James Anderson

Colonel Kurtz

Excellent news today, a guy that gives and expects nothing in return, Welcome Mr Anderson, Sir, thanks for your continued contribution to the Famous. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

19 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I'd like to see Hearts build it's own fund (property/shares/other businesses). I think it's very unlikely but it would using some FoH money to build it the long term strategy would see profit directed into the playing side budget. 

The reality for a club like ours is that we have to explore different ways to level the playing field when it comes to Rangers/Celtic. 

Well worth exploring.Maybe MrAnderson can bring some ideas on this

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I'd like to see Hearts build it's own fund (property/shares/other businesses). I think it's very unlikely but it would using some FoH money to build it the long term strategy would see profit directed into the playing side budget. 

The reality for a club like ours is that we have to explore different ways to level the playing field when it comes to Rangers/Celtic. 

It would need to be invested in progressive endeavours but it’s not a bad idea, he would obviously be the man to advise on it. 

Roxy Hearts

Great news. Well respected in the business community and a philanthropist! Welcome James Anderson.

Italian Lambretta
17 minutes ago, jambo007 said:

Excellent news today, a guy that gives and expects nothing in return, Welcome Mr Anderson, Sir, thanks for your continued contribution to the Famous. 

Sounds a bit like the Hearts support who continue to buy season tickets and plough millions into the club and expect nothing from the current team.

On 14/05/2021 at 11:50, Heartsofgold said:

I can guarantee that James Anderson has already been offered numerous non-exec positions that will take up at least some of his time.  His expertise in investment management is highly prized and compensated.  Would love him to take up a roll at Hearts but I think that's a pipe dream.

Get dreaming that you are sooking on that pipe!

jamboinglasgow
51 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I have wondered if in the past if that would be a good way to build the club. I was thinking more with property, but when it is built up enough it could provide a safety net for the club if there is sudden unexpected costs that you can sell some assets. Obviously it becomes a oppourtunity cost of short term loss of funds that could be spent on team/other club expense versus possible long term benefit.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

This isn’t a daft idea. Definitely a lot of upsides

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think soonbe10 meant that Anderson runs an investment trust and other mutual funds rather than a hedge fund. 

Heartsofgold
57 minutes ago, brux said:

Get dreaming that you are sooking on that pipe!

That pipe has been sucked on like a baby on a tit.

Edited by Heartsofgold

8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

This isn’t a daft idea. Definitely a lot of upsides

Thanks to you and several other posters who liked it. 

FoH is a brilliant platform to support the club but just chucking money at stuff doesn't always work. I think Ann Budge and her closest supporters get that.  You can see how Hearts Hospitality went from being match day centric to operating the club bar/Skyline as well as securing contracts for a golf club (can't remember what one) and Watsonians Myreside clubhouse because they reset it as a standalone business and increased it's reach.

If you build it up then you make every £1 pledged to FoH will go a lot further. 

Edited by Mysterion

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think soonbe10 meant that Anderson runs an investment trust and other mutual funds rather than a hedge fund. 

In that article he calls himself a hedge funder, what you detailed is what they do. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Thanks to you and several other posters who liked it. 

FoH is a brilliant platform to support the club but just chucking money at stuff doesn't always work. I think Ann Budge and her closest supporters get that.  You can see how Hearts Hospitality went from being match day centric to operating the club bar/Skyline as well as securing contracts for a golf club (can't remember what one) and Watsonians Myreside clubhouse because they reset it as a standalone business and increased it's reach.

If you build it up then you make every £1 pledged to FoH will go a lot further. 

Exactly that. Back a few winners and suddenly every FOH £1 becomes £5 or £6, or in a Tesla example considerably more. Very interesting concept. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Sounds a bit like the Hearts support who continue to buy season tickets and plough millions into the club and expect nothing from the current team.

Haven't we all ? . Great user name by the way , had a Lambretta 175 ,back in the day .:cool_shades: 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

In that article he calls himself a hedge funder, what you detailed is what they do. 

Was just speculating as to what soonbe10 meant. Hedge Funds are different to the funds Anderson managed at Baillie Gifford.  They’re normally only available to rich investors and are prone to short termism and typically higher risk than a retail investor would normally be advised to take. 

