Who's going to catch us?

graygo

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

We should beat Alloa😏mind you friday night, BBC.😦.

I know.

Brutal stuff in February.

A 1-0 win will do for me. Not a clincher on the night but would probably turn out to be within a few days.

It's a great time to be alive.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Greedy Jambo

• Fozzyonthefence

• jager man

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately for us the chasing pack will beat each other, Although if i was to bet on anyone it would be raith, but they need to win every game left (unlikely) This doesnt take away from the fact that it has been an abysmal season for us though, tinpot championshit league title or not, to have been emptied out of both cups by the mighty alloa and the highland league maestros that are brora is devastatingly bad! Any normal run football club would have removed their coaching staff by this point but we are very far from normal at this point in time, i don't know what to make of it all, just sick of hearts going through the motions and nothing actually changing, i just want the team i love back, the team that used to give back to the fans, not use them as a cash cow and tell them to sit down and shut up effectively, The team that actually used to give us something to shout about every season or two, a team that is hungry for success and players who would run through a brick wall for our jersey, where has that hearts gone? sadly we look a shadow of that club now.

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Gordon 

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

We need another centre half, several midfielders and another 2 forwards and 2 wingers. So it's a lot of improvement but we don't need to kick everyone out. 

Haring and halliday. 

What you smoking!! 

14 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

We've got 4 games left to play, the most "likely" team to catch us is probably Dundee who are 14 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Let's be generous and say they will win those 2 games, that puts them 8 points behind with 4 games left.

Looking at the form over the last 6 games where we have been shockingly bad, the "worst ever" according to some we see that Dundee have accumulated 3 points more than us so how the hell are they going to make up 8 points in 4 games? Answer - they're not.

Raith Rovers?  Haven't won any more points than us in last 6 games, they're not catching us.

League is done!

It’s not done until it’s impossible for anyone to overtake us.  The way this lot are playing just now and the tactics being employed by the manager give me nightmares. We are stumbling towards the finishing line. I hope that we find some form for Friday and put Alloa to the sword but won’t be holding my breath. 

part_time_jambo
13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We'll scrape the league playing utter guff football with a budget 10x the size of anyone else and Robbie will get next season play the same horrible guff while wasting another shit load of money.

I think you are correct unfortunately. AB doesn't look interested in learning from the last manager fiasco. Plenty on here saying Levein should go long before he actually did, and were proven correct. The same is happening again.

Nightmare scenario. Going to starks park with a 3 point and 3 goal difference Lead. Lose 2nil.  Those of us old enough to remember 65 and 86 have seen it all before

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

It’s not done until it’s impossible for anyone to overtake us.  The way this lot are playing just now and the tactics being employed by the manager give me nightmares. We are stumbling towards the finishing line. I hope that we find some form for Friday and put Alloa to the sword but won’t be holding my breath. 

I agree this is now more about character, concentration and "bottle" than football ability or tactics.  It's now more like a golfer in matchplay he is 2 up with 4 to play, no matter how well he has played so far he needs to win a  hole or not lose any to secure the win.  Have our squad of players got what it takes as they have been far from convincing.

6 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Nightmare scenario. Going to starks park with a 3 point and 3 goal difference Lead. Lose 2nil.  Those of us old enough to remember 65 and 86 have seen it all before

Yup - two league titles that were “impossible” to lose! 🙈

53 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Only hearts !!!    Tho I think weirder Bremen and deportiva la Coruna also lost on the last day in 86

Malinga the Swinga
7 hours ago, Sherbet said:

The nightmare scenario is just how many sad ****s who claim to be Hearts supporters are actually willing this to happen. 

Fortunately, it won't. We will win Friday, we will win league and we will be promoted. 

A right royal **** you to any so called supporter who wants us to fail. 

19 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Only hearts !!!    Tho I think weirder Bremen and deportiva la Coruna also lost on the last day in 86

Do you know something that you are not sharing?  😳😳

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The nightmare scenario is just how many sad ****s who claim to be Hearts supporters are actually willing this to happen. 

Fortunately, it won't. We will win Friday, we will win league and we will be promoted. 

Where has anybody said they want Hearts to fail? The answer is nobody so stop making up shite!

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

Werder

I know, my friend.  😄

I was only pulling your leg.  👍

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Aye ok mate.   If I wasnt a hearts fan doubt I remember 65  I appreciate the docksiders celebrate 86   

Just now, Morgan said:

I know, my friend.  😄

I was only pulling your leg.  👍

Thanks for calling me friend.   I've been accused of wanting hearts to fail.  I want it won asap so I can get a decent night's sleep

On 03/04/2021 at 20:30, GinRummy said:

The other sides best chance of promotion is beating us in the pay offs next season. Probably on a windy day with a bobbly pitch. 

And a dodgy ref

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Ouch!!

23 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Leagues not done until its done. Both Dundee and Raith can still catch us so perhaps remember a few months ago this club was booted down a division unfairly. 

Well all they've got to do now to right that wrong is beat a part time side and get a draw from the remaining three games.

Just get it done and wash our hands of this Fword abortion of a season that will be memory-holed by virtually everyone anyway because no fans.

Both can catch but they still have to play each other, so one or both will drop points

Who's going to catch us is the question posed.  The way we're going, I'd say East Fife, Stranraer and Cowdenbeath would all be good bets a year or two down the line.

Noone hearts will get promoted, won't be pretty but Neilson will get the job done 👍

After that change needs to happen unfortunately we don't have the funds to get rid of him or his staff. 

Which puts us in a bit of a situation. 

7 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Get a grip MtS, nobody that is a Hearts supporter wants us to fail. 

Independence
16 hours ago, Sherbet said:

I was at both games. I never take anything for granted!

pennyjambo22
On 03/04/2021 at 21:19, martoon said:

Beat Alloa and it's done.

49 points and Dundee, if they win on Tuesday, and Dunfermline can only reach 51.

Mind you, I have little faith in us beating Alloa.

If we got another crack at a knackered Brora tomorrow I wouldn't put a penny on us winning.

Only thing keeping me going is the hope that, once promotion is clinched, there will be some ground shifting announcements.

That hope is all I have left.

Totally sickened at the moment.

I hope that that you have a left, is indeed enough to see us ok, I have a nagging doubt this shower will get us over the line, then let’s see where we are as a club.

Even with this bunch of charlatans beating Alloa at home should be achievable, I’m not confident though, what a state we’re in.

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Noone hearts will get promoted, won't be pretty but Neilson will get the job done 👍

After that change needs to happen unfortunately we don't have the funds to get rid of him or his staff. 

Which puts us in a bit of a situation. 

Won't we potentially be in a worse situation if we don't get rid of him? The board certainly have a big decision to make, i hope it's the right one, but not confident, as they havent exactly got a lot of big decisions right in the past.

There's no guarantee of beating Alloa on Friday if the team continue to play with the complete lack of interest they have shown for weeks now.  No matter how good or bad a team you are if you lack desire then the likes of Brora can turn you over.   You have to ask why the players look like they don't give a ****.  

Randy Marsh
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No Hearts supporter wants us to fail.  The majority of us want the league won and that hopeless manager removed immediately.  Failure to do so will result in another season wasted next year.  So stop making up pish.

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Get a grip MtS, nobody that is a Hearts supporter wants us to fail. 

Exactly - what total pish that was! 🙄