Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

davemclaren
1 minute ago, David Black said:

After receiving their meddle's leave it up to each player if he wants to lift the trophy or not when it is passed around. If it were me I'd accept my meddle and just ignore the trophy.

Why would a player want to do that?

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

10 minutes ago, David Black said:

After receiving their meddle's leave it up to each player if he wants to lift the trophy or not when it is passed around. If it were me I'd accept my meddle and just ignore the trophy.

This is not fair on the players. 

Most of them weren't even here last year and they deserve the reward they have worked for. 

Some of our fans need to grow up. 

No Idle Talk

If the players themselves decide they don't wish to pick up the trophy in protest at the club's demotion then fine. They can do that. I suspect however this will not be the case. In which case they should be allowed to collect the trophy and celebrate winning the league without being criticised for it. Let them have their moment.

David Black
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

This is not fair on the players. 

Most of them weren't even here last year and they deserve the reward they have worked for. 

Some of our fans need to grow up. 

What I am saying is leave it up to the individual player. If those that were here last summer want to leave it that's their choice. As for those who arrived after the summer I would imagine they would want to lift it. It's not a case of growing up it's one of the few occasions you can show your disgust. There is a very good reason why Doncaster and the SPL act the way they do and that's because far to many clubs and their supporters just lie back and accept whatever s*** gets thrown at them.   

Lone Striker
On 12/04/2021 at 15:05, Dagger Is Back said:

The squad won the league which is what they were tasked to do. Most of them will probably never win a league again. Let them be presented with their medals and trophy.

Let the SPFL delegate come to Tynecastle to do it but let the home crowd give them an appropriate greeting and message to take home to the rest of the SPFL Board.

Protests are for the fans to carry out. The club need to do what is required and expected.

Aye ... probably the least worst way round it.   Just hope the club don't then start advertising "Get your photo taken with our latest piece of silverware".      :facepalm:   :nah:

David Black
54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it was clear I was asking. 😄

There are plenty players who were here last summer when we were kicked out of the league. Now let's say you and I were 2 of those players. You may wish to lift the trophy and let bygone's be bygone's, I on the other hand will take the opportunity to publicly show that I am not. That's all I'm saying, let the club leave it up to what each individual wants to do.    

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, David Black said:

There are plenty players who were here last summer when we were kicked out of the league. Now let's say you and I were 2 of those players. You may wish to lift the trophy and let bygone's be bygone's, I on the other hand will take the opportunity to publicly show that I am not. That's all I'm saying, let the club leave it up to what each individual wants to do.    

Fair enough but I doubt any of the players won’t want their medals or not to lift the trophy. We’ll find out soon enough though.

From the club’s angle there will be agreed protocols that will require to be followed about the trophy presentation I imagine. 

David Black
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough but I doubt any of the players won’t want their medals or not to lift the trophy. We’ll find out soon enough though.

From the club’s angle there will be agreed protocols that will require to be followed about the trophy presentation I imagine. 

Of course I would take the medal as a mark of winning the league, but I would be surprised if there is a protocol or indeed instruction from the club that each player must lift the trophy. That is a democratic choice. Anyway, we'll soon find out and if they all lift it, then fine that's their choice.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, David Black said:

Of course I would take the medal as a mark of winning the league, but I would be surprised if there is a protocol or indeed instruction from the club that each player must lift the trophy. That is a democratic choice. Anyway, we'll soon find out and if they all lift it, then fine that's their choice.

I’m sure no-one will hold it against the player or the club. 😎

David Black
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure no-one will hold it against the player or the club. 😎

As long as any Hearts supporter doesn't hold it against either, no matter what they do that's fine. As for anybody else, who cares.

7 hours ago, David Black said:

I really don't think we should medal in the situation of the players lifting their meddles.

