here more than me and i'm on furlough ffs. 

Must be some career. 

I'm too important to be on furlough. 

:greggy:

Or not paid enough to make a financial difference... 

:jj_facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Greedy Jambo missed taking a knock out come-back …..

”is that a typo? You surely mean ‘carer’ not ‘career’!”

😉😂

That would have been a quick response, if only someone had thought of it... 😂

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

:lol:

Trying to get this back on track - I am hopeful that James Anderson will work with Ann Budge with a view to taking the Chair role when she feels ready to step down. This is the first step towards that.

I would hope that between them they will identify and implement some new/fresh ideas to grow the business and increase the club presence in the city/suburbs. I am of the belief that for Hearts to grow it needs to be actively supporting the community or providing services in the to improve affinity (Big Hearts do this but there is scope for funding for expanding community coaching for example). 

In the short term though I suspect commercial partners/sponsors is a priority. 

There was a cracking discussion on Scarves around the Funnel with Stuart Duguid who highlighted how the club website needs an overhaul and has hardly any info on sponsors etc. The club website is the channel to get fans attention, build loyalty and build sales.

Compare and contrast the club website and commercial activities to what Rangers have done in the last 12-18months. Bisgrove has been building partnerships,  improving marketing, merchandise etc.

They've taken significant steps forward to stimulate growth and income from the diehards to the fair-weather (glory hunter) fan base. Hearts really need to step up now to do the same.

49 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How is he classed as an “independent” non executive director?

I do not know the extent of his involvement with us but below is a definition of an independent director

An independent director is a member of the board of directors who

(1) does not have a material relationship with the company,

2) is not part of the company’s executive team, and

(3) is not involved with the day-to-day operations of the company.

Looking at No 3 I suspect it may have something to do with his forthcoming Swedish interests.  Maybe things well become clearee in time.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I do not know the extent of his involvement with us but below is a definition of an independent director

Looking at No 3 I suspect it may have something to do with his forthcoming Swedish interests.  Maybe things well become clearee in time.

Did he back Oatly which looks like it'll make some investors a fortune ?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/may/20/shares-alt-milk-maker-oatly-us-stock-market-debut-investors-alternative

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Did he back Oatly which looks like it'll make some investors a fortune ?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/may/20/shares-alt-milk-maker-oatly-us-stock-market-debut-investors-alternative

Don't know but I heard he has done a deal with Milan to send Ibrahimovic over for a season subject to a medical.😀

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I assume 1) means that he has no shares in the club?

Anyone thinking that JA would have become involved with Hearts without Budge being involved must be on crack.

She's got things wrong but ultimately her legacy - which will be the completed stadium and what looks like long term additional investment throughout the club - will show her to have been our own Fergus McCann (IMO)

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume 1) means that he has no shares in the club?

Looks that way although the key word may be "material", whatever the legal meaning is in conrext.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Anyone thinking that JA would have become involved with Hearts without Budge being involved must be on crack.

She's got things wrong but ultimately her legacy - which will be the completed stadium and what looks like long term additional investment throughout the club - will show her to have been our own Fergus McCann (IMO)

Agree with this.  It's so frustrating how shite we've been on the park (and training ground) these last few years.

Everything else at the club is great.  Football is pretty important to a football club mind you!!!!!

Does irk me the abuse and hate she gets.  I find it hard to see beyond the mess she saved us from and the work she's put in to make us safe and I'm very sure in a great position to be competitive.  My ire all goes towards Levein - he let us down ultimately.  All Ann did was buy his snake oil unfortunately.

Folk making digs about the restaurant, women's team, whatever it may be, for me don't get it.  These things should be part of a succesful, forward thinking club. The single most important thing is what we do on the pitch, but all those other things shouldn't stop or be shelved if we're not playing well!!!  That's mental!!

Unknown user
55 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's probably more just that the guy's retired and doesn't fancy spending his time on the minutiae of running a football club when he can just offer advice every now and again.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's probably more just that the guy's retired and doesn't fancy spending his time on the minutiae of running a football club when he can just offer advice every now and again.

But has he?

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

That and arsed getting the abuse that AB has received after investing her money and her time in to the club , good aspects or bad.

After watching Neilson wasting money on so much trash last year I think Anderson will be to clever to give him anymore to waste.