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was just speculating as to what soonbe10 meant. Hedge Funds are different to the funds Anderson managed at Baillie Gifford.  They’re normally only available to rich investors and are prone to short termism and typically higher risk than a retail investor would normally be advised to take. 

Hedge funds are the scum of the investment world.  They are parasites and leeches and, unfortunately, very successful.  The best ones attract men and women who could design ships to get to Mars and the infrastructure to settle the planet but choose to use their genius to make money instead.  Can't blame them but doesn't mean I have to like them.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m struggling a bit with this.

First off, is Anderson one of the richest men in Scotland - genuine question

Second, if he is bankrolling payments say for exceptional young talent is this his investment eg he gets a cut of future transfer fees?

Third, if so is this allowed?

Fourth, if not why would he put (if it is true) £15m into the club

Fifth, Budge has mentioned twice now in official statements the changing face of European football and wanting to ensure we are part of it - does James Anderson help with that and how? Is it just money or is it who he knows?

Sixth, are we making a massive push this year to do something special for whatever reason?

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not my forte but a quick google search shows an article with him admitting he’s a hedge funder. 

But whit diz he ken aboot fitba?

That's the gold standard amongst the intelligentsia on here.

davemclaren

I think James’ directorship hung in the balance until he ate in the Skyline Restaurant. Just saying…

Ron Burgundy
19 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m struggling a bit with this.

First off, is Anderson one of the richest men in Scotland - genuine question

Second, if he is bankrolling payments say for exceptional young talent is this his investment eg he gets a cut of future transfer fees?

Third, if so is this allowed?

Fourth, if not why would he put (if it is true) £15m into the club

Fifth, Budge has mentioned twice now in official statements the changing face of European football and wanting to ensure we are part of it - does James Anderson help with that and how? Is it just money or is it who he knows?

Sixth, are we making a massive push this year to do something special for whatever reason?

We can knock number six on the head whilst clueless Bob is at the helm.

Nookie Bear
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think James’ directorship hung in the balance until he ate in the Skyline Restaurant. Just saying…

Mulled over the offer as he gazed wistfully at the Castle...er, i mean the top of Tynecastle School

davemclaren
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Mulled over the offer as he gazed wistfully at the Castle...er, i mean the top of Tynecastle School

He’s quite tall I believe. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not my forte but a quick google search shows an article with him admitting he’s a hedge funder. 

Must be a hedge fund he’s involved in that I didn’t know about👍

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That castle view must’ve swung it 😀

edit. Nookie beat me to it 🙃

Edited by GinRummy

Glamorgan Jambo

Fantastic to have him on the board. A guy with a great vision of what the future world will look like. And able to hold his own with and face down strong personalities.

A bit disappointed JJ hasn’t also been offered a seat on the board. I guess his second 6 month contract is up. Hope he’s kept on regardless.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

"His intentions are honorable"  sounds like a Mills and Boon line

Does AB have a heaving bosom struggling to burst free from her corsetry

:rofl:

I hope James Anderson and by extension the major source of his wealth Elon Musk are ready for the forensic analysis of their financial history that the .net experts will now be obliged to undertake.

They're playing in the big leagues now, and if as much as one misplaced decimal point is found it will unleash a barrage of "Dear Mr Gustas" type letters to the relevant authorities.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Exactly that. Back a few winners and suddenly every FOH £1 becomes £5 or £6, or in a Tesla example considerably more. Very interesting concept. 

We could buy 2 Teslas at 25k (or at a discount with Anderson's alleged connections) each every month with FoH Monet and raffle them off at a tenner a raffle ticket. Sell at least 10k raffle tickets each month for an extra monthly 50k.

Edited by ToqueJambo

boozyjambo
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Going to be great when HÆrt of Midlothian are co owned by Elon

😄 Niche!

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We could buy 2 Teslas at 25k (or at a discount with Anderson's alleged connections) each every month with FoH Monet and raffle them off at a tenner a raffle ticket. Sell at least 10k raffle tickets each month for an extra monthly 50k.

FoH have got a Monet? Forget the Teslas, just sell that. 😁

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Going to be great when HÆrt of Midlothian are co owned by Elon

At least the coin throwers won't cause any damage. No-one can get hurt by invisible money.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At least the coin throwers won't cause any damage. No-one can get hurt by invisible money.

