Season tickets

Smoked-Glass

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

By the tone of his post (FA) he seems to be of the opinion that the Pandemic is over. 

A dangerous and wrong assumption imo. 

Not killing many people at present. "Of course that may change" to quote me.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Football First posted on 14th February NRS stats showing weekly deaths from Influenza and pneumonia of 1121 on the "mentioned on the death certificate" definition and 237 as due to underlying conditions. The equivalent numbers for Covid were 400 and 308. 

The method of transmission is similar for both classes of disease.

So i conclude that my chances of dying by catching Covid at a football match are less than or at any rate not hugely different from my chances of dying from flu and pneumonia at a football match, especially given that I have been vaccinated for Covid not flu.

Of course that may change but at present there seems no good rationale for Covid vaccination ceritificates or testing requirements specifically.

The U.K. average 30k deaths of Flu a year, less the last year compared to

150k Covid deaths. 
https://www.ons.gov.uk/releases/deathsduetocovid19comparedwithdeathsfrominfluenzaandpneumonia

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The U.K. average 30k deaths of Flu a year, less the last year compared to

150k Covid deaths. 
https://www.ons.gov.uk/releases/deathsduetocovid19comparedwithdeathsfrominfluenzaandpneumonia

Deaths with covid. 25% of the numbers have not been due to Covid. Doesn’t undermine the virus though which is worse than the flu..

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Deaths with covid. 25% of the numbers have not been due to Covid. Doesn’t undermine the virus though which is worse than the flu..

I don’t think we will ever know the true number. It will affect uptake of STs on a few levels though. 

The experts on here, in the main, know bugger all about football and then express their views on a pandemic! Only a moron would talk down the deaths reported which will be better explained in the fullness of time once properly collated and researched, not scribbled down on the back of a fag packet!

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Another utterly MORONIC post about flu. And I mean utterly ****ing MORONIC. Window licking stuff. 

In the week we passed 3 million dead! Flu is more dangerous. 😂 clowns

if covid has proven one thing it’s that the number of brain dead morons in the world is higher than feared 

Couldn't agree more.  They are only doing this to keep us under control.  It's fecking obvious...  

The flu comparisons have been pathetic from.the start.  

Not the clubs fault but this extra 15 quid will have a sizable impact.  

10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You probably won't be at any games if we are playing under a reduced capacity.

Well that could be a bonus if Robbie's in charge.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, jager man said:

Well that could be a bonus if Robbie's in charge.

Just another excuse for him to add to his lengthy list. 

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

More people currently dying of or with flu. 

Neice caught It, survived it. Sister in law., nurse , scared of bringing it home. Aunt given vaccine, two weeks later contracted It, five days later, died of it. People getting too comfortable with the thought it's all over. It's not!

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Neice caught It, survived it. Sister in law., nurse , scared of bringing it home. Aunt given vaccine, two weeks later contracted It, five days later, died of it. People getting too comfortable with the thought it's all over. It's not!

It certainly isn't over, not by a long way.

In 1968 a flu epidemic killed 86,000 people in the  UK. Given population growth and different ways of counting probably comparable with deaths to date from Covid. There was no lockdown, no closures of anything or restriction on gatherings, no masks. It barely registered in the public consciousness. 

Covid gas a long way to go to match cumulative deaths from flu.

Of course it needs to be controlled and if current rates of infection, hospitalisation and deaths increase then plans for relaxation of rules to will change. 

Edited by Francis Albert

Smoked-Glass
On 17/04/2021 at 00:27, Pasquale for King said:

So you’re willing to sit next to someone that might have for two hours? A person shouting or having touched the entrance or the railings or your seat?
The vaccination doesn’t stop you catching it, just means you won’t die from it. 
The virus has killed all ages of people, healthy or with underlying conditions.

I think you would fit in well on the corona thread.  
I would go and do some homework if I were you. 
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/can-you-spread-covid-after-receiving-vaccine/2478894/

The whole point of a vaccine is that you could French kiss the person next to you and wouldn't catch it.  

Once almost everyone has had the 2nd dose this thing can fk off to the history books.   It will still be here but a low level and I expect to receive boosters throughout the 20s.  

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The whole point of a vaccine is that you could French kiss the person next to you and wouldn't catch it.  

Once almost everyone has had the 2nd dose this thing can fk off to the history books.   It will still be here but a low level and I expect to receive boosters throughout the 20s.  

You just don’t get it do you, people with the vaccine can still catch it, it’s that simple. 

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It certainly isn't over, not by a long way.

In 1968 a flu epidemic killed 86,000 people in the  UK. Given population growth and different ways of counting probably comparable with deaths to date from Covid. There was no lockdown, no closures of anything or restriction on gatherings, no masks. It barely registered in the public consciousness. 

