• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• DH1986

• GinRummy

24 minutes ago, been here before said:

As usual...

Its freaky as **** how you cant get over him.

He's gone, he's not coming back.

Robbie lovers everywhere out in force tonight and rather than debate, throw insults it's not even an insult 😂😂it's just utterly pathetic, the fact I've hit with facts, people just can't stand it damn you Bongo. 

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ultimately it’s all guesswork. Easy for a player to start a rumour they want to move on. The club takes the bait, make a serious enough offer, and the player accepts. Doubt it works like that to be honest. 

Cochrane will have something lined up. Something that he seems to think is better than being at Hearts at this time. Time will tell what that is.

Or Cochrane could look at how other players careers have went under Levein and Neilson, and decide to say feck that. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or Cochrane could look at how other players careers have went under Levein and Neilson, and decide to say feck that. 

Dunno why, but I think he’s off abroad where physicality is less of a requirement.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie lovers everywhere out in force tonight and rather than debate, throw insults it's not even an insult 😂😂it's just utterly pathetic, the fact I've hit with facts, people just can't stand it damn you Bongo. 

Nothing to do with Robbie. Nothing to do with Budge. Nothing to do with Levein, Cathro, Vlad, Robinson, Skacel, Robbo, Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Wallace Mercer or Jimmy Bone. Nothing to do with anyone.

100% to do with your creepy, obssesive Pavlovian hard on brought on by Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan.

You're like some 13 year old lassie who cant accept her favourite popstar has left the group.

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you check back fowler you will see I wasn't the one who mentioned Stendel whatsoever 😂 I suggest you and a few others go to specsavers 👍

🤡

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nothing to do with Robbie. Nothing to do with Budge. Nothing to do with Levein, Cathro, Vlad, Robinson, Skacel, Robbo, Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Wallace Mercer or Jimmy Bone. Nothing to do with anyone.

100% to do with your creepy, obssesive Pavlovian hard on brought on by Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan.

You're like some 13 year old lassie who cant accept her favourite popstar has left the group.

Yeah nothing to do with Robbie hearts are perfect, all is good in da hood. 

Can't wait to see the club and Robbie churn out more youth talent. 

been here before
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah nothing to do with Robbie hearts are perfect, all is good in da hood. 

Can't wait to see the club and Robbie churn out more youth talent. 

You're slavering now.

The fact people are mentioning your Dan, Dan, Dan obsession has nothing at all to do with "Robbie lovers being out in force".

More your...

CuBUYKfWYAAx6kS.thumb.jpg.5aaedfc7ed022502e84c0428a9490368.jpg

...style behaviour.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're slavering now.

The fact people are mentioning your Dan, Dan, Dan obsession has nothing at all to do with "Robbie lovers being out in force".

More your...

CuBUYKfWYAAx6kS.thumb.jpg.5aaedfc7ed022502e84c0428a9490368.jpg

...style behaviour.

Aye I'm slavering 🤔🙄 nothing bad will be said, did I tell you I can supply you with straws if you want?. 

You never know the club might give you a medal, for being the biggest ass kisser 😉😜😂

been here before
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye I'm slavering 🤔🙄 nothing bad will be said, did I tell you I can supply you with straws if you want?. 

You never know the club might give you a medal, for being the biggest ass kisser 😉😜😂

Is it the club thats made you a Dan, Dan, Dan obssesive?

That seems to be your binary point here. In your world here are 2 choices-

1. Club ass kisser

2. Obssesed by Dan.

Nothing in between.

Edited by been here before

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, been here before said:

Only one thing on this site is more obsessive than Bongo’s Stendel fixation...

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have it on good authority that Cochrane was not offered a new contract and that he doesn't get on with Neilson. 

I believe the person that told me this more than I believe the club.

The club wouldn’t state they offered Cochrane a new contract if they haven’t.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have it on good authority that Cochrane was not offered a new contract and that he doesn't get on with Neilson. 

If this is true then that would explain. IE if we did offer him a contract, then technically he can’t go anywhere unless we agree to the development fee 🤔

hmfc_liam06
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

So the club, knowing that if we offer him a contract, protects us with a development fee have lied about offering him a contract.

Yep, calling BS here.

I'm not known for 'in the know' information, but I believe what I was told is the truth, given who the person is that told me. 

I don’t think you would have said it otherwise. Still wondering how much the development fee would be - even if a club wanted to take him, I don’t think we would be difficult to deal with. Ain’t any point holding his career to ransom. If he wants to go, let him go 🤷‍♂️

hmfc_liam06

You can call it what you like liam. 

I'll just leave it at that. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up but I wouldn't have posted if I didn't believe the person who told me.

