Season tickets

Smoked-Glass

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Struggle to make that one stick. Code 0 by June she announced the other day. It will be a choice by July, to take the chance or not to, she can't restrain trade any longer 

In Brazil, upwards of 4000 deaths a day. And people are having to be intubated awake and be tied to the bed to stop them struggling  because they’ve ran out of drugs to put people to sleep.

I ’m no sturgeon fan, and I absolutely hope we can safely get back to the footy. But this isn’t about restraining trade no matter what the loonies on Facebook think and no - it won’t and shouldnt be individual choice. Depressing as that is

Edited by kingantti1874

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

• GinRummy

The Treasurer

I will buy my ST, why?

Because its what I have done for the last 51 years.

Only health or financial reasons will ever stop me from supporting the team I love 

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I will buy my ST, why?

Only health or financial reasons will ever stop me from supporting the team I love 

And me

2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, agreed. I love the club as much as the next man.
Even when I lived abroad for a short period Hearts, especially on Saturday's was always a must...and it was a panic to get an update on the score and result!
But I'm not sure everyone shares our sentiment! I can remember good Hearts fans talking about never going back to Tynecastle after the deplorable way in which the board at that time treated King Willie Bauld!....Even the great man himself refused to go over the door for many years, and it wasn't until near the end that he returned.
People stopped going to games after the way that Tommy Walker was treated. I appreciate that it was decades ago.  But the sentiment and risks are the same!

Ann Budge is playing a dangerous game if she is using our emotional attachment to the club as a stick for her to continue her mismanagement.
Every supporter has a breaking point, bearing in mind that football is not a cheap form of entertainment anymore.

I've pointed out before that I would be one of the first at the front of the queue to renew my ST...But I honestly can't find the enthusiasm for it just now....And I've never said that before.
No one, especially me is holding a gun at Ann Budge's head! but she needs to see the collateral damage she is causing by keeping a divisive character at the club.
The solution to all this is firmly in Ann Budge's hands!

Neilson Out  

Good post in response to mine. 

I am old enough to remember these points you make. 

The Testimonial for King Wullie was handled disgracefully, nowadays JKB would have been all for lynching

the board of directors. 

The same level of seethe would have happened over Tommy Walker. 

These events just reinforced a sense of apathy that older fans had started to feel as our great teams from the 50s and early 60s broke up. I suppose they had been fortunate enough to see great teams and took it hard having to watch the club decline. 

There is definitely a lesson from the past though about taking the support for granted. 

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I will buy my ST, why?

😴

Not renewing until Neilson has gone.

Apparently, though, I should keep my mouth shut, slink away and know my place as the pro-Neilson/Budge/Levein lot have declared themselves as the righteous, the intelligent and the biggest Jambos around.

Girfuy.

Those three combined have ruined the club I love and I'm not prepared to back them financially any further.

Doesn't make me/us any less a Hearts supporter. There's a solid argument for the opposite.

I'm getting the Hearts the happy clappers deserve. Have done for 4/5 years now and enough is enough.

Edited by martoon

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Apparently, though, I should keep my mouth shut, slink away and know my place as the pro-Neilson/Budge/Levein lot have declared themselves as the righteous, the intelligent and the biggest Jambos around.

Girfuy.

Those three combined have ruined the club I love and I'm not prepared to back them financially any further.

Doesn't make me/us any less a Hearts supporter. There's a solid argument for the opposite.

I'm getting the Hearts the happy clappers deserve. Have done for 4/5 years now and enough is enough.

Stop sugar coating it mate........😉

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

Girfuy.

You're in the majority by the way. 

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Girfuy.

You sound angry😡 

Just because people are buying STs 

doesn't mean they are happy about what is happening at the club. 

You and others decision to

with hold your financial contribution is your right but will not influence 

decision making as there will be plenty others purchasing. 

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Girfuy.

Heartfelt post 👍

15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You're in the majority by the way. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Heartfelt post 👍

👍

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You sound angry😡 

Your spot on, ld.

I am.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I will buy my ST, why?

Absolutely top man.

51 years you say.  ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

In Brazil, upwards of 4000 deaths a day. And people are having to be intubated awake and be tied to the bed to stop them struggling  because they’ve ran out of drugs to put people to sleep.

I ’m no sturgeon fan, and I absolutely hope we can safely get back to the footy. But this isn’t about restraining trade no matter what the loonies on Facebook think and no - it won’t and shouldnt be individual choice. Depressing as that is

That's why travel is going to have to be managed carefully. 

For Brazil compare Australia or New Zealand and you can progress safely. 

Don't think Brazil is a very good example considering their recklessness from day 1.

Our conditions are very different and yes it is very nearly time to get life back so long as current trends head to calmer waters. My kids need their health and happiness too

The Shed Floodlight
On 15/04/2021 at 17:15, frankblack said:

(most) Teams will at least come and try to attack and make a game of it.

Most teàms did with the àmount of goals we lost at home.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Girfuy.

100% spot on.  Sadly I'm in the same boat.

been here before

Ill likely renew but Ill be taking every brass farthing to be claimed about unused matches and whatever it was Platinum ST holders could claim back.

And if Hearts TV is going to end up being part of the deal then Ill be blanking that shite.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Girfuy.

Well said 👍🏽

The Shed Floodlight
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

**** it will just go fishing. It's probably faster paced that Robbies free flowing football.

Do the fish swim sideways and then go back the way. We will all get season tickets for a reservoir up the Pentlands 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

100% spot on.  Sadly I'm in the same boat.

