Jump to content

Stadium Improvements


Recommended Posts

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not to mention additional vaccination shots for everyone in the general area

Hahahahaha I used to get them before going to Leith 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    38

  • davemclaren

    36

  • Thomaso

    28

  • Boris5115

    20

The Frenchman Returns
18 hours ago, Pepe le pew said:

Sorry dumbreck


cheers, good firm when Ogilvie was at the helm. Had a box at St James Park and the Xmas hampers were excellent.

those were the days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

You only get a remote if you’re in VIP seating. 
Boring lighting fact. You can’t make maroon with LED. 

Can you get close to maroon though? A lot of our "maroon" jerseys have been more red than maroon to a lot of purists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
On 12/05/2021 at 11:22, davemclaren said:

Essential maintenance at one end of the spectrum or non-essential flamboyance at the other. Take your pick where your head’s at.  :sadrobbo:

 

We already have the best lit stadium in Scotland, or at least the ones I've seen in person or tv. I'm guessing that the old lights were halogen or similar, and must have been very expensive to run for maybe three hours at a time.

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to run the existing ones compared to LED if anyone knows the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
iwasthere1954
23 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Clearly not a priority but I would love the club to replace the white, faded seats in the Roseburn Stand. Makes the stand look shabby.

Just wait until the OF and the hibz come calling and we can change them with the money from breakages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobreath

 

I'm still waiting on the seats and trees to go into the plaza. Break up the Monoblock car park look a bit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
43 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

We already have the best lit stadium in Scotland, or at least the ones I've seen in person or tv. I'm guessing that the old lights were halogen or similar, and must have been very expensive to run for maybe three hours at a time.

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to run the existing ones compared to LED if anyone knows the answer.

 

Do the LED not cost a lot more though?  I know the running costs are reportedly less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Do the LED not cost a lot more though?  I know the running costs are reportedly less.

The ones in my house do so I would think they do as well.  Maybe some new green stipulation for commercial lighting?

Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The ones in my house do so I would think they do as well.  Maybe some new green stipulation for commercial lighting?

 

 

Not that it really matters that much for a Football Stadium so long as they do the job but I really don't like the colour of the light produced from LED lights.

 

I know you get variations on the tone but I find them either too "Blue" or too "Yellow". Probably just beacuse I am used to the old ones for so long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterion
48 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Do the LED not cost a lot more though?  I know the running costs are reportedly less.

 

The cost benefits far outweigh the initial costs. Old style halogen lamps burn so much energy in comparison - the benefits will significantly improve stadium operating costs and should have been done when the new stand was built. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

 

We already have the best lit stadium in Scotland, or at least the ones I've seen in person or tv. I'm guessing that the old lights were halogen or similar, and must have been very expensive to run for maybe three hours at a time.

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to run the existing ones compared to LED if anyone knows the answer.

The lights are barely ever off.

 

During winter I'm sure they are on quite a bit more than 3 hours at a time.

 

Is so it seemed whenever going past the ground.

 

Gorgie folk can confirm.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris5115
28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The lights are barely ever off.

 

During winter I'm sure they are on quite a bit more than 3 hours at a time.

 

Is so it seemed whenever going past the ground.

 

Gorgie folk can confirm.

 

I think you are getting mixed up with turf growing lamps that the club use especially in the winter. These rigs give a powerful glow and are very evident especially as darkness falls. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

 

The cost benefits far outweigh the initial costs. Old style halogen lamps burn so much energy in comparison - the benefits will significantly improve stadium operating costs and should have been done when the new stand was built. 

 

Maybe AB has lent us some more money to pay for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Maybe AB has lent us some more money to pay for it.

Very generous if she has and we needed to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very generous if she has and we needed to do it. 

