Hearts U18s

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

A curtailed league starts today with a game away to Aberdeen at Cormack Park, with the k.o. at 2pm.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Hesh

• Lfhearts

• jamboinglasgow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No Flatman? 

In the first team tonight? 🤔 

I was curious about that too, although I have heard that he is considering his options for a move down south once again.

He was quoted in the EN as having signed a three year contract last summer after spending a week on trial with Spurs, with the implication he wasn't happy with the prospect of playing U18, then U23 football down there. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/new-hearts-signing-explains-why-he-chose-tynecastle-over-spurs-3011756

My source may of course be talking mince.

jambo-rocker
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I was curious about that too, although I have heard that he is considering his options for a move down south once again.

He was quoted in the EN as having signed a three year contract last summer after spending a week on trial with Spurs, with the implication he wasn't happy with the prospect of playing U18, then U23 football down there. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/new-hearts-signing-explains-why-he-chose-tynecastle-over-spurs-3011756

I don't blame him considering the mince that's starting ahead of him.

Something tells me that if I check our official website there won't be a word about this.

Happy to be proved wrong.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Something tells me that if I check our official website there won't be a word about this.

Nah,yer right.See there's a right good deal with tins of Carabou though.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Our website is apn absolute shambles. The only reason I know any of the young boys names is because of FF and the likes posts. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Our website is apn absolute shambles. The only reason I know any of the young boys names is because of FF and the likes posts. 

Exactly.  Thought this would have been a bit a strong point of AB but not to be.

Not all of us are on Twitter but more to the point, wouldn't it give our young players and our women a real boost to have a section on the website where their exploits would be recorded.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Surely a place on the bench tonight would be encouraging for him.  Nothing to lose.  Nobody is going to blame him if we are eye-bleeding again.

Stendelnator
25 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly.  Thought this would have been a bit a strong point of AB but not to be.

Not all of us are on Twitter but more to the point, wouldn't it give our young players and our women a real boost to have a section on the website where their exploits would be recorded.

The women do have their own section on the website. 

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

A curtailed league starts today with a game away to Aberdeen at Cormack Park, with the k.o. at 2pm.

I see the 3 Hutchie 04 boys are in that squad.

49 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The women do have their own section on the website. 

Good.  I should have checked.

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I see the 3 Hutchie 04 boys are in that squad.

I was aware of McGarry and Begg. I assume that Kemp is the third as its the only name I'm not familiar with.

Hearts win and thread immediately turned into usual garbage by the usual suspects. You seriously need to get a grip 

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was aware of McGarry and Begg. I assume that Kemp is the third as its the only name I'm not familiar with.

Aye, the 3 of them are tidy players like 

Footballfirst

I'm encouraged by the progress of this group as it's very much the same lads that got to the U16 final a couple of seasons ago.  Coincidentally, they lost to Aberdeen in the final.

Th Hearts team from that day. Hearts: Spratt, Docherty, Watson, Darge, Aitken, McKenzie, Denholm, Somers, Schiavone, Charleston-King, Mitchell (Ramos 65)

Edited by Footballfirst

Hope there's nothing concerning about Flatman not playing and not being included in the 1st team squad.  He's clearly rated highly by those of you who are itk.  Could be something as simple as a common cold.  Let's hope so.

Aggregate score today, 10-1. Thatll do me nicely.

Agreed Hearts website is garbage. Do all those people sitting round the office at Tynie actually do any work? 

Surely can’t be hard to write biographies of players. Add stats to relevant pages etc.

Maybe do odd interview with some of the lads 

Encouraging win.

Always nice to ram the sheep.

Sorry. 🤪

Footballfirst
9 hours ago, R1874 said:

Agreed Hearts website is garbage. Do all those people sitting round the office at Tynie actually do any work? 

Surely can’t be hard to write biographies of players. Add stats to relevant pages etc.

It makes it all the more bizarre that HYDC stopped functioning, including its website, which was a source of up to date information on the Academy's operations. It was indicated at the time that the club was capable providing all the necessary support, although I suspect that the reasons for HYDC's shutdown went a bit deeper.   

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

From the team there, what year group are each of the lads ? Mostly 04s or mixed? 

Footballfirst

03s to 05s in the starting lineup and a couple of 06s on the bench.

Edit:

McFarlane 04, Darge (c) 03, Aitken 04, Denholm 03, Pollock 04, Schiavone 03,  Hambrook 05, Docherty 03 Tait 05, Kirk 04, McGarry 04

Subs: Spratt 03, Simpson 06, Kemp 04, Begg 04, McLuckie 06

Edited by Footballfirst

Niemi’s gloves
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Edit:

McFarlane 04, Darge (c) 03, Aitken 04, Denholm 03, Pollock 04, Schiavone 03,  Hambrook 05, Docherty 03 Tait 05, Kirk 04, McGarry 04

Another promising player missing is Leo Watson. Is he injured or now part of the first team squad, or something else?

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Edit:

That suggests he might only be 14/15 years old.

Do you know much about him eg did he play, how did he play, what position, big/small?

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That suggests he might only be 14/15 years old.

Do you know much about him eg did he play, how did he play, what position, big/small?

Bobby McLuckie is still only 14. Normally plays on the right wing. Not particularly big, but then I haven't seen any academy games for over a year. I'll probably find it difficult to recognise some of the lads as they will have grown, changed facially or hairstyles etc. 

It looks like he got on for the last 5 mins going by the AFC match report.

https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/cas-18s-young-dons-lose-league-opener/

Edited by Footballfirst

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Bobby McLuckie is still only 14. Normally plays on the right wing. Not particularly big, but then I haven't seen any academy games for over a year. I'll probably find it difficult to recognise some of the lads as they will have grown, changed facially or hairstyles etc. 

It doesn't look like he got on going by the AFC match report.

https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/cas-18s-young-dons-lose-league-opener/

Thanks FF.

Always a pleasure to read your updates.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thanks FF.

Always a pleasure to read your updates.

Thanks. Note my edit in the post above. Bobby did get on for the last 5 minutes.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks. Note my edit in the post above. Bobby did get on for the last 5 minutes.

Noted.  Thanks.

Edited by JamboAl

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Another promising player missing is Leo Watson. Is he injured or now part of the first team squad, or something else?

I've no idea if he is injured or not, but I'd hope that he is training with the first team.

12 hours ago, R1874 said:

They'd expect you to pay for that content - that's why there is Hearts World

jamboinglasgow
On 10/04/2021 at 12:12, Footballfirst said:

I've no idea if he is injured or not, but I'd hope that he is training with the first team.

Saw on his instagram this week that he had a operation on his ankle. Shame as I would have liked to see him make an appearance before the end of the season.

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Harris Spratt, Great name😎. Lewis kipper would be another good name, or Skye Mullet?

Footballfirst

1-0 Hibs

30 mins and the visitors go 1-0 up against the run of play. Header from a free kick. 0-1 #thefutureismaroon

Edited by Footballfirst

I've heard of Spratt as he got his first contract in the summer, not heard of McFarlane at all though, is he new?

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Like John Rankin , intelligent and passionate but losing 3-0 to Hibs he needs a boot up the arse 🤬