The players won it, so they deserve to do what every other winning team does. Us fans have made our disdain perfectly clear; despite the Government's concern that we would celebrate like Rangers fans with mass gatherings, absolutely nothing happened last weekend and nothing will happen when the team collects the trophy. As far as we are concerned it is a non event, and by continuing our protest into next season by boycotting away grounds we will continue to make what exactly we think of those who rejected the opportunity to ensure that no club was detrimentally affected perfectly clear. The real protest starts next season.

1 hour ago, David Black said:

As long as any Hearts supporter doesn't hold it against either, no matter what they do that's fine. As for anybody else, who cares.

This 

If the players want their medals and picture with the trophy, let them.

The club can then tell the SPFL to take the trophy back to where it came from.

Diadora Van Basten

I think the players should change into t shirts that state exactly what our grievance is so that if it is shown on the bbc news there is no ambiguity as to what our grievance is e.g. “Should never have been demoted in the first place”

I think not lifting the trophy leads to accusations of being petty. 

Looks like you need to take it, look after it, insure and hand it back when requested to do so.

C38 The Club occupying position one in the League at the end of a Season shall be declared the Champion Club of the League and shall hold the "The Scottish Professional Football League Championship Trophy" until the next Season's League Competition is concluded. When the winner of The Scottish Professional Football League Championship trophy has been ascertained, the Trophy shall be handed over to the winner who shall return the same to the Company at the League Office not later than 3 weeks prior to the end of the next following Season, in good order and condition and in any event as soon as reasonably practicable following a request from the Board. It shall be the responsibility of the winning Club to arrange appropriate insurance cover for each trophy throughout the period when it is held by the Club.

7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think the players should change into t shirts that state exactly what our grievance is so that if it is shown on the bbc news there is no ambiguity as to what our grievance is e.g. “Should never have been demoted in the first place”

I think not lifting the trophy leads to accusations of being petty. 

I don't think we need to go that far but little changes to what normally would be done such as not wearing 'champions' t-shirts over top of tops for or after the trophy presentations.

If a player was to stick the head on Doncaster during the presentation, would that be a red card offence?

5 minutes ago, superjack said:

If a player was to stick the head on Doncaster during the presentation, would that be a red card offence?

Yep, if the match officials were still in attendance and spotted the butt.

3fingersreid
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Looks like you need to take it, look after it, insure and hand it back when requested to do so.

C38 The Club occupying position one in the League at the end of a Season shall be declared the Champion Club of the League and shall hold the "The Scottish Professional Football League Championship Trophy" until the next Season's League Competition is concluded. When the winner of The Scottish Professional Football League Championship trophy has been ascertained, the Trophy shall be handed over to the winner who shall return the same to the Company at the League Office not later than 3 weeks prior to the end of the next following Season, in good order and condition and in any event as soon as reasonably practicable following a request from the Board. It shall be the responsibility of the winning Club to arrange appropriate insurance cover for each trophy throughout the period when it is held by the Club.

Not less than 3 weeks prior to the end of the season , last player to pick it up can do his lifting and showing off the trophy , then hand it back asking for a receipt as proof of return as I wouldn’t trust any of the ****ers who run the shit show that is Scottish football . 

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Compliance officer would be told to look at it once he's finished bending over the photo copier.

David Black
14 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

I really don't think we should medal in the situation of the players lifting their meddles.

Just testing, well done.

Bollocks to leaving it on the stand. Some need to grow up. We won it so we deserve to celebrate by lifting the trophy.

The Natural Order
On 12/04/2021 at 17:04, John Findlay said:

We behave with dignity. Collect the medals and trophy, say thank you and head back in doors. 

We show everyone what proper class is.

Great post. I can't fathom why some one here and Social Media want us to act like that. We all know how classless and scummy a lot of Scottish Football is. I want Heart of Midlothian to be bigger and better than those types.

We always have been, are, and always will be better than them.

georgiehearts66
23 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

If the players themselves decide they don't wish to pick up the trophy in protest at the club's demotion then fine. They can do that. I suspect however this will not be the case. In which case they should be allowed to collect the trophy and celebrate winning the league without being criticised for it. Let them have their moment.