Covid gas a long way to go to match cumulative deaths from flu.

Of course it needs to be controlled and if current rates of infection, hospitalisation and deaths increase then plans for relaxation of rules to will change. 

I think you are just 🎣

Smoked-Glass
33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You just don’t get it do you, people with the vaccine can still catch it, it’s that simple. 

I do get that but the chance is reduced and the virus will fall to acceptable levels or heard immunity. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I do get that but the chance is reduced and the virus will fall to acceptable levels or heard immunity. 

We won’t ever return to life the way it was before this, it’s just not going to happen. Whether folk will buy STs at this time for various reasons, concerns about Covid being one, and not having full crowds is the point I was making. 

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. 

Smoked-Glass
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We won’t ever return to life the way it was before this, it’s just not going to happen. Whether folk will buy STs at this time for various reasons, concerns about Covid being one, and not having full crowds is the point I was making. 

I think we ll go back to normal in a year or two. 

58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So this proof of vaccine is a waste of time then.  As it does nothing to protect, or reduce the risk to fans. 

if the vaccine works, and protects you.  then vaccinated people have little to fear from non vaccinated people. If it does not protect you from getting it, or transmitting it, then we are all at risk, whether we have been vaccinated or not.  

Either way, I see little benefit of a passport, or proof of vaccination.   

For something like 99.5% of people, it is extremely low risk, and at some point, we will have to accept that risk, or society will never fully open up. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Paolo said:

So this proof of vaccine is a waste of time then.  As it does nothing to protect, or reduce the risk to fans. 

if the vaccine works, and protects you.  then vaccinated people have little to fear from non vaccinated people. If it does not protect you from getting it, or transmitting it, then we are all at risk, whether we have been vaccinated or not.  

For something like 99.5% of people, it is extremely low risk, and at some point, we will have to accept that risk, or society will never fully open up. 

You still do everything you can to stop it, the UK government hasn’t, it’s why we will need to be tested before going to games. 

Smoked-Glass
19 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Yes.  The time has come to be vaccinated and live with the reduced risk. 

Of course still be careful when you can and wash surfaces etc.  But open everything up especially outside or open air thngs.

People can still choose to isolated at anytime if they wish,and probably should if they have symptoms. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Another utterly MORONIC post about flu. And I mean utterly ****ing MORONIC. Window licking stuff. 

In the week we passed 3 million dead! Flu is more dangerous. 😂 clowns

if covid has proven one thing it’s that the number of brain dead morons in the world is higher than feared 

What a strange post. Historically there has been 1 flu pandemic that killed around 1million world wide. Two that killed up to 4 million (both in my lifetime) and one that killed up to 100 million. 

Fort Vallance
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What a strange post. Historically there has been 1 flu pandemic that killed around 1million world wide. Two that killed up to 4 million (both in my lifetime) and one that killed up to 100 million. 

Not being flippant at all. But is it likely that a significant number of the people who have died after a positive covid test  may have died of flu during the same period if covid hadn't been around ?

Anyway I'll be going back at the first opportunity. When you're young a couple of years out of your life isn't such a big deal. When you're counting down the years it's a lot more significant when you're missing out on stuff.

The majority of these latest posts belong to the pages of The Lancet.

Interesting someone pointed out earlier that those who bought or renewed their ST's for the 20/21 season will have access to a limited number of games at the start of the new Premiership season.
Now that scenario clearly limits what the club can put on sale until that commitment from Budge has been honoured. 
It therefore looks like September / October before a number of ST's can go up for sale.
For example.....I have my ST for 20/21...I took up the offer to watch the home games on Hearts TV. However, I remain in credit.
As such, I don't expect Ann Budge, or who ever is in charge to come knocking at my door for more ST money until that credit has run out!

However, if a new manager was to be in-situ before the credit ran out I would be more than happy to forego those credits and reinvest in a new ST for the 21/22 season.

Neilson Out

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You still do everything you can to stop it, the UK government hasn’t, it’s why we will need to be tested before going to games. 

If (and I accept it is an if) rates of death or serious illness continue at around current levels then the risks of Covid  will be about the same or lower than an average winter's seasonal flu risks. Why has proof of vaccination or tests for flu never been even thought of for football grounds. Not even when people crammed into grounds at several multiples of today's densities.

On 17/04/2021 at 10:03, Hashimoto said:

I can fully understand your position. As someone who has had there 1st jab (2nd jab around May/June) I feel a bit more confident about my own personal circumstances.
Would it put me off renewing my ST? Probably not.
However, on site testing and providing proof and a negative result is a very emotive subject. 

To stay on thread.....ST's are already an expensive commodity. Having to cough up (excuse pun!) additional COVID testing funds just to get into the ground is a step too far I'm afraid.
It will, if implemented force people away from attending home games

I with this. 

