***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest shan’t continue today so that Whelmsley can be provided a much earned rest.

Instead today I embark on a voyage for whelms…

:boat:

:laugh2:

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Getting all the nonsense out the way before a big announcement? 

We can but hope 

I reckon the away kit... My guess is that its overdue and they delayed the launch because of the shop staff having to isolate. 

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest shan’t continue today so that Whelmsley can be provided a much earned rest.

Instead today I embark on a voyage for whelms…

:boat:

Bon Voyage to the good ship Whelm of Tynie👍

Still Sailing This Ship GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

40 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Obviously if there are failings over several seasons then a change would be made. Recruitment team has only now been overhauled though so will take time to see benefits. 

I think people (in general) are forgetting that this isn't a normal transfer window either. 

We're still in a pandemic (hopefully the end) but I'm sure players are thinking double before moving - especially if they would have to leave their family behind

And we're also seeing the fallout of Brexit for overseas players

Coupled with a probably tighter budget and it's not surprising it's taking us time to find the right players

Unfortunately the failings of the last 4-5 seasons have ensured that no one is getting ‘several seasons’ if Savage fails in the next 5 weeks, he’ll be very lucky to be here this time next year. If Neilson fails in the next 10 weeks he’ll be very lucky to see 12 weeks. That’s the nature of the beast we’ve become In afraid.

The pandemic, the economy, the finances, Brexit. Yes they are having an impact but it’s not just us it’s having an impact on. In fact, because of FOH and benefactors, were probably in a better position than our immediate rivals.

Taking time is fine. Not ideal but ultimately we’re only talking about a few more games here. But if you’re taking time and you’re only bringing in 2-3,maybe 4 at most, you HAVE to end up getting it right

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Unfortunately the failings of the last 4-5 seasons have ensured that no one is getting ‘several seasons’ if Savage fails in the next 5 weeks, he’ll be very lucky to be here this time next year. If Neilson fails in the next 10 weeks he’ll be very lucky to see 12 weeks. That’s the nature of the beast we’ve become In afraid.

The pandemic, the economy, the finances, Brexit. Yes they are having an impact but it’s not just us it’s having an impact on. In fact, because of FOH and benefactors, were probably in a better position than our immediate rivals.

Taking time is fine. Not ideal but ultimately we’re only talking about a few more games here. But if you’re taking time and you’re only bringing in 2-3,maybe 4 at most, you HAVE to end up getting it right

MAD SAVAGE OOOT!

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Bon Voyage to the good ship Whelm of Tynie👍

Still Sailing This Ship GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

“There once was a player who did not sign,

He failed to put pen to the dotted line…”

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

“There once was a player who did not sign,

He failed to put pen to the dotted line…”

😂 a player? 

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

100%

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

MAD SAVAGE OOOT!

If he fails. Absolutely!! He knows that himself and specifically said so in his interview

Edited by JimmyCant

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I agree with sentiment and you’re correct with your comments about the last 4/5 years have certainly got the fans back up, and quite rightly too.

However I don’t see Savage being let go if he fails to bring in the right players this window. The club went against the majority of fans wishes by keeping Neilson last year so I just don’t see it.

I think under Savage you’re seeing action at least in the clearing out of the old guard which is very much at fault for the past 5 years. Expecting him to get everything right first time of asking is a bit much.

For me if the team fails at the start of the season it’s Neilson who should fall on the sword and savage should be allowed additional time with a manager he chooses.

Just now, JamboPete said:

Was it ever?

No it wasn't but some people seemed to think it was so i didn't want to upset them. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree with sentiment and you’re correct with your comments about the last 4/5 years have certainly got the fans back up, and quite rightly too.

However I don’t see Savage being let go if he fails to bring in the right players this window. The club went against the majority of fans wishes by keeping Neilson last year so I just don’t see it.

I think under Savage you’re seeing action at least in the clearing out of the old guard which is very much at fault for the past 5 years. Expecting him to get everything right first time of asking is a bit much.

