Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Get Perreira back to “lift” the trophy.

Wont be going anywhere 🤭

He would probably drop it

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

3 hours ago, SectionN said:

That arsehole Levein on sportsound, “A small amount of discontent from a small minority of Hearts fans”

I despise that man.

Shameless w*****.

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Any answer would’ve been enough. I wasn’t after a specific response. Spew hatred though? He’s hardly Adolf Hitler. 

Fair enough. Substitute “express extreme discontent” for “spew hatred” and all is good.

Would have been better if it was just SN going up to collect it and all the players waiting in the dressing room 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Mackay was a young lad who had just broke into the first team (like many of the 83 squad).  Bit different to the current squad of internationals and 30 somethings who’ve played for the OF.

Mackay, Robbo, Bowman and a bit later Levein developed the way they did in large part because of the experienced pros around them in their very early years - Bone, Jardine, Clark, MacDonald, Pettigrew, Gibson, O'Connor and the rest. What's been missing this season has been a mix of older heads and younger legs. We had it under Robbie in his first spell. The only reason I can thinking of for not having it this time is the urgency of getting up at the first time of asking and so a reliance on old heads and the pandemic stopping youth football. It's the main thing we need to sort for next season IMO.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

She should walk out to the trophy, place a picture of the below back page in front of the trophy, then walk away. 

Sunday Mail back page

Yeah that’s a great idea away back to sleep. Prob no even a season ticket holder. Boring chat 

hmfc_liam06

I thought they got it just right. Minimal fuss, trophy lifted, press got their photo and away back down the tunnel.

Guest ToqueJambo

The most sarcastic, disdainful trophy lifting and "celebration" in history. 

And at least we did actually win the league. Contrast with Raith Rovers last year after voting themselves a trophy. Confetti FFS! Shameless.

b25lY21zOjY4OTlkOThlLTg3NTctNDczNi1hNTg2

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought they got it just right. Minimal fuss, trophy lifted, press got their photo and away back down the tunnel.

Yep, dignified job done. 

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Exactly this

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah I thought it was OK in the end too despite my initial concerns.

40 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Well done to the team. Despite many fans, including me, not being that happy, we were miles better than any other side in the league.

It was a lot more comfortable than it felt.

Yup. I just looked at the table, and was slightly surprised to see that we're actually 11 points clear of Raith. It didn't always feel that way. Can't say I'm ecstatic, but it's job done.

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Am I right in saying that that's Josh Ginnelly at the end of the front row there ? To the right of Jamie Brandon. Could be a very good sign for next season.

24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I was against lifting the trophy I thought they should have refused I never even watched it. 

I did watch the clip above though and pissed myself laughing think they did call it correctly 😂😂

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Newton51 said:

Is that genuine? Hope there's a sniper on the M8

30 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Totally agree, job done and we move on.  

Holyrood_Hearts
12 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Am I right in saying that that's Josh Ginnelly at the end of the front row there ? To the right of Jamie Brandon. Could be a very good sign for next season.

Yeah Josh was there. Not sure I’d be offering a contract tbh given his injury problems 

wattie exploited

well done to the team as we got back up and that is what we all wanted as **** being stuck down here for another year !!!!

time now to move on and hopefully to better days and better football :rifle:

2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yeah Josh was there. Not sure I’d be offering a contract tbh given his injury problems 

I'd take a gamble, he's streets ahead of Kastaneer.

Guest ToqueJambo

Maybe someone should replace Neil Lennon with the trophy in this iconic picture on a one-time only basis? It probably sums up the range of emotions towards it - from incandescent rage to GIRUY to complete indifference.

Ezuhr0yXoAA002X.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BarneyvB said:

Totally agree, job done and we move on.  

What you think having Dungcaster in the stadium is getting it right? 

