James Anderson

Colonel Kurtz

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson has already said we won’t be spending any money, Anderson joining the board doesn’t look to me to be changing that or they would’ve told them to look at better players. 
We can but hope he will add something to the board, as the only one who isn’t beholding to Budge. 

Maybe Robbie didn't know JA was joining the board. Also, Robbie is well known to chat shit to the press. 

Edited by Cruyff

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Maybe Robbie didn't know JA was joining the board. Also, Robbie is well known to chat shit to the press. 

Neilson is a serial liar. 
Savage would surely have been informed if Anderson was giving us money to sign players? 

I think the positive spin of him joining the board would be the plebs thinking he’s bankrolling a move for Messi, or am I being overly cynical?

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson has already said we won’t be spending any money, Anderson joining the board doesn’t look to me to be changing that or they would’ve told them to look at better players. 
We can but hope he will add something to the board, as the only one who isn’t beholding to Budge. 

Hearts needs to operate with a solid business plan and focus on growth of commercial activities. 

If we do that then the playing staff budget increases. 

Anderson in theory is a key player in helping the business side of Hearts grow. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Savage would surely have been informed if Anderson was giving us money to sign players? 

I think the positive spin of him joining the board would be the plebs thinking he’s bankrolling a move for Messi, or am I being overly cynical?

Yes is the easy answer to your last question 👍👍👍

He's bringing his wallet as well. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Also if your a club looking to buy players with a bit of money, the last thing you want to do is tell everyone you have a bit of money. The selling club tends to see that and raises the price.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Hearts needs to operate with a solid business plan and focus on growth of commercial activities. 

If we do that then the playing staff budget increases. 

Anderson in theory is a key player in helping the business side of Hearts grow. 

Thanks for pointing out that most basic of facts.

I asked earlier on in this thread why a hedge fund manager would have expertise in this line and nobody could answer. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

We can but hope but I’m not sure your source could know this for certain. It has been mooted he would pay for Campbell from Motherwell, thoughts?

Let’s hope if he is and now he has a say we won’t piss his millions up against a wall again. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Also if your a club looking to buy players with a bit of money, the last thing you want to do is tell everyone you have a bit of money. The selling club tends to see that and raises the price.

Like Murray did last summer with his email asking if there’s anyone available and we might pay a fee? 

Anderson is investing over £15m into Hearts,  not sure over what time period and also not sure what the terms  of the investment are

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can but hope but I’m not sure your source could know this for certain. It has been mooted he would pay for Campbell from Motherwell, thoughts?

Let’s hope if he is and now he has a say we won’t piss his millions up against a wall again. 

Why would he suddenly stop giving us money once he actually joins the club so to speak? That makes absolutely no sense at all. 

I was told he will bring a substantial cash injection. I have no reason to believe that isn't true. 

I have no idea about Campbell. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Last time the Flumps finished 3rd Hearts finished 2nd the following season and won the cup.

Repeat would do nicely 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you're being overly cynical bud. 👍

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Indeed. 

Rogue Daddy
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree... with this in mind - I wonder if out targets are already 'sorted'?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You have to trust, its part of the ride. Given this fellas connections reckon us mortals should sit back and enjoy the ride.

39 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Wasn’t aware of that part , could get even more interesting. From a basic level

of forward thinking and positivity i am glad we got this over the line and I despair at those trying to turn it to negative thoughts 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Why would he suddenly stop giving us money once he actually joins the club so to speak? That makes absolutely no sense at all. 

I was told he will bring a substantial cash injection. I have no reason to believe that isn't true. 

I have no idea about Campbell. 

I didn’t say he wouldn’t I’m just doubtful that his money will be used exclusively for transfers, or indeed give more, as some folk on this thread and the one about today’s statement seem to think. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think you're being overly cynical bud. 👍

Hopefully. 

jamboinglasgow

If James has close ties with Elon Musk through his investing, then forget Tesla, I want us to be sponsored by SpaceX. And if their new Starship rockets do achieve their goal of taking people Mars, I would love them to name one "Heart of Midlothian."

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If James has close ties with Elon Musk through his investing, then forget Tesla, I want us to be sponsored by SpaceX. And if their new Starship rockets do achieve their goal of taking people Mars, I would love them to name one "Heart of Midlothian."

Enough rockets in our support I think. 😜

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the answer is a definite"YES".

Firstly Neilson is not going to come out and say that we are amazingly loaded as fees/wage demands will inevitably increase and maybe Savage has been informed.  Do you really want RN/JS to give the world chapter and verse of our every move/intention?

