DETTY29

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hogg dropped from 23

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly

No Hamish Watson again! What's he done? We need his aggression. Curry has done nothing.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• I P Knightley

• Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

No Hamish Watson again! What's he done? We need his aggression. Curry has done nothing.

The Kiwi fud has clearly thrown in the towel. 

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hogg dropped from 23

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly

Looks like Gatland has caved into the 'where's the welsh,  boyo' pish.

That team will get steamrollered on Saturday IMO

John Findlay

2-1 series win to South Africa. I wouldn't be surprised if its a heavier defeat this coming Saturday. That team is going nowhere, fast.

I P Knightley
23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Kiwi fud has clearly thrown in the towel. 

He had no Plan B so when he couldn't beat the Boks at their own game last Saturday, he had nowhere to go.

Wyn Jones was always first choice - an obvious start.

Neither hooker so far has impressed in tests; Jamie George must be aggrieved not to at least be on the bench.

Back row last weekend was completely nullified/overrun so let's keep it EXACTLY as it was. The Boks will be licking their lips. After two very intense tests, the back 5 have to be showing signs of fatigue. You're getting nothing out of Curry that Mish can't provide; likewise Lawes/Beirne and Conan/Faletau.

Price an obvious starter but Murray shouldn't be in the 23. Whether it suits him having Biggar outside him's another question. If you want speed and creativity, you don't immediately think of Dan Biggar.

Biggar passed three times in the whole match so how can you judge anyone outside him? Harris very unlucky to be replaced but Gatland has to be seen to do something and Aki's not a weak replacement.

Rugby Twitter's gone mad that Duhan's kept his spot but, apart from his trip brain fart, he's done little wrong while Watson's been letting his opposite man run past him and score tries.

But, man! Daly's there again on the bench. Folk arguing that he covers lots of positions but what's the point if you've been playing crap at all of them?

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Faf de Klerk is out injured.

probably injured himself laughing at the team gatland has picked

Malinga the Swinga

No idea why Mish out of squad again. Curry has done nothing in either test apart from concede penalties, looked absolutely shattered on Saturday yet is still starting.

I want Lions to win but wouldn't mind seeing Williams and Adams being destroyed under high balls. 

AWJ should never have gone on your before his injury. Once he did shoulder in, he should have stood aside but he placed his own personal glory over the team, and Gatland doesn't have bollocks to drop him.

He made 2 metres on Saturday and was brushed aside at every play. An old has been refusing to see what is obviously happening. 

Harris dropped altogether. Must have been his fault Lions didn't score then (hard to score when you never get ball)!

The insistence of starting with Biggar is baffling, he plays rugby by numbers, never looks for break and can't tackle on defence. Replaced by Aki who can't create and wants to run into people. Pretty sure SA will relish that as it's easy to plan for.

Price needs to be playing with Russell for pace. No point in fast distribution if we just kick it skywards.

If Russell comes on, he will have to play off Murray's passing which means slow and steady. Conor Murray should be nowhere near the bench, but again, another Gatland favourite.

It's baffling tactical selections everywhere, with no clear idea behind it.

Daly as a sub! FFS, he's weak in attack, can't tackle and is too slow. He covers loads of positions but as said earlier by IPK, he's mediocre in all of them.

Hopefully Lawes turns up or it will be a pack dependent on Itoje again. Owens is never top class hooker and even Welsh don't pick him.

Props will struggle but at least Vunipola, the worst prop to ever represent Lions, is dropped but he still gets on bench. The guy is a prop who can't scrum. It's ****ing madness he is there.

Rant over, roll on Saturday.

Seymour M Hersh
47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Faf de Klerk is out injured.

I think he injured himself making the arms free tackle he wasn't cited for. I like the karma if I'm correct. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Springboks have all the momentum now and I just cannot see the Lions winning this.

Hamish Watson is desperately unfortunate not to be involved.

In hindsight, the Erasmus rant has served it purpose.

both sutherland and fagerson are both unlucky to miss out. im just shocked LRZ is not in the 23

Edited by milky_26
typo

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

both sutherland and fagerson are both unlucky to miss out. im just shocked LRZ is not in the 23

Fagerson could yet get in squad if Sinckler citing is upheld. Whether Sinckler deserves to be on 23 is different matter (imo he shouldn't even be in touring party).

