Who's going to catch us?

graygo

We've got 4 games left to play, the most "likely" team to catch us is probably Dundee who are 14 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Let's be generous and say they will win those 2 games, that puts them 8 points behind with 4 games left.

Looking at the form over the last 6 games where we have been shockingly bad, the "worst ever" according to some we see that Dundee have accumulated 3 points more than us so how the hell are they going to make up 8 points in 4 games? Answer - they're not.

Raith Rovers?  Haven't won any more points than us in last 6 games, they're not catching us.

League is done!

Edited by Awbdy Oot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Greedy Jambo

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• jager man

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nobody going to catch us now but we limping over the line 

Agreed on both points.

Hibs might start to catch up. 

But I think we have the basis of a decent squad. And other things in place that are better.

First 10 to 12 games of Premiership next season are the test. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

But I think we have the basis of a decent squad. And other things in place that are better.

Basis of good squad ? Who do you think are the basis of good squad?

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

😂 was going to post the same question.

we have a goalie that’s about it lol

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, James1874f said:

😂 was going to post the same question.

we have a goalie that’s about it lol

Exactly! Neilson has signed some utter Dross and most of what was left had us sitting bottom of league last season

The other sides best chance of promotion is beating us in the pay offs next season. Probably on a windy day with a bobbly pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Dundee have won 9 games out of 21 so the odds of them winning at least 5 out of 6 is way off the mark!

Not just them winning 5 out of 6 we would need to lose all 4 of our games.

League's over.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Craig Gordon 

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

We need another centre half, several midfielders and another 2 forwards and 2 wingers. So it's a lot of improvement but we don't need to kick everyone out. 

Greedy Jambo

Raith will finish above Dundee in my opinion. 

Highly doubtful that we'll be caught, but it will no doubt be close, going by the state of us. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This statement...along with you voting ‘No’ for RN to be sacked,  pretty much means you know nothing about anything.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Gordon 

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

We need another centre half, several midfielders and another 2 forwards and 2 wingers. So it's a lot of improvement but we don't need to kick everyone out. 

WE need pace , power & athleticism : if we're not going to play the modern pressing style then we're just gonna hear  endless excuses from endless managers about the opposition "sitting in". 

The whole squad just doesn't live up to the needs of the modern game. 

We should already be confirmed champions.

The points accumulated over the last 2 months have been embarrassing, tbph.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Smith , Halkett and Boyce were there when we were sitting bottom of the league ! Halliday and Mackay Steven have been dissapointing so far, if Haring and Souttar can get back to full fitness and pre injury form then yes agree with those 2 and Craig Gordon

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

WE need pace , power & athleticism : if we're not going to play the modern pressing style then we're just gonna hear  endless excuses from endless managers about the opposition "sitting in". 

The whole squad just doesn't live up to the needs of the modern game. 

Great post. Nail on head. Lacked legs all season and Robbie couldn’t see it. 

Fozzyonthefence

I’m more interested in whether we’ll be able to catch the likes of Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren next season. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Gordon 

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

Halliday

souttar

halkett

haring

GMS

no from me 

Shay Logan is he not 33 and only on loan until end of season meh no from me maybe for 1 season but not someone we should be relying on.

Kingsley is ok. Smith not been his best but who has, same with Boyce for what we are getting from Boyce I am sure cheaper options would be available.

squad is a shambles and Neilson should not be allowed to rebuild it

Edited: John Souttar in the no list purely because of injuries

Edited by James1874f

3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Not just them winning 5 out of 6 we would need to lose all 4 of our games.

League's over.

I admire your optimism. 2 points from our last 3 games played plus a defeat to Brora. We will lose to Raith on last day. So we need 4 points from 3 games. I'm not that confident. Hopefully Raith drop points.

Greedy Jambo

A decent manager with more than one way of playing will get a hell of a lot more from our current squad. 

We lack pace and could do with maybe 5 or 6 out and 5 or 6 in. 

It's not a major job imo.

The manager, the coaches and ann budge are more of a problem when it comes to the football. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m more interested in whether we’ll be able to catch the likes of Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren next season. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's about far more than anybody catching us.

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, jager man said:

I admire your optimism. 2 points from our last 3 games played plus a defeat to Brora. We will lose to Raith on last day. So we need 4 points from 3 games. I'm not that confident. Hopefully Raith drop points.

