***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Aye played and scored for West Ham I see. But then Woodburn has played and scored for Liverpool and we've got him lol. 

Nah cheers for the correction; I didn't realise he was playing just now. Like I say, completely disillusioned with the EPL right now and think its absolutely dire. Don't think I've watched a full 90mins this season. 

I kept thinking it was Glen Johnson but he is about 45 now.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Didnt realise he was getting a game haha - I've completely lost interest in English football. Scrub him off! 

😁

• 4 months later...
Jambo 4 Ever
On 06/05/2021 at 23:55, dazajmbo said:

Keeping tabs on Bruce Anderson, Regan Henry, Alan Campbell.  

Bruce Anderson scored more than Boyce this season yet some will laugh at the suggestion I made a while ago 

1 minute ago, db211833 said:

What a ridiculous bump

Any bump is better than no bump. Unless it’s on your baws. 

20 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Bruce Anderson scored more than Boyce this season yet some will laugh at the suggestion I made a while ago 

if you are talking about the league then yes, but if you look at all competitions boyce has 1 more goal in 7 less games

BA 11 in 27 league only 13 in 36 in all comps

LB 8 in 22 league only 14 in 29 in all comps

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Martindale has played a blinder here tbf. 3 year deal, so Livi will no doubt make 7 figures on the laddie if he keeps up the goals. 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Martindale has played a blinder here tbf. 3 year deal, so Livi will no doubt make 7 figures on the laddie if he keeps up the goals. 

Yup … we could do worse than looking at him 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-walker-opens-up-hearts-26401894

If we're going to be playing in Europe next season I think we should seriously consider giving Jamie another years deal. He made the decision to go on loan because he wants to play, not someone that is content sitting on their arse. So would be pushing to get into the team. Worth thinking about as we'll no doubt need to carry a larger squad to account for injuries etc. Think he could thrive in a 4231 too. 

Assuming the deal works for the club, I'd be on board with this. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-walker-opens-up-hearts-26401894

If we're going to be playing in Europe next season I think we should seriously consider giving Jamie another years deal. He made the decision to go on loan because he wants to play, not someone that is content sitting on their arse. So would be pushing to get into the team. Worth thinking about as we'll no doubt need to carry a larger squad to account for injuries etc. Think he could thrive in a 4231 too. 

I would rather we put his wage towards a better player but we will see what Neilson and Savage think soon enough.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Need a squad of players for European football campaigns who know the club, not throwing dummy out the pram at not playing etc.  We saw last Saturday how quickly injuries can stack up.  As you say the terms would need to be reduced however, believe his wage doesn't represent his squad status at the moment.

SomethingAboutObua
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we stick with 4-2-3-1 then I wouldn't complain. But if we go back to 3-4-3 then he I can't see him fitting back in

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Jamie should be shown the door.

We need better than him. 

I like Jamie, but I agree. Think will looking for an upgrade on him (and thats not to diminish Walker, think he could do well at another Premiership club)

Reading his words, I think he is just being honest about what his next steps are. He talks about how playing in Bradford allows him to put his face in the shop window. He talks about how a 1 year contract at Hearts would mean he would have to think about it. Certainly from what he says, I get that if he did not get a new contract for Hearts he would look for a club in Scotland, as says he would rather not move his children to a new school.

BackOfTheNet

Jamie Walker seems nice enough and has done a job for us in the past. But his Hearts playing career should be over. Should’ve been over after he left the first time in all honesty.

Batistuta87

Absolutely no chance Walker is getting a new deal. He's surplus to requirements and is out on loan so it'll be easier for him to find a new club next season. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Agreed 

and a hearts man too 

I don’t want Walker back. I like the signing policy of signing younger players and like the energy it brings to the side. 

Jambo 4 Ever
19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:
9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Counts for nothing.

i don’t agree

would rather have hard working / slightly above average hearts fans playing compared to average foreign no bodies who have never heard of hearts 

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

i don’t agree

would rather have hard working / slightly above average hearts fans playing compared to average foreign no bodies who have never heard of hearts 

Hard working players please. 

Heartsofgold

🤬🤬

Was getting all excited when I saw the thread headline....then reality kicked in when I read the latest entries!