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Fagerson could yet get in squad if Sinckler citing is upheld. Whether Sinckler deserves to be on 23 is different matter (imo he shouldn't even be in touring party).

Sinckler just been cleared. I presume there were no teeth marks to look at.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, I P Knightley said:

Sinckler just been cleared. I presume there were no teeth marks to look at.

He's a card waiting to happen. 

38 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Fagerson could yet get in squad if Sinckler citing is upheld. Whether Sinckler deserves to be on 23 is different matter (imo he shouldn't even be in touring party)

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga

Wouldn't be surprised if SA intervened on behalf of Sinckler as they want him to play. He's not a test match standard player.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wouldn't be surprised if SA intervened on behalf of Sinckler as they want him to play. He's not a test match standard player.

Are the Afrikaans capable of such subtlety?

7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

probably injured himself laughing at the team gatland has picked

His speedos cut the blood supply off to his brain 

Edited by Hesh

Malinga the Swinga

Would be great if Lions could pull this off. You'd have to be a simpleton to want a team with Scottish players in it to lose but I see the Scots hater is willing them to do just that.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would be great if Lions could pull this off. You'd have to be a simpleton to want a team with Scottish players in it to lose but I see the Scots hater is willing them to do just that.

Eh?

Malinga the Swinga
19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Dan Bigger ffs? 

Not my choice but still want them to win. Sure lot of Welsh and others think VDM and Price lucky to get in but they still want Lions to win.

In any case, player choice isn't reason he supports Books. It's because it's a GB & Ireland team. 

He doesn't realise even if Scotland were independent, Lions would still exist. After all, players from Rep of Ireland are selected.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Dan Bigger ffs? 

I assume it’s the pro-Boks gif, not my comment!

I can’t believe he kept his place after his passing stats. His kicking was poor as well. 

He is very good under a high ball. Looks like we’re playing Aussie rules again. 

Really hope Finn gets at least a half. 

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, CMc said:

I assume it’s the pro-Boks gif, not my comment!

I can’t believe he kept his place after his passing stats. His kicking was poor as well. 

He is very good under a high ball. Looks like we’re playing Aussie rules again. 

Really hope Finn gets at least a half. 

I have to agree with you re Bigger. Passed it to hands 3 times during the 2nd test and a large part of that must be down to Gatland's tactics. But his kicking was poor but apparently it's all Hogg's fault according to most of the media. I have a feeling Townsend is spitting feathers about the team and squad selection for the 3rd test but is remaining team focused and diplomatic. 

As for the gif. Could go either way no? 

I have to agree with you re Bigger. Passed it to hands 3 times during the 2nd test and a large part of that must be down to Gatland's tactics. But his kicking was poor but apparently it's all Hogg's fault according to most of the media. I have a feeling Townsend is spitting feathers about the team and squad selection for the 3rd test but is remaining team focused and diplomatic. 

Yeah, the pundits do t want to los access to the England squad by calling out Curry and Watson. 

Malinga the Swinga

It wasn't Hoggs fault as he has to continually cover for A Watson on wing. Watson is media darling though and is never criticised. 

It's back row though who were demolished in 2nd half and yet are all selected again where I reckon Gatland is wrong. Well there and the selection if AWJ, who is busted flush.

If he was half the legend he thinks he is, he would have stepped aside, or never flown out after injury. Put his personal pride before rest of team.

Seymour M Hersh
31 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It wasn't Hoggs fault as he has to continually cover for A Watson on wing. Watson is media darling though and is never criticised. 

It's back row though who were demolished in 2nd half and yet are all selected again where I reckon Gatland is wrong. Well there and the selection if AWJ, who is busted flush.

If he was half the legend he thinks he is, he would have stepped aside, or never flown out after injury. Put his personal pride before rest of team.

Agree with all of that but to read these English pundits, **** me they put SMSM old firm bias to shame. !

Malinga the Swinga

Biggar misses simple kick, and Aki gives away penalty. Not best start although nerves stretched for all.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, I P Knightley said:

Williams replacing Hogg as he's supposedly solid under the high ball. Missed his first one by about 2m.

He was looking everywhere apart from where the ball was

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Here we go with the 'mercurial' Russell

"Scottish master class for 45 seconds". 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"Scottish master class for 45 seconds". 

Hits the corner

Big drive and a try