Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

Reva fans bar - The Gorgie suite will make way more from hospitality for this to be an option most weeks.

We've got whole floors in the main stand lying empty.  Surely there is room for a bit of everything for everyone? 

In my opinion clubs (not just Hearts) are too focused on corporate and families to the extent they neglect massive chunks of the support (usually the ones who follow the team away) and its about time they put the noisy, pain in the arse, passionate (sometimes abusive) fans as part of the plans to improve the experience.  It's these fans that moan that football isn't what it used to be.  We're talking 3000 punters out of 20,000.  

Chuck them all in one bit, give them some beers and some pies, get the atmosphere going and we'd be the envy of a lot of clubs.  All in my opinion of course.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

We've got whole floors in the main stand lying empty.  Surely there is room for a bit of everything for everyone? 

In my opinion clubs (not just Hearts) are too focused on corporate and families to the extent they neglect massive chunks of the support (usually the ones who follow the team away) and its about time they put the noisy, pain in the arse, passionate (sometimes abusive) fans as part of the plans to improve the experience.  It's these fans that moan that football isn't what it used to be.  We're talking 3000 punters out of 20,000.  

Chuck them all in one bit, give them some beers and some pies, get the atmosphere going and we'd be the envy of a lot of clubs.  All in my opinion of course.

Great idea in theory, however they would never let it happen in case they sang some naughty songs. 

52 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Disagree.

Where it would be implemented is the bigger problem.

Standing in the lower causes sight line issues to the lower rows above the concourse and disabled fans.

Making the whole upper of Gorgie causes  issues with Hospitality section.

Changing Section G or other wings causes sight issues to seated F, etc.

That's not right, unless you were waving one of those huge tifo flags.

11.jpg

12 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Spot on.

Football abroad is generally a much more enjoyable day out. Whilst I'll always be a 'wins before anything else' kind of guy, an exciting and fun matchday experience covers a multitude of sins on the park. Personally I find our offering as dull as the product on the park was last time I went. 

I've been to a few games in Europe and whether it was a good game, or a bad game myself and the home fans around about me seemed to enjoy the occasion regardless.

Edited by Taffin

44 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Is there any official evidence that the stands at Tynecastle are too steep? Is there a report/ link anywhere?

What is the allowable gradient, what is the current gradient in the gorgie stand?

With the exception of the main stand none of the stands at Tynecastle would be allowed to be built now due to the steepness of them but anything built before the regulations were changed is allowed to continue being used. 

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Great idea in theory, however they would never let it happen in case they sang some naughty songs. 

I think Its probably the arseholes who feel they need to punch people when they drink would be the issue not "naughty songs" although that needs stamped out IMO.

A large fans bar in the Gorgie is a great idea (Yes I know there is one on the corner of the main stand but lets be honest, its mainly shite). As said above, they can always fix out the 2nd floor of the main stand and put more hospitality in there.

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

See Taz's response below. It would be a Health & Safety issue - our insurance would be ridiculously expensive even if it was allowed. 

No idea but I used to have a season ticket a few rows from the back of the Wheatfield and I certainly wouldn't fancy standing up there:shocked666:

Don't panic there's a 4ft high barrier for you to hold on to.  I think standing would actually be safer than jumping up and out your seat when there's a goal or a chance or someone has smashed a Hibee.

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think Its probably the arseholes who feel they need to punch people when they drink would be the issue not "naughty songs" although that needs stamped out IMO.

A large fans bar in the Gorgie is a great idea (Yes I know there is one on the corner of the main stand but lets be honest, its mainly shite). As said above, they can always fix out the 2nd floor of the main stand and put more hospitality in there.

These arseholes are in the ground anyway. Better they are near someone who might punch them back rather than a frail person or surrounded by people who want to take their kids along to the game.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

No panic here mate, I'd just be surprised if we were allowed to do it, that's all. Good point on jumping out your seat etc. Let's hope I can test that theory out on Sunday:yas:

:robboyas:

27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

With the exception of the main stand none of the stands at Tynecastle would be allowed to be built now due to the steepness of them but anything built before the regulations were changed is allowed to continue being used. 

Have you seen that officially Tazio?

Doesn't make sense to me, as my inderstanding of safe-standing means you have a leaning rail in front of you to prevent you going into the row below.

Imo, safe-standing is safer as its easier to fall over the seat in front, as I have done.

Alright, hospitality refreshments were the main cause.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Bottom half of the Gorgie stand safe standing. Season tickets only for area above. Members bar to the rear,big screens,decent beer choices.  Let's get back to what football used to be about. A mental frenzied and passionate day out. With a decent amount of lubrication.