For me if the team fails at the start of the season it’s Neilson who should fall on the sword and savage should be allowed additional time with a manager he chooses.

it would be entirely unfair to not give Joe savage a few years to turn around the absolute mess he’s been left.

different for Robbie, been here a year and the current squad is capable of decent thing if not being good enough to be where we want to be 

4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

No doubt that Neilson’s job is under far more pressure than Savage at this stage. My gut says Savage doesn’t rate him and I’d feel quite a lot better about this season if Neilson had gone and Savage had brought someone in that he can trust.

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I for one am glad we are trying to get the right quality in, if we fail to get them and end up having to play Pollock, C.smith and Logan then for me that's better than signing some huddies/Journeyman from league 2.

Exactly how I feel. Better waiting for a quality signing and if it doesn't happen, trust our youth to get game time rather than signing player after player like the last few summers have been. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it would be entirely unfair to not give Joe savage a few years to turn around the absolute mess he’s been left.

different for Robbie, been here a year and the current squad is capable of decent thing if not being good enough to be where we want to be 

He’ll get a few years as long as there is year on year tangible improvement in what he is responsible for. You generally measure improvement by results and he’s not entirely in control of that aspect. It’s up to McKinley I suppose to work out who’s performing and who isn’t . Whether he is football savvy enough to work that out remains to be seen. Ann Budge wasn’t, it could be argued.

Edited by JimmyCant

29 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Has Savage done anything this far that would make fans to want him at the club? 

Edited by dustybin

David Black
27 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

That's it. RN has the first round of fixtures to prove he can turn things around. If he can't, he goes. 

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No doubt that Neilson’s job is under far more pressure than Savage at this stage. My gut says Savage doesn’t rate him and I’d feel quite a lot better about this season if Neilson had gone and Savage had brought someone in that he can trust.

Don't think he rates him either tbh.

He will look at a lot of the chronic signings he made last season.

Pospecu, Frear and Roberts being three prime examples.

1 minute ago, dustybin said:

Has Savage done anything this far that would make fans to want him? 

We announced Popescu last summer and he had to isolate before arriving 

4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Could it be that the next signing is foreign and he is currently self isolating???

Just a thought….

self isolating for 6 weeks? must be some strain of covid :)

24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Didn't Budge say she spoke with someone about who they would prefer as manager, Neilson/Stendel. Wonder if that was JJ or Savage? 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, David Black said:

That's it. RN has the first round of fixtures to prove he can turn things around. If he can't, he goes. 

If that's the case then I'm sure he'd be demanding the same rushed signings some seem to be demanding on here because we/he needs to hit the ground running. On the other hand, maybe he doesn't read Kickback and is content to go along with Savage's wait to sign the best players we can get, even if that means we start the season weaker than we might be by the end of August.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't think he rates him either tbh.

He will look at a lot of the chronic signings he made last season.

Pospecu, Frear and Roberts being three prime examples.

He’ll probably take an objective approach and look at all the signings made last season. It would be a bit silly to just pull the three worst signings out, in an attempt to have a dig at the current manager. 

5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Didn't Budge say she spoke with someone about who they would prefer as manager, Neilson/Stendel. Wonder if that was JJ or Savage? 

I’d wonder if that was the only 2 choices offered ? Given that neither of them was under contract when the question was asked

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I reckon the away kit... My guess is that its overdue and they delayed the launch because of the shop staff having to isolate. 

Has the shop re-opened today (I genuinely don't know)?

Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If that's the case then I'm sure he'd be demanding the same rushed signings some seem to be demanding on here because we/he needs to hit the ground running. On the other hand, maybe he doesn't read Kickback and is content to go along with Savage's wait to sign the best players we can get, even if that means we start the season weaker than we might be by the end of August.

We are then relying on shrewd management to get the most from what we have. 

There seems to be an underlying feeling the club is treating this season as a bit of a “gimme” and again we are having the mindset of long term aims. 

