• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

• GinRummy

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge has said you will need to be tested to get in, email her and ask why she feels it’s necessary. I will be vaccinated anyway. 

Will it be up to Budge? 

Is she going to have specific Tynie rules?

I get my second jag tomorrow. I am not sure what the evidence is that testing is justified given the very high cost and unreliability ... assuming Covid levels remain at or below current levels. And if they rise significantly there won't be crowds at games anyway.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge has said you will need to be tested to get in, email her and ask why she feels it’s necessary. I will be vaccinated anyway. 

Will it be up to Budge? 

I get my second jag tomorrow. I am not sure what the evidence is that testing is justified given the very high cost and unreliability ... assuming Covid levels remain at or below current levels. And if they rise significantly there won't be crowds at games anyway.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll have had my second jag well before next season so hopefully that will be enough to get into Tynecastle but if they want me to pay for testing prior to games as well then they can get tae France.

No-one knows what will happen yet so we will all just have to wait and see. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Will it be up to Budge? 

She is in charge of letting people into the ground and if she wants to get folk tested that’s on her, she’s not exactly known for making good decisions or taking fans into consideration. 
I’m sure she will be guided by the wonderful Scottish Government she and her Tory pals hate so much 😆

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

She is in charge of letting people into the ground and if she wants to get folk tested that’s on her, she’s not exactly known for making good decisions or taking fans into consideration. 
I’m sure she will be guided by the wonderful Scottish Government she and her Tory pals hate so much 😆

Well I think the government is in charge of what opens or not and what sanctions are required to get in. If you need to have a rapid test to get in then so be it. If its not required then budge and Co won't make you have one before you come in as it may lower revenue for the club if people are put off. I expect any decisions will be made to get as many fans in as possible 

davemclaren
Just now, gov said:

Well I think the government is in charge of what opens or not and what sanctions are required to get in. If you need to have a rapid test to get in then so be it. If its not required then budge and Co won't make you have one before you come in as it may lower revenue for the club if people are put off. I expect any decisions will be made to get as many fans in as possible 

I also think any rules along vaccine certificates, tests etc will be league wide as well. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I also think any rules along vaccine certificates, tests etc will be league wide as well. 

Exactly to claim budge will be behind the choices made is just ridiculous 

Either way she can claim she HAS taken fans into consideration.

If she insists on having fans tested, she can claim to be hoghly concerned about fans' welfare and the spread of the virus.

If she doesn't, she can claim it's unfait to impose costs and inconvenience on the club's fans.

Which way should she go and why?

simplesimon
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The four games cost will be deducted off next seasons ST, if you don’t buy one you don’t get anything. 

I am certain the agreement was the extra credit can be used for individual tickets if you don;t renew your season.  As someone currently working abroad, that was the reason I bought a season last year, there's a high risk I will not get back for games in 2021 so I knew there was a good chance I would not renew again and took the credit thing into account when deciding.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, gov said:

I work in a pub, it’s up to us to decide to demand you have a vaccine passport or a test to get in. We were taking temperatures which the government didn’t demand and adhering to restrictions last summer. It’s the same with the club. 
If you need to pay for the test “it will mean a couple of pints less” according to Budge, does that sound like someone in touch with the views of the fans or any idea how it will impact STs? Read the last few pages and see how divisive and financially prohibitive that viewpoint is. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

I am certain the agreement was the extra credit can be used for individual tickets if you don;t renew your season.  As someone currently working abroad, that was the reason I bought a season last year, there's a high risk I will not get back for games in 2021 so I knew there was a good chance I would not renew again and took the credit thing into account when deciding.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember them saying you had to renew to get the games, happy to be disproved though 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Either way she can claim she HAS taken fans into consideration.

If she insists on having fans tested, she can claim to be hoghly concerned about fans' welfare and the spread of the virus.

If she doesn't, she can claim it's unfait to impose costs and inconvenience on the club's fans.

Which way should she go and why?

That’s really up to her, I’ve just been showing folk what she has said on the subject. 

Pay for tests, no full crowds next season so people have that information. 
I personally wouldn’t fancy a test, the cost isn’t really an issue,  the time might be and I will have had both vaccinations by then. If we are going to only allowed into a few games I would probably do it. 
I’m more concerned with what’s going on with the team, that’s more likely to influence my decision. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-reveals-when-she-believes-hearts-fans-will-be-back-inside-tynecastle-3153411

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, jambali said:

They were taking temperatures for entry to the restaurant before full lockdown

That was a choice not a government stipulation. 

Francis Albert

I work in a pub, it’s up to us to decide to demand you have a vaccine passport or a test to get in. We were taking temperatures which the government didn’t demand and adhering to restrictions last summer. It’s the same with the club. 
If you need to pay for the test “it will mean a couple of pints less” according to Budge, does that sound like someone in touch with the views of the fans or any idea how it will impact STs? Read the last few pages and see how divisive and financially prohibitive that viewpoint is. 