Don't doubt you at all Jonno, just makes absolutely no sense with Savage coming out pretty much stating that's why we offered the contract.

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm not known for 'in the know' information, but I believe what I was told is the truth, given who the person is that told me. 

Have you actually read the media piece.....have you read what Neilson is quoted as saying ?

To think he’s lying is ridiculous 🤣

What would even be the point in him lying ? It’s no surprise HC is leaving.....he’s barely kicked a ball for any club....neve4 mind Hearts.... in probably 2 seasons.

57 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it?. 

Absolutely, that and athleticism are the basics nowadays. You can make a decent living with a limited amount of skill thrown in. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Absolutely, that and athleticism are the basics nowadays. You can make a decent living with a limited amount of skill thrown in. 

I think the other poster’s claim was to ridicule people saying Cochrane has no pace or stamina. Despite it being most people opinion based on the evidence of watching the player. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don’t think you would have said it otherwise. Still wondering how much the development fee would be - even if a club wanted to take him, I don’t think we would be difficult to deal with. Ain’t any point holding his career to ransom. If he wants to go, let him go 🤷‍♂️

The fee we ask for will surely depend on where he goes, if it’s Dundee United or Dunfermline. 

Some strong characters will make it nomatter what but I'm convinced that the reason for the failure of many youngsters to improve is nothing more than NOT having team-mates who are any better - and in some cases worse than themselves. Hearts stuffed with journeymen and has-beens are a classic example of this and until we start bringing in players who are a cut abovethe ordinary, this situation won't/can't change. Probably a poor example but think of how well Calum Elliot (a fairly unexceptional footballer) played when surrounded by the talent he was back in the day. No doubt you can think of many others. 

Footballers are no different from any other youngster in his/her formative years in whatever profession they enter. They need role-models and people around them to bring out their best and that's IMO what's been lacking for quite a while. Hate to say it but in order to reach reach that situation it will require an element of "speculate to accumulate" and I'm not sure we have either the balls or funds available to do this. 

Nap this’ll come back to haunt us. He will end up at Killie or Motherwell or similar and be sold in 3 years for a fortune...after scoring againt Hearts most times. 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Have you actually read the media piece.....have you read what Neilson is quoted as saying ?

To think he’s lying is ridiculous 🤣

What would even be the point in him lying ? It’s no surprise HC is leaving.....he’s barely kicked a ball for any club....neve4 mind Hearts.... in probably 2 seasons.

He only posted what someone told him. Whether it’s true or not is another story, but if folk do get told stuff from time to time (maybe true, maybe not true), and if they are told it would be good to accept that they are only putting it out there, rather than them being made to feel that they are being questioned for the validity of what’s said - if he believes his source then no reason to call bullshit just because Savage says otherwise - just because it’s the club position - that doesn’t mean that Savage isn’t telling the truth but no one really knows what happened with the contract offer 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The fee we ask for will surely depend on where he goes, if it’s Dundee United or Dunfermline. 

I honestly have no idea mate how it works. You could be right. I would have thought that it would be a set fee depending on age/length of time at the club, but I could be completely wrong

If anyone else knows exactly how the fee is depicted, would be interested to hear 

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nap this’ll come back to haunt us. He will end up at Killie or Motherwell or similar and be sold in 3 years for a fortune...after scoring againt Hearts most times. 

I don't know what nap means but I would bet not nap.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Don't worry about it Hearts1975. 

I can look after myself. 

:lol:

Was just thinking that 😀 sorry, didn’t mean to get in the middle of the 2 of you 🙏

Can’t link the article but an interesting piece on Doncaster’s Jamie Coppinger on the bbc. 

relevant - ish - to Harry.

you just never know what’s happening in a young kids mind.

harry - not arsed with footy

hickey - arsed.

2 minutes ago, His name is said:

Just catching up here.

Has Cochrane turned into pirlo overnight? What am I missing

Yep. Multiple managers didn't want to play him even though he was better than those we were playing, just for laughs. 

He hasn't done enough at Hearts since breaking through. 

The fact is nobody on here knows who's fault it is that he's not kicked on. 

Too many are quick to blame the club at present.

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, His name is said:

Just catching up here.

Has Cochrane turned into pirlo overnight? What am I missing

Andy Irving is the Portobello Pirlo looks like he is off too  Harry is the Montrose Messi, the youngster's we are offering contracts to want would rather leave the club to further their careers , is it the coaches? The manager, something isn't right at the club 

Peter Haring and McIneff showed last week what we have been missing in midfield. The answer is not Harry Cochrane and Andy Irving

27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think the other poster’s claim was to ridicule people saying Cochrane has no pace or stamina. Despite it being most people opinion based on the evidence of watching the player. 