Had my vaccination; accept that I may catch it but chances are greatly reduced, as is the likelihood of me and most importantly anyone catching it from me who has been vaccinated, ending up in hospital. By the season start all adults will have been offered the vaccinated. 

If full crowds are permitted would I go? Subject to the price of ST renewal, most probably.

Would I support admission being restricted to those adults with proof of vaccination? Yes. 

Would I renew my season ticket, or come to it attend any matches at all, if I had to get and pay for a covid test before each game? Not a cats chance in hell. 

Smoked-Glass

No chance I'm getting a test every game. Happy to prove I've been vaccinate at the start of the season, but only the once. 

3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Interesting someone pointed out earlier that those who bought or renewed their ST's for the 20/21 season will have access to a limited number of games at the start of the new Premiership season.
Now that scenario clearly limits what the club can put on sale until that commitment from Budge has been honoured. 
It therefore looks like September / October before a number of ST's can go up for sale.
For example.....I have my ST for 20/21...I took up the offer to watch the home games on Hearts TV. However, I remain in credit.
As such, I don't expect Ann Budge, or who ever is in charge to come knocking at my door for more ST money until that credit has run out!

However, if a new manager was to be in-situ before the credit ran out I would be more than happy to forego those credits and reinvest in a new ST for the 21/22 season.

Neilson Out

Here's an extract from the club statement dated 15th May. The way I read this is that the value of the remainder of home games will be credited by way of a discount on the season ticket price for season 2021/2022 with those opting not to renew being given tickets (subject to availability, hence potentially an issue for certain matches e.g. Hibs, Celtic, Rangers). I think it is 4 games that'll be carried over from the so-called '18 home game guarantee'. So, methinks we will indeed be approached to buy 21/22 season tickets but at a 4 game 'discount' rather than everyone using up their 'credits' prior to STs being made available.

It's going to be a bit of a difficult sell regardless given the number of folks who paid for multiple season tickets this year and got the same streaming offer as did I. Not to mention the discrepancy between Premium ST price and e.g. Bronze ST price for the very same 'product'. For sure, that was one heck of an expensive stream this season! I suspect I'm not alone in thinking that the stream was a pretty poor return for the cost of a premium season ticket (or a bronze one for that matter).

"If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability."

Smoked-Glass
20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Here's an extract from the club statement dated 15th May. The way I read this is that the value of the remainder of home games will be credited by way of a discount on the season ticket price for season 2021/2022 with those opting not to renew being given tickets (subject to availability, hence potentially an issue for certain matches e.g. Hibs, Celtic, Rangers). I think it is 4 games that'll be carried over from the so-called '18 home game guarantee'. So, methinks we will indeed be approached to buy 21/22 season tickets but at a 4 game 'discount' rather than everyone using up their 'credits' prior to STs being made available.

It's going to be a bit of a difficult sell regardless given the number of folks who paid for multiple season tickets this year and got the same streaming offer as did I. Not to mention the discrepancy between Premium ST price and e.g. Bronze ST price for the very same 'product'. For sure, that was one heck of an expensive stream this season! I suspect I'm not alone in thinking that the stream was a pretty poor return for the cost of a premium season ticket (or a bronze one for that matter).

"If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability."

These four games are from 2019/20?   

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Outwrite to tell the club then there 

I suspect I am not the only one who will waive any credit due from this year's ST and be happy to forego the carried over games and renew for the whole season (or however many games I can attend). If people in this position tell the club this (or the club gives ST holders the option to opt out of the carry over), then STs can go on sale as soon as the club chooses., except for those sold this season where the holders have not waived their carry over right.

Edited by Francis Albert

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

No chance I'm getting a test every game. Happy to prove I've been vaccinate at the start of the season, but only the once. 

Can you imagine the logistics of trying to get 57,000-odd people (some of them very odd) to agree to a test before an Old Firm game?

Can see some fans in allowed next season. But cannot see there being a full Tynecastle next season, so probably not worth it. 

Even if picked to go a game wouldn’t be much fun sitting in a stadium separate from everyone else and having to wear a mask. 

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I suspect I am not the only one who will waive any credit due from this year's ST and be happy to forego the carried over games and renew for the whole season (or however many games I can attend). If people in this position tell the club this (or the club gives ST holders the option to opt out of the carry over), then STs can go on sale as soon as the club chooses., except for those sold this season where the holders have not waived their carry over right.

I am not sure we can sell season tickets yet, even if fans do waive their right to a four game credit.

It may still be the case that when the season starts it will still be with no fans, or very little fans.  I suspect restricted fans could be the case for the whole season.  As to how restricted, I don’t know.  I fear it may be the case that we can’t sell season tickets at all (and if we do, there will be reduced interest of you have to pay for a test every game), and our four games will be allocated, in accordance with restrictions, with a small amount of ‘walk ups’.  

