James Anderson

Colonel Kurtz

Italian Lambretta
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Anyone thinking that JA would have become involved with Hearts without Budge being involved must be on crack.

She's got things wrong but ultimately her legacy - which will be the completed stadium and what looks like long term additional investment throughout the club - will show her to have been our own Fergus McCann (IMO)

Which begs the question why her continued stubborn approach and bad decisions over the last 3 years have alienated the vast majority of fans. She has thrown all her initial good work down the toilet.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Anyone thinking that JA would have become involved with Hearts without Budge being involved must be on crack.

She's got things wrong but ultimately her legacy - which will be the completed stadium and what looks like long term additional investment throughout the club - will show her to have been our own Fergus McCann (IMO)

As soon as we have  3/4 consistent seasons and are moving forward on the pitch most folk will look back at her this way. 

Said this along with others a few years ago, Last seasons shit show and demotion makes it difficult to see the wood for the trees tho. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Which begs the question why her continued stubborn approach and bad decisions over the last 3 years have alienated the vast majority of fans. She has thrown all her initial good work down the toilet.

She's not alienated the "vast majority" of fans. 

You made that up. That is not true. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Australis said:

After watching Neilson wasting money on so much trash last year I think Anderson will be to clever to give him anymore to waste.

What money did Robbie waste on trash last year? 

He's actually moving on or moved on much of the "trash". 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo

I do also think this is how she'll be remembered. The stick McCann took from Celtic fans was incredible but he did what had to be done at the time and laid the foundation for everything that followed for them.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, sadj said:

That and arsed getting the abuse that AB has received after investing her money and her time in to the club , good aspects or bad.

Hopefully the personal abuse such as the house visits to Budge  don't put him of our club, fan base and from investing in the future. 

Be ironic if these types actually put of someone of his standing and means from doing what they actually want - replace Budge and throw some money  at us. 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But has he?

Retiring from Baillie Gifford in April 2022.

He's already been nominated for Chairman of the board at Kinnevik in Sweden too so I think he'd be in the transition of handing over management of Scottish Mortgage Inv Trust and taking on the new position there whilst also offering his time in a non-exec capacity with us. 

Lucky to have him and his knowledge. Proven record of identifying companies and growing them to maximise their potential over 5-10 years. Fingers crossed he can bring some positivity and fresh ideas to challenge our current board 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

What money did Robbie waste on trash last year? 

He's actually moving on or moved on much of the "trash". 

All those magnificent wingers that arrive and were totally useless.

I take it we paid their wages or were they all doing it for nothing.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I do also think this is how she'll be remembered. The stick McCann took from Celtic fans was incredible but he did what had to be done at the time and laid the foundation for everything that followed for them.

Celtic fans booed Fergus when he unfurled the flag (stopping Rangers getting 10 in a row). I thought that was very embarrassing. The fans were unhappy Wim Janssen left but he never stayed anywhere for more than a year and was out of work a lot. He also seemed to start arguments in an empty room!  I did like his comments to the Scottish media - "I won't talk to you as it is a waste of my time as you are all stupid and have no understanding of football."  It gave Murdo Macleod a job - talking to the media and moving the cones at training. No criticism of a Celtic manager by the media for saying this, of course!

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Fergus McCann won Celtic the league and stopped ten.  Budge got us relegated. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Australis said:

So the team that got promoted was trash? 

Fair enough. 

Stendelnator
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So the team that got promoted was trash? 

Fair enough. 

A team that gets promoted from the second tier is not necessarily a team that succeeds in the top tier. 

Also our best players this season were players who were not signed by Robbie Neilson. 

Edited by Stendelnator

On 20/05/2021 at 20:11, jamboinglasgow said:

Where has this figure of £850m wealth come from? Last time I saw people working out his worth it was £50m+. A very decent amount but no where near the level of £850m.

I looked at all last year in detail and came to the larger figure. Based on his own statements then working out what that meant. 

Generally best to underplay these things anyway. I'm happy to go along with whatever figure .net comes up with.

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

A team that gets promoted from the second tier is not necessarily a team that succeeds in the top tier. 

Also our best players this season were players who were not signed by Robbie Neilson. 

Gordon and Ginnelly were alright I thought... Kingsley too.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

No one said it was. 

We signed players that were relative to our budget and position in order to get promoted. 

Not trash, job done. 

👍

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Exactly, Frear, Popescu, Roberts and Kasteneer anyway.

48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No one said it was. 

We signed players that were relative to our budget and position in order to get promoted. 

Not trash, job done. 

