Season tickets

Smoked-Glass

Italian Lambretta
26 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Even with Snoreson in charge I'd expect sales to be decent, purely for the fact everyone is bored shitless in the house. 

At least when the boredom sets in at Tynecastle you can escape to the pub. 

Over the last 3 years you could count on one hand the amount of games at Tynie you were happy to stay for the full 90 minutes and really enjoyed what you where watching on the pitch.

Sadly, Budge makes it all too easy for fans to say "**** this shite am away to the pub at half time".

Edited by Italian Lambretta
txt

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

• GinRummy

I said to my son that I was considering not buying a season ticket and he replied Yes you will and I realised that I wasn't fooling anyone. 58 years since my first game at Tynecastle so seen good times and bad but always better than going shopping or watching the results coming in. To quote Dave Mackay Always Hearts 👍

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

I said to my son that I was considering not buying a season ticket and he replied Yes you will and I realised that I wasn't fooling anyone. 58 years since my first game at Tynecastle so seen good times and bad but always better than going shopping or watching the results coming in. To quote Dave Mackay Always Hearts 👍

Yes, I think I'm on the same page as you!  Not happy with performances and results, but, at the end of the day it's getting to the match, with other supporters, seeing the actual live action (no matter how frustrating it is).  It's the whole match day experience which beats other Saturday potential pursuits!!

5 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Same feeling here. Will be getting one when released.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Even with Snoreson in charge I'd expect sales to be decent, purely for the fact everyone is bored shitless in the house. 

At least when the boredom sets in at Tynecastle you can escape to the pub. 

Also fans can wave to Neilson.

2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

And me.  You support your club thorough the good and the bad times as I've done for 60 years.

12 hours ago, beerbandit said:

To those of us who used our season ticket to watch our home games do we get a four game discount for next season? We were told that we be would guaranteed

18 games but there are only 14 games this season.

From last month...

She reiterated her commitment that Hearts’ 11,000-plus season-ticket holders will get 18 home games for the purchase they made last summer. The club will finish the campaign with 14 fixtures at Tynecastle, meaning a carry-over into next term.

Budge said she is determined to repay fans restricted to home viewing with matches currently behind closed doors. As such, season ticket sales for 2021/21 will be put off.

“I've said, ‘don't even think about putting season tickets on sale until we absolutely have to’,” explained Budge. “It certainly won't be any time soon.

“Let's look at how we can not only help the club but help supporters. We have to give something back to them over the next couple of seasons.

“It's not about maximising income. That seems weird when we're desperate for income, but if we go about this the wrong way it will be a disaster. For the next couple of seasons it's going to be essential spend, minimising loss and just surviving.

"When we do put season tickets on sale, I've made commitments to supporters already: No supporter will lose out if we don't play all the games. We already have a carry-over for next season and I'll carry on with that. Any commitment we've already made will be honoured.

That's why I'm saying it's going to be two or three seasons before we can begin to think the way we did before. It can't be: 'Supporters are desperate to come back, let's get season tickets out there.' That's not the right way of doing it.”

I reckon it will be a reduced capacity until the end of the year. 

I’m thinking of just sitting next year out. I’m due the extra four games but even still the amount of money and the stubbornness to stick with Neilson I just don’t think I can legislate for it.

12 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If it looks like full capacities will be allowed in the ground then I expect season ticket sales across all football clubs including Hearts to be really healthy. There is both a desire to go out and see live entertainment and people with disposable income from a year of having few spending options (I get that there are also many people in financial hardship as a result of the pandemic including some who would have been season ticket holders pre pandemic but the reality is an unequal society where many people have had a financially 'good' pandemic). Throw in that season tickets will be on sale at a time when people won't be spending money that they normally would spend on a foreign holiday and I think a lot of people will justify the cost of a season ticket to themseleves. I think the number of non-season ticket holders who buy a new season ticket for Tynecastle will outweight the number of boycotters.

The talk from Government of going beyond level 0 in late summer is encouraging. Hopefully that means that we will be able to return to full crowds in August. It might be worth the league considering scrapping the winter break (if that is planned) to push the season back as far into August as possible. It might be the league cup group stage that has to be played to reduced capacity crowds, but that probably wouldn't have a significant impact. In theory all adults will have been offered a first dose of the vaccine by the end of July and a second dose by the end of October.

That conveniently ignores the elephant in the room - Robbie Neilson

What makes you think that people will want to spend decent money to go and watch his brand of anti football? 

What have they seen this past year that will have the doors falling off the hinges due to the rush at the ticket office?