If he fills out in the next few years who knows. Problem is we can't wait. 

8 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Andy Irving is the Portobello Pirlo looks like he is off too  Harry is the Montrose Messi, the youngster's we are offering contracts to want would rather leave the club to further their careers , is it the coaches? The manager, something isn't right at the club 

Manager hardly a reason to stay. 

Boyces beard
20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I honestly have no idea mate how it works. You could be right. I would have thought that it would be a set fee depending on age/length of time at the club, but I could be completely wrong

If anyone else knows exactly how the fee is depicted, would be interested to hear 

How it works in Scotland

Compensation

F3-Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.

F4-If a Club wishes to re-engage a Professional Player and/or preserve any right that it may wish to assert to Compensation, such Club must have sent to the Player, to his last known home address or delivered tohim personally, and copied to the Secretary, not later than fourteen days prior to the expiry of the term of the Player’s Contract of Service, a written offer of re-engagement in accordance with Rule F5.

F5-An offer of re-engagement for the purposes of RulesF4 must be for a term of not less than one year, on:-F5.1replacement terms which are, in the opinion of the Board, not less favourable in all monetary respects, on an annual comparison basis, with the immediately preceding year of his employment, except thata signing-on fee and/or any additional or other lump sum payments included in the previous terms need not be repeated; or,F5.2deemed terms as provided in Rule F6.

F6-If an offer made in accordance with Rule F5 does not specify the term and/or terms offered for such re-engagement then the Club making the offer shall be deemed to have offered employment for a term of one year from the expiry of the term of the Player’s existing Contract of Service on the same terms on which he was employed at the date of such offer, except that any signing-on fee and/or any additional or other lump sum payments included in the existing terms are not included in the deemed offer.

F7-If, after the expiry of the term of his Contract of Service a Professional Player, to whom an offer in terms of Rules F5 and F6 has been made which is not accepted by him, is Registered for a new Club in circumstances where Rule F3 applies, then that new Club shall be liable to pay Compensation to the Player's former Club

F8-If Clubs are unable to reach agreement on the amount of Compensation payable then either of the Clubs concerned or the Board shall have the right, at any time, to have any Compensation payable, if any, determined by a Compensation Tribunal.

F9-In the event of the two Clubs concerned not reaching agreement on the amount of any Compensation payable, the new Club must, on the date of Scottish FA Registration or, if later, on the date of any first offer of Compensation, pay to the Player's former Club at least 50% of the highest amount offered or, as the case may be, offered, plus VAT at the standard rate. All offers of Compensation shall be in writing and shall be copied to the Secretary by recorded delivery post when they are sent to the Player’s former Club. In the event that the amount of Compensation ordered to be paid by a Compensation Tribunal is less than the amount previously paid in terms of this Rule F9 or if no Compensation is ordered to be so paid then the Club which has received such payment shall be liable to forthwith repay as a debt the amount overpaid or, where no payment is so ordered to be paid, the amount paid, to the Club which made such payment.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I said earlier we agreed a £65k deal with Rangers for Holt so you can arrange a few. Places like America had a low ranking so they could sign players with no fee but not sure if it’s the same. There’s also different rules for fees between England and here too. All a bit complicated 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

john thomas
28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don't worry about it Hearts1975. 

I can look after myself. 

:lol:

You didn't question what you were told ?

Doesn't really make a lot of sense does it ?

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

The hearts website disagrees with your post

17 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Peter Haring and McIneff showed last week what we have been missing in midfield. The answer is not Harry Cochrane and Andy Irving

Agree.

love the spelling of McIneff though. Hopefully see years of this :)

alwaysthereinspirit
11 hours ago, jambo191 said:

Should have kicked on after that celtic game.

Only 19 years old still.

Very badly managed for years, not to mention some of the dross that have been signed/played ahead of him.

Sad state of affairs with this one.

Played ahead of him? He hasn’t done anything recently to say he’d be any better than the dross that has played ahead of him. So he’d have still got pelters on here and from fans if they were in stadiums.

Hearts have offered to resign him he’s said no thanks. Can’t blame Hearts for everything. He never exactly lit up the heather on loan anywhere. Good luck to him and maybe he just needs a new football location to kick on.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hmm 🤔

Didn't we offer him a new contract and he turned it down, like Holt? I wish we'd kept him with the first team squad this season along with a few youngsters. Would rather try to develop him than give someone like Halliday game time. At 19 though he really should have kicked on. However, none of us can say for sure he'll turn out to be a player, not even the great Stephane Adam. Very few players we release or who choose to leave at that age go on to play with clubs our level.

Scott Brown really did a number on him. That injury seemed to set him back a lot. Great job from the Scotland captain.

Edited by ToqueJambo