A bit of an aside but why is the currency used for this sort of message always number of pints? Is this another symptom of the new puritanism? Why not visits to hairdressers or Primark? Or number of magazines bought? 

The currency used to be packets of fags but I suppose too few smoke now for that to be meaningful.

Although number of pints is meaningless to anyone who doesn't drink, and "a couple of pints less" is a very different message to someone who just enjoys an occasional weekend pint or two or sticks to the 14 units a week limit. It is saying you just have cut out the booze entirely or halve your modest intake.  

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambof3tornado

I still think we are a long way off even getting 8k fans into tynecastle.

Not even convinced we will be sorted for those numbers come the start of the season. Just seems so many hurdles to get over.

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The four games cost will be deducted off next seasons ST, if you don’t buy one you don’t get anything. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong but I seem to remember them saying you had to renew to get the games, happy to be disproved though 👍🏽

Apologies for repeating myself ...

Here's an extract from the club statement dated 15th May. The way I read this is that the value of the remainder of home games will be credited by way of a discount on the season ticket price for season 2021/2022 with those opting not to renew being given tickets (subject to availability, hence potentially an issue for certain matches e.g. Hibs, Celtic, Rangers). I think it is 4 games that'll be carried over from the so-called '18 home game guarantee'. So, methinks we will indeed be approached to buy 21/22 season tickets but at a 4 game 'discount' rather than everyone using up their 'credits' prior to STs being made available.

It's going to be a bit of a difficult sell regardless given the number of folks who paid for multiple season tickets this year and got the same streaming offer as did I. Not to mention the discrepancy between Premium ST price and e.g. Bronze ST price for the very same 'product'. For sure, that was one heck of an expensive stream this season! I suspect I'm not alone in thinking that the stream was a pretty poor return for the cost of a premium season ticket (or a bronze one for that matter).

"If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability."

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

All games available to stream for ST holders and fans able to stream individual games not shown by Sky. 

That could seriously hinder ST sales, existing ST holders are going to have at least 4 games carried over and then say there are 4 home games on Sky Sports, it leaves 10 games being streamed for the price of your ST, 40 quid a game? Surely folk will just pick and choose which of those 10 they want to watch PPV at a lot less than £40 a game.

*all of course assuming that we don't get back in the ground

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That could seriously hinder ST sales, existing ST holders are going to have at least 4 games carried over and then say there are 4 home games on Sky Sports, it leaves 10 games being streamed for the price of your ST, 40 quid a game? Surely folk will just pick and choose which of those 10 they want to watch PPV at a lot less than £40 a game.

All true, I’d add, I get the feeling, and it is just a feeling before anyone jumps on my back, that a lot of the togetherness between club and fans that was evident last close season has gone.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

All true, I’d add, I get the feeling, and it is just a feeling before anyone jumps on my back, that a lot of the togetherness between club and fans that was evident last close season has gone.

I'd agree, when ST were purchased last season most fans done so in the knowledge that it could mean watching streams all season but very few actually thought at the time of purchase that we'd not see a single game in person. Bitten once twice shy as they say.

Maybe I'm reading the SPFL statement wrong but it appears as if a home game is on Sky Sports it won't be streamed by Hearts. 

Now I realise this was the case this season in the Championship when BBC Scotland were covering a live game. 

There is a big difference between BBC showing a free to air game in place of Hearts ST stream and Sky making everyone pay to view a game we should be able to watch via our ST stream. 

I hope I've got that wrong and non Sky viewers get coverage through their ST. 🤔

adambraejambo
42 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'd make it a one price for all. 250 pounds or something to stream every game. Everyone who buys a online season ticket will get the opportunity to occasionally upgrade and get a match ticket for a extra 15 pounds for a limited capacity game  Anyone who held a season ticket for this current season keeps their seat to renew it for 22/23 season so you dont lose  your seat  but next season you only buying a cheaper online ticket with opportunity to maybe get to a game or 2 but seat be random when you get picked. 

If 2 in a household make it 300 pounds for a dual coverage with 2 log ins and 2 tickets together for a game or two and so on. 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Maybe I'm reading the SPFL statement wrong but it appears as if a home game is on Sky Sports it won't be streamed by Hearts. 

Now I realise this was the case this season in the Championship when BBC Scotland were covering a live game. 

There is a big difference between BBC showing a free to air game in place of Hearts ST stream and Sky making everyone pay to view a game we should be able to watch via our ST stream. 

I hope I've got that wrong and non Sky viewers get coverage through their ST. 🤔

Sky games can be streamed to ST holders but not sold for PPV.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Sky games can be streamed to ST holders but not sold for PPV.

Fair enough. 

Bazzas right boot

I wonder if they'll tag on the women's football as part of the St in terms of ppv or attendance at the game. 

Would make sense imo. 

been here before

**** any deal that involves Hearts TV. Id rather eat my own shite than tolerate another season of paying to watch games presented by the leagues worst club online streaming service.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

**** any deal that involves Hearts TV. Id rather eat my own shite than tolerate another season of paying to watch games presented by the leagues worst club online streaming service.

