Season tickets

Smoked-Glass

davemclaren
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That could be an interesting debate.

Doubt those running the show will have the brains or the imagination to come up with a suitable solution

It’s ultimately up to the TV rights owners and not the clubs. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

• GinRummy

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Good Post 👍

Only my opinion but I would hope that people will not be sold tickets for games unless they can show they have been vaccinated or have a good reason for not. 

Dont really want to derail the thread but it is relevant to my purchase of a ST. 

I can fully understand your position. As someone who has had there 1st jab (2nd jab around May/June) I feel a bit more confident about my own personal circumstances.
Would it put me off renewing my ST? Probably not.
However, on site testing and providing proof and a negative result is a very emotive subject. 

To stay on thread.....ST's are already an expensive commodity. Having to cough up (excuse pun!) additional COVID testing funds just to get into the ground is a step too far I'm afraid.
It will, if implemented force people away from attending home games

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I'm saying I don't mind mixing again as before once im vaccinated.   No more homework required. 

This virus has been an abomination. 

The virus is mutating and new strains   appearing all the time. Already speculation that the vaccinations won’t be effective against all the strains.  No guarantee that you won’t catch it once you’re vaccinated. Could be a long way off “normality”.

I will definetely be buying a season ticket but would like a statement from the club that no one will be admitted to Tynecastle unless they can prove they have had the vaccine or a negative Covid test recently. I'm not prepared to put my, or my family's lives at risk to watch a football match.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You probably won't be at any games if we are playing under a reduced capacity.

That’s the way most clubs will spin it.

Need to purchase a ST to be in with a chance of attending in the short term.

Can’t argue with the logic but means it will be a while before I’m back at the football.

11 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

I will definetely be buying a season ticket but would like a statement from the club that no one will be admitted to Tynecastle unless they can prove they have had the vaccine or a negative Covid test recently. I'm not prepared to put my, or my family's lives at risk to watch a football match.

:rofl: Most overdramatic post in the history of KB. If you believe attending a game is such a risk to life how do you go about your daily life.

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

:rofl: Most overdramatic post in the history of KB. If you believe attending a game is such a risk to life how do you go about your daily life.

It's been a long time since my daily life has meant sitting in a stadium along with 18,000 other people. Your reaction "most overdramatic post in the history of KB" is a bit OTT. You obviously haven't been on here long.

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Well the authorities clearly  believe there is a risk. 

There is still far to much we don't know about the effectiveness of the vaccine to be confident that its safe for capacity crowds. 

It's certainly not safe to let unvaccinated and untested people in to public events. 

I'm a pretty fit guy who has an underlying condition and had the first jab. I caught covid in January and it absolutely wiped the floor with me. 

I don't expect to be (personally) sitting in my seat any time soon. My choice obviously. 

McGlynn The Money
On 15/04/2021 at 17:57, rory78 said:

Edinburgh Fringe Festival has announced its going to be on be positive 

Although Janey Godley probably doing a show so it's not all good news.

2 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

Surely if you are worried about the risk then don’t go. 

Edited by Stone1992

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Thought we were boycotting til budge and neilsen away!!

Nah were now boycotting because some snowflakes will not get the Bill Gates vaccine.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you’re willing to sit next to someone that might have for two hours? A person shouting or having touched the entrance or the railings or your seat?
The vaccination doesn’t stop you catching it, just means you won’t die from it. 
The virus has killed all ages of people, healthy or with underlying conditions.

I think you would fit in well on the corona thread.  
I would go and do some homework if I were you. 
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/can-you-spread-covid-after-receiving-vaccine/2478894/

Yes is my unhesitating answer to your first question. I could catch the flu at a match and die. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes is my unhesitating answer to your first question. I could catch the flu at a match and die. 

Less likely. Never underestimate the severity of this pandemic. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

When did AB say that about

testing ? 

Did she mean WE as in the club ? 

Or WE as in the supporters  attending ? 

I tried to make it clear sorry she meant  us as supporters, the club can’t afford it. Around £15. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-reveals-when-she-believes-hearts-fans-will-be-back-inside-tynecastle-3153411

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you’re willing to sit next to someone that might have for two hours? A person shouting or having touched the entrance or the railings or your seat?
The vaccination doesn’t stop you catching it, just means you won’t die from it. 
The virus has killed all ages of people, healthy or with underlying conditions.

