Hearts U18s

Footballfirst

Finlay James
12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The U15s are the first of the younger age groups that appears to have the potential for a number of decent prospects to come through together.

It's the same age group that won the International tournament that Hearts hosted at the Oriam a couple of years ago.

The young lad Noah Carstairs looked very good in that tournament, is he still with us?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Hesh

• Lfhearts

• jamboinglasgow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

The young lad Noah Carstairs looked very good in that tournament, is he still with us?

Yes, although he was playing a year down with the U14s last week.  He is quite a small lad which might be the reason why.

Footballfirst
6 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Noah scored Hearts goal in the U14s' 1-1 draw against Dundee Utd this morning. 

I think the U16 game was abandoned after a serious injury to a United player. When I walked by, there was an ambulance with paramedics attending to the player who was still lying on the pitch

On 08/05/2021 at 10:35, Footballfirst said:

Which 14 year olds are playing?  The U18 games have mostly been scheduled on school day afternoons.

no they arent. Most games are 7/7.30pm kick off....Dundee Utd normally being the exception 

On 08/05/2021 at 12:04, Footballfirst said:

Yes, I've seen Michael play a few times. As a 2005, he will have to play with the U18 side. Normally plays right back. Decent player who gets up and down the park well.

I haven't seen the U18s play of late so can't comment on whether or not he is getting a game, is injured, or missing for other reasons.

Beagley played v Celtic on Friday night a long with a host of youngters. Probably 5 16/17 year olds and the rest all younger

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

no they arent. Most games are 7/7.30pm kick off....Dundee Utd normally being the exception 

Recent games v Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers were all played in the afternoon.

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Recent games v Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers were all played in the afternoon.

apologies you are right but I believe they are trying to change training and kick off times where possible to accommodate kids still at school going forward

3 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

apologies you are right but I believe they are trying to change training and kick off times where possible to accommodate kids still at school going forward

although it was Friday afternoon after school for those games you mention

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Bigteam said:

Beagley played v Celtic on Friday night a long with a host of youngters. Probably 5 16/17 year olds and the rest all younger

How did he play? thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

How did he play? thanks in advance.

not heard and there is now way of sneaking into Lennoxtown!!! John Rankin was pleased with the overall performance and disappointed not to come away with points

Lone Striker

A general question for @Footballfirst.  At which age level do clubs (not just Hearts) start to have players who look to have been coached to be strikers/forwards ?    Just wondering if you think some clubs are doing "striker coaching"  better than Hearts are (if indeed we do it all 🙄)

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

A general question for @Footballfirst.  At which age level do clubs (not just Hearts) start to have players who look to have been coached to be strikers/forwards ?    Just wondering if you think some clubs are doing "striker coaching"  better than Hearts are (if indeed we do it all 🙄)

I've no idea what Hearts or any other clubs do in respect of specific coaching for strikers.  

What I do see among the younger age groups is that Hearts opposition tends to have at least one striker that you could describe as being bigger and stronger than his peers.  Hearts tend to have their biggest and strongest players in defence and appear to choose smaller and mobile strikers.  I don't know if that is through choice or an early years recruitment failure. You can also find that the smaller strikers are relatively easily outmuscled by bigger defenders.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

I know in the past the club has looked to push young players to play above their age group (when the club thinks they are ready) to help their development, but with them using so many younger players for the U18 of late, is that due to planning or circumstance (i.e. is this something they are doing to speed up the development of a few younger players or are they playing them due to being short of numbers.)

Four faces
On 08/05/2021 at 18:34, Footballfirst said:

The U15s are the first of the younger age groups that appears to have the potential for a number of decent prospects to come through together.

It's the same age group that won the International tournament that Hearts hosted at the Oriam a couple of years ago.

HI FF.Any idea what the situation with the boy Watson is?Thought he was being readied to push for the left back spot

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Four faces said:

HI FF.Any idea what the situation with the boy Watson is?Thought he was being readied to push for the left back spot

I believe he's had an ankle injury that has kept him out.

Footballfirst
45 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The last two named subs are trialists. Kemp is from Hutchie Vale and McInnes was with Dundee Utd.

Footballfirst

Now 2-1 down. Penalties to both sides. Kirk the scorer for Hearts. Accies down to 10 men after a handball on the line.

Footballfirst

I understand that Hearts have dispensed with all their academy scouts and that their lead scout Andy Petrie is now working for Hibs.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Footballfirst said:

I understand that Hearts have dispensed with all their academy scouts and that their lead scout Andy Petrie is now working for Hibs.

Make sense if we are looking to completely revamp recruitment across the club. Hopefully it works out.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Not before time but Hibs don't really employ scouts either. Will try and get it confirmed.

Footballfirst
On 11/05/2021 at 21:18, Hesh said:

Basement battle on Friday I believe 

Hearts won 1-0. I think Makenzie Kirk scored the goal.

Spratt saved a Utd pen in the 90th minute after a poor decision by the ref.  The ref then made up for it in stoppage time denying Utd what looked like a decent shout for a penalty, but gave Hearts the foul.  It was a bit of a mystery.

Not the greatest game by either side.

