Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Correct!

Is this fact or just an opinion?

I have no idea what the regulations are for rail seating so genuinely interested.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We should introduce 2 new sections

Bam section 

500 seats? 

A section where folk can go mental, hell for leather, flag waving, swearing, sing naughty songs, just let them go crazy. 

Would add to the atmosphere while making sure they are caged in 1 area. 

"boo" section

Maybe 250 seats 

Folk can all group up, moan about the youth set up, the stadium, Bob, Budge, players, contracts, CL, Savage, state of the grass etc and exchange their wide ranging professional expertise ranging from medical treatment and law through to scouting/ player development and tactics- mainly press high and get in tae  them and how it's the best tactic, Eva. 

More importantly they can boooooo anyone with immunity 

Make Tynecastle great again. 👍

Your way under the actual threshold of what we really need 😏

millerjames398
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Have you seen that officially Tazio?

Doesn't make sense to me, as my inderstanding of safe-standing means you have a leaning rail in front of you to prevent you going into the row below.

Imo, safe-standing is safer as its easier to fall over the seat in front, as I have done.

Alright, hospitality refreshments were the main cause.:facepalm:

I had the misfortune to land on the folks, infront of me in the wheatfield stand against Motherwell yrs ago..not celebrating though, screaming at the poor man's collina john rowbotham, think they beat us every game that season,,including the lge cup semi final🤬😂🇱🇻

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bam section 

500 seats? 

A section where folk can go mental, hell for leather, flag waving, swearing, sing naughty songs, just let them go crazy. 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

Folk can all group up, moan about the youth set up, the stadium, Bob, Budge, players, contracts, CL, Savage, state of the grass etc and exchange their wide ranging professional expertise ranging from medical treatment and law through to scouting/ player development and tactics- mainly press high and get in tae  them and how it's the best tactic, Eva. 

The boo section? You just described kickback. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, gjcc said:

The boo section? You just described kickback. 

You got "boo" and "bam" mixed up... 

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

I have no idea what the regulations are for rail seating so genuinely interested.

After listening to SATF podcast I get the feeling that the stands being too steep is like the pie man saying Tynecastle is not fit for purpose.  

The pie man said the pitch was too small and also the media Center  was too small for European games. But one call to UEFA and we got told that we would have dispensation for the pitch size and media Center is only a problem if we held quarter games and above. 

lost in space
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bam section 

500 seats? 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

Fantastic idea but Boooo section needs to be much bigger. Need to have only 1 turnstile that is very slow,  pie stall that runs out of pies before ko, faulty speaker, obscured view of pitch - all ust in case team play well.

I'll take 2 tickets please.

2 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

I had the misfortune to land on the folks, infront of me in the wheatfield stand against Motherwell yrs ago..not celebrating though, screaming at the poor man's collina john rowbotham, think they beat us every game that season,,including the lge cup semi final🤬😂🇱🇻

And that prik what's his name got a penalty given to him every game  ?????

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The question should be "which one makes the most profit?"

Hospitality would make much more profit than a bar with a few hundred.

A guy selling a single bag of chips is probably more profitable. 😄

Depends surely on demand. Empty hospitality would make less than a full bar. Leaving aside the question of why a bar is not hospitality. It seems obvious that there is not enough demand for the Gorgie Suite as the "premier match day experience"  despite it being the best venue by far IMO.

millerjames398
26 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

And that prik what's his name got a penalty given to him every game  ?????

Can't remember that mate, but it was a stonewall penalty at the gorgie end, he denied us, that was the final straw for me, bounced out my seat, and went right down between the folk infront,,my mate had to help me back, legs in the air the lot,,no my finest 30 seconds....😂🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Fantastic idea but Boooo section needs to be much bigger. Need to have only 1 turnstile that is very slow,  pie stall that runs out of pies before ko, faulty speaker, obscured view of pitch - all ust in case team play well.

I'll take 2 tickets please.

😁

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Depends surely on demand. Empty hospitality would make less than a full bar. Leaving aside the question of why a bar is not hospitality. It seems obvious that there is not enough demand for the Gorgie Suite as the "premier match day experience"  despite it being the best venue by far IMO.

For ‘lesser’ games where the Gorgie Suite isn’t full they do ( or did pre covid ) partition it and open part as a ticketed bar with some bowl food. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

For ‘lesser’ games where the Gorgie Suite isn’t full they do ( or did pre covid ) partition it and open part as a ticketed bar with some bowl food. 

I know which is kind of my point. I have been in the Gorgie Suite a few times before the new stand was built and always felt it had a sense if occasion lacking in the new stand hospitality. The view of the pitch and the other stands when the windows were opened by way of a novel design for example beat by a long way a view of the empty Foundation Square and Tynecasrle High School. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I know which is kind of my point. I have been in the Gorgie Suite a few times before the new stand was built and always felt it had a sense if occasion lacking in the new stand hospitality. The view of the pitch and the other stands when the windows were opened by way of a novel design for example beat by a long way a view of the empty Foundation Square and Tynecasrle High School. 