It is not what I think should happen, but it is a concern of mine. 

I also suspect any credit will be for Category B games, since we effectively haven’t had any A games. 

6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Can see some fans in allowed next season. But cannot see there being a full Tynecastle next season, so probably not worth it. 

Even if picked to go a game wouldn’t be much fun sitting in a stadium separate from everyone else and having to wear a mask. 

I'd have no problem with it.  Its a major upgrade on sitting at home watching some stream that cuts out and is about a minute behind the action.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. 

Cheers. It's frustrating that most people think everything is going back to normal. Scary stuff. 

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'd have no problem with it.  Its a major upgrade on sitting at home watching some stream that cuts out and is about a minute behind the action.

I found the streams fine, in the main, but nothing beats actually being at the match imo. The biggest risk will be going to the bog at half time. 😄

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Cheers. It's frustrating that most people think everything is going back to normal. Scary stuff. 

Indeed it is, like it ever could. 

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am not sure we can sell season tickets yet, even if fans do waive their right to a four game credit.

It may still be the case that when the season starts it will still be with no fans, or very little fans.  I suspect restricted fans could be the case for the whole season.  As to how restricted, I don’t know.  I fear it may be the case that we can’t sell season tickets at all (and if we do, there will be reduced interest of you have to pay for a test every game), and our four games will be allocated, in accordance with restrictions, with a small amount of ‘walk ups’.  

I also suspect any credit will be for Category B games, since we effectively haven’t had any A games. 

You can sell STs. For example on condition that there  is no guarantee of access to games where access is restricted for reasons beyond the club's control but there where possible will be a ballot for restricted access among ST holders. And the club will use best/reasonable endeavours to provide a stream like this years. Take up? No idea but 8000 FOH members have paid over £11m  for less,

And of course when we romp to the title next season and qualify for the CL there will be a guaranteed seat for games in 2022/23. Wild optimisism is the only way to survive 60 odd years as a Hearts fan.

BTW this years streaming service would have been much better value with fewer games. The first and latest league games only for example.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I suppose everyone will feel different about it. I enjoy the atmosphere, and seeing friends, family at the football. So the idea of sitting in a sparse Tynecastle with only 4-5K fans all sat apart from each other, no singing, shouting and masks on etc; just doesn’t appeal to me. By next season people will be allowed in each others houses so would rather watch with group of mates/family in the house. 

No real need to spend c.£400 on season ticket. Will review when full stadiums are back I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

These four games are from 2019/20?   

Nope. It's the home games missed due to this season being cut short. I think the missed home games from last season resulted in slightly reduced prices for this year's STs.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nope. It's the home games missed due to this season being cut short. I think the missed home games from last season resulted in slightly reduced prices for this year's STs.

Indeed, we only got 14 homes games. Oh no we didn’t we got ****all apart from the dubious pleasure of watching the mostly dire performances on tv. Who’s going to compensate us for that I ask you 🤬😡😜
They seem to think they have an ace up their sleeve, might be June before we hear what it is. 

Smoked-Glass
43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why?

Just I play in a band but fixtures might be favourable to my gigs.  

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Just I play in a band but fixtures might be favourable to my gigs.  

Ah, I see. 

I know this has nothing to do with football but here in NZ, covid has saved lives.  There hasn't been a solitary flu death here in 12 months where normally there would be hundreds.  There's been fewer than 30 covid deaths.

A truly weird statistic.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know this has nothing to do with football but here in NZ, covid has saved lives.  There hasn't been a solitary flu death here in 12 months where normally there would be hundreds.  There's been fewer than 30 covid deaths.

A truly weird statistic.

Class that helps KB traffic.....

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If (and I accept it is an if) rates of death or serious illness continue at around current levels then the risks of Covid  will be about the same or lower than an average winter's seasonal flu risks. Why has proof of vaccination or tests for flu never been even thought of for football grounds. Not even when people crammed into grounds at several multiples of today's densities.

Budge has said you will need to be tested to get in, email her and ask why she feels it’s necessary. I will be vaccinated anyway. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Not being flippant at all. But is it likely that a significant number of the people who have died after a positive covid test  may have died of flu during the same period if covid hadn't been around ?

Anyway I'll be going back at the first opportunity. When you're young a couple of years out of your life isn't such a big deal. When you're counting down the years it's a lot more significant when you're missing out on stuff.

Unlikely as they would’ve had a flu jag. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Out

You only get those four games if you buy a ST for next season so they will need to be on sale before the season starts. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Paolo said:

The four games cost will be deducted off next seasons ST, if you don’t buy one you don’t get anything. 

Edited by Pasquale for King