:yas: 

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That's not right, unless you were waving one of those huge tifo flags.

Only going by previous arguments on here and personal experience.

Posters were argued in the past of of views being obstructed by people standing a lower sections top row.

Personal experience, a steward told me to sit after a disabled supporter complained.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Skivingatwork

Fans bars sound great and we already have one in the stadium. No way though we’re going to swap out hospitality in the Gorgie suite for a fans bar though.

Simple maths says that a few hundred punters buying a couple of pints is less revenue than 2 tables of hospitality.

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What is steepness and what do the regulations specify? How far out our we etc? As stands were built before the regulations I assume we can continue to use the stand.

43 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

No idea but I used to have a season ticket a few rows from the back of the Wheatfield and I certainly wouldn't fancy standing up there:shocked666:

As others have said, you would have a rail in front of you to stop you falling over. You would be safer there then with current seats, if standing or moving to and from your seat.

22 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Have you seen that officially Tazio?

Doesn't make sense to me, as my inderstanding of safe-standing means you have a leaning rail in front of you to prevent you going into the row below.

Imo, safe-standing is safer as its easier to fall over the seat in front, as I have done.

Alright, hospitality refreshments were the main cause.:facepalm:

I’ve not seen the exact measurements of Tynecastle but it is steeper than the seating in my place of work and we’ve been told if we want to replace the auditorium seating we need to change the pitch of the seating as it’s not acceptable under current regulation for a new installation. The risk isn’t when people are in place but the transit to and from the seats.  

7 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Fans bars sound great and we already have one in the stadium. No way though we’re going to swap out hospitality in the Gorgie suite for a fans bar though.

Simple maths says that a few hundred punters buying a couple of pints is less revenue than 2 tables of hospitality.

But we have an empty second floor where the Gorgie suite could move too.....  we could have both.

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

What is steepness and what do the regulations specify? How far out our we etc? As stands were built before the regulations I assume we can continue to use the stand.

As others have said, you would have a rail in front of you to stop you falling over. You would be safer there then with current seats, if standing or moving to and from your seat.

Anything existing is allowed to continue being used. If you’ve ever been in the upper seats in old theatres you’ll see just how steep they were built. The Pavilion in Glasgow’s upper balcony seating is terrifying. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Anything existing is allowed to continue being used. If you’ve ever been in the upper seats in old theatres you’ll see just how steep they were built. The Pavilion in Glasgow’s upper balcony seating is terrifying. 

I was at Old Trafford just after they built the extra stand on top of the exisitng Main Stand and that is quite scary.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Only going by previous arguments on here and personal experience.

Posters were argued in the past of of views being obstructed by people standing a lower sections top row.

Personal experience, a steward told me to sit after a disabled supporter complained.

Fair enough but I was an ambulant season ticket holder for years and my experience is that the back row seats are so low compared to the concourse that folk standing was never an issue to wheelchair users, folk standing on the concourse though. 🤬

No biggie though, maybe my memory isn't what it could be.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I would still argue that rail seating with rail in front of you would be safer then the current design. 

To be clear I'm thinking of something like this... low profile with a rail in front. 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/uploads/2018/04/railseating-1-1080x675.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve not seen the exact measurements of Tynecastle but it is steeper than the seating in my place of work and we’ve been told if we want to replace the auditorium seating we need to change the pitch of the seating as it’s not acceptable under current regulation for a new installation. The risk isn’t when people are in place but the transit to and from the seats.  

Cheers Tazio

If I understand you correctly, leave "as is" and there isnt an issue. But if you want to alter, you have a new issue.

7 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I would still argue that rail seating with rail in front of you would be safer then the current design. 

To be clear I'm thinking of something like this... low profile with a rail in front. 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/uploads/2018/04/railseating-1-1080x675.jpg

As I said in another post the issue isn’t once the public are where they watch from but how they get there. So the stairs/aisles are the issue. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cheers Tazio

If I understand you correctly, leave "as is" and there isnt an issue. But if you want to alter, you have a new issue.

You have to contact the council and apply for an adaptation to your existing licence. 

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Anyone who thinks there is enough appetite for standing to turn an entire stand into a standing section is kidding themselves on. And I say that as someone who’d prefer to stand. It’d be a few lower sections at most. 

Surely Section N or Section G?

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

As I said in another post the issue isn’t once the public are where they watch from but how they get there. So the stairs/aisles are the issue. 

