***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

AllyjamboDerbyshire
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

High whelm signing were generally based on them coming from down south and with contracts running through July down there, any signings from down south may well be August time. 

It's been mentioned a lot and it's not August yet. 

Was actually a tongue in cheek post, just suggesting that as the multiple whelm incoming posts ended up in disappointment:wallbash: that the current batch of no whelm posts might lead to whelm happiness:HeartsManspotrun:. I do hope, though, that you are right and August brings much whelmness to JKB👍

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

If money is the problem why don't Hearts just ask our support as we never fail to deliver. Ok the players we'll after are a secret because Hibs or Aberdeen might come in and steal them   😂😂😂 I suppose that's as good as an excuse we have heard in a while. Another one is there are no players on planet Earth that are good enough to play for Hearts and the wage isn't an issue. Joe's mobile went dead and we missed 2 Centre Halfs, a midfielder and a Goal Scorer. 

Joe's song :

So you finally came right out and said it boy, 

What took you so long, It was in your eyes, that look's been there for too long, I'm waiting in line, Would you say I was wasting my time. 

Or did I miss again, I think I missed again oh.

Edited by mitch41

21 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Your probably on the wind up but I would give him a chance regardless of his off field antics. I actually don't care if we have a team of serial killers along as they win and show q bit of fight and passion. 

Tbf mate I actually would, impressed at Dundee. Probably wouldn’t sign any serial killers though.

Guest ToqueJambo

20 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I must admit, I thought getting some players in would be a bit easier this window. A quick look on Transfermarkt shows a huge number of players without a club/out of contract. Mind you, I wasn't that bothered about TM last season, so that's maybe how it always is?... but it does seem that a lot of players could be out of work when the season begins. Perhaps this puts 'quality' players in a stronger position... who knows 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully get a couple of signings in before too long.

I can't decide whether to be disappointed or encouraged. The kid in me is desperate for new signings. The pragmatic part of me is happy we're not rushing into signing multiple players for positions as in recent seasons.

The other thing is we can all see how hard Celtic are finding making signings and they have, relatively speaking, bigger issues with their team and more or less unlimited finances. As well as having a more urgent need as CL qualifying has already started.

So you have to assume there's a trickle down effect. If the big clubs with all their resources are having trouble, then the smaller clubs definitely will.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. As it’s been so slow, I’m preparing to be disappointed. Do you honestly think we’ll bring in 4 quality signings?

At this rate I don't know what their idea of quality is. Good or bad we the fans know what we need and 4 players should be a minimum but I'm not holding my breath.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Was actually a tongue in cheek post, just suggesting that as the multiple whelm incoming posts ended up in disappointment:wallbash: that the current batch of no whelm posts might lead to whelm happiness:HeartsManspotrun:. I do hope, though, that you are right and August brings much whelmness to JKB👍

Multiple whelms........

images (16).jpeg

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Might've been missed over the weekend but whelm is not something to be used anymore. Annoyed too many it seems. :(

2 hours ago, bazman said:

Need to get it sorted with the window shutting on Saturday.....what do you mean there's still another month to go

Ah no eh. Why go to the bother of signing players before the season starts huh. Some folk eh?

Just now, mitch41 said:

At this rate I don't know what their idea of quality is. Good or bad we the fans know what we need and 4 players should be a minimum but I'm not holding my breath.

We need two centre backs or one and  a RWB and move Smith to CB, a midfielder and a striker. I’m already at the stage where I seriously doubt we’ll get the 4 we need. Time’s marching on. 

22 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Your probably on the wind up but I would give him a chance regardless of his off field antics. I actually don't care if we have a team of serial killers along as they win and show q bit of fight and passion. 

No1 Jack the ripper....No2 Ted Bundy....No3 Peter Sutcliff.Jeez, that would be murder.

BackOfTheNet

In its 400 pages this thread has come full circle at least once or twice, but Jason Cumming’s? It’s now went back in time to summer 2020 and every window before it!

Lafferty been papped by that Cypriot team yet? It’s been a while since someone suggested he should sign…

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need two centre backs or one and  a RWB and move Smith to CB, a midfielder and a striker. I’m already at the stage where I seriously doubt we’ll get the 4 we need. Time’s marching on. 

Smith is great at centre back if he's marking Griffiths but the lack of height at the back is suicidal.