Neilson Out

Edited by Hashimoto

It is a con.  You pay for x amount of games but continually due to a poor season there will be less cat A games as one would expect for the money - possibly even 1 less home game also. Abject failure year in year out under Budge.

OmiyaHearts

Match day tickets for me this season, get them no bother, so no point in a ST.

Not a chance I'm handing over a big wad of cash to watch a Neilson team.

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Club are doing something quite innovative regarding STs I hear 

Not that I will participate thank you Robbie 🙁

Dynamic pricing? 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

From last month...

She reiterated her commitment that Hearts’ 11,000-plus season-ticket holders will get 18 home games for the purchase they made last summer. The club will finish the campaign with 14 fixtures at Tynecastle, meaning a carry-over into next term.

Budge said she is determined to repay fans restricted to home viewing with matches currently behind closed doors. As such, season ticket sales for 2021/21 will be put off.

“I've said, ‘don't even think about putting season tickets on sale until we absolutely have to’,” explained Budge. “It certainly won't be any time soon.

“Let's look at how we can not only help the club but help supporters. We have to give something back to them over the next couple of seasons.

“It's not about maximising income. That seems weird when we're desperate for income, but if we go about this the wrong way it will be a disaster. For the next couple of seasons it's going to be essential spend, minimising loss and just surviving.

"When we do put season tickets on sale, I've made commitments to supporters already: No supporter will lose out if we don't play all the games. We already have a carry-over for next season and I'll carry on with that. Any commitment we've already made will be honoured.

That's why I'm saying it's going to be two or three seasons before we can begin to think the way we did before. It can't be: 'Supporters are desperate to come back, let's get season tickets out there.' That's not the right way of doing it.”

Thanks

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That’ll depend on the number of season tickets sold versus the numbers allowed in the stadium. 

jambo-in-furness

Being a fan who has to travel a fair distance to watch home games, never mind away, this last season has been not so bad,  all home games streamed,  nearly all away games on BBC Scotland,  compared with “normal” times I would not have made midweek or evening games, the televised games have been a godsend,  I’m getting on in years so all day travel excursions takes its toll on my health, especially if I’ve had a few! 

So, I buy a season ticket because although I can’t make all the games, I like the area I have my ST, I’m beside family who are still local,  and I support Heart of Midlothian fc,  not Ann Budge, not Robbie Neilson or whoever else is temporary, and if my seat is empty because I can’t make it, I still take satisfaction that I’ve paid for my seat.

I’ve said it before, so I repeat,  to some on here who say they are cancelling FOH or not renewing their ST,  I doubt that they hold a ST or contribute to the foundation.  Those who for other reasons, quietly reduce their financial support to the club have nothing but my respect, luckily I can carry on supporting,  those who are sabre rattling in an attempt to make things happen quicker,  they have been around for ever,  I remember loads on here saying they won’t be back until Vlad goes,  (ha ha season ticket sales were never higher) moaners are gonna moan, it’s what they do.  

Nobody yet knows when full capacity will be on the table,  my season ticket will be purchased as soon as it becomes available and it will as long as I’m able to get trek up the road, my pledge is for life,  there are many like me.

Its good to be “the one true constant”

46 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

That conveniently ignores the elephant in the room - Robbie Neilson

What makes you think that people will want to spend decent money to go and watch his brand of anti football? 

What have they seen this past year that will have the doors falling off the hinges due to the rush at the ticket office?

Neilson Out

People will buy because they love the club. 

The manager, players, coaching staff and the board are all temporary and will move on. 

The one constant is the institution of Heart of Midlothian FC and its supporters. 

We almost lost our club once and shouldn't risk losing the club at a time when fans need to rally round because of the financial damage of the pandemic imo. 

portobellojambo1
17 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Once Neilson is gone it wil be a season ticket frenzy

I think things will become clearer once ST sales are announced, and people have a better  idea of how many games their ST will get them entry to. It could well be the case, depending on the numbers sold, that entry will be restricted to every 2nd game, for example, depending on the %age of capacity allowed into every game (additional problems possibly in cases where there are parents and kids involved, to make sure the whole family get to the same games, and there will be no walk up tickets sold if the %ge is say 25% of the ground capacity).

There have been a lot of things posted on places like JKB and Facebook but in many instances there are unhappy people who don't use social media. I think thr true extent of the number of upset fans will only become apparent once ST do go on sale, and considering staff changes after the event may be too late. I still have a feeling that the announcement of ST sales may coincide with an announcement of changes in management personnel.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It is a con.  You pay for x amount of games but continually due to a poor season there will be less cat A games as one would expect for the money - possibly even 1 less home game also. Abject failure year in year out under Budge.