I think you would fit in well on the corona thread.  
I would go and do some homework if I were you. 
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/can-you-spread-covid-after-receiving-vaccine/2478894/

So proof you have had the vaccine will make no difference then.  You are actually, no safer, and it is the person without the vaccine who is more at risk (from symptoms, not catching it).  In fact, someone could get the vaccine, have proof of it, be allowed in,  but still have it. 

I have had my first one, will get the second, but don’t expect Hearts to ask for proof.  Ludicrous suggestion, and impossible to manage, unless you want even longer waiting times.  

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I'm saying I don't mind mixing again as before once im vaccinated.   No more homework required. 

This virus has been an abomination. 

Budge doesn’t think there will be full houses at all next season. 
£15 to pay for a test to get in. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-reveals-when-she-believes-hearts-fans-will-be-back-inside-tynecastle-3153411

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge doesn’t think there will be full houses at all next season. 
£15 to pay for a test to get in. 

On top of the ticket price.  I am not sure I can afford that.  And if the football continues to be murder, there is little incentive.  Only an emotional one. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

So proof you have had the vaccine will make no difference then.  You are actually, no safer, and it is the person without the vaccine who is more at risk (from symptoms, not catching it).  In fact, someone could get the vaccine, have proof of it, be allowed in,  but still have it. 

I have had my first one, will get the second, but don’t expect Hearts to ask for proof.  Ludicrous suggestion, and impossible to manage, unless you want even longer waiting times.  

Hearts will ask you to pay £15 for a test no matter what. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Paolo said:

On top of the ticket price.  I am not sure I can afford that.  And if the football continues to be murder, there is little incentive.  Only an emotional one. 

Yeah definitely, imagine someone with kids. Out of touch much Ann?

I’m sure the real fans will be able to afford, go along and happily clap. 

2 hours ago, Stone1992 said:

I wouldn't have thought it's as easy as that - the club surely has a duty of care in law for the safety of each and every person inside the stadium. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You won’t catch Covid because they’re going to ask you pay £15 for a test, you might catch the flu though. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Very much so.  She does not live in the real world.   She is not alone, though.  The politicians from the Westminster Government, and all the devolved Governments don’t either.    Almost all of them, from all parties, are clueless and/or, deluded idiots. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Good Post 👍

Only my opinion but I would hope that people will not be sold tickets for games unless they can show they have been vaccinated or have a good reason for not. 

Dont really want to derail the thread but it is relevant to my purchase of a ST. 

I was thinking about it but the extra cost for a test on top of the ST might put folk off. Another £300. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

Does this cover it? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Very much so.  She does not live in the real world.   She is not alone, though.  The politicians from the Westminster Government, and all the devolved Governments don’t either.    Almost all of them, from all parties, are clueless and/or, deluded idiots. 

The majority of them unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Stone1992 said:

If I have to sit beside nutters who refuse the vaccination I won't go, that is my point.

36 minutes ago, JohnB said:I wouldn't have thought it's as easy as that - the club surely has a duty of care in law for the safety of each and every person inside the stadium. 

Before this though you could have went and caught the flu etc from anyone in the stadium or on your way to the game and nothing was in place to only admit people who had been vaccinated or had a clean bill of health. 

Has to come a point where individuals have to weigh up the risks of individual events, sole responsibility can’t all be put on organisers

16 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

If I have to sit beside nutters who refuse the vaccination I won't go, that is my point.

See above. Before you could catch anything and was no need to prove you had been vaccinated etc. 

Francis Albert
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You won’t catch Covid because they’re going to ask you pay £15 for a test, you might catch the flu though. 

More people are now dying from (or with) flu than from (or with) Covid. So will you be concerned about someone at a match coughing next to you or shouting or touching your seat with the risk of infecting you with flu?

King Of The Cat Cafe
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I may be wrong, but I read it that AB was being pessimistic (realistic?) about the situation she saw at that time.  

Francis Albert
59 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Less likely. Never underestimate the severity of this pandemic. 

More people currently dying of or with flu. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

More people are now dying from (or with) flu than from (or with) Covid. So will you be concerned about someone at a match coughing next to you or shouting or touching your seat with the risk of infecting you with flu?

Not sure that is actually true at the moment as flu has been well suppressed by the lockdown restrictions and ‘normal’ flu vaccination this winter past. More folk are certainly dying of other normal stuff like heart disease etc..

It will be a political and commercial decision re vaccine passports/tests etc.  Politicians and businesses are both currently waiting to see the lie of the land first, which is why no-one know how it will go. 

