Hearts U18s

Footballfirst

Hearts were terrible, Hibs miles better in every Department, Booboo Nielson standing there at ht like John Wayne while JR gives them a roasting, by look of that Nielson going nowhere, don't think we had a shot in first half, same lifeless football as first team.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Hesh

• Lfhearts

• jamboinglasgow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GorgieRules22
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The young guy Macaulay Tait is a name Iv heard mentioned ... Iv heard he’s a great prospect ? Is he only 15/16 ?

Tommy Brown
On 09/04/2021 at 22:20, CJGJ said:

Schiavone has talent and could be a prospect in the future

We had player of that name years ago, knew his dad. Wonder he is son of the last one?

Flatman warmed up not sure what happened, worst performance I have seen from a Hearts team at that age against Hibs and I have seen a few, hopefully a one off.

Tommy Brown
On 10/04/2021 at 11:45, Footballfirst said:

Bobby McLuckie is still only 14. Normally plays on the right wing. Not particularly big, but then I haven't seen any academy games for over a year. I'll probably find it difficult to recognise some of the lads as they will have grown, changed facially or hairstyles etc. 

It looks like he got on for the last 5 mins going by the AFC match report.

https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/cas-18s-young-dons-lose-league-opener/

I know Stuart McLuckie from Livingston.

Is that his dad?, he was on Hearts books in the 80s

FTH.

The name Sean Docherty rang a bell.

Checked LH and we did have a youngster on our books with that name in the late 80's.

He scored in a 1-5 EoSS win at ER in 1988.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I know Stuart McLuckie from Livingston.

Is that his dad?, he was on Hearts books in the 80s

No idea.

Bad start to a sombre weekend. No idea who Hibs are playing but whoever it is, I hope they give them a thrashing.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 09/04/2021 at 09:54, Footballfirst said:
Hearts twitter finds a good news story

"Darge, Denholm, Kirk & Schiavone" sounds like a firm of solicitors.

I know it's impossible to predict, but any you think might break through next season?

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

"Darge, Denholm, Kirk & Schiavone" sounds like a firm of solicitors.

I know it's impossible to predict, but any you think might break through next season?

You are correct "it's impossible to predict".  I haven't seen them play for over a year so it would be unfair to say that any player is likely/unlikely to break through, although Leo Watson is probably closest at the moment. 

What happens to the squad will likely depend on there being a reserve league next season. If not, then those who will be too old for U18 football (2003 age group) will have to go out on loan, or risk being released if there is little prospect of them making the grade.

The 2003s are Spratt, Denholm, Docherty, Watson, Schiavone, Darge and King.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

You are correct "it's impossible to predict".  I haven't seen them play for over a year so it would be unfair to say that any player is likely/unlikely to break through, although Leo Watson is probably closest at the moment. 

What happens to the squad will likely depend on there being a reserve league next season. If not, then those who will be too old for U18 football (2003 age group) will have to go out on loan, or risk being released if there is little prospect of them making the grade.

The 2003s are Spratt, Denholm, Docherty, Watson, Schiavone, Darge and King.

Cheers!

18 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Bad start to a sombre weekend. No idea who Hibs are playing but whoever it is, I hope they give them a thrashing.

Would've been us if we'd beat bloody Brora 🙄

19 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sombre weekend  🤔

On 16/04/2021 at 17:13, Lfhearts said:

Hearts were terrible, Hibs miles better in every Department, Booboo Nielson standing there at ht like John Wayne while JR gives them a roasting, by look of that Nielson going nowhere, don't think we had a shot in first half, same lifeless football as first team.

Not sure what game you were watching!! Hearts played all the football but lack a goal threat . Darge and Pollock by far the best players on the park. 2 of the Hibs goals scored by kids that were at Hearts 😡

Lone Striker
25 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

Not sure what game you were watching!! Hearts played all the football but lack a goal threat . Darge and Pollock by far the best players on the park. 2 of the Hibs goals scored by kids that were at Hearts 😡

Do you know who they were ?  When did Hearts release them ?

Footballfirst
49 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Mackenzie Weir, Josh O’Connor and Connor Young

O'Connor is the son of Gary Jos.....

I recall Connor Young being at Hearts for a short spell, certainly in 2019. He came from Leith Athletic.

I don't recall a Mackenzie Weir in recent years. Could have left after U12 or U13s though.

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Weir ( defender) not sure when he left and the striker Connor ( don’t know his last name )  was released within last 2 years 

I watched the game alright it's about creating chances, Hearts did not have a proper shot in first half.