That's not a con. 

Surely folk that follow Hearts understand the split, the league system and how that would work for the season ticket.

If folk feel conned, it's because the person is as thick as pig shit. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not a con. 

Surely folk that follow Hearts understand the split, the league system and how that would work for the season ticket.

If folk feel conned, it's because the person is as thick as pig shit. 

Prices are not going down, they are going up in the knowledge that we will accept the mediocricy that will inevitably be thrown at us.  With each year season ticket holders get less and less for their money.  That is why sir, it is a con.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

So rather than handing over a big was of cash you'll handover even more but just in installments. 

That will show them. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Prices are not going down, they are going up in the knowledge that we will accept the mediocricy that will inevitably be thrown at us.  With each year season ticket holders get less and less for their money.  That is why sir, it is a con.

It's still not a con. 

You know exactly what you're paying for. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's still not a con. 

He’s forgotten as it’s so long since he had one. 😄

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's still not a con. 

But you don't.  No one knows how many cat A games etc - it can't be promised and let us be frank - it aint likely we will get the max.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s forgotten as it’s so long since he had one. 😄

I have no comeback to that Mr Mclaren.  You got me.

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

But you don't.  No one knows how many cat A games etc - it can't be promised and let us be frank - it aint likely we will get the max.

That's why they don't promise us a number of Cat A games.

You know what you're buying when you buy a lottery ticket - a chance.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You know the options/ possibilities and how the league split system works. 

It's not 1987.

There are no surprises. 

There are no cons. 

There just isn't, unless you know nothing about the league and expected a run of playing  each team 4 times and if you expect that, then quite frankly that's on you. 

A con. 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm going to happy clap all the way to my one :)

In truth, probably not buying one this year, but will do my bit, games I attend will probably buy a Premium ticket, my beef is less with Hearts (its Heart FFS - 40 years on I know the score) but feeling held hostage to 250 mile round trips from December to February for midweek matches, several last season

Ainsley Harriott

After 22 consecutive seasons I wont be renewing until Ann and Robbie are gone. It's no longer a proud footballing club but a vanity project for her.

6 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yes, I think I'm on the same page as you!  Not happy with performances and results, but, at the end of the day it's getting to the match, with other supporters, seeing the actual live action (no matter how frustrating it is).  It's the whole match day experience which beats other Saturday potential pursuits!!

Strangely enough Horatio when I am on my second pint up the Merchiston Hearts the result becomes less important by the second 👍

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

People will buy because they love the club. 

The manager, players, coaching staff and the board are all temporary and will move on. 

The one constant is the institution of Heart of Midlothian FC and its supporters. 

We almost lost our club once and shouldn't risk losing the club at a time when fans need to rally round because of the financial damage of the pandemic imo. 

Yes, agreed. I love the club as much as the next man.
Even when I lived abroad for a short period Hearts, especially on Saturday's was always a must...and it was a panic to get an update on the score and result!
But I'm not sure everyone shares our sentiment! I can remember good Hearts fans talking about never going back to Tynecastle after the deplorable way in which the board at that time treated King Willie Bauld!....Even the great man himself refused to go over the door for many years, and it wasn't until near the end that he returned.
People stopped going to games after the way that Tommy Walker was treated. I appreciate that it was decades ago.  But the sentiment and risks are the same!

Ann Budge is playing a dangerous game if she is using our emotional attachment to the club as a stick for her to continue her mismanagement.
Every supporter has a breaking point, bearing in mind that football is not a cheap form of entertainment anymore.

I've pointed out before that I would be one of the first at the front of the queue to renew my ST...But I honestly can't find the enthusiasm for it just now....And I've never said that before.
No one, especially me is holding a gun at Ann Budge's head! but she needs to see the collateral damage she is causing by keeping a divisive character at the club.
The solution to all this is firmly in Ann Budge's hands!

Neilson Out  

22 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Heard that to its a half a game season ticket.

Watch the utter dross in the first half then leave to go to the Tynie arms

🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Dazo said:

😂😂😂😂

With all you fannys boycotting it looks like the loyal supporters will be watching live football at tynecastle. 👍

And yet I'd imagine the fans you've mentioned would want Hearts , Budge or the Board, to show their loyalty to their wishes. Neilson would of been responsible for driving loyal fans away from Tynie if fans would of been allowed in the ground. Loyalty works both ways and this season the hurt and depression Neilson's management has caused should never be allowed to happen again.