I didn’t renew last season for one reason (no hope of seeing any games) I’ll not be renewing this season  for more than one reason. The main ones being Neilson and work commitments. I could potentially get round the work commitments but I refuse to get around the Neilson factor.

Ive been vaccinated twice and I’m not terribly concerned about mixing with those who have declined. They are in 100 times more danger of catching it than I am.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Nah were now boycotting because some snowflakes will not get the Bill Gates vaccine.

Even if I didn't go because of the risks of Covid, I'd still renew my ST. 👍

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I may be wrong, but I read it that AB was being pessimistic (realistic?) about the situation she saw at that time.  

No doubt about that, thinking that folk will just forego a couple of pints to pitch up an hour early to pay to get tested is certainly pessimistic, not sure if it’s realistic?

davemclaren
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

No doubt about that, thinking that folk will just forego a couple of pints to pitch up an hour early to pay to get tested is certainly pessimistic, not sure if it’s realistic?

I agree, most won’t pay an extra £15 on top of their ticket to watch a match. Can’t see that being a realistic model for opening stadiums. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

I agree, most won’t pay an extra £15 on top of their ticket to watch a match. Can’t see that being a realistic model for opening stadiums. 

It’s the cost of another ST over the season, obviously we will need to wait and see what happens but it seems it would be unpopular/prohibitive or both. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I’ve had my flu jab so no. Did I say I was worried, I will have had both Jags by the euros. Never really liked folk not covering up when coughing, but as I’ve screamed myself hoarse at most games it would be hypocritical of me to moan about that. I would struggle not to shout myself. 
Could you show us the figures for flu as it was practically wiped out. 

kingantti1874

Another utterly MORONIC post about flu. And I mean utterly ****ing MORONIC. Window licking stuff. 

In the week we passed 3 million dead! Flu is more dangerous. 😂 clowns

if covid has proven one thing it’s that the number of brain dead morons in the world is higher than feared 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Ironically if Neilson is still around and we are still shite the best way to get of Robbie would be to have a packed Tynecastle hounding him and the board every home game for 90 mins.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ironically if Neilson is still around and we are still shite the best way to get of Robbie would be to have a packed Tynecastle hounding him and the board every home game for 90 mins.

They could turn their vaccine certificates into paper aeroplanes and fire them on to the pitch. A bit like the SoH demo days. 😏

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree but a few loudmouths (social media and in real life) like myself can be heard more clearly in a quarter empty stadium 😜

Francis Albert
40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure that is actually true at the moment as flu has been well suppressed by the lockdown restrictions and ‘normal’ flu vaccination this winter past. More folk are certainly dying of other normal stuff like heart disease etc..

It will be a political and commercial decision re vaccine passports/tests etc.  Politicians and businesses are both currently waiting to see the lie of the land first, which is why no-one know how it will go. 

Football First posted on 14th February NRS stats showing weekly deaths from Influenza and pneumonia of 1121 on the "mentioned on the death certificate" definition and 237 as due to underlying conditions. The equivalent numbers for Covid were 400 and 308. 

The method of transmission is similar for both classes of disease.

So i conclude that my chances of dying by catching Covid at a football match are less than or at any rate not hugely different from my chances of dying from flu and pneumonia at a football match, especially given that I have been vaccinated for Covid not flu.

Of course that may change but at present there seems no good rationale for Covid vaccination ceritificates or testing requirements specifically.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Another utterly MORONIC post about flu. And I mean utterly ****ing MORONIC. Window licking stuff. 

if covid has proven one thing it’s that the number of brain dead morons in the world is higher than feared 

By the tone of his post (FA) he seems to be of the opinion that the Pandemic is over. 

A dangerous and wrong assumption imo. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Football First posted on 14th February NRS stats showing weekly deaths from Influenza and pneumonia of 1121 on the "mentioned on the death certificate" definition and 237 as due to underlying conditions. The equivalent numbers for Covid were 400 and 308. 

The method of transmission is similar for both classes of disease.

So i conclude that my chances of dying by catching Covid at a football match are less than or at any rate not hugely different from my chances of dying from flu and pneumonia at a football match, especially given that I have been vaccinated for Covid not flu.

Of course that may change but at present there seems no good rationale for Covid vaccination ceritificates or testing requirements specifically.

You will be entitled to a flu jab surely. 

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And apparently there is also a pandemic of illiteracy. Who said flu is more dangerous? But if it kills you it has the same effect.

Edited by Francis Albert