Have you viewed them all? 😄

been here before
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Have you viewed them all? 😄

Surprise, surprise up pops Pavlov dave to defend the inept shit that is Hearts TV

Everyone in the league this year thats been available for us to watch- plus whatever cup games we've had streamed, Ive watched.

Hope thats good enough for you. 

Edited by been here before

davemclaren
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Surprise, surprise lik up pops Pavlov dave to defend the inept shit that is Hearts TV

Everyone in the league this year thats been available for us to watch- plus whatever cup games we've had streamed, Ive watched.

I’m glad you’re happy. 😂

Surprise, surprise lik up pops Pavlov dave to defend the inept shit that is Hearts TV

Pavlov Dave 😂😂😂

been here before
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Pavlov Dave 😂😂😂

Honestly its funny as.

Criticise Hearts TV and up he pops.

Honestly its funny as.

Criticise Hearts TV and up he pops.

If I’m being honest, it’s shit for a club our size but I’ve watched different club tv on iptv for years and the Scottish clubs are all dreadful at it bar the O.F.

been here before
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If I’m being honest, it’s shit for a club our size but I’ve watched different club tv on iptv for years and the Scottish clubs are all dreadful at it bar the O.F.

Thats going to get him salivating.

Dave, Dave, c'mon boy, there's a good boy... where are you boy?..

🐶

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve never watched IPTCV or OFTV but I found it generally ok with few issues. Hope this doesn’t trigger another Pavlovian response. 🥸

davemclaren
Just now, been here before said:

Thats going to get him salivating.

Dave, Dave, c'mon boy, there's a good boy... where are you boy?..

🐶

Woof. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve never watched IPTCV or OFTV but I found it generally ok with few issues. Hope this doesn’t trigger another Pavlovian response. 🥸

Imo, when this is what’s on offer to replace your season ticket it should be way, way better. I’m not going to say how much I spent on season tickets and I’m going to sound like a cock when I say that I expect better than the same quality of broadcast than someone paying £20 a month got last season when viewing from abroad. Ivan expectation that the club has missed a trick by failing to invest in better streaming. 

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Surprise, surprise up pops Pavlov dave to defend the inept shit that is Hearts TV

You've been breaking the JKB picket line. 

Serves you right 😏

Seriously though my streams have been mostly fine. 

Perhaps you need to update your equipment and WiFi. 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Serves you right 😏

Not speaking for BHB but it’s not just the streams. The whole ‘programme’ is garbage. 

been here before
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Serves you right 😏

The wifi and equipment are fine. The content, presentation, commentating and value for money on Hearts TV are not.

Then of course theres the numerous 'technical issues' that arise during every single game for quite a number of people- check out the game Hearts TV thread. Every game we get an apology.

Just now, been here before said:

The wifi and equipment are fine. The content, presentation, commentating and value for money on Hearts TV are not.

Nailed it. Zero extra effort has been made this season compared to previous years, imo. Very poor from the club. 

I'll be buying my season ticket. I really like where I sit and the people around me.On saying that I very much doubt that'll happen in the foreseeable future. I cant possibly see how logistically they can have supporters in the stands .

Smoked-Glass

I think almost everyone over 21 will have had their vaccine by the time this season begins (or shortly after it begins)

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

All games available to stream for ST holders and fans able to stream individual games not shown by Sky. 

I can't see fans getting back into the ground in big numbers for a while. It makes sense not to sell season tickets for next season, to avoid any more backlogs of games. For when limited fans can get in, it goes to people looking to use up the 4 games carried forward from this season and then this seasons season ticket holders get first offer on tickets.  If the club price the streams right (unlike this season) at maybe £10/12 for Cat B games and say £15/£18 for Cat A games, we could make a decent income from it and cancel out the cost of no season tickets. 

With the Covid situation still being uncertain and likely to change in future, its not fair to charge fans £500 when the club doesn't know what it can provide. 

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

I can't see fans getting back into the ground in big numbers for a while. It makes sense not to sell season tickets for next season, to avoid any more backlogs of games. For when limited fans can get in, it goes to people looking to use up the 4 games carried forward from this season and then this seasons season ticket holders get first offer on tickets.  If the club price the streams right (unlike this season) at maybe £10/12 for Cat B games and say £15/£18 for Cat A games, we could make a decent income from it and cancel out the cost of no season tickets. 

With the Covid situation still being uncertain and likely to change in future, its not fair to charge fans £500 when the club doesn't know what it can provide. 

I agree but I’m really concerned where that leaves us financially.  

davemclaren
59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree but I’m really concerned where that leaves us financially.  

Down the pan I imagine. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Down the pan I imagine. 

Not an expert on the clubs finances but relying on hearts tv viewers buying 15 quid a weeks streams sounds damaging.

Percival King

If this deal is bad for Hearts, wouldn't it follow that it's also bad for most clubs which would then beg the question as to why those clubs, perhaps including Hearts, have agreed to it. As much as we don't rate Doncaster, surely he can't unilaterally agree a TV deal which the member clubs object to.