Just now, mitch41 said:

Smith is great at centre back if he's marking Griffiths but the lack of height at the back is suicidal.

Yep. See what happens but the longer we go the more pessimistic I’m becoming. 

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This is more like story time than a football forum. No-one has a clue what’s going on but many are making up stories. Some of the regulars on here have excellent sources and even they are dry this summer. We will make signings before the window closes of that we can all be sure. Think it’s worth waiting for the players the club wants rather than just making up the numbers. 

Absolutely, was more trying to get an answer from the posters perspective rather than claim thats what has happened, though it could be plausible. 

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit short term thinking there. 

Probably be short of players mid way through the season. 

He has talent and would be worth a year, You never know with him he will either be the next robbo or the next Paul McCallum.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Herbert said:

He has talent and would be worth a year, You never know with him he will either be the next robbo or the next Paul McCallum.

The next Robbo? 

Put the candy floss away. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The next Robbo? 

Put the candy floss away. 

You get the point he would either be great for us or total shit and a waste of money but we're used to them 😂

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep. See what happens but the longer we go the more pessimistic I’m becoming. 

If nothing happens after the first week August I'll be concerned. 

I'm going with the general  contractual situation down there being the hold up on announcements. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

If nothing happens after the first week August I'll be concerned. 

I'm going with the general  contractual situation down there being the hold up on announcements. 

Hope you’re right. Be an exciting week next week if you are. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I am.  We were told we were after quality. We’ve slashed the wage budget and I expect and I expect at least two players who will make a huge difference. 

I'll be very surprised if we have taken this long to land our primary targets.

Strange feeling we're going to get a loan or 2 in of the Demi Mitchell bags of potential level.

Cutting it fine for goalscoring debuts v celtic though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Strange feeling we're going to get a loan or 2 in of the Demi Mitchell bags of potential level.

You could be right, loans might be better than shit 4 year contracts though 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
46 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Might've been missed over the weekend but whelm is not something to be used anymore. Annoyed too many it seems. :(

Well they can all whelm off as far as I'm concerned. Equal rights for whelms.

16 minutes ago, pointon said:

Page 401 and Randy Savage is still sitting on the top turn buckle 

But what ab lln elbow when it drops.

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nobody is signing before Celtic imo.

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Well they can all whelm off as far as I'm concerned. Equal rights for whelms.

:horse::mj_zivili:

I suspect decent  players are not keen on signing up to a lower basic wage, high incentive bonus pay deal.

I doubt we are even shopping in the same market as Aberdeen or Hibs at this point in time, in the past we could best what these sides could pay

The modern player is only interested in his bottom line, ie if Motherwell paid a higher basic than us then the sad fact is the player will choose them over us, that would never have happened in the past

(I’m only using Motherwell as an example before anyone loses there shit 😀)

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Maybe  the money just isn't there for new signings of acceptable quality atm 

I don’t think you are too far from the truth

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Maybe  the money just isn't there for new signings of acceptable quality atm 

Robbie and Joe have both stated we’ve been close or are close to signings so I reckon we’ll see new arrivals. It’s just a case of how many and when imo 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody is signing before Celtic imo.

Any new signing would likely be bench anyhow, unless Souttar is struggling. An Andy Thorn stye last minute signing would be good!

Gordon

Souttar Halkett KIngsley

Smith                                       Cochrane/Halliday

Haring/Halliday  Pollock

GMS       Boyce      Ginnelly

Assuming Neilson sticks with this formation which probably isn't certain, that team can compete with Celtic. A worse one did last season against both Hibs and Celtic. Could be a huge day for Pollock. It's unlikely McEneff will play the AM role and the chat from Neilson is Walker isn't fit enough to start so he's likely to be the impact sub. So the only alternative to Pollock would be a more defensive central mid pair of Haring and Halliday. 

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I suspect decent  players are not keen on signing up to a lower basic wage, high incentive bonus pay deal.

I doubt we are even shopping in the same market as Aberdeen or Hibs at this point in time, in the past we could best what these sides could pay

The modern player is only interested in his bottom line, ie if Motherwell paid a higher basic than us then the sad fact is the player will choose them over us, that would never have happened in the past

(I’m only using Motherwell as an example before anyone loses there shit 😀)

Why could they pay more than us when our accounts & turnover is much better than any of them? 