Getting it right long term relies on actually getting it right ASAP. You look over the decades ,whether it’s JJs first spell or even Levein’s first spell, and these guys had Hearts relatively quickly up to a competitive level and with the quality to make a mark in the SPL.  

Sub-consciously there’s some fans thinking it’s all in hand, we’re going to sign 3 or 4 quality players across the next two windows and it’s all about the season after next.  We need the drive to get it right ASAP. And not only in signings but the way the team is motivated and managed.  

south morroccan
17 minutes ago, dustybin said:

For some not being Robbie is enough.

Joe Savage is responsible for signing the players. If he cannot get players in that the manager requires, regardless of who that manager is, then he too should be on borrowed time. After all, he's been here since January, he's had 6-7 months to scout and prepare a shortlist of targets. There's no excuses this season for not getting it right.  

9 minutes ago, dustybin said:

If you look at the post I was responding to he said he has to get it right this summer. Which I responded saying it was Neilson who should go and not Savage if performances don’t improve.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

More five year plans… the inactivity of the current regime saw us watching years of decline which ended in humiliating relegation.  
Be under no illusions, we have a weak squad which needs strengthened.

It’s all very well saying, we can only afford X but the goodwill of fans has already been eroded and this asset needs to be grown and not left….
Watching another season where we need hibs to “hibs it” and they did it twice last year, whilst we languish in the bottom 6 playing Robbie’s bland version of football will not be acceptable. 

5 year plan, reviewed quarterly is the same as a 3 month plan Tbh. 

Long term is far more important than the short term imo , but we need to start delivering and progressing. 

Promotion was the first step in that, now we need to kick on and never be in that situation again. 

Hibs are irrelevant in what we do, their successes and failures don't correlate with ours in any way 

Folk forge that the first 2.5 years of Budges tenure was a success. 

We've also been to two cup finals. 

I  think demotion was ridiculous for a club like ours but now we're moving forward again. 

20 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Great tour guide. 

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’ll probably take an objective approach and look at all the signings made last season. It would be a bit silly to just pull the three worst signings out, in an attempt to have a dig at the current manager. 

Agree there was some decent ones as well but just do not get what anybody would see in the three mentioned.

Especially Frear, who Neilson had been tracking for a while. 😳

That particular one baffles me greatly.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Joe Savage is responsible for signing the players. If he cannot get players in that the manager requires, regardless of who that manager is, then he too should be on borrowed time. After all, he's been here since January, he's had 6-7 months to scout and prepare a shortlist of targets. There's no excuses this season for not getting it right.  

Considering we play Celtic a week tomorrow he better get a wiggle on 😏

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Has the shop re-opened today (I genuinely don't know)?

Yeah...they announced on FB that it has reopened. 👍

BackOfTheNet
50 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

The whelms patter is no longer funny. 

49 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Was it ever?

48 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

No it wasn't but some people seemed to think it was so i didn't want to upset them. 

44 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

:cheers:

27F775DD-E738-444E-B31B-531AC07E5F4D.jpeg

May one-six
55 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

The whelms patter is no longer funny. 

True. It's desperately unfunny - the JKB equivalent of Mrs Brown's Boys.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Considering we play Celtic a week tomorrow he better get a wiggle on 😏

We've got three key players, Gordon, Soapy and Boyce. A long term injury to any of them and we're chapping. Especially if we lose Soapy, then we're playing with Halkett and Popescu. So aye, he better start getting deals done. 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

We've got three key players, Gordon, Soapy and Boyce. A long term injury to any of them and we're chapping. Especially if we lose Soapy, then we're playing with Halkett and Popescu. So aye, he better start getting deals done. 

Yip, centre back being the number one priority.

Serious question.

What is Savage’s track record of quality signings he made at previous clubs?

There is a lot of confidence in him from some. Why?

What happened to the signings that Robbie said not all of them will be like Pele surely they don’t fall in to the category of quality?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***