👍

So Ann Budge was lying in her recent statement when she said "Another key priority for this season was to bring in new players with the skills and character to be able to compete successfully at Premiership level."

12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Think this is a nice way to look at Budges legacy, getting that stand done finally has been something the previous owners (vlad, pieman) both failed to do and it will set the club up for at least the next decade. 

Hopefully more can be done to secure the land around Tynie to protect future expansion should the need arise. 

9 hours ago, FTH said:

So Ann Budge was lying in her recent statement when she said "Another key priority for this season was to bring in new players with the skills and character to be able to compete successfully at Premiership level."

On final point. 
Craig Gordon, GMS, McEneff, Gnanduillet. 
whether they succeed or not is a different matter. Tell me if you believe they don’t fit that description. 
yes we have signed short-term, gap-fill players and some which haven’t worked out     
but you clearly have some seethe inside you about Budge which forces you to disrespect her and selectively interpret the facts to try and support your agenda. 
if you agree with my comments above, would you like to withdraw you comment and admit Budge was not lying. Or are you not man enough to accept you may have got carried away with your need to disrespect her and got it wrong again?  
Thought not. 

9 minutes ago, Sid said:

On final point. 
whether they succeed or not is a different matter. Tell me if you believe they don’t fit that description. 
yes we have signed short-term, gap-fill players and some which haven’t worked out     
but you clearly have some seethe inside you about Budge which forces you to disrespect her and selectively interpret the facts to try and support your agenda. 
if you agree with my comments above, would you like to withdraw you comment and admit Budge was not lying. Or are you not man enough to accept you may have got carried away with your need to disrespect her and got it wrong again?  
Thought not. 

Well said 

Sorry, but the term eye bleeding has been repeatedly used on this forum for years.  Absolutely no getting away from it.  The 'football department" has let us down very badly indeed.

We are looking up at Hibs.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry, but the term eye bleeding has been repeatedly used on this forum for years.  Absolutely no getting away from it.  The 'football department" has let us down very badly indeed.

I don’t think the last few games fitted that term. And there were a few others dotted through the Season (first game) If we are to prosper in Prem, think we will have to “grind out a few results” (eye-bleeding) but here’s hoping for us “having a go in a lot” more and if being a lot more bearable. 
Hibs who? 

Just now, Sid said:

I don’t think the last few games fitted that term. And there were a few others dotted through the Season (first game) If we are to prosper in Prem, think we will have to “grind out a few results” (eye-bleeding) but here’s hoping for us “having a go in a lot” more and if being a lot more bearable. 
Hibs who? 

Good man.  I am always optimistic.

20 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Agree with this.  It's so frustrating how shite we've been on the park (and training ground) these last few years.

Everything else at the club is great.  Football is pretty important to a football club mind you!!!!!

Does irk me the abuse and hate she gets.  I find it hard to see beyond the mess she saved us from and the work she's put in to make us safe and I'm very sure in a great position to be competitive.  My ire all goes towards Levein - he let us down ultimately.  All Ann did was buy his snake oil unfortunately.

Folk making digs about the restaurant, women's team, whatever it may be, for me don't get it.  These things should be part of a succesful, forward thinking club. The single most important thing is what we do on the pitch, but all those other things shouldn't stop or be shelved if we're not playing well!!!  That's mental!!

I agree with much of this. I also reckon there’s a touch of misogyny involved in the abuse AB gets, especially when someone bangs on that she ‘doesn’t understand football’. She’s a supporter, the same as the rest of us, and likely to have as much understanding as the next person sitting in the stand. In fact, she’s likely to have even more insight, having run a club for a few years now.

There’s no doubt she’s made mistakes, but I’d say the good more than outweighs the bad.

38 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

You might be Doug. 

Independence
13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's not alienated the "vast majority" of fans. 

You made that up. That is not true. 

Spot on. Thank goodness KB does not reflect the 'majority of fans'. It does however, reflect the minority of moaning, ungrateful, 'experts' connected with Hearts (including the many 'Trojan Horses').

Seymour M Hersh
43 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know you love to go to their shite forum and obsess on the vermin but never, ever do we look up at these mutants. Regardless of league positions. 

Independence
44 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Since  when would any Hearts fan look up to H1b5? 

44 minutes ago, Sid said:

On final point. 
Thought not. 

Aye alright, I bow down to your superior opinion and submit. Everything is rosey in the garden and nothing should ever be criticised or pointed out as being anything less than perfection. All hail Queen Ann emperor of all things wonderful, King Neilson leader of greatness and don't forget ringleader Sid defender of all things fantastic.

