Hearts U18s

Footballfirst

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No. Hearts was the free club of the nine teams in this round of fixtures.  They are away to Dundee United on Friday, at St Andrews University, 5pm ko.

Cheers, I might be up that way with work Friday

Edited by Hesh

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Hesh

• Lfhearts

• jamboinglasgow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

section s heart
4 hours ago, Hesh said:

In this weekend of social media blackout couldnt say it was a 0-0 draw 

Aye our opponents website confirms 0-0 and a match report. Ours is a bit quieter.

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Would be interesting to know if other clubs are doing as we are and using younger age groups too or just their u18s or in Celtics case using over35s with a dodgy passport 😉

I think it’s a mixture, I think when there are trialists they are quite often 04/05s. That being said I’m sure the Rangers played an American in goals who they’ve signed who is19

1 minute ago, Hesh said:

I think it’s a mixture, I think when there are trialists they are quite often 04/05s. That being said I’m sure the Rangers played an American in goals who they’ve signed who is19

I am not very clued up on the youngsters , just know we were reported to be playing younger groups in amongst the u18s. 

Fingers crossed it works out well for them. I think this season its a good idea

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

I am not very clued up on the youngsters , just know we were reported to be playing younger groups in amongst the u18s. 

Fingers crossed it works out well for them. I think this season its a good idea

I get the impression u18s are mostly 16/17 with the odd 15 brought in ( this seems a bit of a bone comment looking at it now)

Top 3 teams seem away, tight for 4th and fifth to get in the top half of the split 

Edited by Hesh

jamboinglasgow

Something curious I noticed today is that the official site has updated the reserve squad. It now has squad as

Goalkeepers - Harris Spratt, Harry Stone

Defenders - Michael Aitken, Sean Docherty, Leon Watson, Aaron Darge, Chris Hamilton (on loan), Cammy Logan

Midfielders - Callum Flatman, Harry Gordon, Aidan Denholm, Sean Ward (on loan), Scott McGill, Connor Smith

Forwards - Mackenzie Kirk, Ryan Schiavone, Jay Charleston-King, Leeroy Makovora (on loan) 

The (on loan) is what it is stated on the website, I know there are other players who are currently on loan without the on loan next to their name. It appears all this season reserves and U18s combined in that squad list.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Something curious I noticed today is that the official site has updated the reserve squad. It now has squad as

Defenders - Michael Aitken, Sean Docherty, Leon Watson, Aaron Darge, Chris Hamilton (on loan), Cammy Logan

Midfielders - Callum Flatman, Harry Gordon, Aidan Denholm, Sean Ward (on loan), Scott McGill, Connor Smith

Forwards - Mackenzie Kirk, Ryan Schiavone, Jay Charleston-King, Leeroy Makovora (on loan) 

The (on loan) is what it is stated on the website, I know there are other players who are currently on loan without the on loan next to their name. It appears all this season reserves and U18s combined in that squad list.

Wow just wow.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Callum Flatman a midfielder?

I watched 20 minutes or so of the U16s against Aberdeen on Sunday. I didn't see any goals but Bobby McLuckie looked pretty decent on the left flank. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I watched 20 minutes or so of the U16s against Aberdeen on Sunday. I didn't see any goals but Bobby McLuckie looked pretty decent on the left flank. 

Yeah, someone has clearly made an error on the website.

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Has Mackenzie Lawler left?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Does this mean it'll be a young reserve side and a brand new U18s team? Maybe a way to make up for this kind of lost season for a lot of youngsters? Hope this is the way we go - much smaller first team squad augmented by youngsters.

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Has Mackenzie Lawler left?

I presume so, he had a contract up till end of January. Jay Sanderson who also had a contract till the end of January signed for Cowdenbeath last month so I imagine it means Lawler has gone as well.

Celtic away tomorrow, very close for 5th with the bottom 5 teams all within 2 points 

Edited by Hesh

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

We scored 3 this week, but Killie scored 4, good news is Hibs unlikely to win it now.

It was Killie 2 Hearts 1 at U18 level

On 03/05/2021 at 19:29, jamboinglasgow said:

No Finlay Pollock?

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

No Finlay Pollock?

I imagine because of his age, he will be part of the academy graduates who have turned pro announced this summer so wont be added to that list till then.

50 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

It was Killie 2 Hearts 1 at U18 level

Never trust a rangers website!

On 03/05/2021 at 23:30, Footballfirst said:

What position does Flatman play? Are there rumours that he is leaving?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

What position does Flatman play? Are there rumours that he is leaving?

He's a centre back.  He was rumoured to be leaving a year ago but he decided to stay. I heard it repeated again a month or so back, but it seems to be duff information.  It coincided with him being absent from a few U18 games, but that may just have been due to injury

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He's a centre back.  He was rumoured to be leaving a year ago but he decided to stay. I heard it repeated again a month or so back, but it seems to be duff information.  It coincided with him being absent from a few U18 games, but that may just have been due to injury

he is injured and will be out for months from what i have heard

44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks FF.