I missed that post, but I would argue that rail seating would be safer and stairway would also have something to grab on too. (The end of the rail etc.)

Changing a seat is a minor change to an existing fixture. Although replacing fades seats seemed to be hard work.

It would be great for the club to find out what it would take. Just ask the question etc. 

49 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Hard to disagree with any of that.

However, remember when they knocked down the old main stand and moved the club shop underneath the Wheatfield? What are they doing with that space now? Could it be converted into a large bar? Stick some music on and some food and charge a fiver to get in. Make a few quid that.

Edited by Pans Jambo

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hard to disagree with any of that.

However, remember when they knocked down the old main stand and moved the club shop underneath the Wheatfield? What are they doing with that space now? Could it be converted into a large bar? Stick some music on and some food and charge a fiver to get in. Make a few quid that.

Big Hearts use it now. 

Byyy The Light
40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Those things don't change though?  We're not changing how they get there?

1 hour ago, Skivingatwork said:

Which is more profitable?

56 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Surely Section N or Section G?

And have restricted views in F and M?

I think the lower 'tiers' are the place to do it bit you have to do it the full width of a stand. 

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Which is more profitable?

The question should be "which one makes the most profit?"

Hospitality would make much more profit than a bar with a few hundred.

A guy selling a single bag of chips is probably more profitable. 😄

32 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not sure many of these guys will move. G more likely than N.

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

And have restricted views in F and M?

I think the lower 'tiers' are the place to do it bit you have to do it the full width of a stand. 

Do the lads in lower N not all stand currently anyway?

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Do the lads in lower N not all stand currently anyway?

I'm not getting dragged in to a conversation about the lads in section N 😄

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Doesn't make it right though.

As do we in the last row of lower P, I would prefer to sit to be honest. The folk in the front rows of the upper section must struggle to see, which would obviously impact on the viability of standing there. 

52 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The question should be "which one makes the most profit?"

Hospitality would make much more profit than a bar with a few hundred.

A guy selling a single bag of chips is probably more profitable. 😄

Let's fill the Gorgie suite with bags of chips and we'll be challenging in Europe in no time!! 👍

Edited by Taffin

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Tbh mate, I'm not fussed for alcohol being sold in the ground during a game, if someone can't go the length of a game without a beer then they've got issues really, and I say that as someone who is partial to a beer or ten myself at games. 

11 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Tbh mate, I'm not fussed for alcohol being sold in the ground during a game, if someone can't go the length of a game without a beer then they've got issues really, and I say that as someone who is partial to a beer or ten myself at games. 

Its not really about whether someone can or can't go the length of a game without a beer. Its good fun having a group of you having some beers at a game of football in the same way it's fun having some beers at the pub.

I could spend an entire evening in the pub without a beer, but why would I?!?

29 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Let's fill the Gorgie suite with bags of chips and we'll be challenging in Europe in no time!! 👍

Will there be a vegan option? Asking for a friend.

Bazzas right boot

We should introduce 2 new sections

Bam section 

500 seats? 

A section where folk can go mental, hell for leather, flag waving, swearing, sing naughty songs, just let them go crazy. 

Would add to the atmosphere while making sure they are caged in 1 area. 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

Folk can all group up, moan about the youth set up, the stadium, Bob, Budge, players, contracts, CL, Savage, state of the grass etc and exchange their wide ranging professional expertise ranging from medical treatment and law through to scouting/ player development and tactics- mainly press high and get in tae  them and how it's the best tactic, Eva. 

More importantly they can boooooo anyone with immunity 

Make Tynecastle great again. 👍

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bam section 

500 seats? 

A section where folk can go mental, hell for leather, flag waving, swearing, sing naughty songs, just let them go crazy. 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

Folk can all group up, moan about the youth set up, the stadium, Bob, Budge, players, contracts, CL, Savage, state of the grass etc and exchange their wide ranging professional expertise ranging from medical treatment and law through to scouting/ player development and tactics- mainly press high and get in tae  them and how it's the best tactic, Eva. 

The best advert for strict liability I've ever seen.

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

That's about an 80x reduction in the current numbers :lol: 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bam section 

500 seats? 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

Would you sit in the JKB section ?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Would you sit in the JKB section ?

Need a 3rd section for me-

Happy clappers. 

I'll be there with bells on. 

6 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Our stands are far too steep to allow safe standing anywhere other than the lower sections I think. 

Correct!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bam section 

500 seats? 

"boo" section. 

Maybe 250 seats 

How about a “I still love Craig Levein” section especially for you Tosh? 🤔