Why would I withdraw my comment? It was perfectly valid. Those players I listed are not the standard we should be looking to sign. Why would I need to be man enough to accept your opinion over mine? What are you slavering about "got it wrong again"? Surely no-one in the world can get anything wrong or at least no-one else is allowed to point out that they have done or you'll wade in to the rescue of the poor souls.

People can have different opinions, the only things that creates any "seethe" for me is people point blank refusing to acknowledge any flaws or criticise anything.

Sure Gordon was a good signing, GMS is maybe reached 60/40 on the good side with his performances towards the last few games after a ropey start so there's hope for him, McEneff could go either way depending on what Neilson does with him and I wouldn't put Gnanduillet in the success pile just yet. None of that detracts from my point that Frear was absolutely pish, Popescu only showed any signs of ability while bandaged up suffering from a head knock and was a bombscare every other time he was near the ball, Roberts was a failure although having shown promise at Motherwell maybe that's down to poor coaching (but as its not possible to criticise so it can't be that) and Kasteneer...the less said about him the better.

Add to that signing Stewart not once but twice, even for a 2nd choice keeper we should be aiming higher than him.

4 minutes ago, FTH said:

Aye alright, I bow down to your superior opinion and submit. Everything is rosey in the garden and nothing should ever be criticised or pointed out as being anything less than perfection. All hail Queen Ann emperor of all things wonderful, King Neilson leader of greatness and don't forget ringleader Sid defender of all things fantastic.

Why would I withdraw my comment? It was perfectly valid. Those players I listed are not the standard we should be looking to sign. Why would I need to be man enough to accept your opinion over mine? What are you slavering about "got it wrong again"? Surely no-one in the world can get anything wrong or at least no-one else is allowed to point out that they have done or you'll wade in to the rescue of the poor souls.

People can have different opinions, the only things that creates any "seethe" for me is people point blank refusing to acknowledge any flaws or criticise anything.

Sure Gordon was a good signing, GMS is maybe reached 60/40 on the good side with his performances towards the last few games after a ropey start so there's hope for him, McEneff could go either way depending on what Neilson does with him and I wouldn't put Gnanduillet in the success pile just yet. None of that detracts from my point that Frear was absolutely pish, Popescu only showed any signs of ability while bandaged up suffering from a head knock and was a bombscare every other time he was near the ball, Roberts was a failure although having shown promise at Motherwell maybe that's down to poor coaching (but as its not possible to criticise so it can't be that) and Kasteneer...the less said about him the better.

Add to that signing Stewart not once but twice, even for a 2nd choice keeper we should be aiming higher than him.

Cut all the defective crap out. This point isn’t about me, Robbie, Stewart. 

You called her a liar and quoted one statement. Stick to this point. 
Were the signings I mentioned (not others) “players with the skills and character to be able to compete successfully at Premiership level."?

If you can honestly say no, I accept that’s your opinion which I disagree with but that’s end of it. 

If some or all of them are, she did not “lie” and we delivered on this objective. 
If you call someone a liar and you are proven wrong, it would be man of you to accept that, on this point you were wrong.  
Your call. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

**** Hibs. Stay of .net as well. Your brain is being poisoned. 

10 hours ago, FTH said:

How recent?

Was that after it became clear we were winning the Championship?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dear me.

WTF has this to do with JA joining the Board?

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, FTH said:

"lying"..... 

GMS, McEneff, Gnando, Gino, gms, Kingsley, Gordon, Halliday where all bought with that in mind. 

Popescu and Frear   have also had a few seasons of top flight football. 

Roberts actually played the season in top flight. 

What a ****ing holocaust of a post Tbh. 

Absolute mince, just bile and seethe. 

51 minutes ago, S Form said:

I agree with much of this. I also reckon there’s a touch of misogyny involved in the abuse AB gets, especially when someone bangs on that she ‘doesn’t understand football’. She’s a supporter, the same as the rest of us, and likely to have as much understanding as the next person sitting in the stand. In fact, she’s likely to have even more insight, having run a club for a few years now.

There’s no doubt she’s made mistakes, but I’d say the good more than outweighs the bad.

Agreed. It's tough to do but you need to separate on and off field when assessing her work and there is - I think - no argument that not only would we not be in such rude health if it wasn't for Ann, but we very well would have gone bust.

The stand alone was pipe dream stuff. Pick away at contracts, overriding costs etc, but that's a massive legacy.

The misogyny is definite. Never hear anyone say Billy Bowie knows nothing about football. What are his credentials? Or any other owner, to be frank. Her job is to fix and secure our business, she has done so above my expectations.