 

I suppose that would depend on how much interest she charges. 😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
EH11 2NL

Painting the trusses is a good enough investment to stop hibs winning the scottish cup at tynie 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Painting the trusses is a good enough investment to stop hibs winning the scottish cup at tynie 

Good planning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert

Minority of one maybe but disappointing if the trusses are painted white. I am with Simon Inglis who in his enthusiastic description of the dramatic new Tynie, when it was half complete, praised the surprising and vibrant pink of the Wheatfield trusses and was disappointed that the Roseburn had reverted to a dreary grey. Pink of the shade used in the original Wheatfield trusses after all is just a light shade of maroon! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Mysterion said:

 

The cost benefits far outweigh the initial costs. Old style halogen lamps burn so much energy in comparison - the benefits will significantly improve stadium operating costs and should have been done when the new stand was built. 

 

There will have been other factors as well. How long since the lights were installed? It  must be 20 years at least, so they would be needing replaced anyway, LED's are becoming much cheaper and sourcing replacement Halogen lamps will be getting harder and more expensive.

 

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

 

Not that it really matters that much for a Football Stadium so long as they do the job but I really don't like the colour of the light produced from LED lights.

 

I know you get variations on the tone but I find them either too "Blue" or too "Yellow". Probably just beacuse I am used to the old ones for so long.

 

Local councils are replacing the old sodium/Halogen lamps everywhere. They did that last year in front of my house, and the difference is amazing. It's a very white light and quite like daylight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Minority of one maybe but disappointing if the trusses are painted white. I am with Simon Inglis who in his enthusiastic description of the dramatic new Tynie, when it was half complete, praised the surprising and vibrant pink of the Wheatfield trusses and was disappointed that the Roseburn had reverted to a dreary grey. Pink of the shade used in the original Wheatfield trusses after all is just a light shade of maroon! 

I quite liked it as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
brian morris

Great to be back in Tynecastle tonight. Pitch looked great and already you can tell its going to be a much more stable surface this season. Trusses painted which looks so much better. New led lights looked brighter in the middle of the pitch and a little duller in the corners in my eyes. One thing I wish they would do is re paint all the gangways with a fresh coat of anti slip paint. The stepps up to the Roseburn Stand are badly corroded and I'm surprised this has not been sorted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan

The trusses have been done on the older stands. Been well overdue as the Roseburn ones where starting to show signs of rust.

The pink still remains on the floodlight pylons however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Also nice to see a maroon seats again in the roseburn. Only one section left to do and same in the wheat field corners 

small thing but nice. The place is looking great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo-in-furness

Watched the game on tv,  noticed when Hearts and the officials emerged from the tunnel at start of game that the steps up each side of the tunnel looked rusty and shabby.   First impressions for new viewers was not the best.  Where the teams come out is where the cameras focus at the start of big games and in my opinion should be immaculate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Also nice to see a maroon seats again in the roseburn. Only one section left to do and same in the wheat field corners 

small thing but nice. The place is looking great. 

 

Have they actually done anything to the Roseburn though? The lower seats got replaced/sorted a couple of years if I remember right, the upper tiers looked the same to me today.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
10 minutes ago, kila said:

 

Have they actually done anything to the Roseburn though? The lower seats got replaced/sorted a couple of years if I remember right, the upper tiers looked the same to me today.

 


sorry, just noticed tonight that the lower sections have been replaced bar one end section. Didn’t realise they were done a few years ago , I thought they were done this close season 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
look good though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sigma One

I was in the roseburn tonight and it quite grim compared to the main stand.  The stairs leading to the concourse are needing replaced and the toilets look shabby, but mind you it's only for the ugly sisters why waste it there. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
10 minutes ago, Sigma One said:

I was in the roseburn tonight and it quite grim compared to the main stand.  The stairs leading to the concourse are needing replaced and the toilets look shabby, but mind you it's only for the ugly sisters why waste it there. 🤣

And the stickers were still evident from huns and well visiting, wouldn’t waste money on it though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Back of the Bus

What was with the added security last night btw? 
 

I went through 3 layers of stewards who each checked I had a ticket and also had to undergo a metal detector sweep. 
 

Bit overkill for 2k fans v Cove. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
45 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

What was with the added security last night btw? 
 

I went through 3 layers of stewards who each checked I had a ticket and also had to undergo a metal detector sweep. 
 