Why can't you just be happy for Hearts for what, on paper at least, is a piece of positive welcome news?

And why do you call people plebs for believing something ridiculously unlikely that you have just made up?

Chillax.

Edited by JamboAl

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I’m not sure i8 could handle it if meant funds not going to the first team 😆

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say he wouldn’t I’m just doubtful that his money will be used exclusively for transfers, or indeed give more, as some folk on this thread and the one about today’s statement seem to think. 

I agree with you on this. While hoping he is going to continue to financially back the club, until I see/hear otherwise I will assume he's joined the board to keep an eye on what we do with the money he's already donated and any future money he introduces through the possible MND sponsorship (or any other). He will, undoubtedly, be bringing a financial genius' eye which may well pay financial dividends even if he doesn't empty his pockets into the bottomless pit that is our/every football club.

Not doubting Notts information one bit, just being careful with my hopes after six decades of supporting Hearts. One thing we can be pretty sure of, though, is that, regardless of how much he might put in, he won't allow it to be spent like it's confetti a la Romanov.

OK, anyone for Harry Kane? Could do a job!

Malinga the Swinga

I hope Mr Anderson never ever reads this site, as some of the comments from our so called supporters are a disgrace. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I agree with you on this. While hoping he is going to continue to financially back the club, until I see/hear otherwise I will assume he's joined the board to keep an eye on what we do with the money he's already donated and any future money he introduces through the possible MND sponsorship (or any other). He will, undoubtedly, be bringing a financial genius' eye which may well pay financial dividends even if he doesn't empty his pockets into the bottomless pit that is our/every football club.

Not doubting Notts information one bit, just being careful with my hopes after six decades of supporting Hearts. One thing we can be pretty sure of, though, is that, regardless of how much he might put in, he won't allow it to be spent like it's confetti a la Romanov.

OK, anyone for Harry Kane? Could do a job!

Agreed. 
Neilson would have Kane as a sitter in midfield 😆😜

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I hope Mr Anderson never ever reads this site, as some of the comments from our so called supporters are a disgrace. 

There is a big difference between a supporter and a fan, a supporter generally supports the team, be that in person or financially or both, some posters in here do neither

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed. 
Neilson would have Kane as a sitter in midfield 😆😜

He'd still score 30...by Christmas!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

He'd still score 30...by Christmas!

😆👍🏽. think if he goes to City he could do that there. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You have to trust, its part of the ride. Given this fellas connections reckon us mortals should sit back and enjoy the ride.

I’ve not enjoyed it so far since he’s been involved but hopefully things will improve going forward. 
I don’t trust rich folk as a rule 😆

On 14/05/2021 at 12:43, OTT said:

Yup, no one puts money into Scottish football and expects it back. 

Budge?

Valois No1

Great news he is joining. He has donated a fortune to us and I for one more than welcome him to the club.

Welcome James!

37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You'll already have some dreaming of a "Neilson Out" banner attached to the back of a SpaceX Rocket 😅

2 minutes ago, AmeriDan said:

You'll already have some dreaming of a "Neilson Out" banner attached to the back of a SpaceX Rocket 😅

Or Neilson himself attached to said rocket....

18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Budge?

I was thinking more along the lines of investment for profit but point taken 🤣

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who knows what’s going on? Certainly none of us, however if Anderson is injecting cash I’m pretty sure that will be kept under wraps until after we make signings otherwise fees just go up for no other reason. 

Maybe the non-executive role is due the fact he still has the best part of a year to go until he leaves BG ?

A man of integrity  who has a history of making money and investing it well joins the Board. What’s not to like. 

Pity this announcement is a little late.

Could’ve offered Frear an extension...

Edited by Debut 4

Pasquale for King
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Pity this announcement is a little late.

Could’ve offered Frear an extension...

Hahahahaha hopefully Savage will have a better quality lined up than RN with JJ helping did last summer. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hopefully we get more winners medals in the the future and less constellation prizes...

::troll:: 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha hopefully Savage will have a better quality lined up than RN with JJ helping did last summer. 

😁👍🏻

I asked earlier on in this thread why a hedge fund manager would have expertise in this line and nobody could answer. 

I'd like to see Hearts build it's own fund (property/shares/other businesses). I think it's very unlikely but it would using some FoH money to build it the long term strategy would see profit directed into the playing side budget. 

The reality for a club like ours is that we have to explore different ways to level the playing field when it comes to Rangers/Celtic. 

Who is the hedge fund manager?