Leveins Battalion

Aye our 18’s are pish but they learn how to cook and develop life skills.

Honestly you couldn’t make it up,HMFC is a freak show,a shit show.

Have a look in the official website and Rodger Arnotts input,embarrassing.Football is now 2nd to human development at this club.

But then most already know that.

KyleLafferty

Btw we play 14-16 year old in our u18 teams. More than probably any other club. So wind your neck in when slaughtering the club for the u18 team.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aye our 18’s are pish but they learn how to cook and develop life skills.

Honestly you couldn’t make it up,HMFC is a freak show,a shit show.

Have a look in the official website and Rodger Arnotts input,embarrassing.Football is now 2nd to human development at this club.

But then most already know that.

A wee bit jealousy there that Hubs don't do that.

When young boys come to Hearts they are encouraged  to learn life skills that help mould them into decent independent human beings but that apart it may guide them towards another career if they are unfortunate enough to get an injury that curtails their football progress.

Mr Brightside
34 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Btw we play 14-16 year old in our u18 teams. More than probably any other club. So wind your neck in when slaughtering the club for the u18 team.

I know it’s a cliche but development is more important than results at this level.

Physically there is a huge difference between a 14 year old and an 18 year old so results will suffer.

Leveins Battalion
37 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Btw we play 14-16 year old in our u18 teams. More than probably any other cl ub. So wind your neck in when slaughtering the club for the u18 team.

Wow what genius came up with that strategy?

Finishing bottom of the league and becoming whipping boys will be great for their development eh.

Our Academy is an absolute farce,headed up by an ex Summer camp fun club organiser.

53 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

i think 16yo are quite common in these teams I do find it hard to believe 14 yo are being played. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I know it’s a cliche but development is more important than results at this level.

Physically there is a huge difference between a 14 year old and an 18 year old so results will suffer.

Why play 14 year olds then?

On 06/05/2021 at 17:27, Bigteam said:

he is injured and will be out for months from what i have heard

Sounds about right for us.

Mr Brightside
Just now, wavydavy said:

Why play 14 year olds then?

Learn more from playing in a tougher environment rather than having it easy against people their own age.

Just now, Mr Brightside said:

Learn more from playing in a tougher environment rather than having it easy against people their own age.

Not always the case though a lot depends on the menatlity of the kids.

If they are constantly losing and physically much weaker then that can deject them and hamper their progress.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Which 14 year olds are playing?  The U18 games have mostly been scheduled on school day afternoons.

maroonedinbriz

It must be hard to get yourself up for games when you're management team are content for your squad to be treated like cannon fodder. Blooding young guys against older opposition may help some players development, but for others the enjoyment of playing sport is simply the buzz of winning and sharing the experience with your team mates.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Which 14 year olds are playing?  The U18 games have mostly been scheduled on school day afternoons.

Interesting FF. I keep looking out for my ex-neighbours boy.

He is 16 and attending Balerno HS.

I have not seen his name in any of the line ups.

This may explain it.

He is really athletic, above average acedemically.

Is he a good player? No idea:lol:😆

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Interesting FF. I keep looking out for my ex-neighbours boy.

He is 16 and attending Balerno HS.

I have not seen his name in any of the line ups.

This may explain it.

He is really athletic, above average acedemically.

Is he a good player? No idea:lol:😆

What's the laddie's name?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Beagley

Yes, I've seen Michael play a few times. As a 2005, he will have to play with the U18 side. Normally plays right back. Decent player who gets up and down the park well.

I haven't seen the U18s play of late so can't comment on whether or not he is getting a game, is injured, or missing for other reasons.

Niemi’s gloves

No one seems to have mentioned the actual score in the U-18 match which was apparently 1-0 to Celtic rather than anything more devastating.

On a more positive note the U-15 Hearts team beat Dundee United 5-0 this afternoon according to the results that you can find (with some difficulty) on the SFA website under “performance” then “club academy Scotland” then scroll down to bottom of page and scroll through “results”

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No one seems to have mentioned the actual score in the U-18 match which was apparently 1-0 to Celtic rather than anything more devastating.

On a more positive note the U-15 Hearts team beat Dundee United 5-0 this afternoon according to the results that you can find (with some difficulty) on the SFA website under “performance” then “club academy Scotland” then scroll down to bottom of page and scroll through “results”

Almost as if the development of Scottish talent is an afterthought.🤔🤔 Outwith the OF Colt teams,obviously.

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The U15s are the first of the younger age groups that appears to have the potential for a number of decent prospects to come through together.

It's the same age group that won the International tournament that Hearts hosted at the Oriam a couple of years ago.