Football people have let her down. Levein sold her. If she'd done her due dillegence, she'd wonder why he's close to being the most unpopular man in Scottish football. That mistake sullied her other work and that's a shame. The abuse she gets tarnishes her time with us, for her more than anyone, but she keeps going.

She got very personal and ott abuse in the last couple of months yet still brings in James Anderson, still keeps working hard.

On balance of the whole thing, we're very lucky to have her and I think history will be kind.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"lying"..... 

GMS, McEneff, Gnando, Gino, gms, Kingsley, Gordon, Halliday where all bought with that in mind. 

Popescu and Frear   have also had a few seasons of top flight football. 

Roberts actually played the season in top flight. 

What a ****ing holocaust of a post Tbh. 

Absolute mince, just bile and seethe. 

You're right here. Broken clock like mate, ha ha! But you're right!

ford donald
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I assume 1) means that he has no shares in the club?

Don't think the man wants any official ties,he is in on a  unoffficial capacity,no doubt he wiil gives his help and advice though.

2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Don't think the man wants any official ties,he is in on a  unoffficial capacity,no doubt he wiil gives his help and advice though.

Then why bother becoming a Director at all ?

Nookie Bear
Just now, DH1986 said:

To have a say and opinion on the spending of his cash, I presume. 

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Agree with the above. I think the fact that he has been providing money to Scottish football in general, e.g.. the funds to enable clubs to meet their Covid testing requirements, probably means he doesn't want ot be seen to be getting tied to one club. He may wish to continue with providing funds across the board and becoming an exec at HMFC could well make it more difficult for him to justify providing money for clubs seen as opponents of HMFC, in football terms.

I may be wrong here, but I view his role in much the same way as I view the role of Jim Jefferies, i.e. to offer advice where asked. And in Mr Anderson's case provide the club with funding as an investor should he wish to do so.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To have a say and opinion on the spending of his cash, I presume. 

That would be quite an official tie imo.

Nookie Bear
Just now, DH1986 said:

That would be quite an official tie imo.

I know. But there will be a way of him being able to offer opinions and stipulations without being tied to endless meetings. 

If I was chucking money at Hearts I would want some official input, to say the least. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't think anyone needs to be concerned about James Anderson to be honest. 

Just a hunch, he knows what he's doing 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I know. But there will be a way of him being able to offer opinions and stipulations without being tied to endless meetings. 

If I was chucking money at Hearts I would want some official input, to say the least. 

My guess is he’s working his way into Hearts whilst working his way out of BG. 

He doesn’t appear to be the sort of guy who’ll retire to the potting shed in between watching his favourite daytime tv programmes. His role with the Swedish outfit isn’t exactly a hands on role so I’m hoping he sees us as a project he can occupy at least some of his time with whilst not working from dusk till dawn.

He clearly wants an official input of some sort or the relationship would have stayed the same.

Just wait till Craig Gordon makes his first mistake. Anderson will be personally to blame. He’ll have to pony-up for Navas or fek-aff with his cronies. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't think anyone needs to be concerned about James Anderson to be honest. 

Just a hunch, he knows what he's doing 

Hopefully he can give the club some pointers on where to invest some of its income.

He could turn £250k of FOH money into £2.5m within 10 years going by his previous track record.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hopefully he can give the club some pointers on where to invest some of its income.

He could turn £250k of FOH money into £2.5m within 10 years going by his previous track record.

Sure he could but footy won’t allow reserving well-needed funds for a season, let alone ten. It’s a pay as you go business I’m afraid. 

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Non executive directors are typically retired or planning their retirement. His role will be to improve good governance and help with risk strategies. 

43 minutes ago, Sid said:

Just wait till Craig Gordon makes his first mistake. Anderson will be personally to blame. He’ll have to pony-up for Navas or fek-aff with his cronies. 

Anderson has gifted his money, is a non executive board member, and isn't 15 months late in fulfilling a contract to transfer his shareholding to the fans.

Apart from that your point is a zinger. 😉

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Cut all the defective crap out. This point isn’t about me, Robbie, Stewart. 

You called her a liar and quoted one statement. Stick to this point. 
Were the signings I mentioned (not others) “players with the skills and character to be able to compete successfully at Premiership level."?

If you can honestly say no, I accept that’s your opinion which I disagree with but that’s end of it. 

If some or all of them are, she did not “lie” and we delivered on this objective. 
If you call someone a liar and you are proven wrong, it would be man of you to accept that, on this point you were wrong.  
Your call. 

Yes?/No?

That’ll be the end of this conversation then.