Plus we have Anderson on board now who is committed to funding us

Players will come, August is the main market month everywhere.

Just our season that starts stupidly early

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

😄

Big Ed Kemper up front. he will surely find space in the box.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Any new signing would likely be bench anyhow, unless Souttar is struggling. An Andy Thorn stye last minute signing would be good!

Gordon

Souttar Halkett KIngsley

Smith                                       Cochrane/Halliday

Haring/Halliday  Pollock

GMS       Boyce      Ginnelly

Assuming Neilson sticks with this formation which probably isn't certain, that team can compete with Celtic. A worse one did last season against both Hibs and Celtic. Could be a huge day for Pollock. It's unlikely McEneff will play the AM role and the chat from Neilson is Walker isn't fit enough to start so he's likely to be the impact sub. So the only alternative to Pollock would be a more defensive central mid pair of Haring and Halliday. 

Probably right. Would like to see Pollock continue but I’d definitely be playing Halliday. I think we’ll see him at his best against Celtic and Hibs. 

1 minute ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Why could they pay more than us when our accounts & turnover is much better than any of them? 

Plus we have Anderson on board now who is committed to funding us

Players will come, August is the main market month everywhere.

Just our season that starts stupidly early

I’m sure we have re-structured our wage deals, any new players will be given lower basic wage, with high win bonus incentives, we won’t be having new signings on long term 4 year deals with high basic wage with no incentive to win games.

This could be a barrier to bringing in quality players 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jbee647 said:

I’m sure we have re-structured our wage deals, any new players will be given lower basic wage, with high win bonus incentives, we won’t be having new signings on long term 4 year deals with high basic wage with no incentive to win games.

This could be a barrier to bringing in quality players 

It sounds like we were paying very good basic wages across the board though. We should be back to variable basic wages depending on the player, plus bonuses, and we should be able to complete with Hibs and Aberdeen in that respect, although we are playing catch up to an extent after last season.

1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

😄

Big Ed Kemper up front. he will surely find space in the box.

He's a unit, 6'9, highly intelligent and has a nasty streak he could be a  kevin Mckenna type but more gritty.

coatbridgejambo
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He's a unit, 6'9, highly intelligent and has a nasty streak he could be a  kevin Mckenna type but more gritty.

Work permit could be an issue 

1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Work permit could be an issue 

Would you reject him?

We do need a bit of backbone, Naismith was brilliant when he came in because he offered us that. 

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Bottom line we are shite and run like a community project 

After a resounding 1-0 win yesterday how can you say were shite. We've not lost in 8 games against quality teams.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

After a resounding 1-0 win yesterday how can you say were shite. We've not lost in 8 games against quality teams.

I have blisters on my palms from all that happy clapping 

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

In fairness sitting at home watching the tele clapping away is quite a concern

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Whelmsley gone? Was he transferred? 😭

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I can't decide whether to be disappointed or encouraged. The kid in me is desperate for new signings. The pragmatic part of me is happy we're not rushing into signing multiple players for positions as in recent seasons.

The other thing is we can all see how hard Celtic are finding making signings and they have, relatively speaking, bigger issues with their team and more or less unlimited finances. As well as having a more urgent need as CL qualifying has already started.

So you have to assume there's a trickle down effect. If the big clubs with all their resources are having trouble, then the smaller clubs definitely will.

Yeah, tend to agree here. It’s an odd ‘window’ and not just for us it seems. I’m taking some solace in the fact we seem to have added some ‘key’ positions behind the scenes. If they work for us, then at least going forward, we will hopefully be in good hands 🤞

As for shellick, they seem to be linked with every man and his dug… I really fancy us at the weekend. Their demise this last year, has been glorious… long may it continue!

18 minutes ago, bazman said:

In fairness sitting at home watching the tele clapping away is quite a concern

It’s a poser do you use Norwegian hand cream or nivea skin and nails?

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, pointon said:

The blisters on YOUR hands are not from clapping.... 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Aye **** that! When did this happen?? 
The whelms chat is genuinely funny unlike most of the other patter (namely the accusations of "interlopers" resulting from any slight disagreement)
Like everything that happens on here; if you don't like it, scroll on past!!! 

Whelm the **** on BOTN. Bunch of miserable *******s 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***