Bit overkill for 2k fans v Cove. 

haha I though this too - a bit overkill to scan everyone for metal before getting to the turnstiles. Lassie at the Wheatfield entrance said 'ye need to keep 4 seat apart awright?' Nae bother hen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

What was with the added security last night btw? 
 

I went through 3 layers of stewards who each checked I had a ticket and also had to undergo a metal detector sweep. 
 

Bit overkill for 2k fans v Cove. 

 

A waste of time because the metal detector beeped and the guy went 'phone/keys in your pocket?' and I said 'aye' and he sent me on my way.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

What was with the added security last night btw? 
 

I went through 3 layers of stewards who each checked I had a ticket and also had to undergo a metal detector sweep. 
 

Bit overkill for 2k fans v Cove. 

Good starting point for lessons learned when its not so busy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4

I got pulled out the queue, hood thrown over head and huckled into the Gorgie Suite for interrogation. 
 

Missed the first goal.  

Edited by Debut 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I got pulled out the queue, hood thrown over head and huckled into the Gorgie Suite for interrogation. 
 

Missed the first goal.  

They clearly got my report line text then…

Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They clearly got my report line text then…

:lenny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
2 hours ago, kila said:

 

A waste of time because the metal detector beeped and the guy went 'phone/keys in your pocket?' and I said 'aye' and he sent me on my way.

 

 

Same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Back of the Bus
3 hours ago, kila said:

 

A waste of time because the metal detector beeped and the guy went 'phone/keys in your pocket?' and I said 'aye' and he sent me on my way.

 

 

Same here!! 😃😃

 

Utterly bizarre. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Back of the Bus
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Good starting point for lessons learned when its not so busy.

That’s kind of my point man. What are they seeking to learn and what’s the justification for bringing it in? 
 

Are they expecting folk to be carrying blades for a Wednesday night game against St Johnstone? 

 

Might be a government thing which raises more questions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
15 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

That’s kind of my point man. What are they seeking to learn and what’s the justification for bringing it in? 
 

Are they expecting folk to be carrying blades for a Wednesday night game against St Johnstone? 

 

Might be a government thing which raises more questions. 

Presumably for Cat A games, but you would want to try it out on a quiet night first, get your feedback and clear out the gremlins before you launch with a full 20k

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
5 hours ago, kila said:

 

A waste of time because the metal detector beeped and the guy went 'phone/keys in your pocket?' and I said 'aye' and he sent me on my way.

 

 

 

I was in the Wheatfield and got waved straight though to the turnstile after my ticket was given a cursory check. 

 

No metal detection for Jonno although I did hear that only dodgy looking people and other rifraf were scanned.

 

Quite right too......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Miss the the pink truss on the Wheatfield. 🙁

What colour is your truss now? Or o you not wear it anymore?

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

What colour is your truss now? Or o you not wear it anymore?

:berra:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo_Gaz
16 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

School end access steps in horrendous need of paint job

Deliberately dilapidated so there is no access to the stand for away fans potentially in the future. 😏

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris5115
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

School end access steps in horrendous need of paint job

I emailed the club twice about two seasons ago re the state of the stepps in section A and B. The amount of folk slipping / falling on their arse when the stepps where wet was bad. It's clear that the have never been painted with non slip paint for years. Needless to say I never got a reply from the club on each of my emails. Do we have a stadium manager as last I knew it was a guy called Keith Hogg but have no idea if he is still at the club. As for the state of the stairs leading into the Roseburn Stand your right they are shocking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Apache Mal

I’m still waiting for the old Strongbow sign on the side of the Wheatfield (Section A) to be removed? It looks ridiculous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Back of the Bus said:

Same here!! 😃😃

 

Utterly bizarre. 
 

 

Na just shit stewards

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Only stadium improvement I noticed in the highlights was Pollock showing great composure before rifling a shot against the post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboozy
7 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

I’m still waiting for the old Strongbow sign on the side of the Wheatfield (Section A) to be removed? It looks ridiculous. 

Give it time and it will become an antique, like those old enamel signs you got at garages and newsagents 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...