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said 👍🏽

👍

heartsfc_fan

Will most likely renew. This will be my 20th consecutive season ticket.

Just what I do I guess...

Smoked-Glass

Some people just enjoy the match experience. 

Hearts will never be world beaters but we boss this city. 

It's a storm in a teacup but it's my fookin picnic. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

**** it will just go fishing. It's probably faster paced that Robbies free flowing football.

How does a ‘**** it’  go fishing?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Serious question, btw.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Some people just enjoy the match experience. 

Hearts will never be world beaters but we boss this city. 

It's a storm in a teacup but it's my fookin picnic. 

It might well be a different match day experience though, reduced capacity, your mates might not be able to all go, half empty pubs, having to go and hour early to be tested at your own expense. 
To go and watch Levein/Neilson ball? 
Cant say I’m raring to go to be honest. 

Smoked-Glass
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It might well be a different match day experience though, reduced capacity, your mates might not be able to all go, half empty pubs, having to go and hour early to be tested at your own expense. 
To go and watch Levein/Neilson ball? 
Cant say I’m raring to go to be honest. 

We should all have had our vaccines by then. Plus it's technically outside when you're in your seat. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We should all have had our vaccines by then. Plus it's technically outside when you're in your seat. 

So you think it will be full crowds, full pubs, no testing by August? Vaccine passports? 

Smoked-Glass
27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you think it will be full crowds, full pubs, no testing by August? Vaccine passports? 

Not sure tbh. But the vaccine was supposed to put us back to near normality. 

5 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

If you look at what’s happening in other parts of the world it’s all a bit up in the air again. Loads of variants and doubts about future strains and efficacy of vaccines to combat new variants. It’s all a bit uncertain again 🙁

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What about those that don’t take it, would you risk sitting beside them if there’s no proof? There’s quite a few of the tinfoil hat brigade who are ST holders who are refusing to take it, head over to the Corona thread it’s like the QaNon appreciation group. 
Budge said testing is likely and we will need to pay for the pleasure. 
We can but hope for normality but it’s unlikely unfortunately. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I'll be renewing. 

Better than a night at the Apollo 🤷🏾‍♂️😜?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What about those that don’t take it, would you risk sitting beside them if there’s no proof? There’s quite a few of the tinfoil hat brigade who are ST holders who are refusing to take it, head over to the Corona thread it’s like the QaNon appreciation group. 

Wonder if PPV will be allowed to continue if part crowds return? 

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

It will need to I think, especially if there’s a slow or poor uptake in STs. 
I suppose if you think about kids aren’t going to be vaccinated, will they need to take tests? Lots of stuff to be taken into consideration, the Euros will help with some of it. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It will need to I think, especially if there’s a slow or poor uptake in STs. 
I suppose if you think about kids aren’t going to be vaccinated, will they need to take tests? Lots of stuff to be taken into consideration, the Euros will help with some of it. 

Sorry if it’s obvious, why will the Euros help?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry if it’s obvious, why will the Euros help?

The 25% crowds should hopefully show how it’s done and pave the way for bigger crowds a few weeks later. 

Season ticket holder for 30 years. Sorry won't be renewing with Robbie in charge. Although I probably will be at most of the games paying individually.  So club won't lose much from me.

Smoked-Glass
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But me myself will be vaccinated and thus protected.  Also that it's outside and I won't be engaging with the person next to me. 

Lastly, the virus is mostly harmless to most people. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

But me myself will be vaccinated and thus protected.  Also that it's outside and I won't be engaging with the person next to me. 

Lastly, the virus is mostly harmless to most people. 

So you’re willing to sit next to someone that might have for two hours? A person shouting or having touched the entrance or the railings or your seat?
The vaccination doesn’t stop you catching it, just means you won’t die from it. 
The virus has killed all ages of people, healthy or with underlying conditions.

I think you would fit in well on the corona thread.  
I would go and do some homework if I were you. 
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/can-you-spread-covid-after-receiving-vaccine/2478894/

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, martoon said:

Girfuy.

How has Neilson helped ruin the club? 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How has Neilson helped ruin the club? 

He's a fulsome part of the sickness, Tosh.

Money spinner, Birkikara, Connor Sammon, Alloa, Brora, ridiculously cautious football, hopeless tactics, sickened supporters...

Don't know what to make of you at times, Tosh.

You sometimes agree that Neilson has done enough to be sacked, then back him, have a pop at others who don't and, often, all on the same thread.

It's baffling, pal.

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That could be an interesting debate.

Doubt those running the show will have the brains or the imagination to come up with a suitable solution

Jambof3tornado
12 hours ago, luckydug said:

You sound angry😡 

I will buy mine but want budge and neilson gone.

Smoked-Glass
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you’re willing to sit next to someone that might have for two hours? A person shouting or having touched the entrance or the railings or your seat?

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/can-you-spread-covid-after-receiving-vaccine/2478894/

I'm saying I don't mind mixing again as before once im vaccinated.   No more homework required. 

This virus has been an abomination. 

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

When did AB say that about

testing ? 

Did she mean WE as in the club ? 

Or WE as in the supporters  attending ? 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good Post 👍

Only my opinion but I would hope that people will not be sold tickets for games unless they can show they have been vaccinated or have a good reason for not. 

Dont really want to derail the thread but it is relevant to my purchase of a ST.