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

Will always get a s/t but will hold off until last second if Neilson still hanging around.

Me to because Budge needs pressure put on her to sack Neilson or pressure on FOH to end this uncertainty and make the takeover official and demand the Board sack Neilson. 

7 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Hearts are the fans. The fans are always right and will back an owner or manager that listens to fans when it is obvious the team is going in the wrong direction. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm going to happy clap all the way to my one :)

In truth, probably not buying one this year, but will do my bit, games I attend will probably buy a Premium ticket, my beef is less with Hearts (its Heart FFS - 40 years on I know the score) but feeling held hostage to 250 mile round trips from December to February for midweek matches, several last season

Next season will be my fourth without a ST after many years with one, partly due to what you’ve mentioned. Between International breaks and TV switches, it was becoming a pain in the arse.

Just can’t justify it, missing games because of daft kick off times.

They’ll get walk up money when it suits. Simple.

28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And yet I'd imagine the fans you've mentioned would want Hearts , Budge or the Board, to show their loyalty to their wishes. Neilson would of been responsible for driving loyal fans away from Tynie if fans would of been allowed in the ground. Loyalty works both ways and this season the hurt and depression Neilson's management has caused should never be allowed to happen again.

I support hearts buddy not neilson, budge or anyone else you want to blame for not buying a season ticket. Ffs at least Gambo doesn’t hide the fact he hates neilson but supports hearts. 

Edited by Dazo

been here before
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You choose not to go. You could go but you're in the huff.

Your opinion is worth jack shit.

GorgieRules22
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

After 22 consecutive seasons I wont be renewing until Ann and Robbie are gone. It's no longer a proud footballing club but a vanity project for her.

And more afternoons in the house for you.

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

And more afternoons in the house for you.

**** it will just go fishing. It's probably faster paced that Robbies free flowing football.

Smoked-Glass

Why not put £20 on a medium to large coupon every 2nd Saturday and watch Jeff Stelling.   Exciting and can't possibly lose them all. 

41 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I support hearts buddy not neilson, budge or anyone else you want to blame for not buying a season ticket. Ffs at least Gambo doesn’t hide the fact he hates neilson but supports hearts. 

I can understand why especially at this time fans would not be able to by ST's never mind not want to. I will always keep my seat in the Wheatfield as it took years to get the perfect seat in the whole stadium. I don't blame anyone for buying or not buying a ST it's entirely up to the individual and just because someone buys a ST does not make them more loyal that anyone else. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from buddy. 

Edited by mitch41

6 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

You'll struggle to see any games if its reduced capacity as expected. Probably be season tickets only for most of the season 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Boab said:

Next season will be my fourth without a ST after many years with one, partly due to what you’ve mentioned. Between International breaks and TV switches, it was becoming a pain in the arse.

Just can’t justify it, missing games because of daft kick off times.

They’ll get walk up money when it suits. Simple.

Same thing really, yeah. I would write it off previously but this break has forced me to reevaluate. 

I'm not going to throw the toys become of a sorry spell, cutting my nose off to spite my face is a shit place to be 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You'll struggle to see any games if its reduced capacity as expected. Probably be season tickets only for most of the season 

Struggle to make that one stick. Code 0 by June she announced the other day. It will be a choice by July, to take the chance or not to, she can't restrain trade any longer 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Hearts are the fans. The fans are always right and will back an owner or manager that listens to fans when it is obvious the team is going in the wrong direction. 

Fans in general across all clubs are idiots. 

Emotional slavering mess's with no clue on the dynamics of running a professional football club. 

No board should listen to the fans and base decisions,on what they are saying or want. 

We are also not heading in the wrong direction, promotion is 100% the right direction. So that is not obvious either, in fact it's just wrong. 

2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Strangely enough Horatio when I am on my second pint up the Merchiston Hearts the result becomes less important by the second 👍

😂

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fans in general across all clubs are idiots. 

Emotional slavering mess's with no clue on the dynamics of running a professional football club. 

No board should listen to the fans and base decisions,on what they are saying or want. 

We are also not heading in the wrong direction, promotion is 100% the right direction. So that is not obvious either, in fact it's just wrong. 

How to win friends and make enemies in one post  🙀

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

How to win friends and make enemies in one post  🙀

Fans are tho, we are all complete eejits. 

Cheering on grown men getting paid thousands and shouting them on while they kick a ball about a park. 

Booing others like a ****ing pantomime. 

Arguing about who's better, even fighting about it. Some even align it to politics and relegion. 

We're all absolute weapons if you really  think about it. 

I'm going to be a weapon who renews tho.