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

No, didn't realise he was there. Looking at this from a player and league perspective. He doesn't have any space in my head

Edited by BarneyvB

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

3 minutes ago, BarneyvB said:

No and didn't realise he was

Its also kind of difficult to ban the guy in charge. Interesting he was nowhere to be seen with the presentation. I think that tells you something about Hearts thoughts towards him.

heartsfc_fan

I liken the trophy 'lift' to one a team does after winning a pre-season friendly tournament 👍😂

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He has no shame. All over the radio now and him of all people talking about Hearts and the support.

As much as I loved him as a player I really cannot stand the man. 

How dare he tell the truth...despite all the chat it was a small section of the support creating all the fuss over a really minor issue

It's done and dusted, it was handled well and now let's hope we can stop hearing all the bleating from a vocal MINORITY of the support

So lets now see the people in charge prepare for 21/22 and give us what we are all seeking in terms of performance, playing style and points won

Lets see those off the park work hard to win back the fans, produce off field products that will generate income and manage the public relations much better than in past years.

Covid will still be an issue and as was prev announced it could take up to 3 years to work its way through the football world in terms of sponsorship, corporate and even signings to the level we would like given income will take time to increase within the club

Oh and its nice to see you back Craig .. not as a manager but you've more than earned your place in the history of our club

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

How dare he tell the truth...despite all the chat it was a small section of the support creating all the fuss over a really minor issue

It's done and dusted, it was handled well and now let's hope we can stop hearing all the bleating from a vocal MINORITY of the support

So lets now see the people in charge prepare for 21/22 and give us what we are all seeking in terms of performance, playing style and points won

Lets see those off the park work hard to win back the fans, produce off field products that will generate income and manage the public relations much better than in past years.

Covid will still be an issue and as was prev announced it could take up to 3 years to work its way through the football world in terms of sponsorship, corporate and even signings to the level we would like given income will take time to increase within the club

Oh and its nice to see you back Craig .. not as a manager but you've more than earned your place in the history of our club

He certainly has earned his place in the history. Your correct there alright

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What a slaver .

maroonlegions

For what its worth.

Jambo till i die.

HMFC1874.

FTH.

177333638_2888247131450883_9010347077833576852_n.jpg

178059213_2888236174785312_6434930329162705138_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

For what its worth.

Jambo till i die.

HMFC1874.

FTH.

177333638_2888247131450883_9010347077833576852_n.jpg

178059213_2888236174785312_6434930329162705138_n.jpg

Is that second photo genuine from today? If so it’s class. Nobody gives a ****. Top not even off it e.g. none of this passing it around with Champagne pish...

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Its also kind of difficult to ban the guy in charge. Interesting he was nowhere to be seen with the presentation. I think that tells you something about Hearts thoughts towards him.

The fact he was there and nowhere to be seen tells it all, even more powerfully than if he hadn't been there at all.

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The fact he was there and nowhere to be seen tells it all, even more powerfully than if he hadn't been there at all.

wouldn’t there be a Covid bubble issue?🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe someone should replace Neil Lennon with the trophy in this iconic picture on a one-time only basis? It probably sums up the range of emotions towards it - from incandescent rage to GIRUY to complete indifference.

Ezuhr0yXoAA002X.jpeg

2.thumb.jpg.98e287a34632102be110db3a2a3d8488.jpg

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I didn't think I would agree with this when I started reading, but I do.  

Tin hat on but I think we have made our point. 

I have not bought or watched a single stream for our non cooncil telly away games. 

I feel now though is time forgive but not forget so next season I intend to attend as many games as I'm allowed to assuming away fans are allowed. 

The team will need all the support we can muster for what will no doubt be a tough season. 

We should really be putting all this behind us and showing a bit of dignity. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I have not bought or watched a single stream for our non cooncil telly away games. 

I feel now though is time forgive but not forget so next season I intend to attend as many games as I'm allowed to assuming away fans are allowed. 

The team will need all the support we can muster for what will no doubt be a tough season. 

Yip. Missed going to the matches this season. 

No Idle Talk

I enjoyed the presentation. It's always nice to see a piece of silverware with maroon and white ribbons on it. I just wish the stadium could have been packed with Jambos enjoying the moment together.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Totally agree