Raith have an identical record in their last 6 games as us, won 2, drawn 3 and lost 1. What makes you just "hopeful" that they will drop points?

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's about far more than anybody catching us.

This thread isn't. It's my thread, them's the rules.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A decent manger with more than one way of playing will get a hell of a lot more from our current squad. 

We lack pace and could do with maybe 5 or 6 out and 5 or 6 in. 

It's not a major job imo.

The manager, the coaches and ann budge are more of a problem when it comes to the football. 

Aye very good but "who's going to catch us?"

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Start a thread on it then.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Aye very good but "who's going to catch us?"

I already answered that. 

28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

To be fair it’s hard to judge the squad with how they are (not) being coached. 

Do you scrap a race car for not winning despite the driver driving in reverse for the second half of the race?

Hectormasson
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As long as neilsons oot !

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I already answered that. 

So you did, not really any need to add your second post then. 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

To be fair it’s hard to judge the squad with how they are (not) being coached. 

Do you scrap a race car for not winning despite the driver driving in reverse for the second half of the race?

Based on being botton of league last season and the struggles this season tells me there's loads of dross there not fit to wear the famous maroon jersey 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

So you did, not really any need to add your second post then. 👍

It was in regards to other posters thoughts on it being all the players fault. 

But you crack on with being a nob. 

thecarnbeejambo

so we are going to win the league..even though its the championship we should still be celebrating especially the way we were relegated. truth be told are we really all that bothered.. its not just a blip over the last couple of games it goes much deeper. the football has been dire.. good players.. at least on paper are absolutely terrible for the most part.. and once more we are going to re-build once more.. or twice more etc. etc. we need a completly fresh management team in place... stendall may well have provided that.. however he had no chance with mr. ego craig levein hanging around like marleys ghost.. come on anne show some bottle and get rid of the safe easy options.

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It was in regards to other posters thoughts on it being all the players fault. 

But you crack on with being a nob. 

It's knob, you should have quoted the post you were replying to. Knob.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

A win against Alloa leaves us needing a point, no team will close our superior goal difference.

👍

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It's knob, you should have quoted the post you were replying to. Knob.

Whatever. 

Brauhauser2012

The basis of a good squad 🤣

****, I needed that after watching that shite. Should have been 3-0 down in the first half when they got on goal with only Gordon to beat.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

Winning this league means nothing apparently because everyone else is rubbish, it's little wonder the players chucked it months ago when they realised the season was a dead rubber. Hope they daren't celebrate or anything.

A fist bump and a fivers worth of M & S vouchers is as much as they should expect.

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Winning this league means nothing apparently because everyone else is rubbish, it's little wonder the players chucked it months ago when they realised the season was a dead rubber. Hope they daren't celebrate or anything.

A fist bump and a fivers worth of M & S vouchers is as much as they should expect.

Absolutely.  I would be embarrassed if any Hearts player crlebrates this tin pot title. 

Beat Alloa and it's done.

49 points and Dundee, if they win on Tuesday, and Dunfermline can only reach 51.

Mind you, I have little faith in us beating Alloa.

If we got another crack at a knackered Brora tomorrow I wouldn't put a penny on us winning.

Only thing keeping me going is the hope that, once promotion is clinched, there will be some ground shifting announcements.

That hope is all I have left.

Totally sickened at the moment.

Randy Marsh

I can see Hearts remaining fixtures being WDLL.  That would leave us on 51 points.  Raith Rovers would be the only team that can catch us.  They would need to win their last 5 matches.  In the unlikely event that they did then a 4-0 win against us on the last day would probably be enough for Raith to win the league on goal difference. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

Greedy Jambo

We'll scrape the league playing utter guff football with a budget 10x the size of anyone else and Robbie will get next season play the same horrible guff while wasting another shit load of money.

Jeffros Furios
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Gordon 

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

:cornette:

Nobody is going to catch us , but it was never about that it’s about building foundations for next season and Gordon apart we haven’t done that 

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I can see Hearts remaining fixtures being WDLL.  That would leave us on 51 points.  Raith Rovers would be the only team that can catch us.  They would need to win their last 5 matches.  In the unlikely event that they did then a 4-0 win against us on the last day would probably be enough for Raith to win the league on goal difference. 

Shit, you've got me on edge now. 😊