Neil Lennon hit in the chest by a bit coin. That would sting. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I think JA will take over the club within the next couple of years.  Time will tell etc.

He will hopefully invest but we'll be fan-owned then remember. He seems a trustworthy sort but what about after him? Fan ownership prevents us falling into the hands of a shyster like Romanov again.

SidewaysFitba
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He will hopefully invest but we'll be fan-owned then remember. He seems a trustworthy sort but what about after him? Fan ownership prevents us falling into the hands of a shyster like Romanov again.

Those are valid concerns.   I'd like to think there are better checks and balances in place now v then.   
I'm not convinced fan ownership will ever go through tbh.   
Waiting to be proven otherwise.   
However, if it does, fan owned clubs often find it hard to raise enough capital to properly compete.   
And that's where a JA would come in.👍

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

Those are valid concerns.   I'd like to think there are better checks and balances in place now v then.   
I'm not convinced fan ownership will ever go through tbh.   
Waiting to be proven otherwise.   
However, if it does, fan owned clubs often find it hard to raise enough capital to properly compete.   
And that's where a JA would come in.👍

Not with 100K+ a month going into our coffers. Very happy to be heading for fan ownership with someone like JA on board as well. An infinitely better situation than several other clubs with owners who either seem quite incompetent (Cormack) or seem dodgy and incompetent (Ron Gordon, D Utd guy, Dundee guy)

Ainsley Harriott

According to inbred.net Anderson isn't that wealthy and is now facing a large capital gains tax bill. A well never mind eh 😂

SidewaysFitba
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not with 100K+ a month going into our coffers. Very happy to be heading for fan ownership with someone like JA on board as well. An infinitely better situation than several other clubs with owners who either seem quite incompetent (Cormack) or seem dodgy and incompetent (Ron Gordon, D Utd guy, Dundee guy)

Its good to have viable options tho, and JA would likely buy the club if enough fans wanted him to.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

According to inbred.net Anderson isn't that wealthy and is now facing a large capital gains tax bill. A well never mind eh 😂

Even with a cup final incoming they just can't help themselves. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He isn’t anything close to a hedge fund manager.  Seems you know very little but never mind. We all make mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Its good to have viable options tho, and JA would likely buy the club if enough fans wanted him to.

Not that simple though 50+1 maybe

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

**** how large 😫 maybe hes tryimg to get into Hearts then sell the ground to Tesco to pay for it. Would have gone to Hibs but second hand lego isnt worth as much

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boy there are quick, though to be fair their financial experts investigation as you say he isn't that wealthy, and even plays cricket for England. They are very good at finding their man....

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t anything close to a hedge fund manager.  Seems you know very little but never mind. We all make mistakes. 

There is no way he could be a hedge fund manager. It's a young mathematicians game which is heavily reliant on formulae and taking positions in the options market. He is a traditional investment manager who has taken a few private punts with his own cash which paid off - and how!

5 minutes ago, davieholt said:

There is no way he could be a hedge fund manager. It's a young mathematicians game which is heavily reliant on formulae and taking positions in the options market. He is a traditional investment manager who has taken a few private punts with his own cash which paid off - and how!

👍

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

I hope James Anderson and by extension the major source of his wealth Elon Musk are ready for the forensic analysis of their financial history that the .net experts will now be obliged to undertake.

They're playing in the big leagues now, and if as much as one misplaced decimal point is found it will unleash a barrage of "Dear Mr Gustas" type letters to the relevant authorities.

Absolutely.  Let's see how they cope now they're really in the big time.

27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

These clowns are unbelievable,  any shit chat about Hearts in lapped up without debate. 

Guys worth 850mill + and could pay his tax bill out of his loose change jar in his kitchen 😂

jamboinglasgow
Just now, ramrod said:

These clowns are unbelievable,  any shit chat about Hearts in lapped up without debate. 

Guys worth 850mill + and could pay his tax bill out of his loose change jar in his kitchen 😂

Where has this figure of £850m wealth come from? Last time I saw people working out his worth it was £50m+. A very decent amount but no where near the level of £850m.