If we are looking at a replacement for Souttar, Steven Welsh at Celtic would be an obvious choice, lots of potential, and unlikely to be a first choice at Celtic 

Tin hat on, but other than the opinion that he’s too Celticky or Timmy, I think he would be a good target 

Rick Sanchez
27 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

i don’t agree

I must have missed all that hard work against Celtic in the cup final.

And the above average performances.

13 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If we are looking at a replacement for Souttar, Steven Welsh at Celtic would be an obvious choice, lots of potential, and unlikely to be a first choice at Celtic 

Tin hat on, but other than the opinion that he’s too Celticky or Timmy, I think he would be a good target 

Contract to 2025. 

I think Sibbick is the young player we've went for to replace Souttar. Maybe see this guy guy Joe Wright come in to replace Moore and compete with Sibbick for the starting slot. 

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I must have missed all that hard work against Celtic in the cup final.

And the above average performances.

Personally, I see it as he's played his best football under Neilson before and the 343 clearly didn't suit him. If we're playing a 4231 he slots in easily there and can play across the 3 fairly well I think. 

Agree his performance against Celtic wasn't good enough, but with us needing a larger squad next season, he's a known quantity. I think a years extension to give him a chance to save his Hearts career would be fair.

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Jamie should be shown the door.

We need better than him. 

Jamie is now out injured again and should not be in our plans because of  the players early history ! he  has never been the same player since his head was turned by rangers 

Ainsley Harriott

Jamie should have never been brought back in the first place. Craig's recruitment policy in a nutshell

indianajones
33 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jamie should have never been brought back in the first place. Craig's recruitment policy in a nutshell

This.

Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Personally, I see it as he's played his best football under Neilson before and the 343 clearly didn't suit him. If we're playing a 4231 he slots in easily there and can play across the 3 fairly well I think. 

Agree his performance against Celtic wasn't good enough, but with us needing a larger squad next season, he's a known quantity. I think a years extension to give him a chance to save his Hearts career would be fair.

I see where you're coming from...46 games without cup games is a lot. 

But...what if his wages contributed to Charles-Cook? I have no idea what he's on tbf. I quite fancy that Forrest from Livingston.

I know people will laugh at that suggestion but he's quick and solid. And most importantly, he can turn up in the first 45 mins and give a solid performance.

There are so many options out there to sign players that aren't on the way out. And that's what he is IMO. He's begging for a one year deal because he's comfortable here.

9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

But...what if his wages contributed to Charles-Cook? I have no idea what he's on tbf. I quite fancy that Forrest from Livingston.

I know people will laugh at that suggestion but he's quick and solid. And most importantly, he can turn up in the first 45 mins and give a solid performance.

There are so many options out there to sign players that aren't on the way out. And that's what he is IMO. He's begging for a one year deal because he's comfortable here.

I really like RCC and I honestly think it would be a massive signing in terms of return similar to Hartley for us or McGinn for Hibs and I think Forest would be worth a shot at the right price too.

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Charles-Cook would be a cracking signing and if that was the trade then I'd do it, but with losing Woodburn and probably looking to move McEneff on, I suspect the funds will already be there. 

Forrest is an interesting one. Seems to be scoring pretty reliably. I think both would be good options if we could get them. 

I seem to recall the season after promotion we leant too heavily on the foreign market which resulted in a lot of criticism. 

Hopefully European football is a huge draw and will make securing targets like Charles-Cook in particular a lot easier. 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Would take him, but Celtic turned down an approach from Napoli for him in the January window so doubt he will be in our price range

Naisys Tackle

Neilson isn't going to want Walker back ffs.

Time to move on.  Scales or the other Dundee Utd midfielder who is Hibs would be decent. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm reasonably certain the 3-4-3 isn't back on the shelf for good. Robbie played the 4-2-3-1 for years without changing, and teams sussed out his style. The 3-4-3 allows many of the same core principles but teams have to respond to it completely differently.

This season we played the 3-4-3 enough that opposing managers started to develop a book on how to beat us, and the return of the 4-2-3-1 has thrown them off again. I think we'll be in it again on Saturday but if we start getting bottled up, I have no doubt Robbie will roll out the 3-4-3 again.