I repeat Hibs better all over park.  Hearts badoomphed ball into box all game, the No 9 for Hearts looked ok in patches like I said it was one game, JR obviously felt same as he was raging at Half time.

On 18/04/2021 at 17:49, Lfhearts said:

I watched the game alright it's about creating chances, Hearts did not have a proper shot in first half.

I repeat Hibs better all over park.  Hearts badoomphed ball into box all game, the No 9 for Hearts looked ok in patches like I said it was one game, JR obviously felt same as he was raging at Half time.

My lad runs a football academy for 1 to 1 coaching for elite U10/U11/U12 players from many SPFL clubs including Hearts and Hibs.   I hate to say this but the star performer is currently from Hibs academy.

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

My lad runs a football academy for 1 to 1 coaching for elite U10/U11/U12 players from many SPFL clubs including Hearts and Hibs.   I hate to say this but the star performer is currently from Hibs academy.

Any star players at that age tend to disappear to bigger clubs before they can sign a professional deal at age 16.

NHC, I noticed the Rangers had an American kid (19) playing for them today. I would have liked to have thought this league was for developing Scottish players, clearly I’ve misunderstood this.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Lost 4-1 I believe, am looking fwd to someone coming on here with news as to what's happening re Flatman.

The two U18 keepers were training with the first team at the weekend, so perhaps they were infected by the first team's general malaise.

Edited by Footballfirst

Jambo 4 Ever
On 09/04/2021 at 17:42, Kiwidoug said:

Something tells me that if I check our official website there won't be a word about this.

Happy to be proved wrong.

In general our website and social media is very poor at covering the young players 

Jambo 4 Ever
21 hours ago, Hesh said:

NHC, I noticed the Rangers had an American kid (19) playing for them today. I would have liked to have thought this league was for developing Scottish players, clearly I’ve misunderstood this.

Ummm we have had our own share of foreign young players too mate

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm we have had our own share of foreign young players too mate

Fair enough, I’m not overly up to speed just know some lads who are involved now.

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Rangers 18s on Friday? Take it you were not impressed against Hibs FF but your lips are sealed lol.

I didn't see the game against Hibs, so can't comment.

I looks like it will be next season before I get the chance to do so, by which time a year's worth of players will no longer be eligible or have moved on.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch the younger age groups again from June, or thereabouts, as they play a summer season.  

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Hesh said:

Is there a league table anywhere?

Not that I'm aware of.  It's another SFA secret.

However I believe that the team that wins it qualifies for the U19 Europa League equivalent next season (as Hamilton did a year or two back), so it is an important competition and should be publicised as such.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Not that I'm aware of.  It's another SFA secret.

However I believe that the team that wins it qualifies for the U19 Europa League equivalent next season (as Hamilton did a year or two back), so it is an important competition and should be publicised as such.

It’s a bit pish, you’re  right about the u19 tournament though. I can’t remember if it’s been explained before but everyone plays each other once then there’s a 5/4 split with the top 5 playing each other again to get that euro spot  

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Scored 1 against 9, last three games.

Scored 9 conceded 2 in the 2 games previously, so not all negative !!

also up until the Hibs  game had gone at least 10 games unbeaten 

they also play a lot of 14,15 and 16 year olds 

try and look for the positives!!

Ronald Villiers
11 hours ago, Bigteam said:

Totally agree mate.  It's frustrating looking at some of the results but we do tend to use a lot of the better  younger players to try to stretch them.  I'm sure we've done this for years.  

14 hours ago, Bigteam said:

We don't play a lot of 14/15/16 year olds that's a myth, 3 at most I would say, two of those not starting. I would like nothing more than to say things are great but they ain't. Flatman - where is he, injured?

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

We don't play a lot of 14/15/16 year olds that's a myth, 3 at most I would say, two of those not starting. I would like nothing more than to say things are great but they ain't. Flatman - where is he, injured?

Well I’m pretty sure the 3 Hutchie boys who are triallists are all still 16 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

I watch all the games and it’s not myth it’s fact 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Finlay Pollock on the bench for the first team today. Bit surprised tbh.

Me too.  I'm guessing that the Club is looking to give a few minutes in the league to Academy graduates in the last few matches so that they can recoup some cash from the SFA re "outcomes" from our "elite" academy.

Scott McGill got his first appearance in the league on Tuesday, so it could be Finlay Pollock today.  

Footballfirst
10 hours ago, Hesh said:

18s have a game today?

No. Hearts was the free club of the nine teams in this round of fixtures.  They are away to Dundee United on Friday, at St Andrews University, 5pm ko.