Hearts

Spratt

Allen Darge Aitken

Beagley, Thomas Tait,  Pollock, McLuckie  

Kirk, McInnes T, (Kemp T)

Att. 43  (unofficially)

Edited by Footballfirst

TyphoonJambo

I'm hoping Kirk is related to the late Bobby Kirk. Means I've got a distant,very, relative playing for the famous.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts won 1-0. I think Makenzie Kirk scored the goal.

Spratt saved a Utd pen in the 90th minute after a poor decision by the ref.  The ref then made up for it in stoppage time denying Utd what looked like a decent shout for a penalty, but gave Hearts the foul.  It was a bit of a mystery.

Not the greatest game by either side.

Hearts

Spratt

Allen Darge Aitken

Beagley, Thomas Tait,  Pollock, McLuckie  

Kirk, McInnes T, (Kemp T)

Att. 43

I was actually at the game with a friend who’s lad was playing. It was pretty brutal, quite ironic it was played on a rugby pitch 

Ronald Villiers
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'm hoping Kirk is related to the late Bobby Kirk. Means I've got a distant,very, relative playing for the famous.

Think it's Andy Kirk's son mate.

TyphoonJambo
10 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Think it's Andy Kirk's son mate.

Bummer!!!! (the bad luck type, not the homophobic kind, in case I've offended anyone) 

Niemi’s gloves

According to the SFA web site our under 18s beat Aberdeen 3-2 this afternoon. No more details apart from it being 2-0 at half time. Would be interested to hear more if anyone has details. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/cas-u18s-hearts-v-aberdeen/

Saw this earlier via News Now. Not much in the way of info though

Thanks. At least they give the Hearts team if not the scorers. Perhaps we’ll eventually get a report on the Hearts website (as we do for the women’s team!!)

32 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, a bit poor that they haven't reported on it yet. 

Worse than poor imo.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Won 3-2 last night against Don's were 3 up no sign of Schiavone or Flatman.

Both injured.

Schiavone went off in a recent game against Hamilton and I'm led to believe that Flatman has a ligament problem.

34 mins and @JamTarts make their first substitution with @RyanSchiavone1  replaced by Trialist Ryan McInnes. 0-0 #thefutureismaroon

Four faces

Isee the women's games are well covered on the official site but not a mention of the u18's.No update of squad photos and limited profile on players.Very poor indeed.

• 11 months later...
Footballfirst

Hearts U18s v Hibs U18s on Friday at 7:30pm in our penultimate game. Whether or not we play the final game (away to Hibs) will depend on if/when Hibs seal the league.

Hibs drew 2-2 away to Dundee Utd tonight, while Rangers beat Hamilton 4-0 to go back to the top of the table by a point, although Hibs have 4 games in hand. 

Celtic is now guaranteed to finish bottom.

Under 18 League 2021/22

Team Played Won Draw Lost GF GA GD PTS
Rangers 30 19 3 7 76 39 37 63
Hibernian 26 19 5 2 65 18 47 62
Hearts 30 16 2 12 59 56 3 50
Motherwell 28 14 3 11 52 42 10 45
Aberdeen 32 11 6 16 63 70 -7 39
Kilmarnock 32 12 3 17 40 56 -16 39
Dundee United 31 9 8 14 52 69 -17 35
Hamilton Accies 30 8 4 18 28 59 -31 28
Celtic 31 6 6 19 38 64 -26 24

11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts U18s v Hibs U18s on Friday at 7:30pm in our penultimate game. Whether or not we play the final game (away to Hibs) will depend on if/when Hibs seal the league.

Hibs drew 2-2 away to Dundee Utd tonight, while Rangers beat Hamilton 4-0 to go back to the top of the table by a point, although Hibs have 4 games in hand. 

Under 18 League 2021/22

Hibs only lost 18 goals and Celtic at the bottom

What a funny table.

Lone Striker
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Under 18 League 2021/22

It would interesting in a few years time to  check out the professional careers of the Hibs & Rangers boys at the top compared to the Celtic boys at the bottom.     Would any of them actually still be playing for those clubs ?    I guess a  Tierney/Forrest/McGregor  or  Patterson/Gilmour  every 5-10 years justifies things from the OF point of view.  

section s heart
15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Under 18 League 2021/22

Do Celtic play their best kids in their B team, and use younger ones in the 18s, FF?

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, section s heart said:

Do Celtic play their best kids in their B team, and use younger ones in the 18s, FF?

That has been the experience this season. Their B Team competed well in the Lowland League, finishing 3rd, 14 points behind Bonnyrigg, but just behind Rangers B on goal difference.

Footballfirst

I believe that Rangers lost 3-1 at home to Motherwell this afternoon, meaning that Hibs only need 5 points (4 will probably be enough) from their last 6 games to secure the title.

Motherwell's win also brings them closer to Hearts in 3rd place (2 points behind with a game in hand)

Footballfirst

Hearts U18s drew 1-1 with Hibs tonight.

Bobby McLuckie scored for Hearts in the second minute. Aiken scored for Hibs after 55 minutes.

Hearts started well, before Hibs came into the game towards half time. Hibs then had the better of the second half, but Hearts defence held firm with not too many alarms.  Hibs did have a goal ruled out for offside (confirmed by VAR) inside the last 10 minutes. 

MaskedMarauder

Why wasn’t Naismith the coach last night, any idea? Thought Bailey Dall, MacAuley Tait and Ewan Simpson played fairly well last night. Certainly the better of our players. Liam also had a few good saves throughout