I’d like us to sign a quality left centre half so we can move Kingsley to left back and have halliday as back up so we can empty cochrane and hopefully a quality right sided one as well to replace soapy/Taylor Moore !!

57 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

I’d like us to sign a quality left centre half so we can move Kingsley to left back and have halliday as back up so we can empty cochrane and hopefully a quality right sided one as well to replace soapy/Taylor Moore !!

I totally agree and have been saying this for some time. Cochrane just isn't good enough for us.

Neither are Taylor-Moore and Woodburn.

Ainsley Harriott

Chris Hamilton seems be doing well on loan. Not totally sure of his position though. Would really like to see some of our academy become first team players soon

Batistuta87

OK, had some free time today so here's my definitive list of first team quality (at least value) players who are available at the end of the season. Some have only gone down to a certain market value so there'll be lots more out there who are valued lower.

Who're we huvin? :D 

Goalkeepers:

image.png.7029b47a66a6e9d3ba73113b52f3a948.png

image.png.af554c3f6646890f38ab75866f3d7331.png

image.png.919a3cf418b377de495d6be2a8ba9288.png

Centre Backs: 

image.png.b38679cd3559ccea023265180ef55bee.png

image.png.b1b15cc0ed9cfd83026473b10ffbf040.png

Left Backs:

image.png.5008112ad7e83ef5c6a594bd7cd00c88.pngimage.png.83dbd1955cabbe23a8d20adf8009294f.png

image.png.3d81dc6a52805c39da0695d67bace503.png

Right Backs: 

image.png.86dfc708c8e75a64b819eac68538699a.png

image.png.83efb0377975aeb1a7973241a5f3d784.png

Centre Mids: 

image.png.ee8d20a025a3b6168cf27eaa3c7358c7.png

image.png.bae3a719d3b7fd52133d5bd27651e5ab.png

image.png.ddfc926e528799721689f33bf6568bd9.png

image.png.bbffe09bf89c77aac4861a9ffce00e43.png

Wingers:

image.png.3679744caf69502e700a6c1ba5686135.png

image.png.39646281923d73a6ddcb64c1e4890217.png

image.png.d937d3dfccf55e456fe7fb9aaf2b2ae7.png

Strikers: 

image.png.0f02382f23e6624abafc0d35ed954e48.png

image.png.7d503f5d8f7697a8625329cb3c11bd22.png

image.png.bc730126eecc070ec9ab54b5f34db143.png

I'm pretty sure we will be sounding out players already for next season and will have our targets. Walker is finished at Hearts, no doubt about it. He probably should have got some more game time than he did, however he has had plenty chances in his second spell. Robbie started him in a cup final and he completely let us down with his non appearance and was hooked at half time. Time to bring in better, it's all about continuing to improve season on season. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I'm pretty sure we will be sounding out players already for next season and will have our targets. Walker is finished at Hearts, no doubt about it. He probably should have got some more game time than he did, however he has had plenty chances in his second spell. Robbie started him in a cup final and he completely let us down with his non appearance and was hooked at half time. Time to bring in better, it's all about continuing to improve season on season. 

I think that's exactly right.  We will be looking to attract better players than Walker.  Never fully reached his potential imo.

Watt-Zeefuik

The Scotsman did thing today on a few SPFL players out of contract.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/12-most-interesting-scottish-premiership-stars-on-expiring-deals-3602215

Beyond the obvious ones of Haring and RCC, the only ones on this list I'd think Hearts might be interested in would be Liam Donnelly, who might be useful for cover at the back but is probably older (26) than Savage wants, and Alan Forrest, who's kicked on well in the last couple months but doesn't have a ton of goals to his name.

22 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The Scotsman did thing today on a few SPFL players out of contract.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/12-most-interesting-scottish-premiership-stars-on-expiring-deals-3602215

Beyond the obvious ones of Haring and RCC, the only ones on this list I'd think Hearts might be interested in would be Liam Donnelly, who might be useful for cover at the back but is probably older (26) than Savage wants, and Alan Forrest, who's kicked on well in the last couple months but doesn't have a ton of goals to his name.

I think we have RCC on a pre contract agreement and I really hope I am right because he is a smashing player who I think will go on to be brilliant.