I think the other lounges are too open and bright. The Gorgie Suite has a bit of atmosphere that seems to be lacking in the other lounges imo. 

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the other lounges are too open and bright. The Gorgie Suite has a bit of atmosphere that seems to be lacking in the other lounges imo. 

Agreed. I found the new lounge I used in the new stand  a bland square room with no character. The presentations and interviews were conducted out of clear  sight with no focal point as in  the Gorgie Suite. It just felt cheap which for £20m plus was disappointing.

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 hours ago, Nobreath said:

This has come up on here before and from memory it was said then that for safe standing you need a certain maximum angle of steepness and the three older stands - particularly higher up - exceed the maximum steepness.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

If we're going to be pedantic about it then can I point out that there is no such thing as empty hospitality.

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

If we're going to be pedantic about it then can I point out that there is no such thing as empty hospitality.

OK then a less than full form of hospitality can be less profitable than a fuller form of hospitality. Which unless you are pedantic is obviously what I meant.

And I have been in a few hospitality venues  recently which have been empty or would have been but for me and my wife.

Edited by Francis Albert

51 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A big marquee bar set up on the practice pitch behind the Wheatfield with portaloos. 

:munny:

Portaloos are the most disgusting things going. Thank **** Ive never been a building site worker/music festival goer.

Naisys Tackle
On 16/07/2021 at 14:47, Stu_HMFC said:

Roseburn Stand changed to The John Robertson Stand

I cant see any more development in Tynecastle . The Roseburn and Wheatfield went up in the 90s I wonder what the expectation is of the structure and how long it would potentially last. 

Robbo should be the main stand.  Roseburn could be known as the hammer end I suppose. 

40 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Can we get back to filling in the corners please.

Sky hooks were on order from Lithuania but Brexit increased the price drastically. 

jambo-in-furness
10 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Sky hooks were on order from Lithuania but Brexit increased the price drastically. 

Effin Boris

8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Portaloos are the most disgusting things going. Thank **** Ive never been a building site worker/music festival goer.

I used to visit the pisser up the back of the shed. If you ever went there, portaloo’s are a luxury 😂

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I used to visit the pisser up the back of the shed. If you ever went there, portaloo’s are a luxury 😂

You must be a bottom Panner,i must say the toilets in the Railway Pub are a joy to behold.:gok:

23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not much between them imo :lol:

45 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You must be a bottom Panner,i must say the toilets in the Railway Pub are a joy to behold.:gok:

How very dare you! I'm not, and yes they are wonderful 🤮

12 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

This has come up on here before and from memory it was said then that for safe standing you need a certain maximum angle of steepness and the three older stands - particularly higher up - exceed the maximum steepness.

I've heard this as well, but it would be interesting to see the health and safety regulations that cover this.  I haven't been able to find anything in any article I've read about the subject.

Sell Tynecastle & relocate to a site which allows expansion with a 35,000 seater stadium.

Build it and they will come.

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bam section 

500 seats? 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

Or just put them in one big section- Bamboo maybe?

35 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Sell Tynecastle & relocate to a site which allows expansion with a 35,000 seater stadium.

Not suggesting this at all but burn down/blow up the old Tynecastle School and the Brewery and Hey-presto, loads of space to expand or build a new stadium.

You can thank me later (or not).

1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

I've heard this as well, but it would be interesting to see the health and safety regulations that cover this.  I haven't been able to find anything in any article I've read about the subject.

According to Wiki the Wheatfield stand 'slopes at just under 34 degrees, the maximum angle permitted'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tynecastle_Park

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Slowly landing on this too. Limited space in the city though. Unless we could buy a golf course? 

I think it’s something to think about, but presently it suits our needs. 

53 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not suggesting this at all but burn down/blow up the old Tynecastle School and the Brewery and Hey-presto, loads of space to expand or build a new stadium.

This Guy has the right idea. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Which brewery in particular? The one on Slateford Road? 

Just now, Tazio said:

Which brewery in particular? The one on Slateford Road? 

Well whatever the feck its called next door smart erse!

16 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Robbo should be the main stand.  Roseburn could be known as the hammer end I suppose. 

Roseburn for Robbo so Hibs have to look at his name on their ticket every time they come 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Roseburn for Robbo so Hibs have to look at his name on their ticket every time they come 

I don't think it would do justice for arguably our greatest ever player.   Get it called the Skacel end. . 

1 hour ago, Hesh said:

The 1-5 stand?

As H1b5 already have the Famous 5 Stand,

We could have the Famous 5-1 Stand.

Making it the Roseburn end would be :glorious:

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

All in on this. 

Yes.  The Famous 5-1 Stand.  A bit provocative but if you read Ian Murray's book or reflect on the part they played in our covid expulsion, they've been provocative wee rascals themselves.

17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your enhancement is to be commended