Exactly

5 hours ago, superjack said:

That would be totally inappropriate!

A boot in the sack is more  fitting to the occasion 😛

Edited by jamboozy

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Each player should fart on it.....or something less immature...I'm not sure what though.

Wipe a bogey on the handles as you are passing it back?

Imagine if one of the players dropped the trophy 🏆 😱.....  and smiled 😃 

Would the FOH be inundated with increased and new pledges?

How about lifting the trophy upside down as a form of protest? That way, the players get to have their celebration and lift the trophy, but it's made abundantly clear what we think of it at the same time. 

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Forrest said:

How about lifting the trophy upside down as a form of protest? That way, the players get to have their celebration and lift the trophy, but it's made abundantly clear what we think of it at the same time. 

Too much blood rushing to the players heads I imagine. 

David Black

Whilst I can understand the "act with dignity" argument, generally that gets you nowhere, you get taken a loan off, are taken for a soft touch. It's the political stance being taken just like the tram inquiry in Edinburgh, the Underbelly inquiry, the stance taken by Budge and FoH. Keep silent, keep your head down and the mugs will soon forget and move on. If you do not show your annoyance, dissatisfaction at the authority, they will just continue in the same manner. We in fact become like the majority of clubs and say nothing, do nothing. As well as the "act with dignity" argument you could add" stand up for yourself and don't act like the rest". 

Surely physical distancing will prohibit some SPFL lackey from being there to actually present the trophy to the captain? Certainly no hand shakes should be offered or accepted. Sanitise the trophy before picking it up and troop off dangling it one-handed.

And fireworks and confetti? Very environmentally unfriendly. Don't need any of that sort of thing.
Podium on our million quid pitch? I think not. Not this year anyway.

22games nro

With Inverness going out tonight, it’s definitely the game on  Saturday 24th for the "presentation "

40F2E5C1-DF34-42EE-9AC6-896D1308C50E.jpeg

11 hours ago, David Black said:

Whilst I can understand the "act with dignity" argument, generally that gets you nowhere, you get taken a loan off, are taken for a soft touch. It's the political stance being taken just like the tram inquiry in Edinburgh, the Underbelly inquiry, the stance taken by Budge and FoH. Keep silent, keep your head down and the mugs will soon forget and move on. If you do not show your annoyance, dissatisfaction at the authority, they will just continue in the same manner. We in fact become like the majority of clubs and say nothing, do nothing. As well as the "act with dignity" argument you could add" stand up for yourself and don't act like the rest". 

Well said.

Budge and FoH have made some Hearts fans become 'soft', more worried about what others may think about us.

3 hours ago, 22games nro said:

With Inverness going out tonight, it’s definitely the game on  Saturday 24th for the "presentation "

40F2E5C1-DF34-42EE-9AC6-896D1308C50E.jpeg

I don't know how I feel. The first time that hearts have been presented a trophy on my birthday and all I can think about is someone running to pick it up, tripping over with it in their hand and smashing it off doncasters face. Now, that would be a brilliant present. All jambos are happy: we would have shown dignity by collecting ting the trophy and we would have also shown our disdain by (accidentallyish) smashing it in that smug face.

And then, to ensure safe social distancing, nobody could apply first aid to said smug twat unless any dressings being applied are on a long heavy stick, like a baseball bat.

Edited by superjack
Sp

Dougie Masterton

Will Doncaster turn up at Tynecastle next Saturday? 

Edited by Dougie Masterton

1 minute ago, Dougie Masterton said:

Will Doncaster turn up at Tynecastle next Saturday? 

I would imagine so, part of his role, just a shame we won't be there to welcome him 😁

TyphoonJambo

If he does we need to rehire that plane, but arm it up this time.

He will need to be sneaked in the back door if he attends. 

This could be a nightmare for the club if his presence becomes public knowledge imo. 

Just tell him in advance we can't guarantee his safety. 

Fozzyonthefence

Doncaster is only an administrator who does as the clubs tell him remember, so maybe if we tell him to **** off, he will?

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )